Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 03:16 PM
i was down at woodward last night around 1:00 and my friend is letting me take his 97 Cobrahh for a cruise, so we pull up next to the new gto a prowler is next to him and a trans am is next to him so were take up 4 lanes, this guys starts talking mad crap his gto was completly stock , he tries to tell him that it just beat the new Zo6 , so we all set up the light goes green i take off and i smoke him all through 1st and second , when shifting into third i miss (those mustang 3rd gears suck) but even when i missed and finally got it in i was still ahead maybe half a car length. he pulled up at the next light and claimed i had nitrous.lol wow. o yea and the prowler and ta had nothing on us, but i wanted to know if anyone the quater mile on the new gto??/
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 03:19 PM
I've seen one run a 14.3

Watch out on Woodward man...the cops are starting to issue tickets for racing. With the Dreamcruise next weekend, they can't have anything going on to tarnish its image.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 03:31 PM
gto's = teh slow.
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 04:32 PM
yea i know 2 of my friend were issued tickets this week one got a 9 point drag racing ticket and the other got off with a bsl , no pints just a 120 $ fine, i just couldnt pass it up with this guy talking all this trash . but i am watching my back
Posted By: Pope Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Forum Rules:
Street racing posts are not permitted. Street racing is illegal and stupid and contour.org does not condone it. All street racing topics posted will be deleted and the author warned. Repeated abuses will be met harshly.

what's up with a mod posting instead of locking the thread...
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 04:55 PM
hmmm...

the great karnak says....

"a locked thread"

question?

"what am i reading?"

Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Psych_Guru:
Street racing posts are not permitted. Street racing is illegal and stupid and contour.org does not condone it. All street racing topics posted will be deleted and the author warned. Repeated abuses will be met harshly.

Lets see the moderator of this forum is mbb41 and im a moderator of the Spring Zing branch. Hmm, I never made the connection.
Posted By: Pope Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 05:02 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Lets see the moderator of this forum is mbb41 and im a moderator of the Spring Zing branch. Hmm, I never made the connection.

the connection is that you are still a mod... even if you can't lock it, you shouldn't be supporting this type of post....
Posted By: DopePope Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 05:07 PM

the connection is that you are still a mod... even if you can't lock it, you shouldn't be supporting this type of post....

he isnt a mod, just an imposter
Posted By: Harrry Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 05:07 PM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
but i wanted to know if anyone the quater mile on the new gto??/

I saw a speacial on car and driver and saw them run 13.8. But thats a professional driving. By the way 3rd gear on mustangs don't suck. Its called the driver!!

A posting about street racing!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 05:11 PM

I've already posted something about it in the moderator forum, what else do you want me to do?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 06:33 PM

I've already posted something about it in the moderator forum, what else do you want me to do?

STOP supporting the post! GRrrrr
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 06:41 PM
Originally posted by svt4stv:

STOP supporting the post! GRrrrr

??????why??? he didnt say how fast they were going...they could've been racing to 45 or 55 or whatever the speed limit is
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 07:13 PM
He said he went through thrid, which is more than legal speeds.

REGARDLESS: HE STATED HE WAS RACING... PERIOD... to 15mph is STILL STREET RACING. IT is still a display of power, or a contest of speed. Quit now, while you are ahead.

Ray
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
He said he went through thrid, which is more than legal speeds.

REGARDLESS: HE STATED HE WAS RACING... PERIOD... to 15mph is STILL STREET RACING. IT is still a display of power, or a contest of speed. Quit now, while you are ahead.

Ray

....so,are we racing(since you stated i'm ahead^^^)..if so is e-racing illegal?
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 07:35 PM
This thread has turned gay

the 97 cobra realy should get it's ass whooped by the gto
Posted By: Harrry Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 07:39 PM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

I also highly agree, i believe this street race is B.S!! And after he missed 3rd he still won. lol
Posted By: DopePope Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 07:39 PM

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 08:33 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
...is e-racing illegal?

HEHE.. Only is the rules of the E-forum say it is. (Luckily we haven't adopted that policy, yet..)

You'd win, anyway.. I'm sllooooooooowwwww

Ray
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 08:37 PM

that's not necessarily true at all.....a stock 97 should easily pull low 14's/high 13's.....now add gears and a couple other simple mods and it should be a solid mid 13 second car....which the gto rarely run better than....and there is also a very good possibility the gto driver sucked as well...
Posted By: csvt99 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 09:24 PM
The first GTOs (04 or whenver) had something like 350hp and ran low 14's which is pathetic for that much power. The new ones (05?) have around 400hp and run low 13's. I know a guy with a 96 cobra that ran 13.6 all stock with factory tires. Its pretty much a drivers race. If it was an early GTO, the cobra definately had the advantage
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/13/05 11:16 PM
ok this race was not bs so shut up , i have plenty of other witnesses down at woodward who who also say i beat them all. and yea i did miss third but i was a good amount ahead it didnt matter and i still got it into third pretty quick just not as i wanted , and yea i didnt know you couldnt post about drag racing until i posted and then saw the sticky, im sorry it wont happen again, my fault for being a failure.it was the new gto but the cobra isnt stock either, i mean for exhaust and intake
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 01:53 AM
im not tryin to start anything, but i agree with CSVT99 and im gonna say it would of had to be the 04 GTO cause the 97 cobra with intake and exhaust would get walked by the 05...unless he really really couldnt drive...but just my .02
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 02:14 AM
Originally posted by owen_SVT:
im not tryin to start anything, but i agree with CSVT99 and im gonna say it would of had to be the 04 GTO cause the 97 cobra with intake and exhaust would get walked by the 05...unless he really really couldnt drive...but just my .02

have you even driven either car???????well if you haven't then your .02 is pretty much meaningless...BOTH cars are very capable and would likely run low 13's at the track,so it would probably be a drivers race....

fwiw my cousin has a 96 cobra(which is basically the same as a 97)and with just gears and exhaust runs deep into the 13's very consistently.....i think his best is a 13.2 if iirc,which is very capable of hanging with or even beating an '05 goat...
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 02:26 AM
FYI, yes...i have driven both cars
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 04:04 AM
yea the 97 stock will run a 13.49 no problem not saying intake and exhaust do alot but it helps
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 04:13 AM
Originally posted by owen_SVT:
FYI, yes...i have driven both cars

well damn man i guess your .02 does count then!

even if its wrong...

Posted By: Harrry Re: Svt Cobrahhhh vs. New Gto - 08/14/05 04:31 AM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
yea the 97 stock will run a 13.49 no problem not saying intake and exhaust do alot but it helps

U have no idea what your talking about 13.49?? No way lol is that in 40 degree weather. Also with headers and catback exhaust. And with slicks??
© CEG Archives