Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: svtcontour80 First Race (At the Track) - 12/12/05 09:32 PM
I was able to race my cousin, who has a 1998 SVT Contour, as do I. He has Y-pipe, Cat-Back exhaust, underdrive pulleys, and ford racing wires, with 97,000 miles on it. Mine is bone stock, with 58,000 miles on it. Track light turns green, He spins, I don't, I beat him by a car. I was very shocked. I figured he would reel me, but I held him off. Could it be that the significant mileage difference helped?
Posted By: Harrry Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/12/05 10:02 PM
Many variables, Tires what size and brand?? Driver also is important, mileage could be an issue. Mainly the drivers!!
Posted By: svtcontour80 Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/12/05 10:37 PM
He is a good driver, but he does not drive the car often, and I guess just had a really bad launch. I got lucky.
Posted By: Harrry Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/12/05 11:02 PM
Originally posted by svtcontour80:
He is a good driver, but he does not drive the car often, and I guess just had a really bad launch. I got lucky.

by the way what was ur 60, and 1/4 time with mph??
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/12/05 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Originally posted by svtcontour80:

by the way what was ur 60, and 1/4 time with mph??

what he said..thats the important thing
Posted By: obicanobi0_dup1 Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/13/05 02:13 AM
im guessing the street didn't have timing equipment
Posted By: Harrry Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/13/05 07:21 AM
Originally posted by obicanobi0:
im guessing the street didn't have timing equipment

i knew that, jsut wanted to see what his excuse was going to be??
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: First Race (At the Track) - 12/13/05 08:47 PM
The mods he has maybe net 12-15hp. Not a big enough difference if one driver is better than another. I'm also guessing you have a cleaner upper and lower intake manifold. At 97k it has to be pretty gunked up if it has never been removed.
© CEG Archives