Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Five-Oh! 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 09:56 PM
This is all in my mom's corolla, i was getting low-mid 17's but i began dropping my times, i finally hit a 16.97

Here's the 16.977 run

Reaction .758 (based on a .500 perfect)
60ft 2.610
594ft 10.410
1/8 et 11.059
1/8mph 69.36
1/4 et 16.977
1/4mph 81.62

Greatest part i was whooppin up on a fellow ceg'er, beat him twice in my mom's auto corolla, then drove his car and beat him while he was driving my corolla.

My reaction times were kicking ass, ask anyone there, here they are for every run. All based on a .500 perfect reaction.

Other's weren't so fortunate *cough* BILL *cough*
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 09:59 PM
Hey my best run was pretty damn good for the v6 auto...
Reaction ..838 (based on a .500 perfect)
60ft 2.519
594ft 10.272
1/8 et 10.920
1/8mph 69.55
1/4 et 16.691
1/4mph 84.37
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 10:04 PM
here's my only run in YOUR CAR.

reaction .874
60 ft 2.476
594ft 10.274
1/8 et 10.917
1/8mph 69.96
1/4et 16.761
1/4mph 82.05
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 10:04 PM
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 10:15 PM
That's a good mph. My zetec cuts 11 flat in the 1/8 but at 65mph.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 10:46 PM
Your mom's Corolla is almost as fast as your SVT!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/29/05 11:58 PM
he's got the 1337 korean reflexes
Posted By: Harrry Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/30/05 02:56 AM
Originally posted by JCSVT:
Your mom's Corolla is almost as fast as your SVT!

wow u are right, damnit it mexican!!
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/30/05 03:28 PM
My best time (V6 ATX), near stock just an optimized TB

R/T: I was sleeping
60': 2.583
330: 7.079
1/8: 10.723
MPH: 68.04
1000: 13.826
1/4: 16.465
MPH: 85.32

Just gotta go back now that I got my chip in with the nice quick-shift tune... Hopefully with the chip and when I get the SVT exhaust, optimized y-pipe and my K&N Ru-3530/heatshield back on I break into the 15's... We'll see though...

I think with the chip I would be close though... The car shifts nice and quick...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:04 PM
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
(based on a .500 perfect)

Then how did I get a .499 reaction time?
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:25 PM
Its called a foul
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:38 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
(based on a .500 perfect)

Then how did I get a .499 reaction time?

Thats when u had the red light special on the tree
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:48 PM
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
Its called a foul

LOL
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:52 PM
redlight is no fun.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
redlight is no fun.

Yup I think 96blackSE and starjammir covered that pretty well already, thanks for your input though...
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 02:01 PM
redlight is no fun.

Yup I think 96blackSE and starjammir covered that pretty well already, thanks for your input though...

I'm sorry, did i miss a personal dig tht constituted the obnoxious reply?

YOU'RE A FAG!!!!!!!!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, did i miss a personal dig tht constituted the obnoxious reply?

Nice job on the quick edit...

YOU'RE A FAG!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 02:08 PM
Have a nice day
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 02:19 PM
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 02:28 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

I concur!
Posted By: Stazi Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 05:52 PM
Where are your times Rob?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 06:22 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoââ??¢:

I concur!

No I was talking about both of you!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

Mark
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Stazi:

My best time was a 15.4

I was very much so let down, I was hoping to be somewhere in the mid/ high 14 range. I'm thinking that with some of the modifications I have done I should be doing better then that.

(And no, its not because I suck at driving)
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 07:31 PM

Nobody sucks at driving...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 08:26 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

lol... Post your timeslips Robert. Or atleast tell us what the slips say.. If nothing else, your 60' times.. A 15.4 isn't TOO bad. What all mods do you have now? I think I did a 15.3 with Bassani and K&N, but that was with those pathetic Kumho Ecsta tires.

Give a little more info!

EDIT: Also, were you running on those heavy 18"s?? If so, you should know better!

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 08:30 PM

lol... Post your timeslips Robert. Or atleast tell us what the slips say.. If nothing else, your 60' times.. A 15.4 isn't TOO bad. What all mods do you have now? I think I did a 15.3 with Bassani and K&N, but that was with those pathetic Kumho Ecsta tires.

Give a little more info!

EDIT: Also, were you running on those heavy 18"s?? If so, you should know better!

