Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/23/05 11:53 PM
Well I got my car dyno tuned this week and I am quite happy with the results. There may still be a little left up to but they SCT tuner has been having a b*tch of a time getting rid of the stock redline just as ADC did. Once I have that resolved I will go back to the dyno I usually use so I can overlay some of my last graphs with the 2.5L.

Here you go....my favourite part is the torque curve

I won't claim that these are the most correct numbers as they got corrected to look like dyno jet numbers, but it did put down about 220 give or take on the MD before being corrected. I'll post more graphs when I have them.

For comparison this was my previous best.

Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:02 AM
So it has a little more pep than before?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:05 AM
I would say more ooomph rather than pep. I think my tires are starting to hate me now.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:08 AM
Can I get a mods list?! I wanna do that!
Posted By: tropictour Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:09 AM
Wow those are awesome numbers. Congrats.
-tropictour
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:15 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can I get a mods list?! I wanna do that!

It's all in my profile, but hasn't been approved in about a month. Here's the list.

Engine:
Fully balanced 2004 Escape Shortblock * Ross Racing Pistons @ 11.5:1 Compression * PnP Oval Port heads matched to split port manifolds * Clevite main and rod bearings * 24# Accel Injectors * MSDS headers/y-pipe (Coated by Fireball Coatings in Shelbourne, Ontario) * CTA Motorsports 2.5 inch Catback exhaust with Dynomax Ultraflow SS Muffler * Performance Designs Underdrive PS and ALT Pullies * Performance Fords Optimized LIM * Performance Fords UIM Alignment Bushings * Optimized 65mm Throttle Body * CTA Motorsports Intake Pipe * Pro-M Bullet 75mm MAF * K&N RU-1785 Filter * 3inch Dryer Hose Running From Front Bumper To Air Filter * Magnacore Competition 8.5mm Wires * Motocraft AGSF22FM plugs * SCT XCal Tuning by Steeda.ca

Drivetrain:
Torsen LSD * Spec Aluminum Flywheel * Spec Stage III Clutch * Front & Rear Motor Mount Filled with 94 Shore A Urathane from McMaster-Carr

I'm sure if I pull the secondaries, replace my compression bent 2.5inch exhaust and build a cold air box I'll hit close to the 245 mark.
Posted By: Swazo Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:22 AM
Wow, awsome job!! When are you going to run your nitrous?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:28 AM
You've got one helluva tune or the dyno wasn't calibrated right. HOpefully we'll see some timeslips soon too :-)
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:32 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
You've got one helluva tune or the dyno wasn't calibrated right. HOpefully we'll see some timeslips soon too :-)

Let's not start this argument. I will run at my usual dyno in a few weeks for consistency. From the butt dyno, I'm sure it's farily accurate. As for the strip, I built the car for road racing as it should be run that way. I may get some slips by don't hold your breath.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:35 AM
Its not an 'arguement,' just making an observation, because, for the future, I'm trying to find a damn good tuner. I have a 'similar' setup and would like to see those kinds of numbers as DYNO2K said I should have. Its just that too the 'naysayers' dyno sheets AND time slips = proof postive. Like I said, I WANT you to have those numbers...
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:48 AM
Sounds fair. I'll say one thing, there is a night and day difference between when I dropped it off and when I picked it up. The guys at Steeda were even impressed at how it hauld and they are used to Cobras etc. Also, the I ran into the owner of Magnus Motorsports ( http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/ ) at the shop who were the guys that sourced my pistons, and even he was impressed with the results. I have every intention of backing up the numbers but going the strip isn't my priority but with that being said last time someone posted slips from that track everyone jumped on him and said the timing equip must be out so who's to say they won't claim that again.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 01:21 AM
Those are awesome numbers man! I wish i had the money to do that right now. As for racing... good luck, kick some butt and get the 'tour some respect. LOL!
Posted By: kinger_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 02:10 AM
Looks awesome chief!

FYI this was the first set of oval ports we sold and it looks to be great, can't wait for the different dyno and more redline, shoudl be sweet man!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 02:15 AM
im jealous!!!! me want oval port!
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 02:53 AM
Absolutely outstanding numbers!
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 03:11 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Absolutely outstanding numbers!

