Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SEwannabeSVT All motor - 08/12/05 01:13 AM
who has the fastest all motor contour/mystique? and who has the most bhp all motor contour mystique? any year/trim obviously
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: All motor - 08/12/05 01:26 AM
this has been asked a bunch so searching would yield a bunch of threads on this topic...but for all motor, Demon has it with a 13.4 1/4
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: All motor - 08/12/05 01:40 AM
Suniel had (he sold it, I think) a 400 fwhp 2.5L turbo that ADC did a great job on. Warmonger, Buckshot, and a couple others have 3.0L turbo cars with big power. SVT Prodigy will probably have the record power numbers when he's done.
Posted By: alexey Re: All motor - 08/12/05 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Suniel had (he sold it, I think) a 400 fwhp 2.5L turbo that ADC did a great job on. Warmonger, Buckshot, and a couple others have 3.0L turbo cars with big power. SVT Prodigy will probably have the record power numbers when he's done.

n/a
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:11 AM
Whoops - I thought he asked about both. So yeah, just Demon then.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:31 AM
FWIW

Demon has no dyno #s.
He has track time: 13.4 (1/4)

I have no track times.
I have dyno #s: Mustang dyno: 202.4hp, 177tq
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: All motor - 08/12/05 03:05 AM
I know dale kortes did like 218 or 208 at the wheels with his NA 3L. He is anti computers tho...so the odds of me getting his dyno is slim. He just ordered an Xcalibrator and a wideband...so I expect even better #'s. I'd like to get into that region with mine.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 04:05 AM
mark(y2k)just put down over 200.... 206 or so on all motor...
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 12:33 PM
I had a cougar I did with a 3L hybrid dyno at 213.

Rick
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All motor - 08/12/05 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Rick

You warm my heart. I only put down 189 with my hybrid, but stock exhuast (well, BAT y-pipe is all) Whats the mod list on that sucker?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 01:24 PM
I'm sure with exhaust and a good tune you would be closer. I'm sure the Cougar had headers or gutted cats too.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:28 PM
Originally posted by KindaMapOfTazi:
I know dale kortes did like 218 or 208 at the wheels with his NA 3L.

Originally posted by chrisilversvt:

Are we talking Mustang dynos or DynoJet?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:39 PM
Dales was at Dyno Daves...(I think) so whatever he has...Jim will know.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:44 PM
My customer's was on a dynojet. The car was 3L hybrid with PnP heads, headers, custom exhaust, chip, SVT intakes, cams and TB.

Rick
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:44 PM
My customer's was on a dynojet. The car was 3L hybrid with PnP heads, headers, custom exhaust, chip, SVT intakes, cams and TB.

Rick

Sounds like what I am doing, but with Oval Ports.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:45 PM

I'm really curious to see what I run on a DynoJet w/ my leaky exhaust, untuned, and mangled shift cables.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/12/05 02:55 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:

Are we talking Mustang dynos or DynoJet?

I put down 206/195 on a dynojet. My SVT heads are bone stock. No PnP, no 3L valves, nothing. I'm going to shoot for 210+ in the spring with some cooler weather and leaning the motor out from 12:1 to 13:1 and adding some timing. I do have MSDS headers & Y-pipe, Bassani exhaust, 65mm T/B, CTA intake pipe, and a K&N filter. All on an 89F degree day!

Mark
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 04:32 PM
Dales was at Dyno Daves...(I think) so whatever he has...Jim will know.

dynojet
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 05:39 PM
Originally posted by SenorDuckie:
who has the fastest all motor contour/mystique? and who has the most bhp all motor contour mystique? any year/trim obviously

My car, well, my OLD car, which is now gone, had the most power to date. . . .it was never dragged, but I would surmise it would've had the highest trap speed as well

Suneil
Posted By: DopePope Re: All motor - 08/12/05 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:

My car, well, my OLD car, which is now gone, had the most power to date. . . .it was never dragged, but I would surmise it would've had the highest trap speed as well

Suneil

however your beast wasnt N/A
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/12/05 10:31 PM
213 HP with exhaust for me, 217 w/catback dropped on mine back when it was N/A.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: All motor(mumm brothers) - 08/13/05 04:03 PM
what about the mum bros??? didnt they have a pretty high hp 2.5 engine in the cougar? although it prob was a very streetable setup..it was still N/A
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: All motor - 08/13/05 10:25 PM
I know dale kortes did like 218 or 208 at the wheels with his NA 3L. He is anti computers tho...so the odds of me getting his dyno is slim. He just ordered an Xcalibrator and a wideband...so I expect even better #'s. I'd like to get into that region with mine.