Mark

Yeah a 15.4 is about right for a bonestock car...
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 08:31 PM
Well my scanner is broken, so I cant scan them... Oh and my digital camera fell out of my window on the way back from the track causing me to swerve all over the road, to the point where my time slips got picked up by a giant breeze that blew through my car sending my slips out a 1.5 inch crack in the window. I was going to go back and get them, but considering that I had my SVT up to 178 MPH, I doubt I would of found them.

Seriously though, I'll post a couple of my slips tomorrow along with mods and current state of the car... Hopefully I can get some input on why I'm doing so crappy!
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 08:39 PM
but considering that I had my SVT up to 178 MPH,

you wish!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 08:41 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
but considering that I had my SVT up to 178 MPH,

you wish!

I added a face for some that didn't catch the sarcasm! Jeez Bill!!!!!!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 09:07 PM
shudda let me do one run, i beat bill in his own car against the car i was still beating him in, a corolla!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 09:12 PM
shudda let me do one run, i beat bill in his own car against the car i was still beating him in, a corolla!

You did see that he was running in the 15's, and not the 17's right? I think he wanted to keep it below a high 16 second pass. I think I could cut my clutch leg off and run better times than you Alex.

Mark
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 09:13 PM
well my mom's car sucks as well as the csvt.

and hey although i wasn't in teh fastest car that day my r/t's were decent.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 09:15 PM
too bad reaction time means nothing for you 1/4 mile time...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 09:19 PM
well my mom's car sucks as well as the csvt.

sorry to burst your bubble but variations from .5 - .8 isn't 'decent'. If you cut all .5s and low .6 then maybe....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 10/31/05 10:14 PM

Then you've mastered the only part of 1/4 mile racing that doesn't matter. You can pull 2.5 r/t's, but it doesn't make your times any better. You can't make up for experience in launching these cars, and being able to shift fast.

Mark
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 02:53 AM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
too bad reaction time means nothing for you 1/4 mile time...

Reaction times can help out alot, i beat Bill in the corolla everytime because of my reaction times, and then i beat him while driving his car and he was driving my corolla becasue of the reaction times.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 03:13 AM
R/T's are not factored into a 1/4 mile ET whatsoever.

Even though you crossed the finish first, doesn�t necessarily mean you got there the fastest, and that's what matters Alex.

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 04:20 AM
I hate to break this to you Alex, but the clock starts when you take off, i.e. "break the beam"

Robert, a 15.4 from a CSVT is right on where its supposed to be if you go by what the manuel says and/or the magazines "back in the day". What did the SHO's run
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 01:19 PM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
What did the SHO's run

SHOs (MTX) are all over the board. A few factory freak (stone stock) have ran 14.7s. However, the majority run low 15s @ 91-93ish...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 02:08 PM
What did the SHO's run

SHOs (MTX) are all over the board. A few factory freak (stone stock) have ran 14.7s. However, the majority run low 15s @ 91-93ish...

So pretty much what the CSVT's run, but with a bit more mph, but thats because of the hp/torque advantage, pretty good
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/01/05 02:26 PM
What did the SHO's run

So pretty much what the CSVT's run, but with a bit more mph, but thats because of the hp/torque advantage, pretty good

Bascially, but the HP/TQ is negatated by the extra ~400 the SHOs carry around than the CSVT. However, a SHO will rape a CSVT in a roll
Posted By: Shawnb Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/25/05 05:44 AM
*Disclaimer* I know I am setting myself up for flamage, but I don't have access to a track right now. *Disclaimer*

With my pilot bearing going out, I decided that when I launch my car, I won't ride the clutch much. Therefore, I have to lauch from about 2000rpm and just about drop the clutch. I don't dump it completely, but I certainly don't feather the crap out of it.

I only did one run, and I used this style of launch. I managed a 15.2 on a G-Tech, but I know that certainly wouldn't be the case on a drag strip. Hell, a 2 grand launch would probably stall my car on a sticky track. Heh.

Anyways, I would like to think that with a repaired clutch/pilot bearing, my car would be able to hang atleast 15 flats with a good launch.

So, in conclusion, my G-Tech (however inaccurate you believe they are) said I ran a 15.2 at 94.3mph with a 0-60 of 6.71 seconds.

As soon as I get my car fixed, a few extra bucks, time off of work, and a clear schedule, I'll take my car to the track that is and hour and a half away. I'm really curious to see what this little thing will run.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/25/05 05:47 AM
I've found the G-tech to be about 2-3 tenths fast, and about 6-8mph high. You'd probably be in the 15.4-15.5 range with an 87-89mph trap.

