Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 08:20 PM
Just the basics to start with folks.

All Forged 2.5L with a T3/4 hybrid at 16-17psi. (57 trim IIRC)

401 FWHP @ 6100 rpm & 381 FWTQ @ 5300 rpm

Without further ado I give you Suneil's dyno charts...

Talk amongst yourselves and I'm sure the juicy details will be filled in post haste.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 08:26 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

You Bastid!!!

(checks wallet for ADC kit money)

Fantastic!! Congrats Suneil!!
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 08:43 PM
Simply awesome! Congrats Suneil!
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 08:58 PM
Thanks for posting them Demon!

Yup, I'm damn excited, I'm flying to Phoenix tonight to pick her up. . .it's been a VERY long haul, but I'll post pics, videos, and details as soon as I get them. . .after the long 1200 mile ride home (I'm sure I'll be breaking the speed limit a LITTLE in the middle of nowhere West Texas). . .yeah!

Mucho, MUCHO thanks go to Keith and Chris (ADC) for building the entire kit+engine. Thanks for Demon, Warmonger, and Bill Jenkins for part sourcing, inane questions, and general trouble shooting. And thanks to MBNA, that funded this entire project

I'll post when I get back!

Suneil
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 08:59 PM
Fuggin awesome, you need to add a change of pants warning to the title!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 09:21 PM
Hot Damn! 401 to the ground. On a 2.5L none the less. Big time congrats, that's something to tell the grandkids about!

Mark
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 09:40 PM
Very, Very nice! If you don't mind informing some of us less informed folks here, how'd you go about doing this?

Did you have Chris and ADC build the entire setup for you? A little estimation of cost, just so us little guys can have soemthing to aspire too. That is absolutely amazing SS, huge congrats! "Props"!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 09:53 PM
congrats man!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 10:17 PM
WOW!
Posted By: 18psi2300 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/15/04 10:20 PM
Finally, somebody blowin some real boost pressures! Congrats man!
Posted By: amarv12_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 12:05 AM
AWESOME!
Posted By: bnoon_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 01:07 AM
Enjoy the top of the pile now... As soon as Rick gets the aftercooler core on that flows enough CFM, puts yet another smaller pulley on, and gets a tune that's something beyond a safe starting point, the bar will be raised again...

401 at the wheels... That's got to be a site to see when the car is trying to get it to the ground...zing ZING ZING!!! Anyone have a wetnap?
Posted By: Ronan_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 01:22 AM
Fantasic results. I cant wait to see some pics or vids of this monster!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 02:20 AM
So excited right now!
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 02:40 AM
That tune was on 17psi and with very good gas. The stock tune for crappy 91 octane AZ gas came out to 330 hp wheels. Still not too shabby.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 03:53 AM
Very cool. I would bet on you having the greatest overall contour I have ever seen....
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 04:47 AM
For the reverse bench racing folks that's edging near the 500 CRANK HP mark.

So he's packing around 490 crank ponies from 2.5 litres of Duratec Fury.

I too think the tires will cry mercy long into 3rd gear. Maybe 4th???
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 05:06 AM
Very nice numbers....need a vid.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 01:15 PM
Thats SOOOOO great. I wounder how much power that is at the crank?
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Keyser:
That tune was on 17psi and with very good gas. The stock tune for crappy 91 octane AZ gas came out to 330 hp wheels. Still not too shabby.

Hmmm...only 330whp on 91 octane? If I were Suneil, I'd send it back. Nice work Chris and Keith!

Awesome results, Suneil! Enjoy your safe drive home!
Posted By: stilov Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 02:59 PM
Well I am glad to hear it after the slave cylinder fiasco...
see Derek it was Suneil I was anxiously awaiting numbers from
Posted By: lsneo Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 04:49 PM
so....what time are we meeting.
Posted By: Steeltwo Re: New King of the Hill - 10/16/04 05:16 PM
that 57trim isn't even in its efficiency zone yet.

that turbo has WAAYYY more room to go. So I hope the motor and tranny can handle it.

i'd like to see 450hp of FWD smoking fury
Posted By: gearhead_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 03:04 AM
Holy crap!!! I've always wondered what Duratecs were capable of!! I knew they had to be a good engine capable of a lot of power. This proves it. Graduate Research Assistants must make a LOT of money....that engine along with the diff, tranny, overall drivetrain mods to handle all that power, must have cost a bundle!! Not to mention brakes to slow it all down.....
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Ali as Jerk:
I wounder how much power that is at the crank?

For the reverse bench racing folks that's edging near the 500 CRANK HP mark.

So he's packing around 490 crank ponies from 2.5 litres of Duratec Fury.

