Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:39 AM
I have been seeing that last stupid thread sitting there because no one posts here any more!

Whats up, none of you race? I KNOW that I can whip any contour on here....

Bench racing is better than no racing.
Maybe someone will post a street racing story so the mods will have something to moderate.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:45 AM
So I did an 18.4 the last time I ran down the track.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:45 AM
Well winter is here and since MI is the contour owners world head q's....well ya. I will have some dynos and 1/4 mile times this April.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:48 AM
Maybe we should move the headquarters down here in the South!

WE can go drag racing right now if we want.

Good luck on your new times.
....Once the snow and salt melts off.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:50 AM
here mods...last weekend i raced my friend with his s/c'd honda prelude...and yeah he beat me..but not by alot..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................locked
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:51 AM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
So I did an 18.4 the last time I ran down the track.

Weren't you in that video of the Texas meet? I watched the video and there were contour and a mercury that were...pardon the observation...really slow looking. Must have been all those dragsters that ran at first that made all the street cars look so slow.

Yeah, I wish I was still in Ft. Hood, I'd have BEEN there! I'd have owned all those street front drive hondas too.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 01:58 AM
Your observation was correct, I'm afraid. Yeah, it was slow, but that run was 3 tenths faster than my old personal best. I'm glad someone watched the video...
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:02 AM
Your observation was correct, I'm afraid. Yeah, it was slow, but that run was 3 tenths faster than my old personal best. I'm glad someone watched the video...

I would have, but I just don't have that much time.... 18.4

<==== (* ducks *)
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:04 AM
hahahaha.

Yeah, I watched it and it was pretty cool. I'm glad to see you guys getting together and I wish I was still in Texas!

I'll still whip everyone but at least it would be fun trying.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:05 AM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

I would have, but I just don't have that much time.... 18.4

<==== (* ducks *)

Oh don't worry, the brick takes 18.4 seconds too!

*hurls acme brick at TourDeForce*
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:06 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
hahahaha.

Yeah, I watched it and it was pretty cool. I'm glad to see you guys getting together and I wish I was still in Texas!

I'll still whip everyone but at least it would be fun trying.

How far is AL from Ft. Wayne, IN?!@
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:08 AM
A little further than the tank of 199.99 octane you need to win will get you! LOL
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:11 AM
I didn't say I would beat you...I just wanna see it!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:12 AM
It?

Oh Gawd that's sick! You perverted son of a motherless goat!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:15 AM
It?

Oh Gawd that's sick! You perverted son of a motherless goat!

Watch your azz...I'll PIIYB when your back is turned.

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:15 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
I didn't say I would beat you...I just wanna see it!

Don't worry. I know that as you keep on working to mod your car you'll be plenty fast soon enough!!!
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 02:16 AM
But will he ever be Merc-0-Matic Fast? That takes REAL talent...
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 04:24 AM
If it helps I may head out to the dyno when I get my new SCT program (2months and waiting). Hopefully the crappy winter gas won't hurt my numbers, but I will be sure to put my summers back on so I'm not dynoing on my squishy winter tires.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 04:45 AM
If there was track near me I'd play beat the crap out of the ATX just to see what my Tour would do.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 04:49 AM
Hey Tom, where are your numbers? Get to the dyno sometime this winter so we can be blown away in amazement. That would wake up this forum.
Posted By: GreaseyMonkey Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 05:12 AM
without going into details, i can safely say that a 1998 CSVT will beat a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

pretty good, considering - for one - those cars aren't made in sticks, so they don't have to worry about shifting, plus all the torque they've got from a 3.8L V6.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 05:32 AM
Originally posted by GreaseyMonkey:
without going into details, i can safely say that a 1998 CSVT will beat a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.

pretty good, considering - for one - those cars aren't made in sticks, so they don't have to worry about shifting, plus all the torque they've got from a 3.8L V6.

Stock v stock it is close. If he is modded tho...buh bye.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 06:03 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:

Stock v stock it is close. If he is modded tho...buh bye.

i think he meant he beat one.

