Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 96 M edition post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/23/05 09:42 PM
instead of asking each person why dont you guys who dyno'd at sz post your numbers??
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/23/05 09:45 PM
281FWHP & 289FWTQ - NOT SAFE!

268FWHP & 271FWTQ - SAFE!

Mark
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/23/05 09:51 PM
175hp 156tq
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/23/05 11:14 PM
didn't get in
Posted By: Pole120 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 12:04 AM
157hp\159tq
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 12:34 AM
dont ask.....
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:16 AM
160 HP/ 141 TQ
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:34 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
dont ask.....

.....i heard you had the lowest numbers at sz?!?!?!?
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:38 AM
Originally posted by tour96se:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
dont ask.....

.....i heard you had the lowest numbers at sz?!?!?!?

Work gets around quick esp when they suck arse

I got some work to do..I have to find out were my misfire is and found out why my imrcs arent opening...

This is with Svt upper,Svt Tb,Stock Airbox cut up with K&N and a SVT exhaust with a magnaflow in place of rez with str8 pipes out the back

This is before hand, with KKM and exhaust(ultraflow res and magnaflow in back)

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:48 AM
159/156

I'll post the graph it is a riot!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 02:18 AM
Originally posted by MapOfBananasF�³sh�³:
159/156

yeah, it looks like a sysmograph durring an earthquake

btw pete, got my front installed today, i'll have it filled for stazi soon, and then you're next on the list
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 02:25 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
159/156

btw pete, got my front installed today, i'll have it filled for stazi soon, and then you're next on the list

I may need a lil longer as far as $ is concerned.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 03:22 AM
340hp/269tq with room for improvement once I get my intake situation straightened out.

Rick
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 05:24 AM
Originally posted by pole120:
159/156

I may need a lil longer as far as $ is concerned.

LOL! i think your graphs are worse than mine! no wait, they definitely are!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:35 PM
My dyno looked like that when my plugwires were bad. They don't look bad on the surface but when I put an aftermarket set on the problem cleared right up.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
340hp/269tq with room for improvement once I get my intake situation straightened out.

Rick

Do you have your dyno sheet?
I'd really like to see how the top end boost does on the compressor.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 02:12 PM

So do I win for having the prettiest graph at SZ?

Rick
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 02:23 PM
176.3 HP
150.6 TORQUE

LAST YEAR DYNO RESULTS

171.3 HP
146.8 TORQUE

Only mods durring that time are new plugs, wires, and UIM/LIM rebuild.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 04:39 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
My dyno looked like that when my plugwires were bad. They don't look bad on the surface but when I put an aftermarket set on the problem cleared right up.

What do you think of my Graph? I cannot fig out my bucking issue for the life of me...next on my list: bad o2 sensor, UIM/LIM gaskets.
Posted By: GreenNuggs_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 05:48 PM
Rick

The HP doesn't level off at all, I love it!
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Mark, did you do a run without spraying?
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:

Mark

I don't think he did... he just wanted ooh and ahh factor.. plus he just wanted to go big.. y'know, compensate for "something small"
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:30 PM
Originally posted by ElStry-pedBanana:

Mark

I don't think he did... he just wanted ooh and ahh factor.. plus he just wanted to go big.. y'know, compensate for "something small"

Actually, I did do 2 N/A pulls. I was really disappointed with the outcome of:

188FWHP & 181FWTQ

I'm down from 196FWHP & 191FWTQ from last year. I added the CTA pipe and 65mm T/B, but went to 24# injectors for the Venom kit. Once I post my dyno graphs, you'll see why my power went so far down. I was at 10:1 AFR without spray! Talk about PIG RICH!! I suspect that once I get the 80mm MAF and a tune, I'll be in the ~210FWHP 200FWTQ range with the motor, and will be able to push 300FWHP & 320FWTQ on spray. Had I wanted to compensate for a "small package", I wouldn't have bought a Contour

Mark
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:31 PM
Lol, I was just curious to see what the gains from the venom kit were
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:46 PM
Originally posted by GreenNuggs:
Rick

I should be able to crank another 750 RPM plus add a few things like the new cooler I picked up yesterday. I should be around 400 HP on 92 octane at this rate.

Rick
Posted By: svtProdigy Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:54 PM
Originally posted by GreenNuggs:
Rick

I should be able to crank another 750 RPM plus add a few things like the new cooler I picked up yesterday. I should be around 400 HP on 92 octane at this rate.

Rick

YOu have to cut and weld another inlet in that cooler i assume...? That looks much nicer...
making me jel us
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:57 PM
It's facing downward so you can't see it. It's the inlet from the S/C.

Rick
Posted By: Pre98 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 06:59 PM
139 hp, 144 Torque

I'm still not sure what to think of it. I hear the numbers are nice for an automatic, though. Headers and a chip for next year's SZ Dyno runs for sure.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 07:17 PM

I really don't know what to make of it. The 281HP & 289TQ #'s were from a 50% injection. 50% should equate to a ~60HP shot. As you can see, I gained 93HP off of the 50% shot(maybe because I was so rich to begin with?). We brought it down to the lowest setting, a 20% injection, which would probably be closer to a ~25HP shot, and I pulled the 268HP & 271TQ #'s. This equates to a gain of 80HP!! So either these cars REALLY react well to nitrous, it really leaned it out to bring the #'s that it did, or there's something up with the Venom kit.