Gee, I don't know.

Perhaps the response you responded too maybe...
Posted By: contourGL1996 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 04:10 AM
man i wish i had money.....
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 10:24 AM
Originally posted by contourGL1996:

If you had "money", would you spend it on your contour?
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 04:23 PM
Suneil,

Congratulations. That is soo awesome that your engine can lay it down like that. Are you using the 60mm TB or the 70mm?
Did you do any intake manifold mods or is it just a straight SVT motor with forged internals?

Gotta go, good luck keeping your position. Just remember that you've all had a 'by' with me in Iraq for the past 8 months. In about 5-6 months you'd better watch out.

Later,

Tom
Posted By: zm830101 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/17/04 06:13 PM
haha...we have been warned!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 02:25 AM
Posted By: contourGL1996 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 03:06 AM
Originally posted by ResidentAdvisor:

if i could make it 400 hp......
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 03:42 AM
Holy DAMN, that was a LONG DRIVE.

It took me and my brother about 18.5 hours, we left Arizona at 7:30am and got to Houston, TX at 3am. The damn time zone screwed us out of 2 hours!

Like Chris said, on the street trim program, on 91 octane, I'm pushing 330ish, which is ENOUGH for the street, no kidding. The 401 could easily be beat, but I'll put a little more boost when I have a tank full of 109 and I'm willing to go up to 19lbs. But that won't be for awhile.

So screaming tires? YEAH, without a doubt, I'll be changing out tires soon enough. . .but I'll be honest, I haven't had too many problems with wheel hop, the engine brace Keith fabed for me works really well, and the Potenza S03's are bloody sticky.

I won't post prices of everything, but the upgraded t3/t4 kit is $500 more than the basic ADC kit (just check out www.arizonadynochip.com). ADC did the engine swap with all forged internals, here's a list of what was put on:

1. Cylinder Head has been P&P for turbo app, fit with 3L valves and ST220 Valve Springs complete with ARP Head Bolts
2. Diamond Piston Forged Flat Top, 9:1 CR
3. Pauter 4340 Chrome-Moly Forged Rods complete with 220k psi steel rod bolts
4. Fed-Mogul Main Bearings
5. Clevite 77 Rod Bearings
6. Fel-Pro Complete Gasket Kit
7. Upgraded Oil Pan and Windage Tray
8. Magnecor 8.5mm Wires
9. Triple-EH SVT UIM rated at ~190cfm (?)
10. 34/35mm SVT LIM
11. Custom Warmonger GT 70mm Throttle Body
12. Custom ADC-Magnaflow 3" cat back (stainless steel $$$)

I have to download some pics of the setup, and some random vids (I'll actually have to see what my bro video taped)

I did get pulled over, but got off with 2 warnings (expired registration and no front license plate, but I might have some of that on the vids. . . )

Posted By: tropictour Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 05:19 AM
I cant wait for the vids and pics. Thats awesome. Too bad I just left Houston to go to Seattle. But I will be back soon enough.
-tropictour
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ssmumich00:

I have to download some pics of the setup, and some random vids (I'll actually have to see what my bro video taped)

Week! I want to see a 160mph ticket.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 02:30 PM
Heck yea!

I want to see if the drivetrain can put that power down and get you into the 12's ...

Still GREAT work, makes for nice contour bragging rights
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 03:54 PM
What is the drivetrain, I know you have the torsen, but what clucth and axles?

Amazing contour, probably the #1 spot
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 04:49 PM
Drivetrain is giving me SOME problems. . .

I had it rebuilt out here in Houston before the install, and these dipsh$ts "rebuilt" it with, what Keith discovered in Arizona, a junkyard bell housing. . .and they put 90 weight oil in the tranny, which might explain why it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get it into 1st gear

But, I have the torsen, and 1 Stage 2 axle (the driver's side fit, the passenger's side was built about .25inches too short, I have to call them up and install one that fits, don't ask me why they're having problems with axles and contours).

Spec 3 + Stock SVT flywheel.

I'm looking into a bull dog tranny, or something well built (I missed that Rousch tranny on ebay a couple of days ago, oh well), to replace this "junkyard" one in a couple of years. . .

Driving to work today took about 3 minutes less. My commute is usually 10 minutes! I changed my program to 93 octane, and WOW, big difference between that and the 91 octane setting above 4k rpms.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 06:47 PM
I've got a box by terry, but not bulldog...and I don't think You would be able to fit a bulldog box?? Any input, Shaggy?
Posted By: izzodesh Re: New King of the Hill - 10/18/04 10:23 PM
the drive was def. worth it
gotta get the pics and vids up of you getting pulled over heheehe

i will vouch that this tour would stomp all over my sti on a roll

congrats bro
Posted By: mmarfan_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 02:34 AM
One thing that wasn't mentioned, do you have the secondaries on?

