Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
what would it take ot get my car to run a 16 flat?

engine rebuild
SVT UIM, LIM, TB
Y-pipe
Catback exhaust
AEM intake
chip

what else would i need? because come a few weeks, i'll have about $1200 to use on my car if i wish..
Nitrous
Custom chip
Tranny cooler

A spare slushbox or two might be nice.
Headers or gutted precats would be a big help.
chip intake and exhaust should get you there, maybe an svt uim also

with heavy 17s, and my only mods being a superchip, svt uim, and kkm, ran a 16.3 @ 85mph

with 14" steelies and exhaust i prob would have seen a 16 flat or so

A prayer.. Russell, you finished your mtx swap? man that is fuggin awesome! please post some pics...
Grease 'er up and push her down a mine-shaft.
Originally posted by Stazi:

That's what I wanted to say but I tried to give the slushbox a little love with my post.
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

That's what I wanted to say but I tried to give the slushbox a little love with my post.

Yeah. Making an ATX equipped Contour "fast" is really a lost cause, but some of us are stuck with what we got. Oh well, a 3L swap might be in my future (that is if I can keep my tranny from dying).
Have a Lightning tow it down the strip.
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
A prayer.. Russell, you finished your mtx swap? man that is fuggin awesome! please post some pics...

for the most part, i need a new clutch though, so hopefully by xmas time ill have my spec clutch and flywheel
whats with the tranny being so crappy in these cars!

Hey, hey, hey!
ive got a 95 mystique v6 atx. My best has been a 17.216 with a broken tranny case and axles rubbing all the way down the track. My only mods are svt exhaust and cold air intake. I now have a built tranny with the shift kit and all and I gutted my precats and modded my Y-pipe. With a good cool down and good track conditions I would hope for 16's. come spring anyway
I ran a 16.9 in my Zetec ATX. I had chip, intake, UDP, header, and exhaust.

I don't know why, but I've been laughing about that for two hours... and I have an ATX.
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

I don't know why, but I've been laughing about that for two hours... and I have an ATX.

my friend said i could get a 16 flat stock.. if i rolled if off a cliff....
Originally posted by 99_SE:

Seriously though, you own two slushbox tours... if your interested in going fast why not sell both and buy yourself a MTX V6, with that upgrade you will already be in the 15's.
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
Originally posted by 99_SE:

Seriously though, you own two slushbox tours... if your interested in going fast why not sell both and buy yourself a MTX V6, with that upgrade you will already be in the 15's.

I'm getting a CSVT this spring and i just wanna fix up my DD oh yeah, i'm selling the tan one to my brother.. so i have the 99Se for about a few more weeks.. i'll soon have to change my name to 97_SE
Kickass, good luck with the hunt for your SVT. A lot of really nice ones have been popping up in the classifieds. If you are really interested in hooking up your SE, PM me i have some performance parts that i took off my beater you might be interested in. I have a 97 SE also...
get one of those 12 second deisel trucks to tow it?
Problem is any mtx duratec in my area are beat to sh%t or not aesthetically kept up on, and I want either an mtx is my current ride or, an mtx in my current ride

I have the best I could have for now. It's either have everything I want except the mtx, or the mtx with essentially, nothing else (I'd be lucky to see a good Duratec under the hood in my area) Realistically a tranny swap is financially out of the question, as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Only because of the above conditions do I stay happy with my Contour; I really have it good for what it's worth, though I itch for an mtx.
Originally posted by Pre98:
Problem is any mtx duratec in my area are beat to sh%t or not aesthetically kept up on, and I want either an mtx is my current ride or, an mtx in my current ride

I have the best I could have for now. It's either have everything I want except the mtx, or the mtx with essentially, nothing else (I'd be lucky to see a good Duratec under the hood in my area) Realistically a tranny swap is financially out of the question, as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Only because of the above conditions do I stay happy with my Contour; I really have it good for what it's worth, though I itch for an mtx.

if you want it bad enough you can do it

i made my atx duratec a 3L mtx

Yea, I hear that. When my ATX goes I plan to do an MTX swap...

