Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: NothernMystique First DYNO - 01/17/06 06:04 AM
Had my first Dyno today, I was a little disapointed with my car's performance.

I've posted here

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231339

Car Domain

With a copy of my MODS

I'm sending my chip to be tuned, the A/F looks a little too rich.

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated

Pete

Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 01:16 PM
well, its better than my dyno although I didnt have headers and I had no clue what my air/fuel was. Your air fuel isnt too bad. It does dip down past 12:1, but starts to come back up and almost reach 13:1 as you hit redline. Id definetely get a dyno tune or SCT chip/Xcal.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 02:11 PM

...its not too bad..with your mods i would've expected atleast 160hp at the wheels...have you cleaned the intakes? head ports,uim,lim?...try to get ahold of a svt lim,pretty cheap
Posted By: jtour Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 02:15 PM
Dont worry. Most people that go for their first Dyno read come out disappointed. Just because mods say "10HP increase" doesnt mean you get that increase. There is ALOT more to it. Dyno runs can be heartbreakers and true eye openers!

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 04:45 PM
There's something funny with that A/F. Not sure why it is lean and all at once at 5300rpms it goes rich. Never seen that in a Contour.

Mark
Posted By: Pole120 Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
There's something funny with that A/F. Not sure why it is lean and all at once at 5300rpms it goes rich. Never seen that in a Contour.

Mark

Mine did it too Mark.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 06:14 PM
I'd be a bit upset as well.

I've seen near stock SE's put out 150-155 HP/TQ.

Did you try a pull without the chip? Many generic chips can hurt overall power output because they try and cater to a "one size fits all" mentality.
Posted By: Harrry Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 07:04 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Did you try a pull without the chip? Many generic chips can hurt overall power output because they try and cater to a "one size fits all" mentality.

I was just about to type something close to that. Take out the chip!!

Overall most people who drive there car believe that it has a decent amont of power. So when they dyno it , and see numbers like you have shown, it upsets them thinking, man if feels faster than 150hp.
So i understand ur grief and many others do also!!

Nice run, also to maximize that tb, u need that svt uim, and look for a 01+ cougar lim they are cheap at junyards www.car-parts.com?? look ther for junkyards in ur area!!

01+ cougar lim is the most recent of lim that where the largest in bore size that was made for our applications!!
Other than aftermarked like sho-shop which is closed or ported lim from special companies.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Get back to work! - 01/17/06 07:26 PM

Shouldn't you be BUSY right now?? Working?

Or studying up contour stuff so you can talk about it like you know what's going on....

hehehe
Posted By: NothernMystique Re: First DYNO - 01/17/06 08:33 PM

The Chip is out and off to get a custom tune. It's a diablo, and I see that SCT is the fan favorite here with good reason.

Oddly enough, after pulling the chip the car runs just as good.

Thanks for the further mod suggestions, does anyone want to estimate what I'll get after the custom tune, maybe +35 HP... easy boys, I'm just kidding.
Posted By: Harrry Re: First DYNO - 01/18/06 01:02 AM
i think around 3-5 hp/tq. gl man!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: First DYNO - 01/18/06 01:26 AM
how much did the run cost you?

I wanna get my car dyno tuned after the headers are on.
Posted By: NothernMystique Re: First DYNO - 01/18/06 03:08 AM
The Dyno cost $80 for 2 pulls, and yes, if you can afford it do a before and after dyno. IF the shop is doing the install on the headers, try to negotiate a free dyno after the install.

If (I mean when) I get another car to tune, I will for sure dyno it stock (maybe before I buy) prior to bolting on stuff
Posted By: Tourige Re: First DYNO - 01/18/06 04:40 AM
Originally posted by NothernMystique:
The Dyno cost $80 for 2 pulls, and yes, if you can afford it do a before and after dyno. IF the shop is doing the install on the headers, try to negotiate a free dyno after the install.

If (I mean when) I get another car to tune, I will for sure dyno it stock (maybe before I buy) prior to bolting on stuff

i wish i had that option, there is only 1 dyno in all of calgary and to get the car dyno tuned is going to cost me enough.. well see
Posted By: Harrry Re: First DYNO - 01/18/06 07:32 AM
I have a location called Godspeed that i will be trying for dyno tuning and pulls. 150 for the 1st hour 80 dollars each additional hour of tuning!! Crosing fingers it will take less than 3 hours!!

Waiting to put on headers this summer. I will then be there!!

Putting down 320hp with no problem.

lol
Posted By: Tourige Re: First DYNO - 01/20/06 12:23 AM
80 bucks an hour for me, to bad noone can dyno tune my car because noone has the software.
© CEG Archives