OK Smart (_Y_).....Yeah, I put down 208/180 in my 95 NA 3L hybrid. And yeah, I'm hoping to do a bit better on both, especially with the torque since I've got the tap shavings cleaned out of my knock sensor hole . We'll see what happens!

Pete, I don't have a color scanner available to me anymore, or a way to host it. If you get those figured out, you're more than welcome to my plots.
Posted By: GrandMasterKhan Re: All motor - 08/13/05 10:59 PM
I know i dont have the most Hp from a 2.5 but I did run a 14.7 up at Cougarfest. Not bad for a nonsvt 2.5?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/14/05 12:56 AM
Nope, that's a darn good time for a 2.5L! It would have beat my 3L or been damned close.
Of course we'd have to run at the same strip for it to be a fair assessment since drag numbers are based on real world conditions instead of dyno's that are corrected.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: All motor(mumm brothers) - 08/14/05 02:05 PM
Originally posted by tour96se:
what about the mum bros??? didnt they have a pretty high hp 2.5 engine in the cougar? although it prob was a very streetable setup..it was still N/A

They made 285 at the motor and sounded awesome

13:1 compression, custom adjustable billet cams,race fuel, etc... You can buy a used one for $5k. Which is a steal compared to what they cost to build.
Posted By: Cougar Bob Re: All motor - 08/14/05 03:48 PM
What about David Z's old motor?
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/14/05 04:06 PM
My Cougar put down 220hp and 200tq with ported oval port heads matched to svt intakes. New track times coming up in two weeks.

Before I switched to the oval port heads I had a hybrid and it ran 14.3 sec in the 1/4 mile. I dynoed it at 193hp @ 175tq with an overheating problem.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/15/05 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Cougar Bob:
What about David Z's old motor?

~240FWHP
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All motor - 08/15/05 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
I dynoed it at 193hp @ 175tq with an overheating problem.

I'm curious why some here have such low torque numbers. I put down 189hp/186tq at the wheels with stock pre-cats/stock SVT exhaust/bat-y/2.5L stock SVT heads and cams/SVT LIM+UIM+TB+K&N. If I open my exhuast up with headers or optimal cat-bak (or both) am I going to see a drop in torque and increase in HP?
Posted By: Blackcoog_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/15/05 02:52 PM
Quite possible. Do you have an ADC chip in your car. If you get a tune you should get more torque than hp. I still don't have a chip but I will eventually. Right now it is just tuned with my Apexi S-AFC.

The car I built for NateS ended up with 200tq and in the 190's for hp. I had a chip made for that car. It was a full oval port ported to svt intakes. All stock svt parts otherwise not even gutted cats or an intake.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/15/05 05:12 PM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
I'm curious why some here have such low torque numbers. I put down 189hp/186tq at the wheels with stock pre-cats/stock SVT exhaust/bat-y/2.5L stock SVT heads and cams/SVT LIM+UIM+TB+K&N. If I open my exhuast up with headers or optimal cat-bak (or both) am I going to see a drop in torque and increase in HP?

Are you claiming before IMRC Torque numbers? (below 4000 rpm)
Many people do not claim that because it's a false indication of the true powerband.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All motor - 08/15/05 08:26 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Are you claiming before IMRC Torque numbers? (below 4000 rpm)
Many people do not claim that because it's a false indication of the true powerband.

This is what I'm claiming:

I love the torque and would hate to loose it by opening up the exhaust. I wish I understood the relationship between torque and HP better
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All motor - 08/15/05 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Quite possible. Do you have an ADC chip in your car. If you get a tune you should get more torque than hp. I still don't have a chip but I will eventually. Right now it is just tuned with my Apexi S-AFC.

The car I built for NateS ended up with 200tq and in the 190's for hp. I had a chip made for that car. It was a full oval port ported to svt intakes. All stock svt parts otherwise not even gutted cats or an intake.