My car stock, very well maintained nonetheless, ran a 16.8 in so-so weather(65 degrees 90% humidity, according to the slip). Thats with overdrive on, wish I would've known od off was a "sport mode".

Oh well, the track will be open again next year...
yeah.. i'm gonna spend some time at a local ford performace shop and see what they can do for our contours.. maybe with a little ecu re-working i can run a mid 16

oh yeah.. btw my insurance is 150 Mo.. for both contours plus whatever tickets, maitnance, gas.. whatever it needs..
This spring or summer I'm going to the track anyways so I'll get some times. I wish I could tune with an ecu reflash ontop of a dyno run. They are practically dream mods for an everyday guy like me.

On a side note Russell, I wish I coud achieve an accomplishment like that! Someday, trust me, someday!
as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Oh man...I was 18 when I bought my CSVT for $7000 (77k miles)..on my own. Payments were $107.00 a month and I paid the loan off 8 months early...How much did you pay for yours?
Have you ever ran the car in its current form?? If you do take it w/o a chip, be sure to turn off o/d as it apparently goes into a "sport mode" I didn't do that when I went before, but I will next time.
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
Have you ever ran the car in its current form?? If you do take it w/o a chip, be sure to turn off o/d as it apparently goes into a "sport mode" I didn't do that when I went before, but I will next time.

Theoretical at this time. I've seen one post that says it makes no difference. I clicked mine off & on... I didn't really feel any difference or observe a higher shift point in 'normal' driving, but at the track - WHO KNOWS??
Supposedly it shifts quicker and harder. I've played around with it a little on the street, haven't let if shift at WOT yet, partially because of the snow though. The shifts do seem to be quicker and more firm. If you think about what O/D off is intended to be used for, which would be towing, it makes sense because if it shifted and the clutches started to slip, adios amigos... Whereas if it shifts harder, being harder on the gears, there is less (if any) clutch slippage.

Sound right??
15.3x w/ OD on
15.02 w/ OD off

car is faster with OD off. period.
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
15.3x w/ OD on
15.02 w/ OD off

car is faster with OD off. period.

Cool! We have track proof! Thanks Russell.
Is that chipped or not??

3 tenths off my time would make my car run a 16.5 stock... Not too shabby for an auto...
thats with a 3L and other mods, and yes an ADC chip

plus alot of stuff needed fixed on my car also, not to mention stock single exhaust!
well i pay 149.00 on my inshurance

and thats just one car

Originally posted by s2pac:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Yeah. Making an ATX equipped Contour "fast" is really a lost cause, but some of us are stuck with what we got. Oh well, a 3L swap might be in my future (that is if I can keep my tranny from dying).

what about Hector? His S/C Zetec is pretty fast.
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

No it's not!
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by ALIAS Jerk:

No it's not!

Don't get mad Ross.
Is that chipped or not??

3 tenths off my time would make my car run a 16.5 stock... Not too shabby for an auto...

auto doesnt mean that much friend has a mid 9 second mustang that runs an auto, lol

even my gtp is auto and runs 13's
there is a difference...its called torque which makes up for the automatic.....
Originally posted by Putz:
Is that chipped or not??

auto doesnt mean that much friend has a mid 9 second mustang that runs an auto, lol

even my gtp is auto and runs 13's

true, but its not whats keeping him from running low et's

its the lack of tq

then again with the bang shifting of the 24v in my 98 im glad it has no tq or id be replacing transmissions all the time
get this guy to tow you

http://www.socaldiesel.com/duramax.wmv
Originally posted by CSVT985:
as I'm 19 and making crazy asz insurance payments on a part time job. Thank God the tour is only 107 a month!

Oh man...I was 18 when I bought my CSVT for $7000 (77k miles)..on my own. Payments were $107.00 a month and I paid the loan off 8 months early...How much did you pay for yours?

Holy late on reply, batman!

I paid 5,800.
© CEG Archives