Mark
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/25/05 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Shawnb:
*Disclaimer* I know I am setting myself up for flamage, but I don't have access to a track right now. *Disclaimer*

With my pilot bearing going out, I decided that when I launch my car, I won't ride the clutch much. Therefore, I have to lauch from about 2000rpm and just about drop the clutch. I don't dump it completely, but I certainly don't feather the crap out of it.

I only did one run, and I used this style of launch. I managed a 15.2 on a G-Tech, but I know that certainly wouldn't be the case on a drag strip. Hell, a 2 grand launch would probably stall my car on a sticky track. Heh.

Anyways, I would like to think that with a repaired clutch/pilot bearing, my car would be able to hang atleast 15 flats with a good launch.

So, in conclusion, my G-Tech (however inaccurate you believe they are) said I ran a 15.2 at 94.3mph with a 0-60 of 6.71 seconds.

As soon as I get my car fixed, a few extra bucks, time off of work, and a clear schedule, I'll take my car to the track that is and hour and a half away. I'm really curious to see what this little thing will run.

Some people think the Gtech is worthless. I think it is worthless if a person doesn't do his setup correctly and do the test on level ground, etc. It has its uses if you use the same area all the time and you want to do multiple back to back runs and record things like temp and note the winds. Then when you make a modification then you do everything the same and at that point it becomes usefull.
It is OK for "ballpark" stats though if it were set up right though not for real quoted runs.

I wouldn't flame you for that.

Now I will flame you for stating you have a Pilot Bearing ??
Where did you get that...same place as the muffler bearing?
Posted By: Shawnb Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 06:27 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:

Some people think the Gtech is worthless. I think it is worthless if a person doesn't do his setup correctly and do the test on level ground, etc. It has its uses if you use the same area all the time and you want to do multiple back to back runs and record things like temp and note the winds. Then when you make a modification then you do everything the same and at that point it becomes usefull.
It is OK for "ballpark" stats though if it were set up right though not for real quoted runs.

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml

Way to go, pal.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 06:36 AM

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Posted By: Shawnb Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 06:46 AM

[url=http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml]
http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

He asked what a [censored] pilot bearing was, I showed him.

Shut the [censored] up.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 07:19 AM

]http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Shut the [censored] up.

No, he didn't ask what a pilot bearing was you inbred sperm chugger. He asked where you got off saying that YOU have a pilot bearing in YOUR Contour!

Mark
Posted By: Shawnb Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 07:30 AM

]http://www.carcarecouncil.org/Manual_Transmission/pilot_bearing.shtml[/url]

Way to go, pal.

All right Gaylord...

Shut the [censored] up.

No, he didn't ask what a pilot bearing was you inbred sperm chugger. He asked where you got off saying that YOU have a pilot bearing in YOUR Contour!

Mark

Sorry, I'm new to the world of fag wheel drive. I bought this damned car as a daily driver, and I know that sounds/feelings that I'm experiencing with it are the same feelings/sounds that I heard my RX-7 making when the pilot bearing/clutch was wearing out.

I understand what the question was about now. I apologize for not knowing that fag wheel drive was so different from real wheel drive.

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 07:56 AM
This is a warning..

to all t hose involved.. the language stops now.

ShawnB, and Mark especially.

Let's tone it down.. please?

Thanks.
Posted By: Shawnb Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 08:01 AM
Well, if maybe you guys were a little more welcoming to a new comer, it wouldn't have gotten so heated...

Happens everytime.

Where's the <3 guys? Huh?

Aren't we all car guys? (Not you non-SVT owners, you just drive contours.)

That was a joke, btw.

P.S. Is fag one of those forbidden yet uncensored words?
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 04:24 PM
It is a sexually suggestive, and derogatory word that is slang for a homosexual.

Homosexual wouldn't be considered wrong, used in the right CONTEXT.. you can't just replace the word f$^ with homosexual and make it "okay".. It all has to do with what you are talking about.

but your word is pretty unwanted in any context.

so.. yes.
Posted By: contourdude Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 05:08 PM
So usually a
V6 auto does 16.6
v6 5 spd around 16
SVT 15.5

???
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 09:54 PM

Way to go, pal.

Hahahahahah.

This is too rich! I was being NICE to you too. I know WHAT a pilot bearing is...I'm just still trying to find one on my car.....6 years later!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 09:59 PM
Originally posted by feeling better Ray:
It is a sexually suggestive, and derogatory word that is slang for a homosexual.

Homosexual wouldn't be considered wrong, used in the right CONTEXT.. you can't just replace the word f$^ with homosexual and make it "okay".. It all has to do with what you are talking about.

but your word is pretty unwanted in any context.

so.. yes.

