Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RandyCSVT My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 09:51 PM
I just got back from the dyno and have some stats on my car. The car was never pushed past 7000rpm's because my xcal2 tune from ADC did not get the rev limiter fixed right. I am sure the numbers would be a little higher with the rev limiter issue fixed. My mods are listed below. I want to take my car to a 1/ 4mile track and see what this translates into. Anybody have any guesses what a good driver could get in the 1/4 mile with hp and tq like mine?

1st pull:

179hp@6750 152.5tq@3150 AFR min12.06 max13.06 avg12.41

2nd pull:

182.1hp@6750 150.9tq@5400 AFR min12.01 max13.21 avg12.38

3rd pull:

181.9hp@6900 151.9tq@5700 AFR min12.06 max12.94 avg12.37

Posted By: 96 M edition Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 10:04 PM
hp numbers look pretty good....is your car dyno tuned?
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 10:10 PM
not dyno tuned. I sent a list of my mods to ADC and they burned a program onto my xcal2. They said they didnt need my dyno results because they have done so many countours. The guy who did my dyno said it was just about right and he didnt see any room for significant improvement through tuning.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 10:11 PM
Really nice but the numbers mean more in a graph form if you can post them.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 10:24 PM
I can't post the graph yet, becuase I dont have a scanner. Maybe I can scan them at work tomorrow and post it.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 10:31 PM
Take a pic with a Digi Cam and post that

Basically, you have 182 HP with a CAI, Magnecors, MSDS and Trubendz? Not bad for being untuned.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/28/05 11:04 PM
good idea!

Posted By: Harrry Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:04 AM
Do u have a audio system in ur car?? 3600 lbs is alot?? of extra weight!
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:13 AM
the dyno shop just put whatever number there. I never really questioned him, because I have lots of great things about this guy and his shop. He came highly recommended, so I figured it wouldnt matter
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:16 AM
Whoa, you made those numbers on a Mustang!?!?!? I gotta get me an Xcal!

Oh yeah, I think Im going to ditch my DMD for a UDP as well.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:41 AM
This is not a representation of your typical loaded mustang dyno numbers. I chose to have them converted to dynojet numbers, because that is what most people use. So dont think of this as mustang dyno numbers, because They would be lower.
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:56 AM
Look pretty good. Torque seems a little low but otherwise its fine. Hopefully I will get on the dyno in a few days maybe weeks.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 12:59 AM
does anybody have any ideas what kind of torque a car like mine should be producing? and what could be keeping it low if it is low?
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 01:00 AM
Originally posted by RandyCSVT:
does anybody have any ideas what kind of torque a car like mine should be producing? and what could be keeping it low if it is low?

It's probably within the errors of the dyno. I just said that because my car made the same thing without the headers nd y-pipe. Anywhere from 150 to 160 seems normal for modded SVTs.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 02:45 AM
This is not a representation of your typical loaded mustang dyno numbers. I chose to have them converted to dynojet numbers, because that is what most people use. So dont think of this as mustang dyno numbers, because They would be lower.

Oh OK. I was like "dayum! Thats freakin awesome!" but, you have now let me down

FWIW, I made 156 lb-ft with very similar mods to yours, minus UDP and a tune. So yes, your TQ is a little low. Not sure why though.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 05:06 AM

I hit 185hp and 159tq on Street Flight's (ADC's predecessor) dyno.

You're making great power!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 01:23 PM
You guys know an UDP for the crank on a Duratec is a no no right? It's why you never hear of ppl running them. The purpose of a DMD is to reduce harmonics. An underdrive will introduce more. Who knows maybe you won't have problems with one but I wouldn't chance it for the minimal gains.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/29/05 08:20 PM
It hasnt given me any issues and has been on the car for over a year. I think the debate is split 50/50 and am willing to take my chances. If my engine goes because of the UDP I will just get a 3L and use a DMD.
Posted By: ScottK Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/30/05 02:58 AM
Originally posted by todras:
You guys know an UDP for the crank on a Duratec is a no no right? It's why you never hear of ppl running them. The purpose of a DMD is to reduce harmonics. An underdrive will introduce more. Who knows maybe you won't have problems with one but I wouldn't chance it for the minimal gains.

My car just hit 90,000 miles this week on the highway, that is 70,000 miles of UDP life. There are lots of us still running them with no problems.

