Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: racerbox77 SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 05:18 PM
thanks Wayne.(hypnotic) my SCT 2 flasher gave me 3 tenths and 2 mph.

and my 60 ft was .04 slower than my previous best.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 05:22 PM
nice...mine was re-re-reshipped on friday..should have it on monday or tuesday..
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:03 PM
cool..timeslips?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:22 PM
go to my cardomain site
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:45 PM
I am pretty sure I am getting the SCT 2. YUMMY!
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:50 PM

wow 10 seconds....hehe j/k.....im glad someone finally has a slip to show.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:57 PM
Slip still doesnt show AFR
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 06:59 PM
get a wideband o2...
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 07:13 PM
Well, that doesnt help me decide between wayne or ADC since hooking up a wideband would mean I already bought waynes chip right ?
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/23/05 08:26 PM
idk who wayne is...but I sure as hell know I would rather go with ADC
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 02:45 AM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

14.6 @ only 92mph... Something's very fishy...

Only 17mph on the top end???

Looks very RWD V8 to me...
Posted By: DopePope Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 05:56 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

im not trying to start anything demon, because I definately know you know more than I do here, but lately every timeslip posted has been met with a lot of distrust and B.S calls... just thought that was odd.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 06:09 AM
I had a guy in a cougar tell me his atx duratec ran a 15.4

Tonight at the track I watched him run an 18.4

I asked him later what he ran...and he told me 15.8

BS is everywhere and it drives me insane.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 06:11 AM
Wayne is a good guy from what I hear.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 07:04 AM
Originally posted by DopePope:
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

im not trying to start anything demon, because I definately know you know more than I do here, but lately every timeslip posted has been met with a lot of distrust and B.S calls... just thought that was odd.

Maybe because some of us on this board have seen many years of time slips from cars in verious stages of modification and at varying tracks around the country so we can spot BS much quicker then others.

I stick by my original post. (or posts as it relates to him)

It looks VERY V8 RWD. Good traction, torque driven 1/8th, with very slow top end speed increase. Time slips don't lie and by the splits that's definitely not a FWD time slip. There's at least 5 years worth to compare it against on this site.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 08:13 AM
I too was wondering what was up with the trap speed. With a very similar 60' time(in the 2.2's), I trapped 97mph on my 14.6 run. Granted, I trapped 96 on my 14.4 run, but that was also with a 2.13 60'.

I can believe the 2.2X 60', I really don't think that's even questionable. To be honest, I'm pissed if Im not cutting 2.25 or better. But like Greg stated, it appears to be a slip from a V8 with not a lot of top end. Then again, really missing a shift could have killed you, but that'd mean you'd be in the 14.3-14.4 range on a good run.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 08:51 AM
although I don't disagree, my turd with it's only time to the track so far went 14.7 @ 94 and I thought that was an odd time....

cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 01:54 PM
Real Nice. I like how your last timeslip you tagged a 2.19 60'

If you'd done that on your last run you'd have knocked a bit more off your ET.
Good job, I gave you a good rating.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I too was wondering what was up with the trap speed. With a very similar 60' time(in the 2.2's), I trapped 97mph on my 14.6 run. Granted, I trapped 96 on my 14.4 run, but that was also with a 2.13 60'.

I can believe the 2.2X 60', I really don't think that's even questionable. To be honest, I'm pissed if Im not cutting 2.25 or better. But like Greg stated, it appears to be a slip from a V8 with not a lot of top end. Then again, really missing a shift could have killed you, but that'd mean you'd be in the 14.3-14.4 range on a good run.

Mark

Okay, this is getting very cut throat and I'm not sure it is justified.

His first slip shows a 2.169 60' with a 9.58ET at 73.78mph
His second slip shows a 2.205 60' with a 9.43ET at 75.7mph

By comparison I have a few slips of my 3L. Bear in mind I was running a much heavier car with 150 pounds extra stereo gear minimum.

Here is something to chew on:
60' 1/8ET MPH 1/4ET MPH
-----------------------------------
2.565 10.01/75.7mph 15.22/94.63mph
2.491 9.94/75.5mph 15.17/94.85mph
2.389 9.82/74.9mph 15.01/95.68mph
2.382 9.75/76.2mph 14.96/95.46mph
2.380 9.76/75.5mph 14.98/95.11mph
2.377 9.84/75.9mph 15.04/94.51mph
2.332 9.68/76.2mph 14.86/95.96mph

This was my first "real" night of drag racing where I was learning how to launch, shift, and just drive. I had a 3L in this car with all that extra weight and full tank of gas.

