Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Barge Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 06:06 AM
WRX for the win...

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 06:56 AM
So should someone have brought an SVT Cobra to SZ?

What was the fastest Contour?
Posted By: waubm Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 11:36 AM
Not sure since I heard the strip sucked really bad.

But Jim(beyondloadedSE) made 355hp I think, to take the win for highest horsepower Contour.
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
So should someone have brought an SVT Cobra to SZ?

What was the fastest Contour?

Fastest NA contour was Mark Knox with a 15.3
I think I got 2nd with 15.4 but Pole might have beaten me!

But my Dyno was FUBAR'd again. 10:1 AFR form 2k rpms on and I only dyno'd 159 whp with my 3L...

I forgot to mention that this was the shittiest track EVER!!!

My 60' for that 15.4 was a 2.5!
Everyone was running pretty slow times. I made two passes. One was 14.8 @ 103 with a 2.6 60' and the other was a 14.9 @ 102 with a 2.7 60'. It's the first time I've ever been to a track. Still fun to say I did it though.

Harold did run a 9.7 @ 131 with a 1.4 60' in his Lexus though.

And yes, I made 355 whp @ 14 psi with a clean pull to redline. Still had plently of fuel. In fact, the fuel was heading towards 10:1 in the upper rpms. I was thinking the run was going to be cut short since it was running lean at 5,800 rpms at a different dyno, but perhaps their wideband was messed up. I'll go back to Dynotech at a later date and turn up the boost and see what kind of numbers I make.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 02:48 PM
Definitely the worst track I've been to. I went there expecting to run a 14.2 @ 97mph. I was the first Contour to run, and ended up having a throttle body issue on my first run. My second run, I had no traction in first, then lost all traction in 2nd, and then had a clean run. My other two runs were nothing to brag about either. I'll be going to my usual track sometime, since I get better traction on the street than I did at this track.

Mark
I heard that track sucked donkey balls, but I didn't know the balls were just that big!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 05:18 PM
holy crap! and i was going to come down without my drag radials... that wouldn't have been pretty!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/21/06 09:18 PM
Jeez I spun all of 1st gear with my car.....a 2.1 60'?

Best I could muster was a 14.0.

I get better traction on the street.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 12:41 AM
I take full credit for barges 13-5. after all, I dragged the jack from point A to point B, and I stole the mechanics gloves!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 01:30 AM
15.46 @ 88.60 with a 2.24 60'

For refrence at my home track before a catback and accessory UD pulleys i turned

15.35 @ 88.61 with a 2.26 60'

In adition the 15.35 was with no burnout and a piss-poor launch while the 15.46 required a huge burnout and shitload of clutch slipping to maintain traction. The first run was a 15.98 with no burnout and a granny launch and all i did was spin the tires through first...no wonder 90% of the guys out there had tubbed rear ends with slicks reguardless of engine size
Posted By: striker2 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 01:50 AM
I managed to only pull a 17.1 in the zetec with a best 60' of 2.6. the track was deffinatly horrible. i launched at 3k one time and the 60' was 3.0sec
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:02 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

sounds like C6 ZO6 beating times to me!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:27 AM
I just couldn't hook up. Regardless of what I RPMs I launched I bounced through first gear every pass. That + terrible track + brand new short shifter + first time at the track w/ the Goat + lack of driving skills =

14.2 @ 98
60' 2.4

Dyno: 337hp / 336tq

It was disappointing to see SVTs running 16s.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Everyone was running pretty slow times. I made two passes. One was 14.8 @ 103 with a 2.6 60' and the other was a 14.9 @ 102 with a 2.7 60'. It's the first time I've ever been to a track. Still fun to say I did it though.

Harold did run a 9.7 @ 131 with a 1.4 60' in his Lexus though.

And yes, I made 355 whp @ 14 psi with a clean pull to redline. Still had plently of fuel. In fact, the fuel was heading towards 10:1 in the upper rpms. I was thinking the run was going to be cut short since it was running lean at 5,800 rpms at a different dyno, but perhaps their wideband was messed up. I'll go back to Dynotech at a later date and turn up the boost and see what kind of numbers I make.

Jim buy a wideband!!!

I have begun fixing my problems!! I am closer to 11.5:1 AFR at WOT now.

Not the greatest, but better nonetheless!

Just some timing issues since I have SVT cams with an SE program. Also my MAF was too far from the Tb and I had to compensate for that in the tuning! Big shout out to Tweecapotmas for the help!
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Frankenbarge:

Childs play
Originally posted by RyeLou:

Childs play

You couldn't have run better at this track...I promise!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:05 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Childs play

You couldn't have run better at this track...I promise!

agreed. hector was apparently 2.5 seconds off his normal pace.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:14 AM

Childs play

Indeed there was a stage 2 SRT there running 14.2's
Posted By: Barge Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:15 AM
Don't worry... i'll get faster... still running the stock turbo.

I think the WRX is done or close to done being modded for the year... I have big plans for next year.
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Childs play

Indeed there was a stage 2 SRT there running 14.2's

The red one!?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:22 AM
Ya!

I think the SVT's running slow was more lack of driving skills than track issues. Stoobie ran a best of 15.7 on a SE with svt intakes and exhaust, no tune running a bit rich. I beleive 156whp he made. Way to tear it up. His previous best at a local good track was 16.xx.

My times seemed a bit slow when compared to a local track, and I was hooking ok.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 04:57 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

I think the SVT's running slow was more lack of driving skills than track issues.

I couldn't disagree more.......

For the record i had a 15.1 second SE with the same HP as stoobie. I could only put down 15.4's at this track in my SVT with 20 more horse....i'ld be easily be in the 14's at home(find out soon)...it's mostly the track, not the driver.
The best I had was 16.02.