I noticed I hit 90k right after I got done running it to 6,800 rpms 3 times to merge into traffic like I do and have done many many times every day for the last 5 years. I thought pretty much everyone was at the point now where they realized an UDP on a duratec will theoretically lower your crank/bearing life, but it looks like it's so far out that none of us will care.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/30/05 03:14 AM
Originally posted by ScottK:
Originally posted by todras:

My car just hit 90,000 miles this week on the highway, that is 70,000 miles of UDP life. There are lots of us still running them with no problems.

I noticed I hit 90k right after I got done running it to 6,800 rpms 3 times to merge into traffic like I do and have done many many times every day for the last 5 years. I thought pretty much everyone was at the point now where they realized an UDP on a duratec will theoretically lower your crank/bearing life, but it looks like it's so far out that none of us will care.

My thinking exactly. I will probably celebrate my 100,000 mile marker with a 3L anyways.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/30/05 06:57 PM
Originally posted by JCSVT:

It's probably within the errors of the dyno. I just said that because my car made the same thing without the headers nd y-pipe. Anywhere from 150 to 160 seems normal for modded SVTs.

I don't think that I can agree with that. at a dyno meet I set up most of the svts were stock and they pulled about 155, the one really modded one for the group pulled around 182 hp and 155 torque, think he had a optimized y-pipe and tb, K&N and a magnaflow res.

now my SE put down about 151 for torque or 156 with standard correction on a dynojet, and I have the SVT airbox,main cat and exhaust with a optimized y-pipe and a drop in K&N
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 09/30/05 07:09 PM

Please explane how they converted them to Dynojet numbers There is no direct comparision or conversion as all dynos will produce different numbers from one to another. Mustang and Dynojet dynos are two totally different types of dynos. The only way to convert them would be to have both dynos side by side and dyno the same car on each back to back on the same day. Not likeley to ever really happen since shops don't typically have both because of the cost and also shops use one or the other and tend to discredit the results of the other type dyno.

Not bashing or anything but when people talk about converting numbers from one dyno to the other as I and many others have found out is not worth poop

Your numbers look great for a "Mustang Dyno"...your mods are a little less then mine but you have a chip where I don't. Obviously I need a chip also suggested by the tuner doing my dyno...said I needed at least another 500 or more RPM to get the results fom my mods. My pulls were limited by the stock rev limitter so they did not produce maximum HP.

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/01/05 01:13 AM
They can determine the "average difference" in percent over multiple dyno runs from both mustang and dynojet and come up with a generic number like 5% difference. Then you just multiply or divide by the percentage.
It isn't meant to be exact but only to standardize for comparison purposes.
If we didn't allow standardization of temperature and pressure then NO dyno graph would be worth the paper it was printed on.
I'd take it for what it is worth.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/01/05 05:13 PM
I'm still not convinced that the shop would have a direct comparison to do the conversion or why they would even want to. As I said most shops believe in the dyno they have and don't care about the others. Plus I don't even know if they can alter the numbers of the printout to raise or lower the results Doing this would be pointless and a complete waste of time and money IMO. I'll check with the local Mustang dyno shop and see if this is even possible and if so is it something they ever do.

So if it's say 5% then my numbers are just about the same with my mods and no chip. So with a 5% adjustment I would be ~180.23hp/152.56lb on a Dynojet from my 172hp/145lb Mustang dyno results. I'll have to get a Dynojet pull in November when the temp is around the same as when I did my Mustang pulls last fall to see if this is even remotly close

This is so silly
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/01/05 06:46 PM
I went to Coastal Dyno in Tampa. Everybody says great things about this shop, and I trust that he really knows what he is doing. He said his mustang dyno could give you the usual mustang numbers(lower than dyno jet) or he could adjust it to dynojet numbers. He mentioned something about mustang dyno's giving loaded numbers that were more accurate but lower. He recommended I go with the adjusted numbers, because that is what most dyno's give and would make for a better comparison.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/02/05 01:27 AM
It is really only a quest for standardization. Like saying I can lift 100 and you can lift 100 on the bench, but I'm talking kilograms and you're talking pounds, but after you'd done 50 pushups.
The tests will never be the same so for true comparison you have to adjust them. If you don't trust the adjustment then you will have to dyno on both machines. Don't worry, they already correct for temperature.
It really isn't that big of a deal. Just quote the actual numbers you were given without corrections.
Posted By: RandyCSVT Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/02/05 05:14 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
It is really only a quest for standardization. Like saying I can lift 100 and you can lift 100 on the bench, but I'm talking kilograms and you're talking pounds, but after you'd done 50 pushups.
The tests will never be the same so for true comparison you have to adjust them. If you don't trust the adjustment then you will have to dyno on both machines. Don't worry, they already correct for temperature.
It really isn't that big of a deal. Just quote the actual numbers you were given without corrections.

