Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well theres always been talk of it but noones done it, so i'll do it estimate them coming in at $15 (no profit)

Now, here's what i want, no bs.

Pics must be ATLEAST 1600x1200, if they're smaller dont waste my time, i dont want this to look like junk and anything less than very big is too small to turn out well in print.

I do NOT want 5000 pics of the same car, lets have options. People do not still have to be CEG members, they can be past members' tours if you have pics.

Good color quality, color washed or scanned pics most likely will not cut it, a few of you have scanners that are worthy so all is not lost but if the black looks gray fix it or its trash.

No half completed projects... if theres primer on the car it gets no love, if the body looks like crap it gets no love, so on and so forth.

Action shots are also welcome!
If i can get a stickey on this thread i'm sure it'd help, i'd like to have all the pics gathered by the end of the month so i can get the calendar produced in november and up for sale in december
Gracias
I've got a few cars you should try for.

Dean Joyce - Lets face it, his car is sweet.

JLabs - And so is his,

SVT St. Pete - The same.

And I'm sorry for not remembering you off hand. The guy with the new front end, maybe the entire kit, with a wing and the red and black paint job. I've got your car as my desktop so don't be pissed.

Lets not forget some of the pre-98s

There should be at least one of each kind of car.

Pre98 stique, pre98 tour, post 98 tour and post98 stique. Not to forget the SVT. Everything else is up for grabs.

Just my opinions. BTW, I would so buy one of these.
Matt,
I was actaully looking into doing this. I'll look through my massive pic collection and shoot you over some HQ ones that I think would be worth considering.

I think 14 pics would be ideal:
12 months
cover
back cover

PM me if you want to throw some ideas around.

~Pete

PS Thanks for the compliment Obsidian.
Originally posted by Obsidian:
I've got a few cars you should try for.
And I'm sorry for not remembering you off hand. The guy with the new front end, maybe the entire kit, with a wing and the red and black paint job. I've got your car as my desktop so don't be pissed.

that's SpeedDemon's car...the one who started this thread
(and it's just the front end, in case ur wondering, i don't believe kaotic has started shipping the full kits yet)
What about two pics for each month, sort of a overall shot of the car and a shot of the engine bay with some kind of a split? It could be 50/50 car/engine split, or maybe a small picture in picture deal where some other feature of the car is in the corner of the main pic.

I know I'd like one with so many cool cars on here! I'd like to be in it, one with the overall car shot, one with the engine bay, one with the speakers in the trunk and one of the cockpit/interior mods!
Then there could be a small write-up below the pictures with the owner and major mods on the car.

Let me know if you do this. Would you have the calendars made and then people could buy them, sort of a group buy?

I have to get the month of June!

i think some of the months you should do a collage of pics of multiple cars, maybe the real nice ones get a whole month with engine/interior/whater ever picks marked over the larger pic. I am going to send you a few pics of my car, and i will definitely buy one of these, probably multiples.
I want all 12 months to be of my car because my car is the only cool car on here.... Ok Im just playing... This sounds like an awesome idea!! I would be in for that!! Im going to need a calendar for 2004 and this would be perfect... Too bad SVT's with stock rims get no respect

Mark
I'd probably buy one, too.

BTW...
Is this big enough? (whoring )

I belive it's 800x533
The "original" is 2160x1440. It's a little grainy, but it's the best I've got of my car for now.
Great picture dude.
Originally posted by Derk2000:

The "original" is 2160x1440. It's a little grainy, but it's the best I've got of my car for now.

i'd need the origional. if you'd like to people, post pics that arent so huge as long as you've got the full size ones and i'll just collect those in private.

Unfortunately i dont think i can open this up to public opinion just because everyones got a different opinion and decisions will have to be made. I'll seek the advice of some, and comments are, of course, welcome but we will not be polling to make decisions.

btw, some candidate pics would be nice in this thread
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 04:19 AM
Here are some of my candidate pics.

These don't necessarily represent the "best" cars, but mostly "calendar" or "poster" quality pics (background, lighting, etc.)