Unless you're British...When they say they're gonna "smoke-a-F.A.G." they aren't talking about criminal activity.

These posts made me bust a gut, ROFL.
I'm just playin man. Don't ban me!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/27/05 10:55 PM
Unless you are British.. or are using the British dialog to refer to that, again.. its in context.

Tom, you are the LAST person I would forsee getting banned for anything!!. LOL
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 01:51 AM
Originally posted by contourdude:
So usually a
V6 auto does 16.6
v6 5 spd around 16
SVT 15.5

???

That is with some mods on them though...Minor mods=exhaust,intake and maybe some MINOR trans work
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 02:31 AM
mods on what?

the SVT is rated (for whatever that is worth) at 15.2...

by some..

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 03:18 AM
Not for me. I could barely get into the mid 15's until I learned how to drive!

After that it came a lot easier.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 03:20 AM
My e.t.'s suck and i know it.
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 03:30 AM
Originally posted by starjammir:
Originally posted by contourdude:
So usually a
V6 auto does 16.6
v6 5 spd around 16
SVT 15.5

???

That is with some mods on them though...Minor mods=exhaust,intake and maybe some MINOR trans work

My V6 auto ran a 16.4 @85mph bone stock...

With a crappy 60' too! It was a 2.58 60'... Ouch
Posted By: starjammir Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 01:33 PM
Then again u probably were not using the HEAVY wheels like I was
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 02:48 PM
All of these slow times being reported is depressing! this forum should be closed until someone beats the current fastest time of what 13.2?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 03:59 PM
13.4 IIRC.

And no, I disagree. These slow times are an actual real world reflection fo the average car with average driver. Everyone thinks that they can get the same times out of their car as The Magazine guys do. So a 15.3 is possible, it isn't probabl out of most SVTs with the average driver. With a good driver or with a freak car then yeah.

If people stop to think about it then they will really know just how hard it is for people to turn a low 14's run with one of these cars let alone anything in the 13's. That much should garner respect from most people.
Instead they read about how the latest EVO does 13.9's stock (not so different from a 14.0 by the way) and how poor our cars are. Well that is a $35K dollar car with 8 years newer suspension, wheel and tire, engine/turbo tech.
For any of our cars with 10K in mods being 8 years older with a starting price of about $23K, that is a remarkable feat! It puts it into perspective. Most of the cars that beat us were never in our price range anyway. They were all more expensive and in a different category. To think we've got more than a handfull of SVT's and some SE's on here that can hand the ass to the driver of many stock and some modified evo's and wrx's and mustangs and camaros...its impressive.
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/29/05 05:01 PM
13.4 IIRC.

And no, I disagree. These slow times are an actual real world reflection fo the average car with average driver. Everyone thinks that they can get the same times out of their car as The Magazine guys do. So a 15.3 is possible, it isn't probabl out of most SVTs with the average driver. With a good driver or with a freak car then yeah.

If people stop to think about it then they will really know just how hard it is for people to turn a low 14's run with one of these cars let alone anything in the 13's. That much should garner respect from most people.
Instead they read about how the latest EVO does 13.9's stock (not so different from a 14.0 by the way) and how poor our cars are. Well that is a $35K dollar car with 8 years newer suspension, wheel and tire, engine/turbo tech.
For any of our cars with 10K in mods being 8 years older with a starting price of about $23K, that is a remarkable feat! It puts it into perspective. Most of the cars that beat us were never in our price range anyway. They were all more expensive and in a different category. To think we've got more than a handfull of SVT's and some SE's on here that can hand the ass to the driver of many stock and some modified evo's and wrx's and mustangs and camaros...its impressive.

I agree, but don't get me wrong, in no way did i mean to put down the CSVT or anyone that drags it. I'm elated that people take these things to the track! I guess i just have to high of an expectation for the tour What i should of said is; it's depressing that no one has beat the 13.2 proven record in this great platform of ours. I know for a fact there are 6+ SVT/SE's on this board that are capable of at least a high 12 second pass. Hell if the only serious power adder didn't cost more than some people paid for their SVT/SE, I think 12's would have been broken a long time ago BTW, i know it's hard to launch wrong wheel drive cars, i've owned/raced quite a few over the years.
Posted By: PDXSVT Re: 1/4 mile times - 11/30/05 12:43 AM
I'm with war and Quick. And while some want to cry about how slow our cars are compared to RWD V8s, remember to look for those Mustangs and Camaros stuck in a ditch or abandoned in a garage when it's snowing.
© CEG Archives