Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 12:17 PM
My Crossfire at the track and its times
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 02:13 PM
Nice.

Although you are in the low-end (or slow end) of the 3L SVT territory, I agree your first run got you there. However, the 3Ls only get better from there and if it were a race between you and one of them I'd bet on the 3L SVT.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 04:33 PM
So, how much faster are the 3.0L's running these days, N/A
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 08:32 PM
14.2 - 14.4ish is what the 3L's are running now on average I'd say.

Mark
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 10:22 PM
The increase of a 2.5L to 3.0L (200 lbs from 169) makes the car go from 15.4-15.7 way down to 14.2 to 14.4's Thats over a second, what are the other mods?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 04/30/06 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
The increase of a 2.5L to 3.0L (200 lbs from 169) makes the car go from 15.4-15.7 way down to 14.2 to 14.4's Thats over a second, what are the other mods?

Well most people have exhaust and other supporting mods which equate to further gains on an engine with more displacement. I'll go to the track at SZ...not really sure I can go before then.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Nobody with a 3L runs at the dragstrip.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 02:40 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Mark

Not many of us do, so it's hard to get a good average. My best to date is a 14.4 @ 96mph with no tuning. 96BlackSe hit 14.3 @ 97mph. I'm shooting for a 14.2 @ 97mph at Spring Zing.

Mark
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 03:20 AM

Mark

Oh I will be!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 10:57 AM
So, how much faster are the 3.0L's running these days, N/A

C'mon, your post sounds like you don't believe it, but low 14's is more or less normal now.
Believe it or not, there is a world of difference when you drop your 1/4 mile time by a second, between low and high 14's or low 15s.

Quote:

You have to look at is as an increase from 160 wheel HP to about 200 wheel HP. That is a lot more telling than 169ft-lbs to 200ft-lbs. Power under the curve is where it is at, which is why a 120 ft-lbs Acura/Honda motor spining to 8K rpm is not something to laugh at.
The only way to make power is lots of peak torque but having it in the right place will make the "Most" of your power. In our cars that would be from 4500-7000rpm.
That means that an SVT with 150-155ft-lbs peak torque that is given a 3L transplant and now produces 190 ft-lbs peak, a 40 ft-lb gain, with the same torque curve and essentially the same vehicle weight; becomes a VERY potent performer.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 11:42 AM

More suprisingly, Mark's hybrid is realitively 'stock'.

The only time I had mine to the track with 17" (215/40) and a CEL it ran a 14.7 @ 94
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 12:37 PM

They better. I want to see how my crappy driving skills stacks up against a 3L turbo.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 05:17 PM
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

They better. I want to see how my crappy driving skills stacks up against a 3L turbo.

They won't. GTO pwns Contours.

6.0L>3.0L
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 09:52 PM
I want to run against a 3L turbo also.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 11:34 PM
I believe it, but I guess the 3.0L's respond better to exhaust/intake mods than the 2.5L's do, alos the chip work must really help.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 11:35 PM
I believe it, but I guess the 3.0L's respond better to exhaust/intake mods than the 2.5L's do, alos the chip work must really help.

At SZ I will show you the software and control I have over the car...now granted at this point in time I do not really know exactly what I'm doing, but regardless, it's cool shiza!

I mean derek pulled 183 Hp out of his nearly stock 2.5L
Posted By: m!key Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/01/06 11:48 PM
hook a brudda up. you know the same one that got you an A on your presentation.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/02/06 03:18 AM
My Best Time To Date Has Been 14.5 @ 94 MPH With CEL And Broken CV Joint On The Pass Side. I'm Not Sure How Negatively That Affected The Quaife, But Im Sure It Wasn't Good.

Im Running A Hybrid With Zero Intake Or Exhaust Mods.
So I Feel Pretty Good About My Time
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/02/06 09:54 AM
Originally posted by m!key:
hook a brudda up. you know the same one that got you an A on your presentation.

If you get an Xcal2 and derek sees enough interest to break even on the license things will happen.

BTW I got a 3.5 on that presentation!
Posted By: touredon Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/03/06 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
My Best Time To Date Has Been 14.5 @ 94 MPH With CEL And Broken CV Joint On The Pass Side. I'm Not Sure How Negatively That Affected The Quaife, But Im Sure It Wasn't Good.

Im Running A Hybrid With Zero Intake Or Exhaust Mods.
So I Feel Pretty Good About My Time

Um, dude...

Caps are used only in special circumstances. I've seen a few of your posts, and figured you might need some help defining exactly when the use of capitals should be considered.

So, here it goes...

� The first words of a sentence
� The pronoun "I"
� Proper nouns (the names of specific people, places, organizations, and sometimes things)
ââ?¬Â¢ Family relationships (i.e. ââ?¬â?? Mother, Father, Auntââ?¬Â¦)
� The names of God, specific deities, religious figures, and holy books. Exception: Do not capitalize the non-specific use of the word "god."
� Directions that are names (North, South, East, and West when used as sections of the country, but not as compass directions)
� The days of the week, the months of the year, and holidays
� The names of countries, nationalities, and specific languages
� The first word in a sentence that is a direct quote
� The major words in the titles of books, articles, and songs example: One of Ringo�s favorite books is 'The Catcher in the Rye'.
� Members of national, political, racial, social, civic, and athletic groups
� Periods and events
� Trademarks
� Words and abbreviations of specific names

I hope this helps...

For those who wish to flame me for pointing this out: If I don't help him, who will? Secondly, I and I'm sure several others, find reading in this manor to be anoying to say the least. I hope that he takes this as the advise it is, so that he may improve upon his communication skills. :P

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/03/06 12:11 AM
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/03/06 02:06 AM
Originally posted by touredon:

I hope this helps...

For those who wish to flame me for pointing this out: If I don't help him, who will? Secondly, I and I'm sure several others, find reading in this manor to be anoying to say the least. I hope that he takes this as the advise it is, so that he may improve upon his communication skills. :P

I don't want to flame you but I do want to inform you that you aren't the first person to talk about it and I doubt your comments will change his mind.

Think of it this way, Its His Style.

The same way that someone walks around with colored hair, gel in their hair, tatoos everywhere, etc. We aren't allowed to poke fun at those people, and in time you get used to it. The age of excessive tolerance. Oh, and don't read it if it is annoying, just skip his post.

Otherwise, just get used to it.....we had to.

Its all good.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/03/06 03:45 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

Pete, where in the hell did you find my cheering section at Ubly at LOL!
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/03/06 07:29 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
The same way that someone walks around with colored hair, gel in their hair, tatoos everywhere, etc. We aren't allowed to poke fun at those people, and in time you get used to it.

WTF?? I make fun of those morons all the time! I figure they do it to draw attention, so I give 'em some. Sick, freaky, f-tards.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/04/06 02:11 AM
gotta love the Ecotec power

Hahn turbo kit?

oh and not bad times yourself
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/04/06 02:16 AM
Originally posted by IonNinja:

Hahn turbo kit?

I guess I missed something. What are you talking about?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/04/06 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

Hahn turbo kit?

I guess I missed something. What are you talking about?

click the link in the first post
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/04/06 03:24 AM

Hahn turbo kit?

Thank you

That Cavalier LS really kicked some ass. I'd like to see what it would've run with some real slicks though With 110 mph in the quarter a 12.3-12.5 would've been no problem! I wonder what the final drive is in those cars, anyone
Posted By: elraido Re: I ran the Crossfire! - 05/04/06 04:02 AM

Hahn turbo kit?

I wonder what the final drive is in those cars, anyone

Broken
© CEG Archives