Just a cool pic:
I'll put up some pics of my car in case it somehow would get selected. While there are plenty of others better than mine, I do think I have some really good quality pics. All the pics that I have are 2048 x 1536. The ones that have been posted before are all resized, but I kept the original sizes.
Brandon - thanks!
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
i'd need the origional.
btw, some candidate pics would be nice in this thread

Does that mean I'm a candidate?

Matt - I think you're wise not to open up too much discussion. However, get some opinions so you know what people want.
I, personally, would like to see at least a few combo pics. Be it 1 car w/ a few pics of it on one page, or 10 different cars on the same page.
I guess I'd like to see more than 14 cars on the calendar.
Where do we send candidates Matt?
Definately would want to see Pascal's and Jlab"s cars in a calendar. Representing the north.
Put my car into it....I will get you pics....I have nice new black 17s, spoiler, graphics....etc.
No more steelies!!!! Awe too bad *sarcasmo*. Tis good you came back Hector.
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
No more steelies!!!! Awe too bad *sarcasmo*. Tis good you came back Hector.

Steelies are in the garage.
Do stock contours get any love or are you after modded only? I know there are alot of really clean good looking stock contours on here. Was just curious if I could submit a pic of mine.

Here are a couple of small ones to see what you think.

Just let me know. These are just to show you what the car looks like I can get better location ones if you are going to use stock tours too. If you like these pics I have them in 1600x1200.
if its like the ones SVT ST Pete suggested ill buy one for sure-

your planning on showing the final pics before the calender goes on sale right?
There it is! SVT ST PETE has all the perfect pics. I'll take one now please :P

Seriously, use the pics SVT ST PETE has in his post, they are all beatiful! I'd be so proud to hang that calender on my wall
Wow... my car looks like sh!t... that first black one has me drooling.
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Here are some of my candidate pics.

These don't necessarily represent the "best" cars, but mostly "calendar" or "poster" quality pics (background, lighting, etc.)

Just a cool pic:

Those are some really sweet pics dude!
did you take them? Awesome
My nominees.

1600x1200

[url=http://www.fototime.com/29915CB206FA979/orig.jpg[/url]

Simons burnie

1600x1200
fst4dr must be in it in some form or fashion IMHO.
Originally posted by SpeedTeufel:
Those are some really sweet pics dude!
did you take them? Awesome

I know Eric L took two of those pictures (#1 & #8). I am sure he can provide a copy of the originals.
So has anybody decided how many pics are going to be in the calendar. Maybe 2 for each month, maybe 3 for some. Whatever looks good. A pic behind the days of the months, kinda as a haze. But bright enough to see the cars. And maybe a group pic on the cover. I'm sure you guys have already though about all this, but I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in.
I know you already have alot of black CSVTs already, but I couldnt help but try and get a vote.

another
Maybe some pictures like these under/behind the days.

Or these

You get the idea I'm trying to get at.
Here's a couple of mine, the first one full is slightly blurry...I have 1600x1200's if you'd like

Originally posted by Qbert:

Beautiful pic!
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 05:57 PM
Here are some more candidates:

Antoher cool pic:

I have tons of pics I need to sort through and will post more as I find good ones.
Does my mondeo count ??
Man my car sucks. It seems a lot of people have good, but small, pics. Why not make one page sort of a collage of smaller pics? Maybe a CEG scrapbook page? That'd make a nice cover (front or back). And YES I will buy one of these calenders! I'm gonna whore my car because I don't have any pics of other people's car that are actually nice on my computer.

Anyway, these are my favorites of my crappy, but clean, car!

I'm going back up to The Dragon and the Cherahola Skyway Tuesday, hopefully I can steal a digi cam and take some serious scenic pics.
mmmmmmmmmmmmm..............i like these pics!!!

oh wait those last two are not contour's. but damn sweet anyways!
Time to whore

hahah I love the pic with the Vice City posters!!
Posted By: Obsidian Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 08:12 PM

Antoher cool pic:

I have tons of pics I need to sort through and will post more as I find good ones.