They are all from the same night though not necessarily in sequential order. The last 4 I switched in decending 60' times for purposes of this discussion. Anyway, I got progressively better through the night even though the car was good and hot by then.
The general trend was as the 60' went down the ET's went down, the MPH increased. There were some exceptions.
Notice the MPH was less on the two runs where it changed. The 2.380 60' and the 2.382 60' gave almost the same 1/8ET but the MPH dropped by 0.7mph The 1/4 ET was up by .02 and the 1/4MPH was down by 0.6mph. So what caused the variation? Am I lying? Was it shifting, a headwind?
The point is that on the same night I was able to drop .5 seconds off my 1/8th ET and only have a small increase in MPH because of it.
To put it another way, I was running a 75.5 1/8mph with a 9.7ET, however, I ran two 10s ET's with a 75mph trapp. I was also carrying more weight but I had more Horsepower so my trapps should have been higher and my 60's and ETs should have been higher because of the increase in weight on about the same amount of traction.

I'm saying that it could very well be the guy has a pretty fat midrange torque curve, good tires and knows how to launch. That 2.2 60' is enough to garner 14.x runs in the 1/4 without having a high trapp.
Then there is the track issues. Does the track have any slope? Is there a stadium blocking wind and after the 1/8th mile the car is exposed to the wind? Was there wind?

Too many variables to just throw the BS flag when the numbers are a little off. I don't know about you guys, but I'll give most people the benefit of the doubt in a case like this. If they are full of BS then it will soon show and then there is time enough to pick them apart. In the meantime all it does is make bad feelings. I know I'm not about to start being a "Hater" over it.

T
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/24/05 07:15 PM
I can't say I was throwing up the BS flag. I was only pointing out that from my experience, my mph was quite a bit higher on the same ET w/ very similar 60' times. Again, I pointed out what I thought could have been the contributing factor to his lower mph, with a "possible" mis-shift after the 1/8th. Who knows, there are too many variables that go into it, just like you noted. Hell, their clocks may be off a couple mph, as it was proven by another member here that was showing a 9.1 in the 1/8th with a 2.5 60'.

Mark
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 03:27 PM
I can't say I was throwing up the BS flag. I was only pointing out that from my experience, my mph was quite a bit higher on the same ET w/ very similar 60' times. Again, I pointed out what I thought could have been the contributing factor to his lower mph, with a "possible" mis-shift after the 1/8th. Who knows, there are too many variables that go into it, just like you noted. Hell, their clocks may be off a couple mph, as it was proven by another member here that was showing a 9.1 in the 1/8th with a 2.5 60'.

Mark

Y2KSVT your mph is higher than mine because you are putting more horsepower to the ground. I cant believe that this guy DEMON knows SOO much about our cars but doesnt believe me. im not lying! im proud of my times so i post them to share and then people bash! DEMON LEARN HOW TO DRAG RACE then talk! If your car runs 13.40s maybe with a GOOD driver and a GOOD track it should be faster. My time slip looks like a rear wheel drive car? WTF!
"jealousy is a wasted emotion"
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 03:56 PM
you only dropped 2/10th's damn i dropped over 7/10th's and gained 5 mph. i went from a 15.99 to a 15.24 with only my chip. and wayne and i have done the datalogging and afr and he is getting them up here probly today
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 03:59 PM
Are you positive your gains were from the chip and not driving? The average stock CSVT should pulle low-mid 15s easily.
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
you only dropped 2/10th's damn i dropped over 7/10th's and gained 5 mph. i went from a 15.99 to a 15.24 with only my chip. and wayne and i have done the datalogging and afr and he is getting them up here probly today

Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:06 PM
um ok so unless things have changed in the contour world,then this guy is claiming 14.6 out of a basically STOCK svt???

i mean come on guys,you guys with built 3 liters are running those times,and he's claiming to do it in a basically STOCK svt....

come on your mod list consists of NOTHING to add much power to your car....i mean sct flasher,cc cai,trubendz y pipe(stock catback),no maf screen,8mm wires,BOSCH plugs(terrible choice for a duratec)and to top it off all on 18 in. wheels....i'm sorry but it just doesn't add up at all period...those are miniscule mods,that might have added 10 15 hp maybe,but with those mods you claim to be almost a full second faster than a stock svt.....

just to put it in perspective my '95 mustang runs 14.2's and that's with 225 rearwheel hp,and 285 rearwheel torque with a weight of 3250 lbs.....i just don't see you being only 4 tenths off of what i run....only being slightly lighter,and having quite a bit less whp,and probably 100 less wtq,and fwd...i just don't see it...maybe the timing system is WAAAAY off at your track....

i don't see haw his car with minor mods is almost running mid 14's,when MOST people on here with similiar or even MORE mods than that are still stuck in the 15's...and i find it hard to believe that it is simply driver....tons of people have similiar mods and some even more and yet they all seem to run 15's....
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:08 PM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Are you positive your gains were from the chip and not driving? The average stock CSVT should pulle low-mid 15s easily.

and not to mention 7 tenths would equal about 70 horsepower....which i HIGHLY doubt would be possible from a simple tune...
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:09 PM
dont forget the optimized TPS
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:36 PM
Norwalk Raceway in Norwalk,Ohio is one of the best tracks in the country, the timing lights are NOT wrong. They host many many national events there every year.
The horsepower calculator on my Dads webite says I should have 200 horsepower. http://www.boxperformance.com/tbox.htm
car weight w/ me = 3225 (weighed it at the track)ET= 14.67 MPH=92.6
how is 200 horse to the ground not believable? Ill be at Quaker steak this Sunday. for any non believers I have no problem bringing my balls with me.I90 is 500 ft away.
Friday at Norwalk right off the highway with a cooler in the back I ran 14.90. O did I mention it was 90 degrees and humid.
heres a drag racing hint- ICE is your friend.

Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:40 PM
the HP calculators are usually off, especially for the typicaly FWD platform. I know for my truck for example, IIRC, it says I should have ~450ish hp, when in reality I have 380....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:42 PM
Originally posted by racerbox77:
how is 200 horse to the ground not believable?

Because you've got minimal mods. I think Demon(and not to say you couldn't get more out of a 2.5L than he did) was putting down I believe 191whp with his 2.5L, and he had PnP heads, headers, true duals, port matching, tuning etc.. To put down 200whp, you're needing a little more than what you've got done. Believe me, I'm HOPING for 200whp on my next N/A dyno, and I'm running a 3L with full exhaust(MSDS headers + y-pipe & Bassani catback) and full intake(CTA pipe, 65mm T/B, 10" K&N) and an X-Cal 2. I would be lead to believe that your mod list is a lot longer than what it appears, if you were really in the 200whp range.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:44 PM
he had an untouched long block...heads were box stock...

, and he had PnP heads, headers

Mark

Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 04:51 PM
demon may not know everything, but he knows his timeslips and the corresponding cars that would run those numbers. when i posted my fake 14.2 timeslip, he knew the EXACT car that i stole the times from.

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 06:03 PM
he had an untouched long block...heads were box stock...

, and he had PnP heads, headers

Mark

I stand corrected. Then maybe he did some port matching atleast? All I remember were the approximate dyno #'s, being 191HP and 18XTQ. Very impressive out of a 2.5L.

Mark
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/25/05 07:57 PM

yes i am 100% sure it was from the tune and thats it, i drove the exact same way i did the prior run. i dont ever change anything when i run the 1/4 mile. and who says that 7/10's equals 70 hp???
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 12:08 AM
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

its called lack of horse power.
how much mph can you get from 200 horse???

its pretty sad (for Mustangs) that my SVT is only 1 tenth and 3 mph slower than my 96 Saleen when I first got it.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 12:14 AM
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

its pretty sad (for Mustangs) that my SVT is only 1 tenth and 3 mph slower than my 96 Saleen when I first got it.

96 is one of the worst years ever for a mustang, and all the saleen had was extra weight and beauty.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 12:34 AM
I know but the beauty was worth the price tag. DAMN that car looked sweet.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 01:51 AM
that would be the crux of the problem for me too. I am going to just give the benefit of the doubt but I have to admit that is pretty fast for his HP level.

On the other hand Demon was able to turn 14's with just a mail order chip if I recall. I think it was 14.8x or something. So there are factory freaks and the freaks that drive them.
Nothing he posted is completely way out there, rather it looks more like every "good" thing went right on his drag runs and that is the result. Or its fabricated. I don't really know.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 01:55 AM
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
demon may not know everything, but he knows his timeslips and the corresponding cars that would run those numbers. when i posted my fake 14.2 timeslip, he knew the EXACT car that i stole the times from.

Hahaha. NOw that's really good!

And you can admit it? Assuming it wasn't a joke, that takes some balls.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:06 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
On the other hand Demon was able to turn 14's with just a mail order chip if I recall. I think it was 14.8x or something. So there are factory freaks and the freaks that drive them.

I wish it were just that.

It was a semi custom chip (I helped build the first XGT1 program for Superchips), custom exhaust, intake, ported TB, MAF, etc before I hit 14's... I will admit our local track sucks but then I've always said that.

His times just don't add up.
A 9.4 1/8th mile with just a 2.2x is faster then the previous record of a 190+/170 2000 SVT with DR's, LSD, and a 2.02 60' running at Houston Raceway Park. (i.e killer sea level track!) It's just NOT going to happen. PERIOD.

Anyway I'm done with this thread and probably this forum. Too much bullsh~t flying around. I'll stick to just driving my own car.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:29 AM
Yes and Contours are known for their torque!
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:45 AM

how is 200 horse to the ground not believable?

im not debating times or anything like that, but no, 200FWHP with your mods is not believable. FWIW i put down 175HP at SZ with dirty manifolds. if the flasher gave me 25FWHP i would chit myself.
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:52 AM
Anyway I'm done with this thread and probably this forum. Too much bullsh~t flying around. I'll stick to just driving my own car.