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 07:26 PM
From what I've seen of other venom dyno's our car's react really well to it, plus I think you did get an added boost from the leaning back out off the rich side of things.

Definitely impressive either way.

Rick
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 07:27 PM

I really don't know what to make of it. The 281HP & 289TQ #'s were from a 50% injection. 50% should equate to a ~60HP shot. As you can see, I gained 93HP off of the 50% shot

For some reason the Venom rating is significantly UNDER-RATED or on our engine it's significantly over efficient.

You can search back to other dyno's with the kit and see that small percentages give huge gains.

A local guy (Brian) had the Venom kit on his SVT and 50% gave him ~265 HP/TQ. This was on a lightly modified 2.5L engine.

Another local guy (Robbie) pegged his injectors (00 SVT) with only a 35-40% enrichment. (~245 HP/TQ)
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 07:38 PM
GoGo juice likes the added compression to. I think that is part of it....

I really don't know what to make of it. The 281HP & 289TQ #'s were from a 50% injection. 50% should equate to a ~60HP shot. As you can see, I gained 93HP off of the 50% shot(maybe because I was so rich to begin with?). We brought it down to the lowest setting, a 20% injection, which would probably be closer to a ~25HP shot, and I pulled the 268HP & 271TQ #'s. This equates to a gain of 80HP!! So either these cars REALLY react well to nitrous, it really leaned it out to bring the #'s that it did, or there's something up with the Venom kit.

Mark

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 07:54 PM
Sure Demon, analyze Mark's numbers but don't even mention mine. Playing favorites again or are you just scared I'll bring it down to KC to play? I'm hoping later this summer I can do that.

Rick
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 08:02 PM
here is my graph:
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 08:05 PM
Sure Demon, analyze Mark's numbers but don't even mention mine. Playing favorites again or are you just scared I'll bring it down to KC to play? I'm hoping later this summer I can do that.

Rick

I'd love to be there for that! I'm dieing to see what this measily 268HP Contour can do in the 1/4 mile! Traction in 1st isn't even an issue, as I don't believe it's spraying at all in 1st gear. And with the linear mode, it's not making it's full spray until about 5000 rpms. I think I might wait until I get a tune, and can spray that 50% I had been running the night before the dyno. I pulled my buddies 3:73, H-Pipe'd 96 Cobra 2 car lengths like it was nothing! Greg, I've got your number!!

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 08:46 PM
Want to make a late summer run to KC? I bet I could get something set up for a weekend in August if you wanted to come down.

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:24 PM
I'll definitely keep that in mind! Don't lose that thought, because I'd be up for coming out there!

Mark
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:28 PM

Looks like another 14 second S/C car. (you know just like the rest of them) mu-ahahahaha... (Runs off to hide )

The first thing that caught my attention was shutting the engine down at 6600rpm. That's right when the S/C is starting it's peak run. Then still getting 340 wheels on pump gas!

Based on the graph and no other changes I'd say 420 wheels at 7500rpm. If the S/C can out pace the overlap. 400 wheels should be in the bag. (probably not on Iowa's Ethanol 91 though )

With the larger intercooler you will want to go with a smaller pulley. Combined I'd say 400 wheel easily by 7000rpm. Maybe even a little sooner depending on how the boost ratio comes out.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:37 PM
I'm actually running the smallest pulley I can and still safely hit 7500 without over revving the S/C compressor. I'm running a custom 2.5 pulley. I'm actually pretty sure I'm outflowing the current cooler which is rated at 500 CFM's because I swapped the 2.83 to the 2.5 and didn't see an increase in boost as I'm still maxing at 10-11.

The cutoff is 6750 set by the MSD ignition due to my Maf running out of voltage around 6850 and setting off a lean spike that we found at SZ last year. I've got a 90 MM SCT MAF, 700 CFM cooler core, and reworked intake pipe ready to go for this thing. Any guesstimates?

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:43 PM
Any guesstimates?

Rick

14.5.............. Oh, you meant HP?

Mark
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:50 PM
Funny Mark, I've all ready run a 14.09 last year with pretty crappy driving and a few extenuating circumstances like a dead battery and no alternator .

Rick
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 09:55 PM
Funny Mark, I've all ready run a 14.09 last year with pretty crappy driving and a few extenuating circumstances like a dead battery and no alternator .

Rick

I know, I'm only pulling your leg! I'm confident that you will be mid to low 13's the next time you make it to a track. Just remember, EEEEEAAAASE into the throttle in 1st gear, get traction in 2nd and LAY DOWN THE HAMMER! I see a 12 second run before 2006, whether it be you, me or someone else that frequents the 1/4 mile track!

