Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: skifast87 v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:34 PM
im pretty sure the mustang would win but to be honest i really dont know
Posted By: RawBurt Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:35 PM
Delete this thread while there is still hope.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:35 PM
good for you
Posted By: 99SEsport2K4 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:38 PM
if the stang is newer than 99 and is mtx then it would be darn close against a mtx tour. an atx tour might be able to take the stang on top end but not in the 1/4. cd4e=
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Waffles or Pancakes? - 10/31/05 08:39 PM
both are good, but pancakes fill me up quicker. Which is better I really don't know!
Posted By: skifast87 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:42 PM
thank you to the person who helped me out. thats what i thought this place was about. guess i was wrong all i asked for was a simple anwser to my question. not to here you all tell me how dumb my question was. in the amount of time it took you to tell me how dumb my question was you could have anwsered it.

thank you
and
have a nice day
Posted By: RawBurt Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:48 PM
Hey, I tried to help you by telling you to delete it while you still have hope. If you really want to find out... Get into your contour and call up your buddy with the mustang, go to the track and race!
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:53 PM
Needs more detail. Transmission, model year, etc. An '05 V6 Stang would probably walk away.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:56 PM
mm...05 v6 didnt walk away from me
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 08:57 PM
Originally posted by skifast87:
thank you to the person who helped me out. thats what i thought this place was about. guess i was wrong all i asked for was a simple anwser to my question. not to here you all tell me how dumb my question was. in the amount of time it took you to tell me how dumb my question was you could have anwsered it.

thank you
and
have a nice day

Not only was your question dumb, but this leads me to believe that you too are dumb.

Do all newbies ask this question!

And no the v6 mtx mustang will not beat any MTX contour.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 09:03 PM
Just the fact that this has been asked 4000 times in the last year makes me feel even dumber for reading this thread.
And no, that's not what this forum is about. It's about posting real world data after it's already been done. So, you take your Contour to the track along with your friend and his Mustang. You race, and you come back to tell us how bad you won or lost.

Mark
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 09:04 PM
This forum is NOT about stupid questions that you can find answers to on Google. Learn to read, spell, and make complete sentences. Then use this new-found grammatical power to read the forums and ask good questions about things that matter. Until then, don't post more useless crap like you've been doing. Your post history is nothing but pointless questions that take up board space and our time. Get some common sense or get the hell out.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 09:09 PM
Common sense is so uncommon!
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 10:18 PM
Originally posted by csvtjohnga:

OK, but a straight Duratec?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

as opposed to the gay Duratec?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 10:39 PM
No, as opposed to a V duratech. He must mean the 4 cyl.

Seriously though: what the hell do you have to keep up with an '05?
Posted By: SVT_Mystique Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 10:44 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
No, as opposed to a V duratech. He must mean the 4 cyl.

Seriously though: what the hell do you have to keep up with an '05?

K&N RU-3530. I was able to keep up (and seemed I was pulled a little bit near the end) with my roomates 05 v6 atx.
Posted By: 99SVT_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 11:28 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

His duratec likes other boy duratecs.
Posted By: Number47 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 11:36 PM
if it even matter if i remember correctly the mustang only had 190 HP till `05 and the SVT or at least the 00 had 200 also the mustang has a bit more weight than my SVT (i have a stock one, and yes its pathetic. leave me alone i'm 19 and paying off a house) so with that said you do the math. in all honesty it depends on the driver and someone that gives a [censored]
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 10/31/05 11:38 PM
bench racing is all that really matters.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Number47:
if it even matter if i remember correctly the mustang only had 190 HP till `05 and the SVT or at least the 00 had 200

And the Mustang has 220 lb-ft of tq to the SVTs 165-170. It's also RWD. The question was stupid to begin with, and if anyone really cares, you can look up the tested times for a particular model pretty easily. Talking specs is pointless, because you can't possibly guess what it will run with that much accuracy.

I propose a ban on X vs. Y threads. It's just rediculous and it makes looking for real info in this forum a royal pain. I don't think there's any reason to have them, but if they MUST exist, I'd like to see them in CI.

Stupid Threads
X vs. Y threads are ghey, put up a sticky saying they're not allowed and lock them if they show up.
They're diverting, but unless they're about a modded Contour, they should go to CI.
They are better than talking about wheelhop, so let's keep them.

Posted By: Geddup Noise Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 01:41 AM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
Hey, I tried to help you by telling you to delete it while you still have hope. If you really want to find out... Get into your contour and call up your buddy with the mustang, go to the track and race!

Stupid questions deserve stupi answers.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:00 AM
Originally posted by rasmith:
Originally posted by RawBurt:

Stupid questions deserve stupi answers.