Just to make sure everyone is clear. I didnt do any converting, these are the numbers that were given to me. 182hp and 152tq.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/02/05 01:38 PM
Those are great numbers and they are not in debate. Evidently the wisdom of trying to directly compare the dynojet to the mustang IS though.

Well, when dynoject is everywhere and most of the standards are done on dynojet then this is what you get.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/03/05 06:32 PM
I went to Coastal Dyno in Tampa. Everybody says great things about this shop, and I trust that he really knows what he is doing. He said his mustang dyno could give you the usual mustang numbers(lower than dyno jet) or he could adjust it to dynojet numbers. He mentioned something about mustang dyno's giving loaded numbers that were more accurate but lower. He recommended I go with the adjusted numbers, because that is what most dyno's give and would make for a better comparison.

Randy, can you ask them what the % of correction they use? Just curious since in the example warmonger said 5% and my Mustang Dyno numbers convert over almost exactly to your numbers Not much difference in our mods except your Chip and my Max-Flow Extrude Hone UIM for the most part. While just a speculation/guess on warmonger's part 5% seems to be pretty darn close

Those are great numbers and they are not in debate. Evidently the wisdom of trying to directly compare the dynojet to the mustang IS though.

Well, when dynoject is everywhere and most of the standards are done on dynojet then this is what you get.

I agree...Dynojet's are everywhere mainly do to cost and portability for the most part. Plus show's need to produce big numbers to draw the crowd into dynoing their cars. Still funny how the majority brags the Dynojet numbers and rags on the Mustang numbers and now Dynojet is getting on the Mustang load dynos bandwagon with their new latest and greatest model 224xLC http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/224xLC_dyno/index.php Eddy Current Load Absorption Unit, Torque Cell, and dynamic load control software. Perform loaded tests, including step, sweep, and wind drag simulation...go figure. Hummm...pretty much the same thing Mustang Dyno's have always done. Kind of makes you wonder why Dynojet would go to a system that will produce lower numbers then their current system... unless they now know something that Mustang has known all along

All good and interesting stuff
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/03/05 06:52 PM
I think the whole Dynojet V Mustang Dyno thing is quite old. Who cares? I like Greg's philosphy. Dyno numbers are just for guys who like to measure each other's penis. The track is where it counts.

You know what a 1000hp Supra and a 600hp Supra have in common?

Originally posted by scottd60:

Randy, can you ask them what the % of correction they use? Just curious since in the example warmonger said 5% and my Mustang Dyno numbers convert over almost exactly to your numbers Not much difference in our mods except your Chip and my Max-Flow Extrude Hone UIM for the most part. While just a speculation/guess on warmonger's part 5% seems to be pretty darn close

I agree...Dynojet's are everywhere mainly do to cost and portability for the most part. Plus show's need to produce big numbers to draw the crowd into dynoing their cars. Still funny how the majority brags the Dynojet numbers and rags on the Mustang numbers and now Dynojet is getting on the Mustang load dynos bandwagon with their new latest and greatest model 224xLC http://www.dynojet.com/automotive_dyno/224xLC_dyno/index.php Eddy Current Load Absorption Unit, Torque Cell, and dynamic load control software. Perform loaded tests, including step, sweep, and wind drag simulation...go figure. Hummm...pretty much the same thing Mustang Dyno's have always done. Kind of makes you wonder why Dynojet would go to a system that will produce lower numbers then their current system... unless they now know something that Mustang has known all along

All good and interesting stuff

Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/03/05 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I think the whole Dynojet V Mustang Dyno thing is quite old. Who cares? I like Greg's philosphy. Dyno numbers are just for guys who like to measure each other's penis. The track is where it counts.

Agreed...the track is the real truth when all is said and done.

You woman didn't seem to think the track is where it counts

and...no what, bogus dyno numbers the same 1/4 mile time
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/03/05 07:30 PM
Originally posted by scottd60:

Agreed...the track is the real truth when all is said and done.

You woman didn't seem to think the track is where it counts

and...no what, bogus dyno numbers the same 1/4 mile time

Don't make my FI vehicle beat up your FI vehicle Scotty :-P
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: My SVT's dyno results. - 10/03/05 07:50 PM

Don't make my FI vehicle beat up your FI vehicle Scotty :-P

Give me a little time to get a few simple mods done and we will see
© CEG Archives