Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Taking the Jetta to the track this week. I ran a 15.68 last time at the track. At the time I had modded air box (opened fender side and front side of box on the bottom below where the filter rests) which allows for colder air and more of it to get in the engine & 2.5" Techtonic Tuning SS cat back.

I now have a GIAC v.11 chip and 268 Cams with a tighter suspension and new clutch with short shifter. any guesses on what i might run?

~Andrew
Posted By: SAV Re: What's your opinion....1/4 mile guesstimate - 08/16/04 02:17 AM
Faster than 15.68...
I'd say 15.2 but i'm just guessing
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Faster than 15.68...

Not garunteed. Conditions may be worse for the upcoming run, so you might even wind up running slower.
Posted By: SAV Re: What's your opinion....1/4 mile guesstimate - 08/16/04 05:08 PM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Originally posted by SAV-ZX2:
Faster than 15.68...

Not garunteed. Conditions may be worse for the upcoming run, so you might even wind up running slower.

By God, Eric speaks the truth. Too bad he didn't note the smiley meant I was kidding.
I'd shoot for about 14.9 with identical conditions. possibly better if it's colder and you run behind a rail car after his burnout...
Holy bump batman!
Originally posted by Pimpalicious316:
Taking the Jetta to the track this week. I ran a 15.68 last time at the track. At the time I had modded air box (opened fender side and front side of box on the bottom below where the filter rests) which allows for colder air and more of it to get in the engine & 2.5" Techtonic Tuning SS cat back.

I now have a GIAC v.11 chip and 268 Cams with a tighter suspension and new clutch with short shifter. any guesses on what i might run?

~Andrew

not to be mean or dising your car or anything, but you could only get a time of 15.68 on a car with that much power? I mean good grief....stock se times are in the high 15's with only 170 crank hp. Do you have a trunk full of gold in that thing?
DUDE,wheelspin much?

My buddy with a 1.8T at 19Lbs,ran that not being able to launch,barely being able to shift,and that was after sitting in line for 30 minutes.Assuming you could hook up at all in the first 3 gears,you should be able to get low or mid 14's
I think you should be getting better times with all the whp under that car.
This thread is 2 years old! Who knows what mods he had then

WTH is with everyone reviving old azz dyno threads lately?
lmao. talk about a shock to see this thread come back up. holy crap.

i had only the mods listed in my post at the time. since then i have gone forced induction with the current stats in my sig.

~Andrew
© CEG Archives