Tom...if you go to SZ i will...
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 12:40 PM
I want to. Just a matter of the leave dates. I'm kind of doubting it now because my class will pick up again in January and it wont be over till June. Unless there is a break in the class.

Oh well, in the mean time I need to make the local dyno and the drags so I can see what this thing can do. Before I burn up these newer tires.
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 04:29 PM
Raced a tour SVT with the STI and killed him! Fords suck...EAT MY SPOILER!!!

j/k
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 05:43 PM
Originally posted by kinger:
Raced a tour SVT with the STI and killed him! Fords suck...EAT MY SPOILER!!!

I'm sure your wallet being much lighter helped out......

JK...even with the extra $$ I spent on my car I'm still not near what a STi would cost in CAD
Posted By: KyleH Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 06:45 PM
So which one would win?:
My 1999 Explorer 4x4 V6 SOCH - 210hp
G/F's 1996 'stique V6-5spd
The CSVT (which I get to pick up tonight )
or my bro's 1998 'tour SE V6-5spd..

Answer....

The Explorer since there's a foot of snow on the ground
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 06:49 PM
Originally posted by KyleH:

The Explorer since there's a foot of snow on the ground

Where are you that you have a foot of snow? North of Toronto I guess?
Posted By: KyleH Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 06:55 PM
Was a hypothetical race...so hypothetical conditions. Thought according to the radio stations we're supposed to be getting a storm over this way toninght.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 10:53 PM

I'm not sure that a stock CSVT will beat the GTP. In fact, I'm pretty convinced that it wont without serious weight reduction or against a stock, bad running GTP. The GT yeah, but not the GTP.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/23/05 10:56 PM

I'm not sure that a stock CSVT will beat the GTP. In fact, I'm pretty convinced that it wont without serious weight reduction or against a stock, bad running GTP. The GT yeah, but not the GTP.

I know mine won't beat a stock 2000GTP, my buddy has one and he beats me by a fender or so everytime we ran stock vs. stock!
Posted By: Stazi Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/24/05 03:49 PM

I have to throw up a SERIOUS BS flag on this - No f'en way. A GT (no P) yes, GTP (supercharged) not a chance. I raced my buddy many, many times my modded SVT (pre-turbo) vs. his stock GTP andd he would beat me every time. Only at 110 (the GTP speed limit) you would start pulling on the GTP, with an SVT.

No with the turbo i would destroy him and any other lightly modded GTP.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/24/05 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

I have to throw up a SERIOUS BS flag on this - No f'en way. A GT (no P) yes, GTP (supercharged) not a chance. I raced my buddy many, many times my modded SVT (pre-turbo) vs. his stock GTP andd he would beat me every time. Only at 110 (the GTP speed limit) you would start pulling on the GTP, with an SVT.

GTP was 126...not 110. My mom had a GTP.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/24/05 06:02 PM

I don't see a BS flag; I raced a stock GTP with my relatively stock (bassani/75mm MAF) and twice beat him by 1/2 a fender.....stock v stock they are close and if the guy in the CSVT can drive you should be very close at the end...
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/25/05 12:59 AM
I went 11.70 at 121mph last night.

The car has more, I just have to get used to the new cam and get my sprained wrist back into powershifting mode...

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/25/05 02:17 PM
That's just sick!

I like your last SVT time of 13.5@107 on 8psi.
That was with DRadials right?
Posted By: wavrdr_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/25/05 02:26 PM
Yep, but trust me when I tell you it had way more in the launch. I was still terrified to snap a DSS stg 2 axle!

That run was against a modded STI. He went like 13.2 to my 13.5, but I "treed" him on the lights and had him by half a car the whole way down the track!

The new car is great, but just like anything there is more et/trap available with my current power of 437hp/396tq....it's just getting it to the ground out of the hole, banging the gears and not mis-shifting.

