Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BV1 How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 07:44 PM
Just curious how many of the guys can reliably hit 14's in the quarter on the Duratec 2.5L naturally aspirated?

Is this a reasonable expectation with the standard I/H/E?

The powers there but its the weight/traction Im worried about.

I've done alot of searching but its hard to find individual results.

Thanks in advance,

-Steve
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 07:48 PM
posting and searching in the dyno/drag would help answer your questions
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 08:17 PM
2.5 NA with stock intake/headers/exhaust breaking 15 flat? If 11,000 CSVTs were manufactured, there must be a handful that did. But other than those miracles, no.

2.5 NA with bunches-o-mods breaking 15 flat? That's happened, yes.

Meanwhile, watch out for the differential. Then there's wheel hop and tires to figure out. And get a good tune.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 08:26 PM
As stated above^^^, There Were Probably Only A Handful Of Factory Freaks That Could Do It. Mine, When Stock, Hit A 15.0 ONCE. Every Other Time It Was Consistently In The 15.3x's.

But If You're Talking About Modded 2.5 Duratecs And Of Course 3L's, Then There's Plenty Of 14's Out There And A Good # Of 13's. Some Here On This Board And Of Course Over On NECO With The Cougar Platform.
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 09:21 PM
With manufacturing standards that have been in place in America for the past 10-15 years, there is no such thing as a factory freak. It all comes down to how the engine was broken in
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 09:25 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
With manufacturing standards that have been in place in America for the past 10-15 years, there is no such thing as a factory freak. It all comes down to how the engine was broken in

I 2nd that notion. I've never liked the idea of "breaking in" a new car with easy miles. You want it to be a runner? Take that thing out from day 1, and drive it like you stole it.

Mark
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/19/06 10:24 PM
My car began life as a test drive car... You know it was taken out hard from mile one.

Its still got its balls, but it also eats oil
Posted By: 99cougar Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

I 2nd that notion. I've never liked the idea of "breaking in" a new car with easy miles. You want it to be a runner? Take that thing out from day 1, and drive it like you stole it.

Mark

Well i didn't get to do that with my car cause it had 35,9xx on it when i got it...but i have drove the sh!t out of it since then!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 01:32 AM

Disagreement here! <yep>

I can't for the life of me see how breaking in an engine can make THAT much of a difference. In longevity of the engine yes, but power production, NO.
That is solely a product of mass flow in, and power extracted, or the efficiency of it. Then of course there is weight, atmospheric properties the day it was tested...etc.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
My car began life as a test drive car... You know it was taken out hard from mile one.

As did mine. They had one of each of the 4 colors. Mine was the test drive model, and it had 260 miles on it when I picked it up. Since day one, I've given her what she likes.

Mark
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

As did mine. They had one of each of the 4 colors. Mine was the test drive model, and it had 260 miles on it when I picked it up. Since day one, I've given her what she likes.

Mark

Action from the rear?
Posted By: Pole120 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 02:25 AM
i'm in the 14's with intake/headers/exhaust/and UDP's

A built trans is a must
Posted By: giddyup306 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 05:06 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Disagreement here! <yep>

I can't for the life of me see how breaking in an engine can make THAT much of a difference. In longevity of the engine yes, but power production, NO.
That is solely a product of mass flow in, and power extracted, or the efficiency of it. Then of course there is weight, atmospheric properties the day it was tested...etc.

I totally agree. I've heard of SHOs pulling 14.5s with just a filter and I've heard of fox body mustangs pull 13s stock. Plus some people just drive like mad men at the track!

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 06:22 PM
Originally posted by giddyup306:

Disagreement here! <yep>

I totally agree. I've heard of SHOs pulling 14.5s with just a filter and I've heard of fox body mustangs pull 13s stock. Plus some people just drive like mad men at the track!

I've also seen mustangs run 15.1s stock.
Posted By: johnny hennessy_dup1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 08:16 PM

Disagreement here! <yep>

I have never seen a 5.0 run 13's stock. the best I have seen is 15.0
Posted By: 99cougar Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/20/06 11:35 PM
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:

Disagreement here! <yep>

Ya even with slicks i am pretty sure a stock 5.0 would make it into the 13's. They got a good bit of torque...but the HP is just lacking in that motor without some work to go with it.
Posted By: stilov Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 01:37 AM
The rumor has it that in like 87 88 (The speed density ones...suspected to run leaner than the MAF ..later models)
stripper 5.0 lx's with headers, gears, and tractions bars with GOOD tires mayb even slicks on a GOOD day with an awesome driver could break into 13.9x's.