Mark
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/24/05 11:54 PM
Mark, I think you have found your drug of choice...and it scares me.
Posted By: BlackCSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 12:41 AM
460rwhp 430tq Haha these are my 03 gt numbers. Good numbers guys! I miss my SVT=(.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 12:49 AM

Rick

Only if you don't mind those FLAT chested [censored]...
Very nice!
I was kind of expecting a curve something like that, definitely doesn't run out of breath does it?

You need to steal the derailer off a ten-speed bike so you can shift gears on that vortech a little earlier.

How much boost again? Can you get another PUlley?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 12:51 AM
Very nice job, is that a 100shot of nitrous doing that?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 12:58 AM

What do you think of my Graph? I cannot fig out my bucking issue for the life of me...next on my list: bad o2 sensor, UIM/LIM gaskets.

Like I said, you and the other guy both need to change plug wires first. I have probably 6 dyno graphs all of which share things in common with you both and all of it was straightened out by plug wires.
Some of my symptoms:
-misfiring like crazy then clears up as rpm increases, very jagged dyno down low but smooth up top.
-random misfiring throughout the rpm range leaving the torque curve looking like a saw blade.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 01:05 AM

Like I said, you and the other guy both need to change plug wires first. I have probably 6 dyno graphs all of which share things in common with you both and all of it was straightened out by plug wires.
Some of my symptoms:
-misfiring like crazy then clears up as rpm increases, very jagged dyno down low but smooth up top.
-random misfiring throughout the rpm range leaving the torque curve looking like a saw blade.

you talking about me? give me an excuse to splurge on magnacores. . . .
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 01:09 AM
Yes you!

Like I said, I have a dyno graph that looks just like yours too, from the same afternoon!
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 02:34 AM
Tom, it most certainly doesn't run out of breath. Hehe, I don't mind it being a little flat chested. It just makes her more aero dynamic! LOL

I'm at the minimum pulley size, but like I stated before there is something restricting my maximum boost becuase after the last pulley change I didn't see any increase at all even dropping what would equal about 2 full pulley sizes or should be about a 3-4lb increase. I'm pretty sure I'm limited by the 500 cfm cooler right now as the max flow of the S/C is 800 CFM which I should be pushing close to since I'm spinning it up to max impeller seed by the time I run to 7500 rpms.

Rick
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 03:01 AM
I'm actually pretty sure I'm outflowing the current cooler which is rated at 500 CFM's because I swapped the 2.83 to the 2.5 and didn't see an increase in boost as I'm still maxing at 10-11.

Rick you are killing the poor thing.
500cfm is probably 6000rpm for you.

{did the math}
Actually the 3L at a true 9psi and 6000rpm is over 500cfm.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 03:19 AM
That would explain why I'm seeing a peak around 6-6500 rpms of my boost pressure. Hehe, let's uncork this sucker!

Rick
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 06:41 AM

Some of my symptoms:

I had magnacores...then I switched back to my old FMS wires...the bucking went away for a while and came back. Then I changed the plugs...the bucking went away and came back....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
176.3 HP
150.6 TORQUE

LAST YEAR DYNO RESULTS

171.3 HP
146.8 TORQUE

I would like to state that last years numbers were on the Mustang dyno, not a DynoJet and I know Chad told me that his 176 hp pull was only up to 5500 rpm and on the last pull it put down 185, taking it to the redline. Only going by what the guy at the dyno told us last year, my car then put down 188 hp, with the 10% correction, give or take, so besides a smoother engine, did all the jabbing about cleaning the UIM/LIM do anything on this particular car
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 01:08 PM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:
176.3 HP
150.6 TORQUE

LAST YEAR DYNO RESULTS

171.3 HP
146.8 TORQUE

I would like to state that last years numbers were on the Mustang dyno, not a DynoJet and I know Chad told me that his 176 hp pull was only up to 5500 rpm and on the last pull it put down 185, taking it to the redline. Only going by what the guy at the dyno told us last year, my car then put down 188 hp, with the 10% correction, give or take, so besides a smoother engine, did all the jabbing about cleaning the UIM/LIM do anything on this particular car

3rd pull put down 184.73 hp and 151.91 torque when I had him go to 6750, seems like there wasn't all that much an increase after the UIM/LIM cleaning, plugs, wires, and fuel filter. ALthough throttle response and smoothness is greatly improved, I'm sure the increase in throtttle response just makes it "feel" more powerful. .

Atleast that means I didn't hurt it's performance, lol.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 01:40 PM
let's uncork this sucker!

i agree, but put me in the passanger seat first
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: post your dyno #'s from sz - 05/25/05 03:00 PM
Very nice job, is that a 100shot of nitrous doing that?

It was actually about a 60 shot. The Venom doesn't really tell you what "shot" you're running persay. Everything is in percentage. I did 188FWHP N/A due to the 24# injectors causing me to run REALLY rich(10:1 rich). I think a combination of the 11.2:1 CR, the nitrous leaning me back out, and the Venom kit being a little underrated, put me up at the #'s it did. Even with the 20% shot, which should only be around a 30HP increase, I actually gained 70FWHP!!

Mark
© CEG Archives