Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 05:37 AM
So like the post says,you experts out there i want to here what you think my quarter mile times are gonna be. Lets see how good you guys really are!
MOD List:
K&N intake with heatshield(just in case it is a hot day/night)
Borla catback
Test pipe (cat removal)
Fidanza flywheel
Spec stage 2 clutch
Underdrive pulley
Motor mounts
Magnecor spark plug wires
Ford motorcraft spark plugs( i heard these are lasercut/gapped and the d-tec takes really well to these)
Carbon fiber hood to light the car up a bit(also i'm not running with a spare and a jack)

Backround- I weigh about 160 so i'm not a huge guy(200+) and i'm pretty good at the dragstrip with reaction times and shifting.

Just thought it would be fun to see if some of you guy can estimate what i'm gonna get, i've read several post and have seen the "experts" chime in saying that having such and such mods wil only get you X amount on the quarter mile. So here is your time to shine!
SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 05:37 AM
Low 15's.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 06:09 AM
Depending on humidity in DE, 15.35 to 15.4

a good run? 15.26-15.30
Well I got a 15.4 last summer with intake and exhaust also a short shifter i forgot to add that in my mod list along with upgraded shifter forks.So I hope I can get better than low 15 with all the other improvement.Also my clutch was shot, it was a pile of crap it slipped like hell.
I'm hoping for 14.9 thats my benchmark.

Humidity isn't really a BIG factor but can come up every now and then.

these #'s you guys are coming up with a disappointing!
Posted By: Harrry Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 08:19 AM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
Well I got a 15.4 last summer with intake and exhaust also a short shifter i forgot to add that in my mod list along with upgraded shifter forks.So I hope I can get better than low 15 with all the other improvement.Also my clutch was shot, it was a pile of crap it slipped like hell.

You need headers to help u get into the 14's.

14's is my mark also. we will see this summer.

If i can chirp second at a 40mph roll with a downpipe, 75m maf and kkm intake with 215-45-17 contti z-rated tires. I wonder what i can do after i put my headers and pulley on

getlucky151 can vouch for the chirping. He was riding shotgun when i did it for him.
Posted By: Pope Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ray:

a good run? 15.26-15.30

+1
Originally posted by Pope:
Originally posted by Ray:

a good run? 15.26-15.30

+1

+2
..not only will you need headers,but a good chip/xcal tune,pref dyno tune
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Arhethia:
If i can chirp second at a 40mph roll with a downpipe, 75m maf and kkm intake with 215-45-17 contti z-rated tires. I wonder what i can do after i put my headers and pulley on

getlucky151 can vouch for the chirping. He was riding shotgun when i did it for him.

Downpipe? And how are you spinning tires at 40mph? I'd imagine those "contti z-rated tires" are either hard as a rock, or just shot? Get some good tires and you won't have that problem, unless you're doing it for the "cool factor." Even banging into 2nd gear, I have a hard time chirping my tires. 206whp/195wtq, but I spend my money where it counts, on GOOD tires.

Mark
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 05:00 PM
I agree headers and an xcal2/dyno tune would be helpful if you want to break 15 flat. You mention motor mounts. Like new stock ones? Or did you mean poly'd roll resistors? If you have bad wheel hop (and as I did not note an LSD in your mod list) consider your ET w/ a broken diff. Doesn't happen to everybody, but it's not unheard of.

As a partial thread hijack, how many people here have broken stock half axles with just NA 2.5Ls?
So like the post says,you experts out there i want to here what you think my quarter mile times are gonna be. Lets see how good you guys really are!
MOD List:
K&N intake with heatshield(just in case it is a hot day/night)
Borla catback
Test pipe (cat removal)
Fidanza flywheel
Spec stage 2 clutch
Underdrive pulley
Motor mounts
Magnecor spark plug wires
Ford motorcraft spark plugs( i heard these are lasercut/gapped and the d-tec takes really well to these)
Carbon fiber hood to light the car up a bit(also i'm not running with a spare and a jack)

Backround- I weigh about 160 so i'm not a huge guy(200+) and i'm pretty good at the dragstrip with reaction times and shifting.

Just thought it would be fun to see if some of you guy can estimate what i'm gonna get, i've read several post and have seen the "experts" chime in saying that having such and such mods wil only get you X amount on the quarter mile. So here is your time to shine!
SORRY FOR IT BEING SO LONG

You've got essentially a stock internal 2.5L SVT motor?