BTW output =
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 02:42 AM
Originally posted by mmarfan:

BTW output =

Two more things:

1. Dragon run '05

2. I hate you.

Fargin' awesome!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:11 AM
nice power

where is BurritaSVT?
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:14 AM

Where did they build in the switch for the different octane settings?

PS Just wait until you suprise a few vipers....

I though my car was capable of generating some laughable reactions, I cannot even imagine some of the things you will see.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:16 AM
He's only driving around with ~340hp. MIGHT surprise a viper by not getting completely left, but not gonna beat one.

Very nice numbers.

Now who are we gonna see 500 from?
Posted By: Shaggy_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:54 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
I've got a box by terry, but not bulldog...and I don't think You would be able to fit a bulldog box?? Any input, Shaggy?

It can fit, if properly done with hard lines, and a smaller manifold. I think Rick has pictures of his up somewhere. Pete, if you consider it, *insist* on hard lines. PM me if you want more details, or better yet search the archives. No flames needed or desired here. Keep it to PMs.
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

After the 30 or so blown motors...I'm not sure. Anything can happen though.

I'm off to the garage to turbo my Zetec.
Posted By: JB1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 04:33 AM

i have some ideas but thay are still many years from fruition
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 04:40 AM
Originally posted by mmarfan:

BTW output =

You bet.

It would SUCK driving without them, around town, boost doesn't even BEGIN to build until 3200rpm (ish) on WOT. . .so I pretty much, like stilov, am a sleeper tooling around until the hapless ricer approaches and stupidly raises his revs. . .

I realize it's ONLY 330-340 around town @ 12psi (which I'm thinking of taking to 15psi soon), but that's already double the output of the stock SVT engine, and readily is more at the crank than a 2004 S4, M3, 545i, 3-series, RX-8, Sti, EVO 8, 911, etc. . .not bad for a $10k investment, and yes, I haven't had any wheel hop issues or BIG traction problems yet, so I could take any of those cars from a roll, just not a Viper. . .YET!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 05:45 AM
Awesome. So what octane was the 401 pull at? You didn't miss anything with the Rousch trans, realy nothing special. Is DSS going to fix this axle problem or what. Your like the 3rd or 4th person to have this, there maybe more. Congrats man
Posted By: NO 4 EVR Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 07:51 AM
Originally posted by ResidentAdvisor:

if i could make it 400 hp......

Yeah, me too...
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 02:00 PM
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Awesome. So what octane was the 401 pull at? You didn't miss anything with the Rousch trans, realy nothing special. Is DSS going to fix this axle problem or what. Your like the 3rd or 4th person to have this, there maybe more. Congrats man

I beleive it was said earlier that this run was on 109 octane full race gas.

Congrats Suneil! FYI, my 396 was on 92 octane and just a base tune I'm hoping to get some corrected numbers later this winter.

Rick
Posted By: 1usedsvt Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 02:49 PM

Impressive, nice job man
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Congrats Suneil! FYI, my 396 was on 92 octane and just a base tune I'm hoping to get some corrected numbers later this winter.

Rick

hehe, OH DAYUM, it's on!!

Yeah, I don't think there's realistically anyway for me to push more than 350-360fwhp on 93 octane.

But ringing 160hp/L isn't too shabby on race gas , I'm almost POSITIVE you can hit the 500 crank mark with said tuning+109 race gas. Can't wait Rick!

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 04:02 PM
On an off note, maybe you could comment on those S03's? I am purchasing a set of 4 Pole Positions in a week, and I wanted some "real world" experience with them.. Some reviews say that they are TERRIBLE when compared to the S02 PP, and a few tire guys are telling me the exact opposite..

Maybe you could explain a little about their treadwear, noise, etc? (SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.... Thanks ..)

Ray
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 04:04 PM
It's definitely on Suneil! I don't know that I'll ever catch you on torque though since that's your bonus of the turbo. I might have a few more tricks up my sleeve though. There's still a few things I'm toying around with just for fun.

Rick
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 05:41 PM

Rick

hehe, OH DAYUM, it's on!!

Yeah, I don't think there's realistically anyway for me to push more than 350-360fwhp on 93 octane.

But ringing 160hp/L isn't too shabby on race gas , I'm almost POSITIVE you can hit the 500 crank mark with said tuning+109 race gas. Can't wait Rick!

So I take it that means my 328 wHP on 91 octane and around 8-9psi with the stock 60mm TB is ok? I've been knowing how that feels for many months and a whole set of tires.

