Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 04:25 AM

I still can't find a way to launch this car it driving me crazy. Oh I can't wait till winter time.
Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 04:34 AM
Originally posted by BurritaSVT:
I still can't find a way to launch this car it driving me crazy. Oh I can't wait till winter time.

Tell them to melt down that slippery ice block you're launching on next time, so you can get that 60' time lower

It must feel really good to own a Z28 by almost 10mph on the trap with a car that has almost half its displacement
Power to the turbo ovals,

Good job man,

Tim
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 04:49 AM
That looks like noone can get a real good launch there. Find a new track, get some wider tires, work on the suspension,, just do whatever you can to get traction.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 06:40 AM
Well I suppose I should stop making fun of you now.
Well at least until I go out to the track with my drag radials.

As for launching...

Your best bet is a moderate roll into the throttle from about 2500rpm and never exceed 2/3 pedal in 1st gear. Yes I understand it's hard not to nail the pedal but restraint is A MUST!!!

A quick shift to 2nd and then 3/4 pedal in 2nd until the tires settle or you reach 6500rpm.

Once in 3rd you can let it all hang out.

Another good idea is BETTER TIRES!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 06:47 AM
restraint. . . hahaha! good advice, but damn hard to practice! my first time i tried restraint (to keep wheelhop at a min), but forgot about that as soon as i saw the last yellow light up! oops!

bad launches or not, those times are still pretty impressive. congrats!
Posted By: akrump47 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

As for launching...

Your best bet is a moderate roll into the throttle from about 2500rpm and never exceed 2/3 pedal in 1st gear. Yes I understand it's hard not to nail the pedal but restraint is A MUST!!!

A quick shift to 2nd and then 3/4 pedal in 2nd until the tires settle or you reach 6500rpm.

Once in 3rd you can let it all hang out.

So is this just for Turbo cars or does it apply to NA 2.5/3L SVT's as well?
Posted By: Chode Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 02:07 PM
What tires are you using, or does it really matter. Do no tires work well?
Posted By: izzodesh Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 02:23 PM
awesome trap speed!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 02:50 PM
Originally posted by CEGnewbie:
What tires are you using, or does it really matter. Do no tires work well?

See my post: "New 1/4mile record! (For me)" and see my 60' times.. I think Warmonger is also running those same tires but on his SVT Focus wheels.. Granted I don't have a turbo, but I do have "restraint"

Mark
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 04:11 PM
You really are overlooking the effectiveness in the solid motor mount in quelling wheel hop, stop complaining and built one.

As for launch technique I ride the clutch out at the point the car hits full boost 3800 for me. I have felt that if I go any lower my initial gas pedal modulation for low boost is thrown off by the rapid change in hp. Riding the clutch out allows me to compensate equally through first gear.

With this technique in first gear I have been only 1 car behind numerous high powered 4wd cars such as evo and sti.
Posted By: svt4b Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 11:10 PM
how exactly did you do your "solid mount"? did you use windowweld? or is it like keysers setup? ive been meaning to do something because my car wont stay down unless im too soft on it and then my times lick nutz.
Posted By: GIT-R-DONE Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/29/04 11:45 PM
why on the left slip your 610, and the right your 616?

anyways , great times, cant wait to see what happens when the traction issue gets takin care of.

oh yeah, with all theses vids of yours floating around, did you make one at the track?
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/30/04 01:42 AM
Funny I just noticed too about the car number must have been that blonde hair girl in the tower getting it all mixed up........ . I brought my cam that night but forgot to charge up the battery. I will go race Saturady night and bring my cam that night. I am using falken Azenis tires for launching. Those launches was just starting off with no popping clutch. I tried to pop clutch but just spins stupid so I bog then once I hit 4000 rpms it goes. And second gears spins the whole way but still pulls the car pretty quick forward. Once in third gear it all over then. I ordered the greddy electronic boost pro-f E01 I believe it wil help down low.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/30/04 05:37 AM
I have what keyser has, it disconnected itself today and the difference is amazing, you would have to be an idiot to spend all the money to buy a turbo and not weld one up.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/30/04 01:19 PM
nice times!
Posted By: ezsvt Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/31/04 03:19 PM
nice times, although I also was wondering how your car number changed. Also what kind of z28 was that? If tis anything newer thats a horible time for one.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 07/31/04 04:08 PM
Very consistant! Great times, too!
What kind of power are you putting down w/ 11psi?
Posted By: NewFordContourOwner Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 08:46 AM
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 12:17 PM
im so glad we brought up all these old posts from like 2 years ago.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 01:53 PM
I wish I had a ban button right now. I'd press the hell out of it.

Mark
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 02:09 PM
Originally posted by NewFordContourOwner:

In case you're not checking your PMs - this is post whoring. I counted 26 times you double-posted or did this cute trick. Stop now. You have been warned.
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Originally posted by NewFordContourOwner:

In case you're not checking your PMs - this is post whoring. I counted 26 times you double-posted or did this cute trick. Stop now. You have been warned.

He has 25 posts and has used all of them to clutter the boards with 2 year old threads. What are you waiting for?
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: New Timeslips Turbo 11psi - 03/28/06 02:29 PM
Yoda says, "One post whoring spree does not bannination make."

He's on my radar, but if he keeps it legit from here on, I have no problem with him sticking around. Everyone gets a second chance with me - when I've had my coffee

Really, it's not CEG policy to ban very quickly. Maybe he thought he could boost his post count without anyone seeing, if he did it in old threads. That's dumb, but not malicious.
© CEG Archives