Posted By: Blue Goose Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/26/05 09:09 PM

I could take a GT with my AXT . Maybe at 50 the svt could take it but those have so much low end compared to the none that we have thats hard to believe that a SVT would catch it. And I wasn't serious about taking the GT. My car is slooooow.
Posted By: Harrry Re: This forum sucks these days - 11/28/05 07:14 PM
hmm i can take u guys anytime of the week at the track!!

I jsut installed turbo boosters and a new radio!!! that is all i need aacording to pimp my ride!!

On serious note, the gtp has way too much torque even though there gearing sucks in there autos. I still don't think we can take them.

My brother has the GTX and in no way can i take him in my car. K up to 50 i have no chance. Me driving his car i can break his tires loose when i am going 10mph. that is alot of tq.

A regular gt we can take np!!
Even alex and his 16.1 can beat it considering they run 16.2 in stock form!!
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/04/05 09:38 PM
warmonger, one of these days when I head back to Gulf Shores from Huntspatch, I may have to make a stop over there in Ozark to check out the tour.

L8R
Rich
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/05/05 01:36 AM
Feel free to pm me or email the day of or day before.
Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/05/05 07:27 PM
Sounds good

L8R
Rich
Posted By: m!key Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/20/05 02:51 AM

thats right 8K on the tach.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/20/05 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:

thats right 8K on the tach.

Posted By: stocksvtcontour Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/20/05 01:23 PM
I would like to think that if you were to do that you would at least wait for the motor to warm up completely. See the temp gauge.
Joe
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/20/05 09:58 PM
He was being silly. (I hope)

That's a photoshopped picture.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/20/05 10:32 PM
I'm just a commuter.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/21/05 01:19 AM
It's a good job though!

What Roger said...hahahaha... If that pic is real, so am I!
Posted By: m!key Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/21/05 02:15 AM
its real alright! with the svt pcm i was able to suspend the properties of physics and reality and have the revs go to 8k and i was doing about 243 MPH. the pin stopped the needles from going farther but i know i was going that fasr because i went by one of those signs that radar you and tell you your speed.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/21/05 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
its real alright! with the svt pcm i was able to suspend the properties of physics and reality and have the revs go to 8k and i was doing about 243 MPH. the pin stopped the needles from going farther but i know i was going that fasr because i went by one of those signs that radar you and tell you your speed.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/21/05 04:53 AM
I can rev my Evo that high.
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: This forum sucks these days - 12/31/05 08:55 PM
I think a stock SVT is a good challenge for a stock GTP from a dig, but just like the SVT the GTP driver has to know how to launch. I put down 250 lb's of torque at the wheels with just exhaust mods (ok, and headers.. but that's exhaust ) and intake in 90* heat, unintercooled, and that car couldn't pull a sub 2.2 60' to save my life on the stock 225's. Now with my 245 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's, at the right pressure, I could probably pull some 2.0 flat's even with close to 270 torque at the wheels on the mild pulley I have now. I only wish I had the hp as some of these turbo duratecs. I think my boat only puts down about 225-230fwhp with the 3.4" I've got and the right tuning from my air/fuel controller (AFC). Any turbo tour would spank that with ease.

As for topend, I would give it to the SVT everytime stock for stock Our GTP's run into a brick wall at about 60, that only valvetrain upgrades or lots of boost can cure, plus our 40mph lag really sucks (can't downshift on stock PCM at 40mph). Now as for a good cammed or intercooled GTP with the right pulley, that's a totally different story. I've got a 1.9" a/w intercooler going on pretty soon that should put me deep into the 13's with the right pulley and any kind of launch. You should bring that badass many-times done-over tour to Texas again some time, Tom, and we'll see how it does down at Ennis with the new concrete they laid down. Bring the VHT!

Edit: btw, your Evo is sick, Hector. I don't know why people hate on the Evo 8's.

