Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: todras_dup1 My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 02:34 PM
'98 SVT with 118k on the clock.

Mods: Apexi S-AFC, open conical air filter, SMA cated y-pipe, 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust with Camaro style Magnaflow. This is plot is SAE corrected. DIN was like 169hp. Car had Bosch platimums which it didn't like. Might have robbed a couple hp. I'm sure the 17" wheels and 13" rotors didn't help matters either. Gained 3hp with the S-AFC.

Posted By: elraido Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 04:03 PM
Why would you have the Bosch ones in there to begin with? Everyone and the mom knows that these cars like ther Autolite/Motocraft double plat plugs.
Posted By: Wien_Sean Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 04:34 PM
Because he just got the car not so long ago.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 04:37 PM
that's one of the 'roughest' dyno plots I've seen. Decent numbers though.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 05:09 PM
Just swapped them for Autolite double's. I didn't know what the car had in it when I dyno'd it. The plugs were fine for a couple weeks after I replaced the wires. A slight miss under hard load cropped which prompted me to get new plugs. Pudmunkie dynoed at 165 too. Don't know his mods though. I thought JV was smare enough to run good plugs. When I picked the car up he said he just put new plugs in with the crap Magnecor's.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 05:16 PM
Originally posted by todras:
A slight miss under hard load cropped which prompted me to get new plugs.

slight????????

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 05:22 PM
Hey the plot might look choppy but the car didn't really drive like it. Hard load in 3rd gear it would show up. And when do I lug my cars around? Especially in 3rd gear. Never.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 08:12 PM
Mines better

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 08:55 PM
I don't have headers.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: My SZ dyno - 06/01/06 10:36 PM
I was kidding
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My SZ dyno - 06/02/06 02:33 PM
Those all look really good though. Just think with headers on the first one and good open exhaust it ought to really open it up.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My SZ dyno - 06/03/06 02:24 AM
Looks like todds got a pretty open exhaust on the car already.

I dyno'd 166 / 153 untuned. My mods are: Open air filter, sho shop Ypipe and Borla exhaust. Wires are magnecores, and im not sure on the plugs I havent replaced them while ive had the car. Ive got headers waiting to go on, and then she can get tuned. Clean out the intake manifolds (never done!) and get her back on a dyno.

I think once todd gets his plug issue figured out it will pull some way better number seeing as he can get it tuned with the apexi

Id post a pic of the dyno plot, but photobucket scales it down so far you can hardly see it.

© CEG Archives