You should at least stick with the forum. You taught noobs like me stuff about drag racing and mod stuff and are one of the few that actually know what they are talking about. But whatever you wanna do. Oh and I got into 14s with my car (Seriously joking, I'm lucky to hit low 17)
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:15 AM

yes i am 100% sure it was from the tune and thats it, i drove the exact same way i did the prior run. i dont ever change anything when i run the 1/4 mile. and who says that 7/10's equals 70 hp???

i am the one that said it...and it is true.....every tenth in the 1/4 mile is basically equilvilant to about 10 hp....or 100 lbs/ in weight reduction.......so for you to have dropped 7 tenths off of your 1/4 mile time,you would have a.)either gained about 70 hp with the tune(which is highly doubtful)or b.)you shed about 700 lbs. of weight....do some research online and you will see that i'm right...

i am not trying to knock the tuning,but do you really expect us to believe you gained 7 tenths from a tune?????i mean 2 or 3 tenths is very possible but 7....
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:18 AM
Yes and Contours are known for their torque!
cool..timeslips?

Video proof.

yeah and i'm sure he's probably putting down over 200 lb ft as well....that is in his dreamworld where basically stock svt's run mid 14's and make 200 whp... those rwd v8 timeslips might excite the ricer boys on cardomain,but most on here know better....and since you run at the track so much why don't you videotape one of these mid 14 second runs,that shows the board with the times on it,then someone may believe you..
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 01:25 PM

people on this board have doubted my times since I first started posting them. When my car was running 15 O's they said no way. Then I broke the 14's and they called BS. So next time I go to the track (probably this Fri) Ill see about borrowing a video camera. Of course once I post the vid someones going to say I altered it or some crap.
I dont see how 14.60s is that unbelievable. The car stock ran high 15.30s. I wisely spent money on proven parts and mods and knocked off about 7 tenths and gained about 4 mph. The car is still slow, it doesnt excite me going 92 mph. I could change the radio station in between shifts The fact that people like Demon dont believe these times, and say they look like a rwd. Tells me one thing - THEY COULDNT GET THEIR CAR TO DO IT SO ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 01:47 PM
the funny thing is is that the MINOR and i do mean MINOR mods you have are NOT enough to knock 7 tenths off of your et period....your MINOR mods just do NOT add up to more than maybe 15 hp tops,which is not enough to knock that much time off your 1/4.......i mean hell half of your mods add absolutely zero horsepower....

tps mod pointless on these cars,plug wires also no hp,bosch plugs(which if you'd research are probably the worst choice for your car)also no hp.....removed maf screen.no hp....i believe yor site also says your still running the stock catback........really the only mods you list that make any bit of power are the y pipe,cc cai,and the tune....now those mods still DO NOT add up to 7 tenths in the 1/4 no matter how you look at it....period...it doesn't take a genius to figure it out...

the reason people don't believe you is that your posting unbelievable claims....for instance mark(y2k)is running a 3liter and he is making around 200 to the wheels,and running well into the 14's....and your trying to say your basically STOCK svt is running the same times and you don't have the mods to run those times.....

and as far as you saying others on here can't drive as good as you,i highly doubt that's the case,who do you think you are john force or something???i mean hell you say demon can't drive as good as you,but yet he runs 13.4 in a n/a 3l, i don't think his driving skills are really in question...like i said your bs times,and your thinking your a pro driver might impress the ricers on cardomain,but you haven't really fooled anyone here,as most people your are trying to fool know way more about these cars than you can ever hope to know...
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:06 PM
chrisilversvt,
sorry my contour is probably faster than your 5oh.
I cant wait to get a vid camera this weekend.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:12 PM
chrisilversvt,

that was a joke I HOPE
Posted By: Barge Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:17 PM
My car before it died dyno'd 183.5 hp and some tw # I can't recall and that was with running enough timing that I destroyed 1/2 of my spark plugs before switching to colder plugs.

That was with the stock exhaust from the heads back... and all I did was get close to 14's.

Anyway.. if you did it congrats.... but it is hard to believe... and I believe 7tenths = 70 hp is from the rule that .1s gain takes 10 hp.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:20 PM
chrisilversvt,

that was a joke I HOPE

wtf... you're talking to yourself now?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 02:31 PM
actually when your talking about 200 or so horse running 14 to 15s its about 25 horse. click the link for the power/speed calculator http://www.boxperformance.com/tbox.htm
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:00 PM
actually when your talking about 200 or so horse running 14 to 15s its about 25 horse. click the link for the power/speed calculator http://www.boxperformance.com/tbox.htm

I'm pretty sure thats assuming traction...
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:13 PM
yes
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:14 PM

ok so whatever this website says is right is that what your saying....if so it is waaaaaaay off......but if it makes you feel better..
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:38 PM
now your calling bs on my web site? then find another power speed calculator. they all use the same equation.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:47 PM
I call BS...I frequent the track enough to spot BS. I'm with everyone else...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 03:47 PM
Wow is that calculator WAY OFF! 221HP sounds pretty good though! All people are saying is that things don't add up. It's very easy to compare your times with mine, as we both have pretty close ET's. I'm 2/10's faster, but also had almost a full 1/10 on you at 60'. By that alone, I've got you by 2/10's where it matters, the finish line. Then factor in that I've got ~20hp and ~30tq on you, that should be around another 2-3/10's. Maybe it's my uphill track, maybe it's whether conditions(although I was running in the fall, where you are running in the hottest whether we've seen in the Midwest in a while), maybe it's one of our clocks?

