Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Auto-X Fil I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/17/06 02:16 AM
Well, I decided to do a baseline, and make sure the engine is still working well. I'll also record intake air temps as I run to see if that changes anything - I might let it heatsoak and close the hood for the last pulls, if the first ones are close.

So, I run in 4th, correct?

Also, what to expect? 140-145 hp and lb-ft tops? Bone stock non-SVT with K&N cone and freshly cleaned UIM/LIM. This is a Land and Sea, which should be between a Mustang and Dynojet. I'll be getting 5 pulls with wideband (for $65 - not shabby!).

I never really frequent this forum, so I did a bunch of reading to catch up, but I'm still a little in the dark as to what - if anything - I should do to make this accurate and benifical.
yeah, 4th gear.

Id say those estimates are pretty good. I put down 148 whp with my 2.5L with svt exhaust, svt uim, throttle body, bat pipe, and a kkm. Although, after swapping in the 3.0L and looking at the head ports and intake ports with all the carbon build up, i know i could have gained more. It was nasty.

Let us know how it goes. Im interested to see what you pull. Its always fun to try and guess it right.

Im gonna guess 141 whp.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/17/06 03:31 AM
Less than supercharged Zetec ATX powa!
Posted By: MLuko Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/17/06 03:32 AM
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/17/06 03:51 AM
Originally posted by LocoGSR:
Less than supercharged Zetec ATX powa!

But more torque - I hope.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/19/06 03:19 AM
125hp/125lb-ft

Right click, save as.

This is equivalent to 136/136 on a DynoJet. The mess up top was probably wires: I put on a new set, and the Butt Dyno says it's hitting harder up top, just like before. The slope of the torque curve also makes me wonder about my cats being plugged. A/F was 12.5 - 13.5 all the way across.

Thoughts?
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/19/06 07:43 AM
Posted By: elraido Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/19/06 08:15 AM
geez, I know some people who fart more power then that. Sorry to hear about the results.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/19/06 09:44 AM
This is a very conservative dyno, and my A/F is good. I imagine old cats could be hurting me by 5hp or so. I was only 5-10hp lower than most people, so I'm not too stressed: I don't think there's a real problem. I'll gut the precats and try again later. I'm also thinking it might be all the oil I'm running. I remember someone (RogerB?) dynoing low as well, and high oil levels were brought up as a possibility.

Does it look like my torque rolls off a little too steeply? Even with the spark issue up top, it seems to be dropping too fast. That really makes me think airflow. Shouldn't an optimized Y and precat gutting flatten that out quite a bit?
Posted By: jaxsvt Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/20/06 02:34 AM
How did you come to the conversion rate for the DYNOmite to Dynojet? Nice A/F though...

Jack
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 03/20/06 04:42 AM
The guy who runs the shop said most people dyno 10% higher on DynoJets. He runs very conservative numbers.

BTW: was the rpm scale off? It looks like I hit the limiter at 6500 rpm. I thought it was 6750.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 05/08/06 02:51 PM
Originally posted by elraido:
geez, I know some people who fart more power then that. Sorry to hear about the results.

15.7 @ 87 with a 2.34 60'. Still think it's down on power from stock?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 05/08/06 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

Ignore the dummies who want to throw around FantasyJet numbers and refuse to hit the track.

There's only one place to prove what you're putting down and you have your real-world results right there - 15.7 @ 87. Solid #s.
Posted By: tsSVT Re: I'm going to dyno - what to do? - 05/12/06 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:

Mad props on the driving skills.That's better than my SVT. My best time was 15.8 @ 89MPH.I've only been down the strip 5 times.
© CEG Archives