Boy do I have plans..... <evil grin> When you're in Friggin Iraq for a year...you can come up with lots of ideas!

Good deal that you are still using the 70mm TB. I still miss it but I can build another when I get back. I'll have to build another to keep from choking out the motor with any additional boost. I only dyno'd with the 60mm to keep some consistency with the old dyno graphs for comparison.
I already proved that good power can be made with just modified stock exhaust manifolds. When I get back I am going to switch over to full headers again along with upgraded exhaust and of course the 70mm TB. I figure at the same boost pressure that will be good enough to put me really close to 350 wheels. My ultimate goal is to run 10-12 psi of boost once I get back to ADC to custom tune it and after I do all the little detail work on the intake and exhaust.
I am going to see just how far I can take the car on pump gas when I get back.
By the way, having the boost come on after the secondaries open up is the only way to go. That way you can actually get some decent around town and highway cruising mileage yet have the boost where it is needed.

Take care and congrats.
Oh BTW, can you tell me or email me a picture of that engine brace you have that eliminated wheel hop?
Also, check out the post I made in the 3L forum under "Big Dogs" or whatever it is called.

tom
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
On an off note, maybe you could comment on those S03's? I am purchasing a set of 4 Pole Positions in a week, and I wanted some "real world" experience with them.. Some reviews say that they are TERRIBLE when compared to the S02 PP, and a few tire guys are telling me the exact opposite..

Maybe you could explain a little about their treadwear, noise, etc? (SORRY FOR THE HIJACK.... Thanks ..)

Ray

The S03's are AWESOME, they are moderatley loud, but not nearly as loud as the KDW's I had on.

In terms of grip, they are wicked sticky, which I think has helped A LOT in the useless wheel spin department. . .it's funny, when Keith picked me up from the airport, we went back to the shop and on the way there, he wanted to show me how sick the power was, BAM, 2-3rd gear we were SAILING, but there was wheel spin in 2nd, a bit in third, but only for brief moments, they hooked up fast. Well, I got back to TX, and adjusted the rear struts (my Konis were on full soft for the ride home), and now there's almost minimal wheel spin, because the weight transfer has been minimized by stiffening the rear up. . .

The S03's are about as sticky as the RE070's (stock on '05 Sti's), but a little louder, so I guess you could look at those instead if you're concerned about a loud ride. . .but I drove back in the car for 18-20 hours, and honestly, the noise was negligible on REALLY crappy New Mexico and Texas roads.

TOM-
When I get under the car this weekend to change out some fluids, I'll see if I can take a pic of the brace. . .and I'll see what Keith did exactly so you can have an idea.

The 70mm fit PERFECTLY with the intercooler, slipped right in according to Keith, which made me pretty happy. . .thanks for doing that again, it was very selfless. . .in terms of piping sizing, it's perfect. . .

OH YEAH, let me tell y'all about MILEAGE>>>>I clocked 350 to one tank, filling up 11.9 gallons at the station routinely. . .that's like almost 30mpg highway driving RECKLESSLY!! I did keep it under 3500rpm though MOST of the way back, going about 85mph . .
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 06:21 PM
you know suneil, i dont know if you read, but my passenger side stage 2 axle was "supposedly" short by about 3/4", which is why it broke on the dyno a few weeks back. I sent it back to DSS and they said it was built to spec, however, the tripod in the housing is supposed to expand but mine was contracting. Got it back after they put on a new boot, and it fit gravy.

Btw, congrats on the numbers!
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 07:27 PM
Quick question:

Any reason you went with the CR pistons you did and not lower? I haven't been following so I'm not sure if I missed something or not.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 08:09 PM
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
you know suneil, i dont know if you read, but my passenger side stage 2 axle was "supposedly" short by about 3/4", which is why it broke on the dyno a few weeks back. I sent it back to DSS and they said it was built to spec, however, the tripod in the housing is supposed to expand but mine was contracting. Got it back after they put on a new boot, and it fit gravy.

Btw, congrats on the numbers!

WOW, that's really weird, on compression, my passenger side stage 2 was .25 inches short, and about .55 inches short when uncompresssed. . .so what did you do, just call them, send it back, and checked the new one?

That's great to know, I'll point that out when I contact them and let them know about the tripod in the housing not expanding.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 08:13 PM
Originally posted by SalKhan:
Quick question:

Any reason you went with the CR pistons you did and not lower? I haven't been following so I'm not sure if I missed something or not.