They meant stock...like engine work I think.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 01:59 AM
Can we get back to talking about 14 second contours?

Even though most of the attention here was on duratecs, doesn't SleeperZ belong here with maybe some other zetecs?
Posted By: Harrry Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 02:04 AM
The brohers bone stock 93 gt with the least power and tq of all years leading up to 93. He ran 14.4 with stock tires.

BONE STOCk 14.4's maybe he can drive right.

There is no way the fox body mustang in stock form can run 13.xx.No way in hell buddy save the bs.

I heard svts run 16.1 before in a 1/4 mile.(Cough Alex)

Posted By: MxRacer Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:
There is no way the fox body mustang in stock form can run 13.xx.No way in hell buddy save the bs.

stock from the factory? no. but without any additional or different parts? absolutely.

been there, done that.
Posted By: elraido Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 05:43 AM
but chuck norris will beat all of your cars, running.
Posted By: BV1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 04:37 PM
Wow 3 pages, that was quick.

Only heard a cofirmed report of 1 CSVT in the 14's with I/H/E and a UDP.

Any others, bolts ons etc?

-Steve
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 04:48 PM
Once you start adding the "bolt ons" issue in to the mix, the number of confirmed <=14.99 runs will increase substantially.

Exactly HOW MANY bolt ons can I count? I have a few.."bolt" ons but what counts in your list?

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
Once you start adding the "bolt ons" issue in to the mix, the number of confirmed <=14.99 runs will increase substantially.

Exactly HOW MANY bolt ons can I count? I have a few.."bolt" ons but what counts in your list?

When did you take it to the track?

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 05:21 PM

2.5 N/A was the request.....so no bolt on turbo's or nitrous or 3L's that bolt in
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 07:35 PM
there was a guy wayyyy back in the day that hit 14.5 with his n/a 2.5L svt. Car was on slicks though.
Posted By: BV1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/21/06 11:13 PM

2.5 N/A was the request.....so no bolt on turbo's or nitrous or 3L's that bolt in

Agreed, interested in what the 2.5 can do NA, no NOS.

Slicks, etc are ok, try to stick with bolt on mods though.

Thanks,

-Steve
Posted By: Pole120 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/22/06 01:59 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
there was a guy wayyyy back in the day that hit 14.5 with his n/a 2.5L svt. Car was on slicks though.

I'ld like to hit that before track closes this season....i'm on my way and have plans to get me ther
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/22/06 02:57 PM
A few years back there were a couple Capitol CEGers running high 14s with bolt-ons - intake, catback, headers, pulleys.
Posted By: Tourige Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/23/06 09:58 PM
Originally posted by BV1:

Thanks,

-Steve

Wouldent worry about NOS cause IIRC they dont make a kit for our car, now Nitrous.. thats a different story.
Posted By: BV1 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/24/06 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:

Wouldent worry about NOS cause IIRC they dont make a kit for our car, now Nitrous.. thats a different story.

Nitrous Oxide System? Like Nawwwwzzzz.... Does NOS imply a wet system and Nitrous imply a dry system? Did I miss something? lol

-Steve
Posted By: striker2 Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/24/06 02:18 PM

Nitrous Oxide System? Like Nawwwwzzzz.... Does NOS imply a wet system and Nitrous imply a dry system? Did I miss something? lol

-Steve

NOS is a company that makes nitrous kits (dry, wet, and direct port)
Posted By: MxRacer Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/24/06 03:02 PM

Thanks,

-Steve

nos certainly does makes a kit that will work on contours.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/24/06 03:16 PM

Thanks,

-Steve

How was being banned?
Posted By: Barge Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/24/06 07:08 PM
This freaking NOS crap is getting very annoying... next time you say Kleenex or something along those lines I hope someone says... It's sanitary tissue or whatever and they punch you in the face.
Posted By: stilov Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/25/06 12:00 AM
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
This freaking NOS crap is getting very annoying... next time you say Kleenex or something along those lines I hope someone says... It's sanitary tissue or whatever and they punch you in the face.

facial tissue
Posted By: Smorganin Re: How many 14sec contours? - 06/25/06 06:55 AM
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:

Disagreement here! <yep>

Ya even with slicks i am pretty sure a stock 5.0 would make it into the 13's. They got a good bit of torque...but the HP is just lacking in that motor without some work to go with it.

My brother's old 88 hatch had just about every bolt on possible, bored .030 over, 10:1 JE pistons, and a sh1tty ATX and it ran 13.0 flat. I'll try and dig up some slips to show ya.....

Morgan
© CEG Archives