I would like to see yours if you ever dyno your 3L. I'm debating on having my UIM Max Extrude honed over the winter but I think I will satisfy my need for better brakes first.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 03:20 AM
Let me ask this. Most people running strait 3.0 with oval and port matched heads,svt cams, and dyno tuned run 200'ish whp? correct? The main and only big difference with you is 11.5 compression(from the pistons). So are you getting a 20'ish hp boost, from a compression bump from 10/1(which is stock 3.0 correct)? to 11.5/1

Only other question is. With the tune that made those #'s what octane gas were you running? 91? or higher?
And congrats, im sure 200 pft at 2400rpm makes for a fun ride
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 06:40 AM
He is getting the hp from the PnP heads, 11.5 comp, and great tuning. That is a KEY factor.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 12:11 PM
That is awesome!
Actually I'd say that you're getting some kind of restriction in intake or exhaust flow at higher rpm, or maybe a drop in timing at higher rpm. Maybe they did that for protection with the 11.5:1.
Very impressive torque curve and power numbes. Would love to see the dynojet so for standardization.
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 01:39 PM
WTG Evan. Can't wait to see it running in person.
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 02:48 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
That is awesome!
Actually I'd say that you're getting some kind of restriction in intake or exhaust flow at higher rpm, or maybe a drop in timing at higher rpm. Maybe they did that for protection with the 11.5:1.
Very impressive torque curve and power numbes. Would love to see the dynojet so for standardization.

The only restrictions I can see are either UIM/LIM Butterflies or my 2.5" compression bent exhaust. They did have to pull back a little timing at the top end from where they wanted it b/c of a little detonation and actually when they did it started to pick up a few HP. I'm going to install my PCV air-oil separator today (finally) since even though the 3L has better drainbacks I know any amount of oil injested can drop the octane down a few points and bumping the redline up to say 7500 won't help that. I think what is helping me now is the fact that I have 94 octane gas readily available which helps me take advantage of the compression
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/24/05 02:52 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
Let me ask this. Most people running strait 3.0 with oval and port matched heads,svt cams, and dyno tuned run 200'ish whp? correct? The main and only big difference with you is 11.5 compression(from the pistons). So are you getting a 20'ish hp boost, from a compression bump from 10/1(which is stock 3.0 correct)? to 11.5/1

Only other question is. With the tune that made those #'s what octane gas were you running? 91? or higher?
And congrats, im sure 200 pft at 2400rpm makes for a fun ride

I think most people that have the straight oval port swap with SVT cams have some bolt-ons but not many. I've got next to nothing left that I can mod on my car but really what I think it comes down to (and DemonSVT will agree) is the tuning. This week they spent about 5hrs just on WOT tuning and back when I first hat it up and running they spent the better part of a day just working on drivablity. The most impressive part is the tip-in throttle response - there is a night and day difference betwwn min and another 3L running in my area
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/25/05 12:12 AM
Great numbers, Evan. I think all your time, effort, and patience has paid off. Hope you're enjoying the extra oomph.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 01:43 PM
damn, what would those be in american numbers? lol j/k

Very nice!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 02:56 PM
D-d-d-d-d-daaaaaaaamn!!!

Mark
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 03:12 PM
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 08:10 PM
5 hours on they dyno, thats a lotta moolah. Of course not anymore than replacing a blown motor...
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
5 hours on they dyno, thats a lotta moolah. Of course not anymore than replacing a blown motor...

Not really, it's all relative. Why put $$ into something that you half finish b/c ou were too cheap to cough up an extra couple hundred $$ and not get all you can out if it?
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 09:12 PM
They charge by the hour on top of the price of the chip?
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/26/05 09:20 PM
No, it was the unit included with the base tune and the extra came from the fine tuning on the dyno. Not to critique anyone, even though they charged like that it worked out to be only slighlty more expensive that it was when dealing with ADC and sending the chip back and forth. Overall I would say they spend probably 10hrs tuning an getting evertyhing perfect from the surging with the A/C, hard start issue, Pro-M MAF quirks, perfecting the timing maps etc.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/28/05 01:00 AM
Evan great numbers, it looks like I got some competiton and I will be contacting your dyno shop to tune my car when it's ready. Oh can you send me a PM telling me where you got your main bearings?

Aaron
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/28/05 02:25 AM
Originally posted by NVS SVT:
Evan great numbers, it looks like I got some competiton and I will be contacting your dyno shop to tune my car when it's ready. Oh can you send me a PM telling me where you got your main bearings?

Aaron

Competition? What are you planning? As for the bearings, I went through a mutual freind who works at the shop where I had the whole assembly balanced. I could tell you my price, but then I would have to kill you (think cheaper than Draxas' prices but in CAD as well). I know they are available through NAPA so try there.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: First Dyno Run (3L) - 09/28/05 09:54 PM
Originally posted by timeless420:
Originally posted by NVS SVT:

Aaron

Competition? What are you planning? As for the bearings, I went through a mutual freind who works at the shop where I had the whole assembly balanced. I could tell you my price, but then I would have to kill you (think cheaper than Draxas' prices but in CAD as well). I know they are available through NAPA so try there.

That's right competition and I could use your help with the install and build up, I'm keeping my mods hush hush right now but shoot me a PM so we can talk so I can get some expert advise from you. I have a million and one questions so if we can meet up sometime that would be cool as well.

Aaron
© CEG Archives