Yup, I have a ADC chip. That makes sense then. It seems oval port head installs have that extra 10-15 ft-lbs of torque than the SVT head installs. The HP is right on. My setup is basicly just that; a stock SVT except BAT y-pipe and 3L shortblock (minus fidanza and quaife in the driveline but I didn't think that counted here hehe).
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/15/05 08:47 PM

Yup, I have a ADC chip. That makes sense then. It seems oval port head installs have that extra 10-15 ft-lbs of torque than the SVT head installs. The HP is right on. My setup is basicly just that; a stock SVT except BAT y-pipe and 3L shortblock (minus fidanza and quaife in the driveline but I didn't think that counted here hehe).

Marks 3.0L split port hybrid made 195 wtq.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/15/05 08:50 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

True dat!

Mark
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/15/05 09:02 PM
That's it, I know it's not realistic to compare dyno #s, but I need to get my 3L on a DynoJet.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/15/05 09:22 PM
That's it, I know it's not realistic to compare dyno #s, but I need to get my 3L on a DynoJet.

Was my post the straw that broke the camel's back? If so, then GOOD! Cause I've been wanting to see what kind of power your car makes on a Dynojet!

IIRC, you've got the SHM headers correct? What kind of headwork?

Mark
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/15/05 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Was my post the straw that broke the camel's back? If so, then GOOD! Cause I've been wanting to see what kind of power your car makes on a Dynojet!

It's the fact that 9+/10 dyno on DynoJets. I would loosely like to see where I stand.

3.0 hybrid by DanG
Ported & polished heads by kinger
SHM long tube headers, Jet Hot coated
Extrude Honed Power Flow UIM, Jet Hot coated
CTA intake pipe, Jet Hot coated
65mm throttle body, optimized
AFE 8" filter
Bassani cat-back exhaust
Edelbrock muffler (resonator)
Torsen LSD
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC flywheel

If I have money after paying for the wedding, hopefully a chip/tune.

As a comparison on a Mustang dyno:
scottd60 w/ intake Bassani
159.0hp, 127.6tq

Myself: 202.4hp, 177tq

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/15/05 09:47 PM
3.0 hybrid by DanG
AFE 8" filter
Bassani cat-back exhaust
Torsen LSD
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC flywheel

202.4hp, 177tq

That is very bizarre to me to see such low torque #'s, especially with the long tubes! You've actually got a very similar setup to mine, as I'm running a hybrid with 65mm T/B, CTA pipe, 8" filter, Bassani catback w/ Magnaflow res. Only real difference is that you've got PnP heads, what appears to be a Max E/H UIM??, and long tubes as opposed to my shorties. I think you'll see a LOT of power once you get it tuned, and everything is dialed in. What injectors are you running right now? Stock MAF?

Mark
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/15/05 10:16 PM
3.0 hybrid by DanG
AFE 8" filter
Bassani cat-back exhaust
Torsen LSD
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC flywheel

202.4hp, 177tq

That is very bizarre to me to see such low torque #'s, especially with the long tubes! You've actually got a very similar setup to mine, as I'm running a hybrid with 65mm T/B, CTA pipe, 8" filter, Bassani catback w/ Magnaflow res. Only real difference is that you've got PnP heads, what appears to be a Max E/H UIM??, and long tubes as opposed to my shorties. I think you'll see a LOT of power once you get it tuned, and everything is dialed in. What injectors are you running right now? Stock MAF?

Given my mods, I am disappointed in the torque.

19#s and stock MAF.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/16/05 12:23 PM
As oppose to a oval port hybrid?

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/16/05 12:31 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
As oppose to a oval port hybrid?

Someone needs to ban you again.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/16/05 12:40 PM
shut your face mr. 50 mile 3.0 guy :-P
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/16/05 12:49 PM
Oh snap!!!!!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/16/05 01:39 PM
shut your face mr. 50 mile 3.0 guy :-P

Don't be bothered by that statement Todd, Ryan's only driven his 3.0L for what, 30 miles?

You could call Ryan, Mr. 3 clutches in 10 miles guy.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: All motor - 08/16/05 01:40 PM
That's Mr. 4 Slave Cylinders and 2 clutches guy to you!

Posted By: GTO Pete Re: All motor - 08/16/05 02:06 PM
Corrected:
That's Mr. 4 Slave Cylinders, 2 clutches, 2 break-ins, redneck guy to you!