Well, ideally the 9:1 was supposed to be low enough to run high boost but not so low that I'd loose significant "around the town" power, so to speak. But, in reality, what ADC found was that because I had turbo spec heads done and a little more was taken out, my compression was actually more like 8.5:1, not exactly 9:1. . .but I think it's an ideal number, whatever my real CR really is (somewhere inbetween 8.5 to 9:1), since I don't have much lag at all, there's a reduced risk of detonation, and I still retain much of the around the town zip my 10:1 CR previously gave. . .
Posted By: Stazi Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 08:24 PM
Originally posted by warmonger:
Oh BTW, can you tell me or email me a picture of that engine brace you have that eliminated wheel hop?
Also, check out the post I made in the 3L forum under "Big Dogs" or whatever it is called.

tom

http://groups.msn.com/KeyserSVT/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=19
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

tom

hmm, cool, there it is. . .
Posted By: 2.3Turbochicken Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Ray:

Ray

Ray didnt I sell you some s-02's?? you didnt like em?
Derek
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/19/04 10:04 PM
Actually, Derek, I LOVED THEM..

They are stickier than I thought any tire could be, and wore quite evenly. The tire noise was "desirable", though not quiet. Treadwear was on the VERY low end, but that is a given when you want sticky tires.

I wanted to get another set of S02 PP's, but they are discontinued, and I couldn't find another set. I was going to "settle" for the S03 PP's (I say "settle", when I don't even know for sure how well they work..), but wanted someone to back up either end of the spectrum that I had heard. Some reviews online stated they weren't as good as their predecessors, and a few people seemed to love them, ranking them far above the S02's..

Just curious was all..

Ray
Posted By: ezsvt Re: New King of the Hill - 10/20/04 01:08 AM
wow! now get that sucker to the track and put down some killer numbers!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/20/04 01:25 AM
Pretty much I explained to them that it failed on the dyno on a 4th gear pull making only 220 whp. It only had about 350 miles on it of soft driven miles. Anyways, even though I had more axles for more than 6 months (over year exactly) to fall under warranty, they still said send it back and they fixed it free of charge. Im not sure what was different the second time around because they sent back the same axle, but it fit perfectly. Maybe it was because they fixed the tripod.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/20/04 02:57 PM
PICS OF TURBO, ETC.

I called DSS up yesterday, got an RMA number, they seem pretty cool about it, I probably won't replace the axle until I bust the stock one that's on. . .

I'm not very happy with all of the problems we're having, these things SUCK. . .hell, the stock passenger side axle could take the 401fwhp. . .WTF?

Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 10/20/04 03:28 PM

I'm not very happy with all of the problems we're having, these things SUCK. . .hell, the stock passenger side axle could take the 401fwhp. . .WTF?

But who knows for how long. You don't want to get stranded some were because you broke an axle. At least DSS is cool about fixing them. Hopefully everybody that orders one doesn't have to send one back though.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New King of the Hill - 10/20/04 04:26 PM

tom

If I got my bearings right from looking at that picture, the mount will allow a little F-R movement, but nearly all of the rotational movement is eliminated?

Posted By: NothernMystique Re: New King of the Hill - 11/10/04 03:55 AM
Alright gents, I love this... Sleepers rock. I have started speaking with Keith at ADC (He told me that people call him 5 times before they put out the cash, I of course will be no exception)I'm in a 99 mystique 2.5mtx with 60k on her I need some feedback on how this will hurt my car due to its non-SVT internals.

BTW I'm going to install it myself.

More importantly congrats to the new king!!!

Pete

Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 11/10/04 06:49 AM
I'm not sure exactly.

But it'd be damn nice to see the neglected Mystique putting down a ground pounding 450 hp!
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/10/04 08:32 PM
Originally posted by NothernMystique:
Alright gents, I love this... Sleepers rock. I have started speaking with Keith at ADC (He told me that people call him 5 times before they put out the cash, I of course will be no exception)I'm in a 99 mystique 2.5mtx with 60k on her I need some feedback on how this will hurt my car due to its non-SVT internals.

BTW I'm going to install it myself.

More importantly congrats to the new king!!!

Pete

I would at least put a minimum of forged pistons just for the ease of mind.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 04:54 AM
yeah but if ya do the pistons, might as well do the rods, and then the bearings are a necessity anyways. . .it adds up in the end
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:02 AM
Definitely.

You don't get 400 horsepower by just a simple turbocharger.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 07:00 AM
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Definitely.

That all depends.

Certainly just bolting on a turbo can give 400 HP. That's an easy given.

However if the stock pistons & rods can handle it is another question altogether now. "To date" we know 330ish is safe with a good tune.
Eventually we'll know their "true" safe limits.

Still 330 wheels from a small V6 is impressive for OEM parts designed for general NA applications.
Posted By: JB1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 07:03 AM
hmmm.....it sounds like we need someone with really deep pockets and a burning desire for destruction to find out what the final limits are. lol
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 04:42 PM
Definitely.