Are you on crack?!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:11 AM
They certainly do NOT belong in CI... There is FAR too much clutter there as it is.

they should either be "allowed" or "not", in D&D.

My choice, personally, would be to not allow them.

Ray
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Ray:

My choice, personally, would be to not allow them.

Could you please talk it up with the mods? Maybe not even specifically these X vs. Y threads: there are other topics that are pointless and recurrent as well. There is way too much garbage on this forum right now, and I have no problems with a huge, ugly CI section: people aren't going to stop being silly. But I'd like to see everything but CI get cleaned up. It's impossible to find information because it's mixed in with so much junk. If you look at threads in the archives, it's much nicer: ask a question, get an answer. We can't magically jump back there without a very strict crackdown that would alienate a lot of people and leave us tiny, but I'd like to see improvement before this site goes to hell: this seems like as good a place as any to take a stand and say I'm sick of this.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:45 AM

nope its a crooked duratec

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:50 AM

Could you please talk it up with the mods?

Your request, as well as this thread, have been forwarded to the rest of the mods for action. We'll see where it goes from here.

Ray
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 02:53 AM

nope its a crooked duratec

No, it's three sheets to the wind!
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 03:36 AM
o
Posted By: PurpleMystique Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 05:05 AM
According to road & track the '05 V6 auto convertible mustang (the slowest they now make) runs a 15.1. Stock SVT will run a 15.2 according to C&D. So, according to these specific numbers, assuming equal conditions, driver skill, blah blah, no. I'm not saying it's never happened or will happen.
My Mystique and my friend's Grand Am both have 170hp and weigh about 3000 pounds, but he's got 200 lb-ft of torque. It makes a huge difference. So there's your answer. It took me like 10 seconds to search for that info.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 06:06 AM
Originally posted by PurpleMystique:
According to road & track the '05 V6 auto convertible mustang (the slowest they now make) runs a 15.1. Stock SVT will run a 15.2 according to C&D. So, according to these specific numbers, assuming equal conditions, driver skill, blah blah, no. I'm not saying it's never happened or will happen.
My Mystique and my friend's Grand Am both have 170hp and weigh about 3000 pounds, but he's got 200 lb-ft of torque. It makes a huge difference. So there's your answer. It took me like 10 seconds to search for that info.

Here's the link assclown

2005 Ford Mustang LX 4.0l 6.9 15.3 (C&D Feb 05)
2005 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L V8 5.1 13.5 (MT Jan 05)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Convertible 5.2 13.8 (MT Apr 05)

Taken from here: Where'd you get your information from again?!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 06:34 AM
i test drove the v6 auto (for wife ) convertible and it seriously did not impress me. my wife's 325 auto feels way faster than that mini-muscle car did. dont get me wrong, i did like it, a lot, but not in auto form it definitely needs an autostick option! even chrysler is offering them on the 300/chargers. or at least a "sports" mode.
Posted By: RancherLee Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 11:04 AM
I've been looking at a CSVT and I'm a 3.8L freak and I have alot of experiance with V6 stangs. In the real world here is what they typically run BONE STOCK.

94-98's
5speed = 16.2-16.5 @ 84mph
Auto = 17.0-16.7 @ 81mph

99-04
5speed = 15.5-14.9 @ 90mph(yes, I've personally seen TWO crack 14's stock in good air and a good driver)
Auto = 16.2-15.7 @ 87mph
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 10:24 PM
Once you start censorship of this form then you reduce the number of new bodies who come online, thereby reducing the amount of new people that might actually stick around and learn something. In effect you cut off new blood and make the site stale.

Everyone was young or inexperienced at one point. It gives you something to do to educate them or to at least read their posts or ignore them. Hell, if you cut out all the newbie threads then half the traffic will be gone. Besides. Some of the veteran posters on here with thousands of posts are just as bad...and some plain dumb.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/01/05 10:28 PM
Originally posted by RancherLee:
I've been looking at a CSVT and I'm a 3.8L freak and I have alot of experiance with V6 stangs. In the real world here is what they typically run BONE STOCK.

94-98's
5speed = 16.2-16.5 @ 84mph
Auto = 17.0-16.7 @ 81mph

99-04
5speed = 15.5-14.9 @ 90mph(yes, I've personally seen TWO crack 14's stock in good air and a good driver)
Auto = 16.2-15.7 @ 87mph

Those are pretty much spot on with my experience too.
I used to race a friend with a 00 V6 stang many times an it was dead even with my contour svt when it was stock until we broke 75mph or so. Then the contour pulls away due in part to better aerodynamics I think.
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/02/05 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Just the fact that this has been asked 4000 times in the last year makes me feel even dumber for reading this thread.

