Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 ebay find for you dragers - 08/15/05 05:12 AM
good find for anyone who wants to break some driveline parts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Toyo-225-50-16-Road-Course-Slicks_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66474QQitemZ7993352290QQrdZ1
Posted By: DopePope Re: ebay find for you dragers - 08/15/05 06:21 AM
last time my friends and I went to infineon raceway (sears point) one of the guys that we talk to up there that owns a shop just gives us (yes free) his old tires (they throw them away anywayS)... all in about that condition. if anyone REALLY wanted any I could go check.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: ebay find for you dragers - 08/15/05 12:51 PM
Sorry guys, but those are road course slicks- i.e. hard compound. I tried using my set at the strip last year. I would have gotten better traction with my street tires! Road course tires are made to heat up slowly, have very stiff sidewalls, and take a lot of long repetitive abuse, basically all the things that you don't want in a drag tire.

Rick
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: ebay find for you dragers - 08/15/05 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Sorry guys, but those are road course slicks- i.e. hard compound. I tried using my set at the strip last year. I would have gotten better traction with my street tires! Road course tires are made to heat up slowly, have very stiff sidewalls, and take a lot of long repetitive abuse, basically all the things that you don't want in a drag tire.

Rick

good point, it would have to a pretty bad azz burnout to heat them up
© CEG Archives