Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 04:34 AM
So today was the first time that I went to a track with my stock (only for a few more weeks) CSVT. I was pretty happy how it turned out and this is what I ran.

r/t-.456
60 -2.369
330-6.645
1/8-10.199
mph-69.69
1000-13.238
1/4-15.835
mph-86.56

What do you guys think about that, any good?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 05:49 AM
Could be better. Just keep practicing.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 03:16 PM
I know, but what is the lowest time that anyone has got with a complete stock CSVT?

Thats why I thought 15.8 was alright.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 03:24 PM
With just an exhaust, I did 15.3 with a 2.2 60' time. The only time I ran the car bone stock was with ~300lbs of stereo in the back, and ran a 15.8.

Mark
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 03:31 PM
I see, I just have to work on it a little. It was the first time I was at the track so I thought I did alright. Next time I go I'll have my headers, y , and intake in so what do you think, can I break 15?
Posted By: acammer Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 03:40 PM
That depends on how you drive. A 2.3 60' and a 10.2 1/8th mile means either your cars on the slow side, or you're not hitting very good shifts, etc. Your trap speed seems low too, CSVTs are pretty good trappers from what I've seen, my stock 99 Grand Am trapped better than you. (15.7 @ 87.5mph) I think you could go a couple tenths faster. Mods are exciting, but getting the most out of what you've got is a good thing to work towards too. I'm sure with more passes you'll feel out the launch better. Just work on quick shifts, not rough, smooth and fast. If your off the gas for more than a blink of an eye, you're wasting time.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/15/06 03:58 PM
Yeah, I know I'll have to work on it.
My first time ever on a track so I'm happy.
It was an experience.
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
I know, but what is the lowest time that anyone has got with a complete stock CSVT?

IIRC, car and driver or road and track tested it at a 15.4.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/16/06 03:23 PM
I see, so then I guess I didn't do too bad for the first time out.

Mayb 14's next time?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/16/06 08:21 PM

Mayb 14's next time?

lol
Posted By: Tourige Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/16/06 08:25 PM
what RPM did you launch at? Did you even launch, or did you clutch slip?
Posted By: Steeda. Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/16/06 08:49 PM

Mayb 14's next time?

I would shoot for 12's personally!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/17/06 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Mayb 14's next time?

I would shoot for 12's personally!

Ummm, he did say that the next time he'll be at the track, will be with headers and some other mods. If he practices his launch and bangs gears, then 14's are obtainable.

Mark
yes, 14s have been hit on almost near stock svt's. I remember way back in the day, someone hit a 14.9 with a catback and intake iirc.
Posted By: NothernMystique Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/17/06 03:30 AM
Good for you man, I hope you had a blast! I'm planning my first outing this spring. I suspect improvments in time from your practice and modifications.

Good luck,

Pete
Posted By: acammer Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/17/06 03:50 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
yes, 14s have been hit on almost near stock svt's. I remember way back in the day, someone hit a 14.9 with a catback and intake iirc.

I beleive it.. my buddy runs a 14.7 or so in his 05 Grand Prix GTP, and I stay dead even with him till about 60 where he starts out-horsepowering me. With a good launch, I'm pretty sure Car and Drivers 15.4 can be smoked with even a stock SVT.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/17/06 04:17 AM
Yeah, I just have to practice.
At the track so many people with SE-R and Corollas wanted to race me because I was the only one with a 4 door at the track. Then a modded Type R Integra said he wanted to race that he runs 13s and I laughed. He goes "WHy cant you, you're supercharged."

If anyone sees an SVT Contour they think or say one of two things.
1) SVT made a contour?
2) Wow a supercharged contour, wtf!?

I wish I was s/c....
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/17/06 04:20 AM
Oh yeah.. any tips for launching??
Posted By: elraido Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/18/06 05:20 AM
stock times for a stock 95 SE are 15.9. So get to work on launching that car buddy. And when you said 14's, I thought you ment 14 inch tires....doh, what was I thinking. Keep it around 2k at the launch, don't worry too much about the wheel hop, and keep it to the floor after that.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/18/06 11:46 AM
Man it totally depends on where you are located as far as altitude/temp/humidity, as well as racing skills.

Those tested times are not just an actual run they are biased by averaging and estimating as well. You should use those times as an estimate of a good driver in good conditions.
15.8s quarter mile is a pretty good run especially on a not new car.
I remember turning 16s on my SVT in Arizona on the car stock. I had a heavy stereo system but it had more to do with average driving and atmospheric/location conditions than anything else.
With the 3L, I could only turn low 15s in Arizona. When I got to Texas, that changed overnight literally to where I was turning 14s in the 3L. Same weight vehical in all cases, just a little more experience and much better ambient conditions.

So take that crap with a grain of salt, he did pretty good for his first run and now he has a benchmark to better his driving against. When he isn't getting any better then time to start modifying his SVT.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/19/06 12:25 AM
Originally posted by elraido:
don't worry too much about the wheel hop,
Quote:

ummm...

please don't listen to that piece of advice!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/19/06 12:45 AM
I agree, man.. .

PAY ATTENTION TO WHEELHOP like its your daddy with a damn 2x4 in the woodshed. it will BUST YOUR @$% UP, and you will feel REALLY ASHAMED afterwards cause you COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT!

Posted By: Blue Goose Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/19/06 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Ray:
I agree, man.. .

PAY ATTENTION TO WHEELHOP like its your daddy with a damn 2x4 in the woodshed. it will BUST YOUR @$% UP, and you will feel REALLY ASHAMED afterwards cause you COULD HAVE AVOIDED IT!

WOW!!! never heard it put that way before. Definitly gonna watch out for that.
Posted By: elraido Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/19/06 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
I agree, man.. .

And when I ment don't pay attention to wheel hop, i more or less ment to work threw it. keep the rpms down enough to when the hop is gone/never happend, gun the crap out of it.
Posted By: Tourige Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/20/06 01:05 AM
why.. our stock diffs love wheelhop and 7000rpm drops right?
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/20/06 01:26 AM
Looks to be on par w/ what the manuel says
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: So I went to the track today... - 04/20/06 04:32 PM
hahhahah I remember i blew the spyder gear right out of the diff through the tranny case the night before woodward. that was fun trying to find a tow truck in birmingham when the cops took all them for the dream cruise. not fun, but i guess it just made me put in the spec 2 and lsd, so i cant complain.
© CEG Archives