Mark
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:10 PM
now your calling bs on my web site? then find another power speed calculator. they all use the same equation.

no what i'm saying is that,that power speed calculator is not accurate,just like almost all of them you will find...if we all relied on online calculators then we'd all be running magical #'s and we wouldnt even need to go to the track.....

now go to the track and get a video of one of your mid 14 sec. run and then someone might believe you....you can link all the sites in the world,but until we see video proof most of us are gonna call bs....
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:14 PM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
until we see video proof most of us are gonna call bs....

Which is #1 reason I intend to have a camera with me during my next visit to the track.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:20 PM
Ok Friday Im taking my buddys vid camera to the track to prove to all these times are legit. Ill also film under the hood, the tires, the interior, the exhaust. Just to rule out any bs flags about my mods.
But I need someone to tell me how to post the vid.

ps: Norwalk Raceway Park is one of the nicest tracks in the country. The times are accurate or the World Nationals (for one) wouldnt have an event there.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:26 PM

i am the one that said it...and it is true.....every tenth in the 1/4 mile is basically equilvilant to about 10 hp....or 100 lbs/ in weight reduction.......so for you to have dropped 7 tenths off of your 1/4 mile time,you would have a.)either gained about 70 hp with the tune(which is highly doubtful)or b.)you shed about 700 lbs. of weight....do some research online and you will see that i'm right...

i am not trying to knock the tuning,but do you really expect us to believe you gained 7 tenths from a tune?????i mean 2 or 3 tenths is very possible but 7....

well i did and its proven i have time slips at home to prove i gained 7/10's with his tune, yes i got a cf hood but that only saved like maybe 20-25 pounds i belive. and i am not confused its easy to read 15.99 then to a 15.24 in the same track conditions,weather,same track and all. nothing changed but the tune.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:33 PM
7 tenths is NOT 70 horse power when you're talking about 15 second range. Math does not lie neither do power speed calculators.
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:34 PM
thank you brother.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:37 PM
7 tenths is NOT 70 horse power when you're talking about 15 second range. Math does not lie neither do power speed calculators.

no, but a 16 second csvt is far from normal. there were other factors in his initial run that we either don't know about (driver ability, etc...) or he's not telling us.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:47 PM

ok mathmetician then YOU tell me how much it is then genius...

ok now so even though we have told you those speed calculators are waaaaaay off period.....so yes they do lie.....and its been a drag racers rule of thunb for years that 10 hp or 100 lbs. of weight reduction is worth ABOUT a tenth...it is not 100% accurate,but probably alot closer than these online calculators are...

and actually it is alot more accurate in the 15,14,and 13 second range that a tenth is worth about 10 hp or 100 lbs....because once you get in the 12's and lower it takes even MORE hp to lower your et's ......

Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 04:54 PM
power speed calculators account for perfect traction and perfect weather. I know about the 10 hrs 100 lbs rule of thumb.
will someone please share how to post vid.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:01 PM
thank you brother.

well then both of you mathemeticians and drag experts tell me how much hp it takes to drop 7 tenths then,without using innacurate online calcs.....

and like mx said a 15.9 is a ridiculous time for even a stock svt...period....was this your 1st time trying to drag????i mean what were the conditions etc.?????

do you have both time slips to post so we can see both 60ft.,1/8,mph's etc.????anyone could go out and run ridiculously slow times in any car....and alot of people's 1st track times can be bad as well....

but what we are trying to say is that there are alot of variables you are leaving out...and without all the info your claims are bs.....

i don't care how good a tuner he is it is NOT possible to knock 7 tenths off your et with nothing more than a simple tune it just does NOT add up period....you are claiming ALMOST a full second from just a tune if that was possible don't you think everyone would be beating down sct's door so they too could drop almost a full second from a simple tune????

i am not saying you didn't pick up 2 or 3 tenths,but 7 get real.....there's some driver or other factors involved period...
Posted By: MxRacer Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:03 PM
power speed calculators account for perfect traction and perfect weather. I know about the 10 hrs 100 lbs rule of thumb.

you can email it to me when you get it. i'll host it for you.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:04 PM

wow that was quick you already got a vid huh?????you seem to be pretty good at finding online calculators and such so it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn how to post a vid...and when and IF you actually get this video proof,i am sure someone on here would be most happy to host it for you....

edit oops mx beat me to it...lol...

trust me you won't have any trouble finding someone to host it..
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:05 PM
thank you brother.

well then both of you mathemeticians and drag experts tell me how much hp it takes to drop 7 tenths then,without using innacurate online calcs.....

and like mx said a 15.9 is a ridiculous time for even a stock svt...period....was this your 1st time trying to drag????i mean what were the conditions etc.?????

do you have both time slips to post so we can see both 60ft.,1/8,mph's etc.????anyone could go out and run ridiculously slow times in any car....and alot of people's 1st track times can be bad as well....

but what we are trying to say is that there are alot of variables you are leaving out...and without all the info your claims are bs.....