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: All motor - 08/16/05 02:08 PM
Corrected:
That's Mr. 4 Slave Cylinders, 2 clutches, 2 break-ins, redneck guy to you!

Bah-dum-bummm!!

Mark
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All motor - 08/16/05 05:04 PM
ahem

so headers with a better flowing cat-back should increase HP without dropping torque shouldn't it?
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: All motor - 09/19/05 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Sorry for the late posting. Here's my final tune before the 3L came out of the 95. I'll be adding headers to it and tuning with an XCal2 and wideband. We'll see what happens. This is with no secondaries. Doesn't look like I'm losing too much down low. And I hope to be pulling a bit more torque since I finally cleaned some of the tap shavings out of the knock sensor hole . Hopefully I can get a bit more timing in there too but I'll have to keep an eye on the knock sensor and see what happens.

Dale

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: All motor - 09/20/05 12:21 AM
Look at that. It totally lacks the low end torque bump, the curve is flat until the manifold gets too its' higher rpm efficiency.

What would be good is to put them in and see if it drops from the peak torque.

I doubt it though. 175 on SE cams, I'd have thought they'd pull more peak torque than an SVT cam engine.
Very good information though.
Posted By: SvtTour98.5-3 Re: All motor - 09/20/05 02:20 AM
Yeah, that would be ok for SE cams. The problem is though, Those are SVT cams . We'll see how she does in the new car though and go from there. Maybe I was better off with my SE flywheel for a bit more weight. Oh well.

Oh yeah, this was also using a 3L alum UIM.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: All motor - 09/21/05 12:27 AM
Wow, ok that is more like what I would expect. Honestly if you don't have a way to tweak the timing then no secondaries is definitely NOT better.
This graph shows that it is making average torque at the top end with about -10 ft-lbs in the low area. THe SVT cams were designed to have the benefit of the dual runner intake.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: All motor - 09/23/05 02:01 AM

It's the fact that 9+/10 dyno on DynoJets. I would loosely like to see where I stand.

3.0 hybrid by DanG
AFE 8" filter
Bassani cat-back exhaust
Torsen LSD
SPEC Stage 1 clutch
SPEC flywheel

As a comparison on a Mustang dyno:
scottd60 w/ intake Bassani
159.0hp, 127.6tq

Myself: 202.4hp, 177tq

You guys (not you Pete) aren't paying attention to Pete's post...he dynoed on a Mustang Dyno not Dynojet. Mustang Dyno is a controlled variable resistance dyno (argued to be more realistic) while the Dynojet is an inertia dyno (get the drum rolling...then little effort to keep it rolling...argued to generate inflated numbers). Funny how Dynojet is now going to a load testing feature on their latest and greatest model 224xLC more info here...web page.

From http://www.mustangdyne.com/performancetuning.htm "The Mustang Dynamometers are unique. All Mustang Dynamometers are loading dynamometers designed to duplicate real world operating conditions. Our patented control system uses eddy current power absorbers to load a vehicle exactly the way it would be loaded on the street -- including wind resistance, which is a significant factor in high-speed testing. Mustang dynos also feature a load cell to measure the power being applied to the rolls. Without going into a lot of theory, a Mustang dyno gives you a real world tune, every time".

Pete's numbers are quite good without really being tuned yet and if compared to the rest with Dynojet numbers he will more then likely have as good as the top or higher numbers then most N/A's cars on this site. There has been as much as 20% difference in Dynojet and Mustang dyno numbers with Dynojet producing the highest numbers. Pete and I both had planned to dyno again together on a Dynojet just for the sole reason of comparing the difference of our Mustang dyno's vs. Dynojet dyno's. I will do it before I do any more mods to my car.

Bottom line...don't compare the results from both dyno's it is not a realistic comparison. The only way to compare is to do both dyno's with the same car with the same mods and try and have similar weather conditions to even get a realistic comparison.

Oh yeah, Pete those were my base numbers, my new numbers are...
Mustang Dyno: 172hp/145tq
My Mods:
Stock 2.5L 2000 SVT
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe (Jet-Hot coated),Bassani Cat-Back
Extrude Hone Max-Flow UIM (Jet-Hot coated)
BAT Intake Pipe, MAF adapter, K&N RU3530
© CEG Archives