I couldn't find a good RPM to launch at. Above 3000 and lots of wheel hop. Even got wheel hop in the burnout box. Below 3000 and it would bog of the line. Once I got out of 1st I was fine.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:01 PM
Yup, the best I could do was a 15.8x and I've already ran better then that before x amount of mods. BTW, I dyno'd at 176hp/ 15x tq
You guys should just all thank god I wasn't there this year.....

Of course the reason for that would be that it would've been rained out yet again had I shown up

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
You guys should just all thank god I wasn't there this year.....

No offense, but anything short of RWD + Slicks was just plain stupid at that track. There was a 98 Cobra running 14.6's, C5 Z06 running 13.0's, and you can imagine what all of us FWD + street tire cars were running.

For reference, the only time I have traction issues is at ~5000 rpms in 1st gear on the street, and that's with my 60 treadware tires. These things are just plain sticky. At the track, I was losing traction all the way through 2nd gear, and that's with a measily ~206fwhp. And you can't forget that big speed bump looking thing just before the 1/8th mile, and the fact that the track is uphill. The track used to run the opposite direction until a car ended up in the street.

All in all, it was still fun to actually have a dragstrip event, and to get that many Contours out to the track.

Mark
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:42 PM
Treadwear of 60? WTF tires do you have?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 02:49 PM
Treadwear of 60? WTF tires do you have?

Dunlop Super Sport Race. Dig your finger into a #2 pencil eraser. That's pretty much what these tires feel like. I pulled a 2.13 60' time with my old Falken tires, and was hoping to shoot for a 2.09 or better 60' time with these tires. That track made it impossible, so Jim and myself will be heading to Muncie sometime in the somewhat near future, to run some decent times.

Mark
Posted By: Barge Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 03:29 PM
Well I'm glad to hear how bad the track was since I beat my personal best by 2 tenths of a second... 12's here I come...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 03:49 PM
Definitely. When I saw you rip the tires in 2nd gear with your AWD setup, I pretty much didn't want to race anymore.

Mark
Posted By: Judge_dup1 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Definitely. When I saw you rip the tires in 2nd gear with your AWD setup, I pretty much didn't want to race anymore.

Mark

WRXtc FTW
Posted By: Barge Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Lies... all lies... I never launch or shift my car hard.. NASIOC tells me not to.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 10:04 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

Where were you? At home.

I ran what I ran......I knew going into it my tires suck. Didn't think I was going to spin the tires in 1st.

EVERYONE without slicks had traction issues.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 10:04 PM
u have awd your excuse equals the lame
even more so cuz u have launch control
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 10:08 PM
u have awd your excuse equals the lame
even more so cuz u have launch control

You weren't racing either. I spun into 2nd. Until Barge took off his exhaust and adjusted some stuff on his tune (I watched him do it) he was only running 14.2 quarters.

BUT, he has that ability to do those things and ran the better time. Oh well, maybe next year.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/22/06 10:13 PM
ya he adjusted stuff on his tune becuase the car was finished 2 days before SZ and didn't have time to tune it. I was racing becuase roger wasn't there for me to whoop up on!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 03:27 AM

Where were you? At home.

trust me, if my car wasn't dumping fuel all over the exhaust, i'd have been there with bells on. though i'm sure you would have complained about the drag radials and nitrous, right?

if i would have known you'd be knocking down monster 14 second times, i'd have driven my wifes jeep down to take care of you.

if the track was that slow, barges car should be running 11.5's on a good track.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 03:29 AM

Where were you? At home.

trust me, if my car wasn't dumping fuel all over the exhaust, i'd have been there with bells on. though i'm sure you would have complained about the drag radials and nitrous, right?

if i would have known you'd be knocking down monster 14 second times, i'd have driven my wifes jeep down to take care of you.

if the track was that slow, barges car should be running 11.5's on a good track.

Talk is cheap......
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 03:37 AM
Talk is cheap......

sure is. i'll see you at the supermeet. bring lots of money, pokey.
Posted By: Barge Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 08:11 AM
I was tuning my car because that's what I do at the drag strip... I use it as a tuning tool... and because my car hadn't been tuned for the majority of the mods i've done to it.

If i recall correctly I only ran w/ the open exhaust twice and I got a 13.8x before that.
all these excuses are funny...
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 01:16 PM

Where were you? At home.

Talk is cheap......

I feel ya Hector, I couldn't get traction last time at the track too. If you were trapping 98-99mph your car is into the 13's.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 01:49 PM
but he wasn't iirc 96mph to barges 99mph

just so you clowns know i trapped higher in the XR4ti
Posted By: Airforce Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/23/06 04:14 PM

i didn't see one running at Osceola?? im confused!! LOL

I need stickers!!
Originally posted by Airforce:

i didn't see one running at Osceola?? im confused!! LOL

I need stickers!!

His old merkur trapped like 103 or 113 while doing a 15.3

IIRC he spun all until 3rd gear.
My best time at that track was a 14.6120
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/24/06 12:26 AM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:

Where were you? At home.

Talk is cheap......

I feel ya Hector, I couldn't get traction last time at the track too. If you were trapping 98-99mph your car is into the 13's.

I was at 96 mph.

I noticed that I have been getting a smell from the cat (since about 2 weeks ago), which is alright since I have a "replacement" on the way. New tires will hopefully be on also.

I am having my tune checked out this coming weekend.

We'll see soon what I run at my "normal" track.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Fastest car at SZ - What could it be? - 05/24/06 03:43 AM
Originally posted by livinsvt:

I think the SVT's running slow was more lack of driving skills than track issues. Stoobie ran a best of 15.7 on a SE with svt intakes and exhaust, no tune running a bit rich. I beleive 156whp he made.

Yeah, must have been driver skills..... just three days later at home track with ZERO changes to the car.
© CEG Archives