i don't care how good a tuner he is it is NOT possible to knock 7 tenths off your et with nothing more than a simple tune it just does NOT add up period....you are claiming ALMOST a full second from just a tune if that was possible don't you think everyone would be beating down sct's door so they too could drop almost a full second from a simple tune????

i am not saying you didn't pick up 2 or 3 tenths,but 7 get real.....there's some driver or other factors involved period...

did i say i was a mathemetician? no i didnt all i was saying is thank you to racer thats all. dont be a hater cause i got what i got. dosent really matter to me if you belive me or not i have proof and there is plenty of people that can attest to it for me
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:10 PM
thank you brother.

did i say i was a mathemetician? no i didnt all i was saying is thank you to racer thats all. dont be a hater cause i got what i got. dosent really matter to me if you belive me or not i have proof and there is plenty of people that can attest to it for me

post the slips then big talker...let us see this miraculous tuning job you have then......and if your so confident in your gain,maybe everyone that gets a tuner from wayne should be guaranteed to drop 7 tenths then or maybe they get their money back then...
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:15 PM

wow that was quick you already got a vid huh?????you seem to be pretty good at finding online calculators and such so it shouldn't be too hard for you to learn how to post a vid...and when and IF you actually get this video proof,i am sure someone on here would be most happy to host it for you....

edit oops mx beat me to it...lol...

trust me you won't have any trouble finding someone to host it..

Im going to race Fri. So before u bash READ!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:22 PM
This is getting pretty entertaining now. This is turning into the thread that Chad started and STILL is yet to post a timeslip. I will say though, that his chances of running a 14.7 are a lot greater than a pretty much stock SVT running a 14.6. Chad's putting down mid 180whp with headers and true duals with intake and chip. I honestly can't see a basically stock SVT doing even 180whp, even WITH a tune, especially through mail order.

As for Ryan dropping 7/10's, it just can't be done through a slight tuning of a once again, nearly stock vehicle. We are still, yet to see any dyno results from his car, or any of HypIllAuto's Contour tunes(not to take away from his ability). I'm sure that if we compared his slips, we'd easily pickup on where his time was made up. Again, just taking 1/10 off a 60' time, will result in ~2/10 at the end of the track. Then there's the driver. I know that my first time to the track was pretty embarassing. I hadn't really raced the car yet, I thought "all eyes were on me" and my legs were shaking like an old man in a walker. I was pulling 2.3-2.4 60' times and running 15.8's stock. As I went to the track more, I became comfortable with the surrounding, was able to learn how to launch the car on the prepped surface, and brought my 60's down quite a bit. So unless we can show that his runs were at almost identical weather conditions, there's really no way to compare, other than by timeslips.

Mark
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:24 PM
I call BS on all the caluclators. According to the caluclators my car has 218hp....and my truck has 440hp....WRONG-O

Also, my truck should only run a 13.7 with its current hp...

Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:25 PM
thank you brother,mark
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:36 PM
when I take the vid Fri. ill send it to someone here to post. till then im done trying to convince people.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 05:44 PM
Here's the bottom line.

You have X mods that have proven to add X amount of horsepower. That amount of HP does on all the other CDW-27 platforms does not run the time/trap that you have posted.

Do you not expect the knowledgable CEG folks to question that?

5+3=10

It's pretty simple....

when I take the vid Fri. ill send it to someone here to post. till then im done trying to convince people.

Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:05 PM
i will post them when i can, i have proof, i dont have to prove it to anyone else. i have been seen by my entire car team, everyone that came to my bbq saw the slips cause they are framed at my house with race pics and my svt certificate. if you dont belive me then thats fine no big deal, dosent really matter to me. a real man dosent have to prove anything to anyone. i know what it did and i know what i ran everytime at the track. what are you running chrisilversvt?????? and why would wayne guarantee anything like that, every car is different. the way everyone drives is different, that was the most ignorant thing i have ever heard.have a good day
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:32 PM
i will post them when i can, i have proof, i dont have to prove it to anyone else. i have been seen by my entire car team, everyone that came to my bbq saw the slips cause they are framed at my house with race pics and my svt certificate. if you dont belive me then thats fine no big deal, dosent really matter to me. a real man dosent have to prove anything to anyone. i know what it did and i know what i ran everytime at the track. what are you running chrisilversvt?????? and why would wayne guarantee anything like that, every car is different. the way everyone drives is different, that was the most ignorant thing i have ever heard.have a good day

no actually your posts and your ridiculous 7 tenths from a tune bs is the most ridiculous thing i've ever read...and i'm not the only one that KNOWS 7 tenths reduction is NOT possible...so live in your little dream world if you'd like that's fine...

i was not doubting you have a 15.9,and a 15.2 timeslip....we are trying to say that there is more than just that tune making a 7 tenths difference in your et....i'm sure that wayne is a smart enough guy to know that it is NOT possible to gain 7 tenths from just a tune...maybe he needs a better spokesperson for his products,someone that might have a clue what they are talking about...

and btw i run a 14.2 if it really matters in this thread...and fwiw my old svt dirty manifolds and all was still able to pull a 15.6....
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:44 PM
7 tenths could be picked up without any mods. Just put a different person behind the wheel of a car. So saying that a tune gave you 7 tenths isnt completely all true. Theres so many other factors that have to be accounted for.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:45 PM
or the same person with more experience driving...
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:47 PM
that's a very vague statement. On a basically stock CSVT or CDW-27 platform I would agree. However, there are certain F/I vehicles where that can ring true.....

and i'm not the only one that KNOWS 7 tenths reduction is NOT possible.

