Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 05:51 AM
So today at the track I ran against my friends GS-T and he said he had it at 14 lbs of boost. He wouldnt tell me what he had done to it, but i know he has a new intercooler.

So I didnt dust him or anything, but i beat him by a car length or so.

Afterwards he goes "So how many lbs of boost are you running with your supercharger"

I was pleased to say only one thing.... "NA"

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 06:13 AM
So..

you raced an unknown generation GS-T with 14 PSI (twice that of the normal atmosphere, with an unknown number of unknown mods, in your SVT and you beat HIM by a car length...

To where? eight feet down the road?

What mods do you have done?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 06:18 AM
Don't know about this one.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 06:45 AM
it was a second gen... one main reason why i did in fact win it has that small turbo

and yes i did win in all honesty.. it did help that i am a better driver, but none of us missed any gears
Posted By: MLuko Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 06:45 AM
isnt the GS-T FWD?
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 06:52 AM
yeah... a gsx woulda def had a better launch.. the gs-t is fwd

oh yeah ... did imention it is a spyder... that adds weight
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:

I can see that. U beat an unkown DSM. Most of them are broken anyways...I could prob beat my buddies DSM that has a big 16g with FMIC and 21psi, and my car still has no motor. I <3 DSMs, 90% of the time they're only broken 60%. lol
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/01/06 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Crash Bandicootââ??¢:

I can see that. U beat an unkown DSM. Most of them are broken anyways...I could prob beat my buddies DSM that has a big 16g with FMIC and 21psi, and my car still has no motor. I <3 DSMs, 90% of the time they're only broken 60%. lol

Totally untrue statement. DSMs are only broken beacuse of the owners. My brothers car is prime example of well done (he is at 250k miles MODDED).

As far as a DSM with a big 16G, FMIC @ 21psi....untuned yeah, a SVT maybe could edge it out.....tuned, FORGET IT.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/02/06 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
14 PSI (twice that of the normal atmosphere,

~14lbs of boost is 1bar or the normal atmospherical pressure. ~28-29lbs of boost is twice the normal atmospheical pressure.
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/02/06 11:03 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

~14lbs of boost is 1bar or the normal atmospherical pressure. ~28-29lbs of boost is twice the normal atmospheical pressure.

Except that when the car is at 0 PSI, that's actually 14(atmospheric)PSI. Every additional PSI of boost pressure is added upon that pre-existing 14 PSI that is always around us. Keep in mind, nature will not tolerate a vacuum. So the Vacuum readings on a guage is actually just low pressure, not truely a vacuum. It's just less pressure than 14 PSI.

Robert
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 01:15 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

What??? You mean to tell me that 14PSI of BOOST is the same as normal atmospheric pressure within the manifold? you mean that all N/A engines are running 14PSI of boost all the time?

HEHE I can see where you would get turned around, though.. I said that 14psi is twice that of the normal atmosphere. not that it is two bar of pressure, which would, as you say be ~28psi, or THREE times the normal pressure that would be in a N/A engine. (standard 14PSI of atmosphere, plus 28PSI of positive pressure from the FI..)

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 03:06 AM
Don't know the units of measure but

Every 14.7 = 1 psi
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 03:10 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

Every 14.7 = 1 psi

I believe it's 14.7 PSI = 1 Bar
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 03:17 AM
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:

Every 14.7 = 1 psi

I believe it's 14.7 PSI = 1 Bar

I know that since my boost gauge reads in bar.

Boost is the amount of pressure above atmospheric pressure (14.7).

So wouldn't 14 psi be 14 times the pressure?
Posted By: 1slosnake Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 07:21 AM
So today at the track I ran against my friends GS-T and he said he had it at 14 lbs of boost. He wouldnt tell me what he had done to it, but i know he has a new intercooler.

So I didnt dust him or anything, but i beat him by a car length or so.

Afterwards he goes "So how many lbs of boost are you running with your supercharger"

I was pleased to say only one thing.... "NA"

So what did you run? Copy down your entire timeslip. And you mod list.
Posted By: giddyup306 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 07:58 PM
Well both of you guys are correct. Just depends on if you are talking about PSIG (gague pressure) or PSIA (absoulute pressure). Absolute includes ambiant pressure and gague pressure does not.

Also yes 1 bar is 14.7 PSI because that is atmospheric pressure at sea level at 32*.
Posted By: elraido Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/03/06 10:36 PM
it was a second gen... one main reason why i did in fact win it has that small turbo

and yes i did win in all honesty.. it did help that i am a better driver, but none of us missed any gears

Just because it has a smaller turbo then a 1G doesn't mean that it is slower. How about the fact that the manifolds on the 2gs flow a great deal better then the 1g's? 2g's are heavier and have a smaller turbo, but yet they are still quicker stock then the 1g's. Must be because it takes a while for that BIG turbo to get going. And if I remember right, doesn't a stock dsm run at 9 or 11 psi? Then again, what do i know.
Posted By: Blacksvtownsyou Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/04/06 03:58 PM
There is a red 2g gst that can barly break 15.5's and hes let 3-4 people run it down the track.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/04/06 09:25 PM
Yeah Automatic.
Posted By: SVTCJ Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/05/06 07:08 PM
I wonder if the GS-T lost because this drag was posted on April 1st?

I've ridden in several Turbo DSMs and honestly, any generation manual trans with very minor mods would put a 'shor 'nuf whuppin on my SVT

I haven't ridden in a Turbo Spyder but I can't see the convertible being THAT much slower.
Posted By: elraido Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/05/06 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SVTCJ:
I wonder if the GS-T lost because this drag was posted on April 1st?

I've ridden in several Turbo DSMs and honestly, any generation manual trans with very minor mods would put a 'shor 'nuf whuppin on my SVT

I haven't ridden in a Turbo Spyder but I can't see the convertible being THAT much slower.

it's not.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/07/06 01:23 AM

April the first was 5 days ago
Posted By: EuroTour Re: Pretty happy with my run... - 04/08/06 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

April the first was 5 days ago

Which was when this post was started!
© CEG Archives