Got a new background. Frickin sweet pic. You're welcome for the compliment Pete but its the damn truth. You're one of the top 5 for best looking tours. I'm like... number 5,289... lol.... i suck...
Posted By: TGO Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 08:16 PM

I have 1600x1200 if you want.
Posted By: jmgilman Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 08:25 PM

damn...who's car is that? i wanna see some more pics :-P
Posted By: Dtagon Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 08:50 PM
These two are in 1600x12000;

http://www.dtagon.com/svt/big/twosvt0003.JPG

http://www.dtagon.com/svt/big/twosvt0005.JPG

I can get better ones of our two SVT's after my Bosal catback is installed.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 08:54 PM
links dont work
speed demon i sent you some pics, hope you like. you can post them on the thread if you are able cause i cant. . . .
Posted By: Dtagon Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/09/03 09:13 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
links dont work

They should now....
even my best picture sucks but I had to somewhat participate...

1600x1200 version - better quality

I'd also nominate this to go in there if there was a bigger version
When you've gathered a whole bunch of pics, why not set up a site (or a spot here on CEG) where people can vote on which pics they'd like to see in the calendar?
I thought I would share my Favorites, even though they arn't that good

This one is big so click on the link
Contour side reflection

Have larger available
Full Sized

That car in that colour pure sex

Thats a fugin' badass pic, me likes.
Originally posted by akrump47:
When you've gathered a whole bunch of pics, why not set up a site (or a spot here on CEG) where people can vote on which pics they'd like to see in the calendar?

yeah, i wonder if there's a way to set up a poll whre you can select more than one option? who knows...
How about putting the top pics on cardomain.com and then setting up one of their polls to vote on which cars should make it. You could just give us the link. For this idea I think my car should automatically be entered!
Originally posted by jmgilman:
Originally posted by akrump47:

yeah, i wonder if there's a way to set up a poll whre you can select more than one option? who knows...

please read my previous post. I want to squash this now so no one gets mad at me later. there will be no mass polling / voting simply because i dont have time to take everyones feelings into account, a few people are with me in terms of decision making, i'm sure you'll all be happy with the finished product.

besides 3/4ths of you goons would vote for your own car and we'd have 50197125907125097 single votes for 50197125907125097 entries. Not to mention a large majority of the photos used will be based on artistic traits of the images, feesability in terms of quality for printing, good color definition, so on and so forth.
Originally posted by NOSPEED:

I think pic has cover written all over it....just perfect for a calander cover!
Go to my cardomain page and check out the pics of my car there. Let me know if you like any of them and i have to full size 2xxx X 16xx pics and i can send it to you.
Sorry i dont have a host
Pascal, Dion, Antonio and others should all be considered.

My own selfless whoring:
[img]http://community.webshots.com/photo/30958750/60704428xSIBcx[/img]

Mark
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:

I would have to agree.
Here's a few more to throw into the mix. I wish I had some better pics of bernies and some others.

Here's a couple of my own whorage in 2048x1536:

Original of the "asteriod" pic w/out writing

the month of March

I love the first pic of the black SVT in action, I want one. But I won't buy one if Skrilla's car is in it.
It would throw everything off.
I know my car is never going to be on a CEG calendar, and that it doesnt even compare to all of the other amazing cars, but i felt like posting anyways haha. anyways, here's my baby, pic kinda sucks, but oh well...

big one here
this is how we do...
i'd actually like to see some non-svt's, or atleast some without the SVT body kit. i kow some of us around here don't have all that, yet our cars still look nice.
like mine?
What the heck, I'll make a couple submissions. I hope the links work. Car is 99SE Sport.

Not quite at the required size, but close:
http://www.pbase.com/image/17000509/original

This one is required size:
http://www.pbase.com/image/15507900/original
Just a few pics I shot with a friend tonite.

Nite pics

The next batch will have the tour dropped as low as she goes and hopefully the metal flake won't be so camera shy!
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I love the first pic of the black SVT in action, I want one. But I won't buy one if Skrilla's car is in it.