That all depends.

However if the stock pistons & rods can handle it is another question altogether now. "To date" we know 330ish is safe with a good tune.

Still 330 wheels from a small V6 is impressive for OEM parts designed for general NA applications.

Ok ok Master Demon.

You don't get 400 horsepower for very long by way of just a turbocharger.

I'll agree though. 330 at the wheels is damn impressive for a V6.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:22 PM

why not? Harolds turbo Maxima puts down high 400 wheel hp on his stock motor with pump gas.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:35 PM
That's not a Contour.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:41 PM
Originally posted by todras:
That's not a Contour.

Slap a T-66 on a contour, and youll get the same result.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:49 PM
why not? Harolds turbo Maxima puts down high 400 wheel hp on his stock motor with pump gas.

He's been through quite a few engines though.

Like I said someone is bound to do it to the Duratec sooner or later and find it's limits.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 05:55 PM
yes, hes been through quite a few engines. (6 iirc) Mostly because of his own insanity though lol. I mean, who runs 15 psi and 150 shot on nitrous without any tune at all? That motor lasted 18 hours after installing it. He just replaced the motor he had a couple weeks ago with a used one because the waterpump was bad LMAO! Apparentely, its easier to just install a new engine than to install a new waterpump according to him. This new stock motor with about 11.9:1 air/fuel tune has already seen 23 psi with a T-66 and its still holding together nicely. Im sure those Nissan motors are built better no doubt.

btw, last weekend he ran a new best of 11.9 @ 125!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/11/04 09:12 PM
FWD too.
Posted By: Stazi Re: New King of the Hill - 11/12/04 02:13 PM
yes, hes been through quite a few engines. (6 iirc) Mostly because of his own insanity though lol. I mean, who runs 15 psi and 150 shot on nitrous without any tune at all? That motor lasted 18 hours after installing it. He just replaced the motor he had a couple weeks ago with a used one because the waterpump was bad LMAO! Apparentely, its easier to just install a new engine than to install a new waterpump according to him. This new stock motor with about 11.9:1 air/fuel tune has already seen 23 psi with a T-66 and its still holding together nicely. Im sure those Nissan motors are built better no doubt.

btw, last weekend he ran a new best of 11.9 @ 125!

Jesus that's a fast Maxima!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 11/13/04 08:53 AM
Definitely.

That all depends.

Ok ok Master Demon.

You don't get 400 horsepower for very long by way of just a turbocharger.

I'll agree though. 330 at the wheels is damn impressive for a V6.

Why not? Mine has been doing it for going on 10 months now on pump gas. I take that back, I detuned it to 315 wheels when I left.
330 wheels is pretty close to 400 HP at the crank. I'm very confident that with pump gas it will run 350 wheels all day long.
The part that you can be concerned with for the stopckl pistons is that they can sustain 330 Ft-lbs of torque on pump gas!!!
The rods can handle higher rpms, at least 8K. The turbo motor can actually reduce some of the stress of high-torque tensile loads that will break a rod if it were in a NA motor with the same load.
Will the pistons handle 400 wHP on pump gas and high rpm??? I don't know but I'm guessing it doesn't take 330 ft-lbs at 7000 rpm to make 400 wHP. IT is definitely possible.
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 11/13/04 02:54 PM
[sigh]

I just need to shut up.
Posted By: Augi Re: New King of the Hill - 12/26/04 09:19 AM
hey man, thats awsome, but you droped your torque (like it matters)
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 12/26/04 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Augi:

umm...doesnt every dyno graph.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: New King of the Hill - 12/27/04 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Augi:

umm...doesnt every dyno graph.

genius
Posted By: fastcougar_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/03/05 05:43 PM
One question ... what size injectors are you running Suneil?
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/03/05 07:16 PM
Originally posted by fastcougar:
One question ... what size injectors are you running Suneil?

Taken from the website in his sig. Injectors-6 42# Ford
Posted By: 99cougar Re: New King of the Hill - 01/03/05 09:51 PM
I know that that(speaking of suneil) is probably as much power as you could ever use(or too much) on a daily driver, but i don't see all the fuss about getting over the 500 hp mark. If someone wanted that much dyno queen power all they have to do is throw some bigger injectors in there and get a good tune. Oh yeah and stop at the gas station every 150 miles!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New King of the Hill - 01/03/05 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 99cougar:
I know that that(speaking of suneil) is probably as much power as you could ever use(or too much) on a daily driver, but i don't see all the fuss about getting over the 500 hp mark. If someone wanted that much dyno queen power all they have to do is throw some bigger injectors in there and get a good tune. Oh yeah and stop at the gas station every 150 miles!