Since its a '99 with that hardware, I'm going to put forth three guesses.
Normal driver 15.2@91mph
Good driver 15.0@91mph
Great Driver 14.9@91mph
Thanxs guys for your input! The motor mounts are the poly resistor,not new stock one. I figured I needed headers therefore thats why its next on my list. I was also thinking about getting a chip/flash/tune,what would be the best bet for me getting a superchip? or x-cal with tune?I kind of think the x-cal with tune will be better but i don't have the budget right now for that, but a reflash/chip I good fit into my budget.Where is the best place to go for something like this?

Note: Yes I know I need an LSD but i'm only 19,working and trying to go to UTI.So i plan on riding the stock diff. intill it breaks.

Can someone use another person x-cal or are they only programmed for one car?
Originally posted by warmonger:

Normal driver Good driver <a href="mailto:15.0@91mph">15.0@91mph</a>
Great Driver <a href="mailto:14.9@91mph">15.2@91mph">15.2@91mph</a>
Good driver <a href="mailto:15.0@91mph">15.0@91mph</a>
Great Driver <a href="mailto:14.9@91mph

Yea well i'm hoping for that 14.9! I'm going to the track down in maryland after a break my new clutch in (1000miles)so after that i'll post some timeslips to keep you guys posted.
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 07:54 PM
Given that you can actually drive the car ill say you're gonna run a 15.1X

Best of luck to ya though!
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 08:26 PM
Backround- I weigh about 160 so i'm not a huge guy(200+)

haha. So 200+ is "huge"? If you're over 5"9 I'd say you're tiny. Go get 'em little guy!

6'1 215lbs Ryan
Posted By: Harrry Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 09:07 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Normal driver Good driver <a href="mailto:15.0@91mph">15.0@91mph</a>
Great Driver <a href="mailto:14.9@91mph">15.2@91mph">15.2@91mph</a>
Good driver <a href="mailto:15.0@91mph">15.0@91mph</a>
Great Driver <a href="mailto:14.9@91mph

Yea well i'm hoping for that 14.9! I'm going to the track down in maryland after a break my new clutch in (1000miles)so after that i'll post some timeslips to keep you guys posted.

Your time will boil down to how much u practiced on your launching!!

Work on that.
Originally posted by RyeLou:
Backround- I weigh about 160 so i'm not a huge guy(200+)

haha. So 200+ is "huge"? If you're over 5"9 I'd say you're tiny. Go get 'em little guy!

6'1 215lbs Ryan

Haha that does sound stupid well i'm about 6'4" 160+ going on 170 i'm not skinny but i'm not big like a defensive linemen.And i'm defintily not a little guy.
but anyways thanxs for pointing that out.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/26/06 11:33 PM
no clutch dumps? Roll out from the launch?

Can someone use another person x-cal or are they only programmed for one car?

1 car at a time. It will work for a second car once the original car's tune is set to stock.
Yea,I kinda of figured that it would only work for one car at a time.

Would a superchip programmed with all my mods be worth it?
yeah...160 or 170 for 6'4" IS TINY...that tall you should be at 200lbs all day, i weigh 200 and i'm only 6'1"...and not fat
Haha ok if we want to talk about my height and weight we can start a new thread! I just wanted to know what everybodys input would be for mt ET time for the quarter mile.
Posted By: elraido Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/28/06 05:10 PM

Heck, I have even chirped my tires going into second---2 times---by accident. And they weren't cheap tires either. I can't remember what type they were, but they were rated A for temp and traction (not that helps a lot). I thought SVT's were quicker in the quarter mile that mid 15's since stock SE's were like 15.9.
Posted By: Harrry Re: Ok experts chime in, Quarter mile times - 02/28/06 07:05 PM
Originally posted by elraido:

Heck, I have even chirped my tires going into second---2 times---by accident. And they weren't cheap tires either. I can't remember what type they were, but they were rated A for temp and traction (not that helps a lot). I thought SVT's were quicker in the quarter mile that mid 15's since stock SE's were like 15.9.

umm not going into second, rolling at 40mph then accelerating.

I think every svt can chirp going into 2nd.
I did going into second today... twice... pulling out of my apartment complex and pulling out of the University parking lot. Didn't even try to but I am sure I probably looked like I was trying to be a badass....
© CEG Archives