Why all the F U C K I N G hate????
Originally posted by skrilla187:

Don't sweat it man. I normally don't like the "show" Contours, but for some reason I really like yours. Just DO NOT PUT FLAMES ON IT!!!!!

dont worry about it. your car is controversial. i happen to like your car (i usually dont like that kinda stuff), but im not a fan of the chrome.
I love the first pic of the black SVT in action, I want one. But I won't buy one if Skrilla's <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="background-color: #f0f000; " HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> is in it.

Worry not Skrilla...Your car is NUTS and one of my favorites on the site....the only thing that would have made it better is if i did the graphics

I have some pics if someone wants to host em for me!

so Sexy.. but now i have to figure out a color for my car. The color i was going to get it painted was realy similar... hmmm
Is that grabber blue?
yeah...who's car is that up there ^^ in blue?
Originally posted by Obsidian:

Antoher cool pic:

Got a new background. Frickin sweet pic. You're welcome for the compliment Pete but its the damn truth. You're one of the top 5 for best looking tours. I'm like... number 5,289... lol.... i suck...

WOO HOO! Thats the first time someone else has posted one of my pics. If you look really closely you can see me in the rear-view. I have the originals if you want the bigger one (2160x1440). I'll try and post it sometime tomorrow. (Its also my background!)
i have a lot of pics from all the meets in the SE MI area from the past year... feel free to snag any off of my site in my sig. most arent really poster quality but i do have some nice group shots. here are a few favs:

nighttime shots of roger r and jason castors cars:

stazi's car:

stazi's engine bay:

marcus' car:

very nice group shots:

and for those of you who like show cars:

and i like the stripe theme thats goin on in this pic:

oh yeah and you cant forget me along with the rest of our tours (oh i miss the silver one ).
If anybody needs there pics hosted. GO TO www.freepichosting.com
Its that simple. No more worries about not having a place to host your car. Go to it and check it out.

I agree. That car is hideous; and a lot of money put into an SE.... I can only say WTF to that and the paint job.

Well theres always been talk of it but noones done it, so i'll do it estimate them coming in at $15 (no profit)

Now, here's what i want, no bs.

Pics must be ATLEAST 1600x1200, if they're smaller dont waste my time, i dont want this to look like junk and anything less than very big is too small to turn out well in print.

I do NOT want 5000 pics of the same car, lets have options. People do not still have to be CEG members, they can be past members' tours if you have pics.

Good color quality, color washed or scanned pics most likely will not cut it, a few of you have scanners that are worthy so all is not lost but if the black looks gray fix it or its trash.

No half completed projects... if theres primer on the car it gets no love, if the body looks like crap it gets no love, so on and so forth.

Action shots are also welcome!
If i can get a stickey on this thread i'm sure it'd help, i'd like to have all the pics gathered by the end of the month so i can get the calendar produced in november and up for sale in december
Gracias

I'm going to email a few to you of Breidy's old SVT, I'll have to make sure they're 1600x1200 tho.

Man, I have a feeling you're going to get several years worth of pics out of this. I hope you select the finalists well.
Phat SVT those pics are AWESOME!!!
I love how the black and red cars match so perfectly. Where did you guys get the SVT side decals from?

But I won't buy one if Skrilla's car is in it.

And I have to agree on this ... Sorry Skrilla, your car is just too ... ricey looking. That toxic sludge green dosent match the chrome rims and white trim/decals at all.
That first pic of Robbies car is good, but that dude needs to be chopped out .
Originally posted by 1314:
That first pic of Robbies car is good, but that dude needs to be chopped out .

First thing I thought, too! Those shots are great, though!
here are a few of my favorites. Most of them are 3250x2032.
Hope you could use one.

As shown here are only standard size. Original size are available upon request.
I know it's not a big enough pic but I wanna whore too.

hey look, Skrillas cousin

j/k, i think for sure Skrillas car should be in the calender just cuz u dumbf*cks don't want it to be...along with the other two show cars that aren't on CEG.
I'll throw in a couple pics of MY car for good measure ...