Posted By: DopePope Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 06:51 PM
that's a very vague statement. On a basically stock CSVT or CDW-27 platform I would agree. However, there are certain F/I vehicles where that can ring true.....

and i'm not the only one that KNOWS 7 tenths reduction is NOT possible.

i'm pretty sure he was basically referring to our platform
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 07:09 PM
dream world,hahahahahaha verry funny, well i know whats true and whats not and thats all you need to know, once again have a nice day
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/26/05 09:26 PM

ok mathmetician then YOU tell me how much it is then genius...

ok now so even though we have told you those speed calculators are waaaaaay off period.....so yes they do lie.....and its been a drag racers rule of thunb for years that 10 hp or 100 lbs. of weight reduction is worth ABOUT a tenth...it is not 100% accurate,but probably alot closer than these online calculators are...

and actually it is alot more accurate in the 15,14,and 13 second range that a tenth is worth about 10 hp or 100 lbs....because once you get in the 12's and lower it takes even MORE hp to lower your et's ......

Actually that sounds pretty darn close to me. I ran a 14.8x with about 206 wHP and 3300 lbs. Later with the turbo I ran a 13.8x with about 320 HP and maybe around 3350 lbs.
So yea, that is about 10 tenths faster with another 100 horsepower or so to the wheels.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 12:57 AM
i will gladly host any vids needed for proof. i wanna see them myself.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 03:55 AM
dream world,hahahahahaha verry funny, well i know whats true and whats not and thats all you need to know, once again have a nice day

like i said i am NOT doubting you ran a 15.9....and later ran a 15.2......but what i AM saying is that the e.t. difference is NOT purely from just a tune,its pretty clear to everyone else but yourself as well,hence where the dreamworld statement came from...and YOU have a nice day...
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 04:32 AM
So I should be pushing about 200hp?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 03:07 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

great. now tell me the steps i need to take to send the video after i record the 14.6 run. which i know will be faster than last fri. because its suposed to be 15 degrees cooler this fri.
thanks

ps i expect numerous apologies after i get this vid.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 03:15 PM
Rather confident for a guy still running around with a stock differential.

Mark
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 03:27 PM

Mark

and not to mention i think he said earlier that he launches at 5k as well...
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 03:44 PM
yep
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 04:05 PM

Posted By: GreenNuggs_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/27/05 04:32 PM
7 tenths could be picked up without any mods. Just put a different person behind the wheel of a car. So saying that a tune gave you 7 tenths isnt completely all true. Theres so many other factors that have to be accounted for.

This is what I was thinking. He could have just had a faster car to begin with, but wasn't running it to its full potential. Hell, I was running bad times at first, then shaved off about .6 just by driving it RIGHT. Then I upgraded my exhaust and got some lowering springs. While my launches were smoother and a bit quicker than before, I only picked up .1 in the final ET.
Posted By: JB1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 02:10 AM

yep

if this is all true then you are either very brave or very stupid. i am not sure which.
Posted By: 98Ford2L Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 10:45 AM
The difference between bravery and stupidity is whether or not you succeed
Posted By: akrump47 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 02:29 PM
Interesting thread! Racerbox you've stepped up to the plate now, so let's see if you can knock this out of the park like you're saying ...

BTW, wasnt there some other guy with a nearly stock car, who ran a 14.7 a number of years back? I think I may still have the vid of the run. Can't remember who it was though ...
Posted By: Harrry Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 04:55 PM

great. now tell me the steps i need to take to send the video after i record the 14.6 run. which i know will be faster than last fri. because its suposed to be 15 degrees cooler this fri.
thanks

ps i expect numerous apologies after i get this vid.

DO me a favor, video tape the engine bay first then have the camera guy show u in the driver seat at the tree before u launch and then show the 1/4 mile time. That should prove alot to us.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 05:20 PM
Ok Friday Im taking my buddys vid camera to the track to prove to all these times are legit. Ill also film under the hood, the tires, the interior, the exhaust. Just to rule out any bs flags about my mods.
But I need someone to tell me how to post the vid.

ps: Norwalk Raceway Park is one of the nicest tracks in the country. The times are accurate or the World Nationals (for one) wouldnt have an event there.

Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 08:11 PM
Originally posted by akrump47:
Interesting thread! Racerbox you've stepped up to the plate now, so let's see if you can knock this out of the park like you're saying ...

