Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 04:44 AM
So i was at the track tonight and i pulled of a 15.5??I don't know how it is that slow!my mods are down at the bottom but,before I did those mods i got a 15.6(last year of course)my reaction times are pretty decent so i don't think the is the problem.I did put 94 octane in,I usually use 93(premium).So maybe that was the problem..I need some help any opinions are welcomed.

I hope my rant makes sense to ppl.

Mods:Intake,exhaust,cat delete,fidanza flywheel,spec stage 2,ud pulley,motor mounts(polyd resistor),Carbon fiber hood(weight reduction?).
Posted By: blu_fuz Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 02:14 PM
those mods should have gotten you down to 15 i would think.... maybe your car hates you... dunno
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 02:50 PM
uh what was your reaction time? and how often do you drag your 'tour? In all honestity it could just have been your driving.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
uh what was your reaction time? and how often do you drag your 'tour? In all honestity it could just have been your driving.

Mr. T pity the foo who doesn't know that reaction times don't affect your 1/4 mile times!
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 02:55 PM
Do you still have the stock exhaust manifolds and is your stock y pipe optimized yet?

Maybe if the $$ for the carbon fiber hood had been put into headers instead...?

94 octane shouldn't be an issue.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr T:

Mr. T pity the foo who doesn't know that reaction times don't affect your 1/4 mile times!

lol if his reaction time is .9 lol think about how his shifts are.

We did in a class study in my science intro class up at ESU. The one kids average reaction time on a stop watch was seriously +- .7 secs. And all we had to do was time 10 seconds. I think his worst time was + 1.1 seconds. It was sad.

Now apply someone like that to trying to drag a car.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 05:21 PM

lol if his reaction time is .9 lol think about how his shifts are.

We did in a class study in my science intro class up at ESU. The one kids average reaction time on a stop watch was seriously +- .7 secs. And all we had to do was time 10 seconds. I think his worst time was + 1.1 seconds. It was sad.

Now apply someone like that to trying to drag a car.

Mr. T don't want to hear nothin bout no class studies. reaction time got nothin to do with shifting ability, foo!
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 05:50 PM
LOL

Yeah it kinda does, but I'm gonna let it go.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 07:36 PM
My reaction times were from .400 to .200,which i don't think is bad,and no my car doesn't hate me,we have a good relationship!

Is that grassroots sale still going on for the headers?

Zerohour,do you still go to ESU?My best friend goes there.What year are you?
Posted By: 99SEsport2K4 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 08:54 PM
What were your 60ft times? Have you ever cleaned your UIM/LIM?
Posted By: SnafuFlux_dup1 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/18/06 10:34 PM
ROFL!

I'm not even caring about the post. MrT is killing me!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 04:08 AM
Reaction time doesn't mean squat. I usually don't even pay attention to the tree. The clock doesn't start until your tires leave the line. I could wait there for 30 seconds, and take off how I feel like it, and still run the same times.

Mark
Posted By: Barge Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Reaction time doesn't mean squat. I usually don't even pay attention to the tree. The clock doesn't start until your tires leave the line. I could wait there for 30 seconds, and take off how I feel like it, and still run the same times.

Mark

Unless that pisses them off and they red light your start and don't time you.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 05:49 AM
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Do you still have the stock exhaust manifolds and is your stock y pipe optimized yet?

My thought as well. You can get your Y optimized at a welding shop for relatively little coin and that would free up the flow through the intake & exhaust mods.

<==== (* Starts thinkin' about pulling out the welder... *)
Posted By: Harrry Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 07:36 AM
If you want to hit 14's, headers are a must!!!

Plus work on your launching!!
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 03:40 PM
Yep headers will be ordered this week.

My 60ft times were 2.4(crappy)

Is the sale for the headers still on?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 05:52 PM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
Yep headers will be ordered this week.

My 60ft times were 2.4(crappy)

Is the sale for the headers still on?

Yes, 2.4 is crappy. And yes, the "sale" is still on. It's technically not a "sale," as that is MSDS' new style of pricing. There is no time limit.

Mark
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 06:11 PM
O OK good to hear that there is no time limit.

Well i'm gonna get headers and install them, go back down to the track and hopefully post a 14.9.I'll keep you guys posted!(for those who care).
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 07:49 PM
O OK good to hear that there is no time limit.

Well i'm gonna get headers and install them, go back down to the track and hopefully post a 14.9.I'll keep you guys posted!(for those who care).

Chad ran a 14.7 with headers and 14" rims!
Posted By: acammer Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/19/06 10:40 PM
How come nobodies asked this yet, whats your trap speed? Thats really a good gauge of how the cars running.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 02:05 AM
Originally posted by acammer:
How come nobodies asked this yet, whats your trap speed? Thats really a good gauge of how the cars running.

Hey! thanxs for the input.My trap speed was 89mph,maybe that can help you guys a little more with diagnosing(SP) my problem.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 01:45 PM
thats what mine trapped at stock...
Posted By: Barge Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 05:19 PM
The problem is your 60' blows and your car is slow.

89 mph is pretty low... With minor mods and tuning I was trapping 91.5 or so.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 05:49 PM
Yea well I kind of figured it was slow.Thats why I made this popst I figured something has to be wrong.I thought you guys would be able to help,in which you guys are always very helpful.This sucks that I dumped a pretty good amount of money into and I haven't really seen any big results,except for the butt dyno.Like I have been saying in this post i'm gonna try headers and see if that helps any bit,if not I might have to dump the svt which I really don't want to,but it doesn't make sense dumping in this money for little to no results.That being said i'm going to a dyno on saturday,pretty excited,so maybe the dyno can help me determine if something is wrong with the car.

I Just Don't Understand This Situation!
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 06:01 PM
None of your mods are 'big' hp adding mods. And with the lightened flywheel the car is going to have to be launched differentally (i.e. high rpm launch) to really see the benefit of it.
Posted By: Harrry Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/20/06 10:50 PM
Yea well I kind of figured it was slow.Thats why I made this popst I figured something has to be wrong.I thought you guys would be able to help,in which you guys are always very helpful.This sucks that I dumped a pretty good amount of money into and I haven't really seen any big results,except for the butt dyno.Like I have been saying in this post i'm gonna try headers and see if that helps any bit,if not I might have to dump the svt which I really don't want to,but it doesn't make sense dumping in this money for little to no results.That being said i'm going to a dyno on saturday,pretty excited,so maybe the dyno can help me determine if something is wrong with the car.

I Just Don't Understand This Situation!

Sorry man its not the car, its you driving it!!!
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/21/06 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:

Hmmm maybe it is,but it was my first time down the track with the mods and i'm still on my stock diff.I was trying to go easy on it but i guess next time i'll go a little harder on the launches.Thanxs for the boost of confidence
Posted By: Harrry Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/21/06 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Rickson:

Hmmm maybe it is,but it was my first time down the track with the mods and i'm still on my stock diff.I was trying to go easy on it but i guess next time i'll go a little harder on the launches.Thanxs for the boost of confidence

Well see there ya go, u were treating the conti with respect. Now take her dirty butt to the dragway and this time beat her like she wants it
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: 15.5?!?!?! - 03/21/06 07:19 PM
ROTF!!haha.You got it man!
© CEG Archives