The actual (read:big) pics are in my first link in my sig .
Who owns that car with the multi colors on it?
Posted By: OSU Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/11/03 05:51 AM

Just a cool pic:

hhaha...my car's in that lineup
Death to 56k? This is taxing my CABLE! I'm typing faster than the letters pop up!

Anyway, RIP:

Current SVT Contour:

And both my current SVTs:

Austin, Texas whoring......

Posted By: touredon Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/11/03 10:35 PM
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Death to 56k? This is taxing my CABLE! I'm typing faster than the letters pop up!

Anyway, RIP:

And what are those beautiful rims? Looks like a BBS.
Best I've seen.. I want em!!!
Konig Imagine's in Black Opal. Seventeen inch...
Posted By: TadeToad Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/12/03 01:23 AM
Isnt this about a Ford Contour ? You guys are treating this car like its a lambo !
Originally posted by TadeToad:
Isnt this about a Ford Contour ? You guys are treating this car like its a lambo !

BLASPHEMER!!!

Who cares, we have pride in the cars that we drive. I for one think it is one of the best looking sedans on the market. No reason we can't have something to show it off. You do have to admit that there are some pretty good looking cars on this board.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/12/03 02:40 AM

This is Contour Enthusiasts Group.

Who is this guy!?
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/12/03 03:45 AM

Who is this guy!?

A newbie who has had nothing good to say:
I would be if the 1 was off the 150 LOL , way too much money for me since the hood is closed 98% of the time

WOAH ! did you see the 3 fat girls on the left side of the car ! jeeez

Thats about what they all say to every MOD to this car , including the DMD witch is a total waste , then they said it about the sho shop y pipe , then the UDP , then the superchip .....

I think the best mod out there is the turbo .3L again is a total waste of time ....6-800.00 for 30 extra HP and labor

Yeah i got a friend who send a deposit and this fag nurish or whatever his name is said he abandonded his money and he cant get his 150 back

LOL why do you bother to race something so slow ! I would be embarresed

Regarding the Kickpanel Group Buy:
not impressed at all

Smells like a troll to me.
Don't worry it WAS Citation10 but he is banned yet again.
Originally posted by MotorCity:

[chef voice] "haha, i got yo a$$!" [/chef voice]
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who is this guy!?

A newbie who has had nothing good to say:
I would be if the 1 was off the 150 LOL , way too much money for me since the hood is closed 98% of the time

WOAH ! did you see the 3 fat girls on the left side of the car ! jeeez

Thats about what they all say to every MOD to this car , including the DMD witch is a total waste , then they said it about the sho shop y pipe , then the UDP , then the superchip .....

I think the best mod out there is the turbo .3L again is a total waste of time ....6-800.00 for 30 extra HP and labor

Yeah i got a friend who send a deposit and this fag nurish or whatever his name is said he abandonded his money and he cant get his 150 back

LOL why do you bother to race something so slow ! I would be embarresed

Regarding the Kickpanel Group Buy:
not impressed at all

Smells like a troll to me.

Owned like a btich!!
Originally posted by chknhwk:
Owned like a btich!!

This being my first post, I hope everything goes alright.

And yes, before I am yelled at, I do know about the search button.

Hopefully the picture will post correctly!
Here goes nothing ...

The image can be as large as 1600x1200
That's a nice pic! I like it!
Thanks Chknhw!

That is my favorite picture of the car.

__
Dallas
I know its not, but that looks photoshopped.

i like it though!
Bwahahahah!

Good work detective. Root out the infiltrators.

I agree with the Chknhwk..nice picture Captain Winkie! Welcome to the GEG!
For all of you that posted non-SVT pictures...very nice also!
I think all of you have very nice 'tours.
Originally posted by warmonger:
Bwahahahah!

Good work detective. Root out the infiltrators.

Only four posts and I've been labeled as an infiltrator.

