Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
UPS man came today :D:D

Continental ContiExtremeContact all season 215/45/17

The whole package...

Icon W61s, gunmetal with a polished lip (from ATL-SVTs group buy!)

And my tires sitting next to my friends 35" swampers on his Ram.

They're being mounted and balanced now, its rainy and nasty out, but i will have pictures on the car in a few hours
Posted By: baco99 Re: [/56k]Look what the UPS man brought ME! - 10/28/03 06:51 PM
Jealous! I wish I had cash right now...
Those are the tires I am about to buy! How much?
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Those are the tires I am about to buy! How much?

$110 at discount tire, or $89 at tirerack. $408 with tax and shipping (they were UPS ground, but they got here in 1 day) and figure $12-15 each for mounting and balancing (still cheaper than discount tire). They come with a road hazard protection from Continental too!

I'm coming off of BFG comp t/a's that the guy at tire rack says is actually a bit inferior to the contis b/c of newer compound/tread technology, and for $60 less per tire!
Posted By: nospeed Re: [/56k]Look what the UPS man brought ME! - 10/28/03 08:31 PM
Are Icon wheels made by APC?
Bastage! Those are the wheels I wanted Post pics when you get them on.

-R-
Posted By: IonNinja Re: [/56k]Look what the UPS man brought ME! - 10/28/03 08:48 PM
its a good feeling to see your wheels come in...good choice.
Originally posted by NOSPEED:
Are Icon wheels made by APC?

yup.

Also- I just got back from the tire shop... the holes for the lug nuts are too small, so I needed to special order socket lugs that are torqued at the end and on the inside of the lug nut, rather than around the outside. No big deal, just a minor snafu, but hopefully these will work!! I will post pics tomorrow afternoon of the finished product.
Originally posted by Kung Fu Joe:
Bastage! Those are the wheels I wanted Post pics when you get them on.

-R-

Hey... i've got 4 of them, never installed, with brand new rubber... i'll trade you straight up for that Acura ricer type-s thing you've got!!
Originally posted by baco99:
Jealous! I wish I had cash right now...

I am with you on that one, will need to get wheels and tires in the spring
Continentals.... good choice my friend. My tour had them as OEM and I'm going back as soon as these POS Goodyears wear out.
hey those look like my tires! i think contiextremes will soon be the official tire of CEG.
That's all nice, but I see some "Big D!ck suspension" on that Ram!! Very nice!
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
That's all nice, but I see some "Big D!ck suspension" on that Ram!! Very nice!

yeah, its a niiiiiice truck!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/4x4beergunsnsex

Check it out... its funny as hell!

And i didn't realize many people had the contiextremecontacts... is this the new BFG KDW??? In that case, maybe I should've bought RS5s... the official rim of CEG
I have the stock size of those tires. I love them! Awesome ride and great in the rain. However, my gas mileage dropped about 2 mpg . Anybody else experience this? I am running 35 psi in all of them. I had BFG Touring T/A before.
I just got the same tires, need to get my lazy butt to the tire place and get them mounted especially since I keep driving in the rain on bald nittos. Sorta fun but dangerous. I got them with fedex shipping from tirerack for $389.80. They're not the best LOOKING tire to me, but from what I've heard they're great and probably will be CEG's new official tire. Maybe I'll get them on Friday.
those are the wheels i was odering this winter.....damn....how much was the hole set up...tires/wheels?
and what size?
Originally posted by parkedcar:
those are the wheels i was odering this winter.....damn....how much was the hole set up...tires/wheels?
and what size?

The wheels are 17", the tires 215/45/17s. The whole thing, rims, tires, lug nuts, all taxes and shipping costs, plus mounting and balancing, came to about $875. More than I initially budgeted, but hey, sometimes its worth it, right?

and Kremit... how did you get the tires cheaper than I did?? I live less than 2 hours from tirerack's warehouse! you sure they're the same tires?
mmmmmmmmm those rims would go really nice on my rex.
Originally posted by mbSVT:

and Kremit... how did you get the tires cheaper than I did?? I live less than 2 hours from tirerack's warehouse! you sure they're the same tires?

I don't think I had to pay any taxes.
© CEG Archives