BTW, wasnt there some other guy with a nearly stock car, who ran a 14.7 a number of years back? I think I may still have the vid of the run. Can't remember who it was though ...

i believe it was a 14.9 and i think he had an intake and catback. Btw, back a couple years ago, the best run was a 14.5 on a modded 2.5L and that included slicks.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/28/05 08:29 PM
Originally posted by akrump47:

i believe it was a 14.9 and i think he had an intake and catback. Btw, back a couple years ago, the best run was a 14.5 on a modded 2.5L and that included slicks.

.........i plan on running better than that when i'm done..of course...i'll be "cheating"
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 03:46 PM
well last night I went to the track with the video camera. the track was packed because of the Oldsmobile Nationals so I only got one run. 14.71 at 92.5 mph. now all that I have to do is go to my buddys house tomorrow and upload the vid.
Posted By: 98Ford2L Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 04:30 PM
Sweet! I wanna see it.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 05:46 PM
If This Proves To Be Genuine...Some People In Here Are Gonna Have To Remove Their Feet From Their Mouths!!!!.
Posted By: 98Ford2L Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If This Proves To Be Genuine...Some People In Here Are Gonna Have To Remove Their Feet From Their Mouths!!!!.

w3rd
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 07:14 PM
waiting to receive movie. . . . .
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/30/05 08:35 PM
waiting to receive movie. . . . .

SUNDAY-
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/31/05 03:51 AM
Yeah, but look at the other thread that was locked....30 days and still no timeslip or video.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/31/05 04:32 AM

LMFAO!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/31/05 04:39 AM
Well, I will be hosting it as soon as it is sent to me. Trust me, as soon as I receive the video it will be posted. . . . as long as its before Wednesday.

BTW racer, I leave to make my trek back to school on Wednesday. If I do not receive the video by Tuesday night, I will not be able to put it up until the following Tuesday. If you are delayed in sending it to me you may want to explore other options. Not trying to be a d***, just an FYI.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 07/31/05 09:02 PM
my buddy with the camera doesnt have internet. so ill have to bring the camera to work and do it here. i think he said i need to have the software too, or he can burn it on a cd? i dont know im going to try to talk to him tonight. just so damn busy at the end the month. dont worry ill send it. if not by Weds. then who else can i email it to?
also tonight at Quaker Steak some of the guys on here will be there. so im going to see if i can bring the camera with me and show those guys in person.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 01:09 AM
Good luck. I hope this is a good video, I'm rootin for ya.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 04:17 AM
If you want to put it on a CD, thats fine. You will have to upload it to a computer, then burn the file to the CD. Take the CD home, load it onto your comp., then email it to me. I might have iternet access in Ohio at the end of the week, but dont count on it. Thats why I was suggesting you might want to look elsewhere if it takes that long. If you still havent found a host by next Monday, I can host it then for sure. Just let me know. . . . .
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 06:01 PM
ok im at work i have my buddys vid camera here. i downloaded the software from the supplied disk. the computer couldnt find the camera. so i read the manual and it seems the only way i can get this vid up is if it was recorded on the memory card. BUT he recorded it on a tape. is there a way to transfer the recording from the tape to the card?
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 07:07 PM
OK i found out that i need a DV cord to connect the vid camera to my pc. BUT my pc doesnt have the right connection. so i have to find someone who has the right stuff. what a pain in the azz just to prove to people i dont know that i have 14 second contour.
Posted By: Harrry Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 07:15 PM
OK i found out that i need a DV cord to connect the vid camera to my pc. BUT my pc doesnt have the right connection. so i have to find someone who has the right stuff. what a pain in the azz just to prove to people i dont know that i have 14 second contour.

Hang in there u almost have this in the bag.

I really want to see this video!!
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/01/05 09:04 PM

sound like you need some 1394...
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/02/05 01:37 PM
sweet racer, good time there man.
Posted By: BigC Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/02/05 06:58 PM
I live in Aurora and I would really like to see this work. If you cannot find any other options, you could send me a copy on tape and I'll host it. PM me if you wanna do that and I'll give you an address...

I'm rooting for you man...
Posted By: ToTalXS Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/13/05 11:47 PM
oh man...i read this whole thing and no vid?.....whats the status on that vid man?...i want to see it bad...thanks
-Shawn
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/14/05 12:02 AM
Originally posted by ToTalXS:
oh man...i read this whole thing and no vid?.....whats the status on that vid man?...i want to see it bad...thanks
-Shawn

certainly doesnt look good when everyone calls bs.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 08/14/05 12:49 AM
Ok. Let me be the first to point out that this is another post that appears to be a waste of time with another person incapable of posting a darn video....OR they were full of crap the whole time. Lets see which way the BS meter starts to tip.
Posted By: racerbox77 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 10/16/05 07:32 PM
sorry guys i never got the correct cable for my friends vid camera. Nobody believed me, but O'well. The car is for sale in the classifieds section. It still runs strong.
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: SCT 2 FLASHER - 10/18/05 04:16 AM
wow all this time,you finally post and still no video... ,so if i buy your car from the classifieds and it only runs 15's would i get my money back
© CEG Archives