You're kidding right? You don't think he's maxing his turbo out? Not sure where the misconception came from that bigger injectors = more hp, but it's NOT correct. Bigger injectors won't be needed unless he starts to max the 42#'s out.

Mark
Posted By: stilov Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 12:02 AM
ding ding ding ....round 2!!!!
Posted By: 99cougar Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 03:19 AM
Hello i am not a dumbass i know more fuel doesn't = more HP. If you put a bigger wheel in that same turbo and ding ding ding there you go. Maybe a whole different turbo. All i am saying is it is no big deal 500 Hp, its all in where you want that power...at 5 grand or 7500...
Posted By: JB1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 03:40 AM
Originally posted by 99cougar:
All i am saying is it is no big deal 500 Hp, its all in where you want that power...at 5 grand or 7500...

and this right here is why 500hp is a big deal. we are talking about useable power. not dyno queen power.
Posted By: Keyser Soze Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 05:11 AM
If Suneil wants more power he needs to change the AR on the turbine side. If you look at his graph you can see the exhaust flow is too much with those Kinger heads for the .63 he has. Changing to an .82 could net him 50 more hp but with a slightly later threash hold and a bit more lag. A 3L should certainly have a .82 and probably a 60 trim compressor as opposed to the 57 he has now.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Keyser:
A 3L should certainly have a .82 and probably a 60 trim compressor as opposed to the 57 he has now.

Seems that is exactly what I told Tom to get about what... 2 years ago now...
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 06:32 PM
i think what I have is enough. . .actually too much, who knows how long it'll take it . . . .
Posted By: Stazi Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 07:11 PM
I'm gonna rebuild my engine in late winter.

I have low CR Diamond pistons that I'm putting in. I'll also mildly port (clean-up) the heads and fit the larger 3L valves.

Obviously I will be upp'ing to 42# injectors, an INTERCOOLER, and a GT28RLS.
Posted By: 99cougar Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 07:46 PM
I CAN'T WAIT TIL I GET OUT OF SCHOOL!!!

(sorry for yelling) lol
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 09:55 PM
One of you turbo gods HAS to figure out a FMIC. I think it would look deadly on one of our cars. I know it's been said that it isn't possible, but that right there would be the motivation to make the impossible happen.

-SAV
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 10:24 PM
Originally posted by SAV:
One of you turbo gods HAS to figure out a FMIC. I think it would look deadly on one of our cars. I know it's been said that it isn't possible, but that right there would be the motivation to make the impossible happen.

-SAV

Who cares about looks over function. Oh nevermind there is a whole crowd about that.

A FMIC would choke off the airflow to the radiator and you would have to lose the A/C system as well.
Neither of which I would recommend nor would myself even remotely consider.

Well actually I did consider it remotely but came to the same conclusion over and over hence this information.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 10:47 PM
I've got no A/C in my Turbo tour, unfortunately I'm done putting money into it so I'll let the next owner figure out a FMIC.
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 11:12 PM

Well actually I did consider it remotely but came to the same conclusion over and over hence this information.

I knew you'd come out truthfully sooner or later.

-SAV
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 11:28 PM
I knew you'd come out truthfully sooner or later.

You want to know the worst part about it. It was for a supercharger setup idea I had once... Shhhh... Don't tell anyone I used the S/C word...
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 01/04/05 11:36 PM
LMAO! Your secret is safe with me.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 03:06 AM
I think it would ONLY work, after spending a weekend under the car, if we extended the bumper farther out (j/k!). . .but like Demon said, it would completley choke off the radiator, and you NEED ALL OF THE AIR you can get to cool anything this powerful and hot off. . . .

On a more ricey note, I like the "heat exchanger that looks like a mini FMIC" look on my car, I'll take a pic and post if no one knows what I'm talking about. . .

And on a more functional horsepower note, Demon you think it would be a worthwhile upgrade to remove my driver's side fog light and add a air scoop directed towards the 7" K&N? Should I use a larger air filter to squeeze out a little more? What was that calculation for size of filter and cfm?
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 03:19 AM
ssmumich00 I think with the power you have you should try to get it to the ground. I know you have no grip 1st through 3rd with that much power. I run 13 psi and spin tires all through third even on top third. Have you ran your car at the track yet. I think the intercooler you have is well suffice because I am still using the smaller core running 13 psi with no pinging or heat problems. The intercooler he has is definitly better than an Air to Air. I am adding Water injection to mine tomorrow and going try to push 15 psi through it watching My EGT like a hawk.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 03:29 AM
You can make a scoop that attaches to where the left radiator air deflector goes/is. I cut the deflector apart, grafted a scoop onto it, and reinstalled it. I attached a hose to the back and routed it up to the air filter area. It dumps angled across the length of the filter. Also the airflow pushes back any heat seep from the other side of the heat shield.