Posted By: skifast87 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/03/05 09:15 PM
First off let me say sorry for asking such a dumb question. To be honest all I wanted was a yes or no. I really donâ??t want to hate on you guys but come on if we ask a dumb question or what you think is dumb then answer it or leave it alone. I swear some of you guys sit and wait for a â?? new CEGâ??erâ? to post something so you can say â?? OMG SEARCHâ? or â?? what an idiotâ? the whole point of this site is for people to learn from each other. Telling people there question is dumb doesnâ??t help things either way. And to those of you reading this and saying â??dumb questions get dumb answersâ? go ahead and knock your self out but it aint helping

Answer it or click back
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/03/05 09:17 PM
I know i beat one, and that is all i can say.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/04/05 12:37 AM
the whole point of this site is for people to learn from each other.

This was intended to be done via the faq's how-tos, and stickies, not "ask any question you want and get it answered because saying 'search' doesn't help!!"

Quote:

Telling people there question is dumb doesnâ??t help things either way.

I do agree with you, there.

Ray
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/04/05 02:46 AM
To be honest all I wanted was a yes or no.

I think thats the problem most people have. Its not a yes or no answer. If it were, then you could just look up the stats on Car and Driver's website and see which one is faster in the 1/4 mile. But were not bench racing, were talking about real life drag racing. Only way to answer your question is to go out and really race.
Posted By: hsoverma Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? *DELETED* - 11/11/05 09:20 PM
Post deleted by mbb41
Posted By: Pole120 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/11/05 10:11 PM
Do you not know how to read the stickie at the top of the thread?
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/11/05 10:29 PM
Street Racing Stories=bannination candidacy.
Posted By: skifast87 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/12/05 04:50 AM
what have i done i sware to you mark my words i will never ask another dumb question like this again how do i delete this thred ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/12/05 02:22 PM
like they said street racing stories aren't allowed....also we don't really care for liars here either....

only in a dream or your wild imagination did you beat any of the mentioned vehicles......you need to pass around some of what you are smoking to the rest of us....
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/12/05 09:14 PM
cocaine is a hellova drug. huhuhuh...
Posted By: G Stone Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/12/05 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Street Racing Stories=bannination candidacy.

Uh oh run and tell a mod.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/12/05 11:40 PM
No need.. we've been watching..

and, besides... I'd commend him for doing that.. and not you, for arguing against it.

Ray
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/13/05 12:36 AM
Originally posted by hsoverma:
Put a stock CSVT against any stock mustang on an SCCA solo course and I'm sure it can win

CAN win, if the Mustang driver sucks. Any of the quicker Mustangs will get around significantly faster than a Contour. And I assume you mean Solo II, because Solo I is a whole 'nother story.

But you're pretty high on the assclown list anyway, so

Posted By: Pre98 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/14/05 04:00 PM
Originally posted by hsoverma:
Put a stock CSVT against any stock mustang on an SCCA solo course and I'm sure it can win

CAN win, if the Mustang driver sucks. Any of the quicker Mustangs will get around significantly faster than a Contour. And I assume you mean Solo II, because Solo I is a whole 'nother story.

May I be so quick to acknowledge I have wanted to put you on that list as well.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/14/05 05:54 PM
Kim Kim....Hurry, whats going to happen next????
Posted By: skifast87 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/14/05 10:24 PM
i have started a monster ill never speak again
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/14/05 11:02 PM
i have started a monster ill never speak again

Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

Because I break the rules when...?
Posted By: skifast87 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 02:25 AM
hahahha i sware i now understand why you hardcore guys get soo mad when we ask dubm questions
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 02:58 AM
Just to put an end to this post. I will have a video of a nearly stock SVT vs a 2005 v6 auto stang, in a few weeks when I put my summer tires on for a day. I'll post up when i have it and email the links to people since it won't follow CEG rules.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Slack Master Doug:
Just to put an end to this post. I will have a video of a nearly stock SVT vs a 2005 v6 auto stang, in a few weeks when I put my summer tires on for a day. I'll post up when i have it and email the links to people since it won't follow CEG rules.

What was l?© outcome?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 03:13 AM
He WILL have...
Posted By: Pre98 Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

Because I break the rules when...?

I can count two rules broken in one post alone. But hey I'm not a moderator.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 05:09 AM
Why are you two getting personal?!
Posted By: ado Re: v6 mustang VS v6 contour? - 11/15/05 07:31 AM
My friend beat a V6 mustang with his 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (had a cold air intake and exhaust), and I beat his eclipse with my stock 98 svt contour...

I also kept up with a V8 mustang GT, but he walked away in 3rd gear

You can't just look up the Horsepower and Torque and tell people whos faster... to me the V6 Mustang is extremely slow.

(both of those mustangs were year 2000+, dont know the exact year) but I doubt any stock mustang V6 can go against a V6 contour, especially not csvt.
© CEG Archives