Tim
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/01/06 03:08 AM
I'd LOVE to! I just completed some small details that I'd wanted to knock out for a while and got wheels rebalanced the other day. Its riding pretty smooth again and feels just phenomenal!
I love it. I still am probably gonna have to sell it, but until I either make the decision to actually try, get the right offer, or decide screw it and just keep it, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it.
I'm about ready for another trip to the drag strip too now.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/01/06 08:51 PM
Tom,
What ever happened to the relatively new member that was going to buy your SVT? I haven't seen him post in a while. I'm assuming he backed out?

Mark
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/02/06 03:15 AM
Supposedly he is, but time will tell and I have nothing to confirm or deny that he will be good to his word. Last time we talked was a about two weeks ago and he still says he wants it and is waiting for all his financial matters to come in line.

So obviously I'm not going to hold it for him and we have no "Deal" per say, but he knows that if he meets my price or makes a counter offer I can live with then I will sell it and not back out.
I have some time and I'm not hurrying to sell since that would really cost me money. If certain things change about my situation such as where I am going to be stationed, then I won't sell it unless I am already committed to a deal.

So right now is the time to move on my car. The car is running in tip top shape, has so many comprehensive mods, has all the kinks now worked out of the new complete stainless steel turbo/header piping setup, another new clutch, new 42# injectors, finally all gauge pods filled with gauges and fully operational Wideband O2 right on board controlling a nice numerical analag A/F gauge, all brand new bigger brakes with stainless steel lines all the way around, and of course my best tune uploaded and flashed with an SCT Xcal2.

In the meantime I'm going to run it and get some use out of these new parts.
Posted By: Swazo Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/02/06 04:41 AM
IIRC, you are still running an OEM or some type of upgraded CV axel set. What's your take on them considering you haven't snapped them *knocks on wood*.

I ask because I fear that is my only real weak link at this point, and am considering what I should do with my PepBoy's snap 'em and replace 'em under warranty set..... if they would even do that once
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/02/06 05:23 AM
I put in two brand new axles this summer, the GCK OEM style replacements. Love 'em for the price! ABS rings, boots, axle nuts, everything on them looks quality to me that is as good or better than the OEM ones I have sitting on the floor.

I haven't snapped them because I have so much torque that I can always snap the wheels free. If I had a tad less and launched hard, then the tires might hold just a little better and translate the stress to the axle?? Just guessing here but I don't know why I haven't broke any.
I did end up really wearing out the inner joints on my stock ones from the excessive torque though.

I'd say for the price I could buy 5 sets before I came close to the driveshaft shops prices for one set!
Posted By: stilov Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/02/06 04:34 PM
Daymon..unless you have some zsticky tires...I think you'll be okay. tires will break loose SO much sooner.
Posted By: 1slosnake Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/04/06 06:45 AM
Tom,
Just curious how much are looking to get out of your car?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/04/06 01:24 PM
PM me a serious offer if you are interested.
Posted By: Stazi Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/04/06 08:52 PM
PM me a serious offer if you are interested.

I guess the other millionaire 18 y.o. fell through with his BS story about buying your car. Why am I not surprised?????????
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/04/06 11:24 PM
Well, lets say it hasn't fallen through, but it hasn't gone anywhere further either. I just don't like to limit myself in case it IS BS.
I can honestly say that when we talked he said it would be after the first of the year.

Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/07/06 01:26 AM
I put in two brand new axles this summer, the GCK OEM style replacements. Love 'em for the price! ABS rings, boots, axle nuts, everything on them looks quality to me that is as good or better than the OEM ones I have sitting on the floor.

I replaced my passanger side with one, and the first thing i noticed was how much thicker the actual shaft was than the stock. I didnt messure though(to lazy) Only prob. was after a cross country drive i noticed the boot had a small tear in it and all the greece came out. But it had a lifeltime warranty so all i had to do was show them my reciept. Demon recomended them and im glad i listened.
Posted By: Stazi Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/09/06 09:50 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Only prob. was after a cross country drive i noticed the boot had a small tear in it and all the greece came out.

A country came out of the boot?
Posted By: m!key Re: This forum sucks these days - 01/09/06 10:54 PM
HA ha!
© CEG Archives