It makes a very nice forced, fresh air source to the filter area. When moving my IAT is always at ambient temperature.
Posted By: stilov Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 03:38 AM
I haven't decided on my intercooler for the new set-up...got in on the GB of diamond pistons...thanks to Chris and Keith...they're the best, I have my 3L apart, and everything looks great...I think i decided on my new turbo we'll see...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 06:20 AM
I'm gonna rebuild my engine in late winter.

I have low CR Diamond pistons that I'm putting in. I'll also mildly port (clean-up) the heads and fit the larger 3L valves.

Obviously I will be upp'ing to 42# injectors, an INTERCOOLER, and a GT28RLS.

Bout time. Have you figured out an intercooler yet? Someone that lives by you has a setup that will work for you.

About intercoolers, I think an air/air is better for our apps anyways, we don't run drag race cars, but you have to live with what works. Getting a fmic to fit aside, I wonder if modifiing the air dam would work to get air flow to the rad, or maybe pipe some air in?
Posted By: tropictour Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 12:59 PM
What about twin sidemounts? Kinda like the 300Z? I dont know just throwing out ideas.
-tropictour
Posted By: Stazi Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 02:40 PM
Even more ludicrous, as geting two sets of pipes to the front is even more of a headache and it'll have lag and pressure drops like a MOFO.

I might look into buying Bronco's Water IC.

I have an FMIC in a box, and am toying with losing the A/C.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 03:36 PM
Only way of getting an FMIC to fit under the front bumper would be to hack out the entire area where the lower grill is and then throw a restriction in front of the radiator and A/C condenser as well. It really just isn't practical with the piping and space on our cars to even consider it.

Rick
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 05:40 PM
It really just isn't practical ...

Yeah, that may be true. But is it practical to have 396 whp in a front drive Contour?

-SAV
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 05:53 PM
For road racing yes...
It really just isn't practical ...

Yeah, that may be true. But is it practical to have 396 whp in a front drive Contour?

-SAV

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 06:38 PM
By practical I meant in the way of it is most likely going to be less efficient than a properly sized water to air unit, take more time and effort to make work, hack the crap out of your car, and most likely cost the same or more by the time you get done fabbing everything.

In regards to 396 being practical, it is useful on a road course when I can keep up with and slowly chase down 03/04 cobras in the top end and outrun most other things on the track in the straights. I'm hoping to post a better number this spring once I get the car tuned and a few other goodies reworked on the intake side of things.

Rick
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/05/05 09:27 PM
By practical I meant in the way of it is most likely going to be less efficient than a properly sized water to air unit, take more time and effort to make work, hack the crap out of your car, and most likely cost the same or more by the time you get done fabbing everything.

In regards to 396 being practical, it is useful on a road course when I can keep up with and slowly chase down 03/04 cobras in the top end and outrun most other things on the track in the straights. I'm hoping to post a better number this spring once I get the car tuned and a few other goodies reworked on the intake side of things.

Rick

Can't wait to see...make sure to post some vids.
Posted By: SAV Re: New King of the Hill - 01/06/05 12:26 AM

Rick

I know Rick, I was just pullin' your leg.

GL on those new numbers though, one of you boys is bound to dyno at that magical 500 mark sooner or later.

-SAV
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New King of the Hill - 01/06/05 05:39 PM
LMAO! Your secret is safe with me.

$10 to keep my mouth shut. (holds out hand)
Posted By: BOSS122_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/07/05 03:40 AM

Probably some Zetec owner that comes out of nowhere.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: New King of the Hill - 01/07/05 03:42 AM
Originally posted by BOSS122:

Probably some Zetec owner that comes out of nowhere.

If I didn't have an ATX...I'd be close! Would have gone turbo instead of supercharger.
Posted By: ssmumich00_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 07/20/05 03:32 PM
bump. . .
Posted By: Batmobile_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 07/20/05 03:39 PM
oh i hate the theivery
Posted By: GreenNuggs_dup1 Re: New King of the Hill - 07/20/05 04:57 PM
i don't know why, but that auction looks all [censored] up in Firefox and IE6. You have to scroll right, there is tons of whitespace all over the place.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: New King of the Hill - 07/21/05 05:28 AM
Originally posted by GreenNuggs:
i don't know why, but that auction looks all [censored] up in Firefox and IE6. You have to scroll right, there is tons of whitespace all over the place.

Im with u on that..wow your in dracut!!
© CEG Archives