Thank you on the complement, mbSVT & LUCA

Yes, the picture is slightly photoshopped, I took out a mailbox on the right side that was ugly, then blurred the background. Other than that, pretty much unmolested.
Originally posted by MotorCity:

Speaking of that loser, whatever happened to his 'ground-breaking' new website www.extremecontour.com ? I thought that was supposed to be the next big thing
Cap'n Winkie, that's a very very nice pic! I could kinda tell it was touched up a little, but for the better! You didn't add stuff to the car like new rims or whatever, so it's just a better back drop. Very nice. I'd be proud of that, too.
Originally posted by Captain Winkie:

That pic is hot.
There are some awesome looking cars on here. Just wanted to mention that out of 12 pages, not one single green CSVT. Kinda hurts my feelings.

PS My car pics suck so no one wants to see them
anyway.

-R-

Originally posted by CHF_Slapaho:
Originally posted by Captain Winkie:

That pic is hot.

this pic is way hot, perfect december pic!
btw, i want a calendar for sure!!..
damn, this pic makes me wanna trade my car for a CSVT..any takers??
I'D LOVE TO BE PART OF THE CALENDAR, BUT DON'T HAVE TIME TO READ THIS GIGANTIC POST. SO, IF I'M WORTHY, AND YOU'D LIKE MY CAR TO BE IN IT, PLEASE EMAIL ME dean@deanjoyce.com AND I'LL TAKE SOME HIGH-RES SHOTS. I JUST KEPT THEM SMALL FOR POSTING REASONS HERE.

Posted By: Tim_dup3 Re: CEG 2004 Wall Calendar Pics (56k DEATH) - 10/14/03 12:20 AM
Originally posted by svttour:
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is absolutely the cleanest contour I've ever seen. Man, I'm glad my stepdad talked me out of a CSVT, or I'd end up buying one with a tan interior just like that
Originally posted by jmgilman:

damn...who's car is that? i wanna see some more pics :-P

] thats david z's car

thanks for the compliment Tim i gotta keep my ride pristine.
Still not dropped but a few more nite pics.

more nite pics
As I promised.

i am giving www.freepichosting.com a shot...so here are a few pics a took today. These are downsized...i got the monster files if some how they are wanted. PM if so.

these are a little grainy...but the origionals arent
I wonder if I made the cut for the calender Either way, I'm getting one when it comes out
This post reminds me why I love my contour.

Anyway I really dont't think my car should be considered because there are alot of better cars. I am surprised none of the olde members cars have not been posted. Derreck's cars is a must, Dion's car is a must. The twins SVT's are a must. These people broke the threshold in regards to making the contour look good. All the rest followed. Others to add as well:

Pascal, ST PETE, Bernie, Roger R, Eric L, Milan, JVT and TRed SVT. There are alot of other cars as well but I can't remember. Hell I think if you put time and love into your ride we all should be in the calander.
Originally posted by Antonio:

Pascal, ST PETE, Bernie, Roger R, Eric L, Milan, JVT and TRed SVT. There are alot of other cars I well but I can't remember. Hell I think if you put time and love into your ride we all should be in the calander.

I don't think I ever took any Hi Res pics of the 'tour when I ad it. Most are regular sized. 1024x768 or so.
I've got pics of all their cars, but the size is wrong. I thought I posted one of JVT's. And all of Bernie's pics have a blue tint to them . And get off it already. You know your car needs to be in there .
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
I wonder if I made the cut for the calender Either way, I'm getting one when it comes out

I want one too, even though my mondeo probably
wont be in it
I saw a pic of my car, since I may possibly be a nominee, I'd like to post 2 that I especially like.
I would love to be in the Calender

and...

woo hoo! car whoring!

Originally posted by BP:
woo hoo! car whoring!

Nice choice of wheels !

There are a LOT of really nice-looking Contiques on here , that's for sure . Enough to fill 10 years worth of calendars . Some people have really put a lot of time & effort into their cars (not to mention money) . Keep the pics coming !!
i think we have 12 amazing pics already, so speed demon, are you just finalizing which ones will go? i'm interested in getting one of these-- u gonna start up a thread in group buys?
Midnight96SE's car is really hottttttttt... sizzlin'

Anyway I really dont't think my car should be considered because there are alot of better cars. I am surprised none of the olde members cars have not been posted. Derreck's cars is a must, Dion's car is a must. The twins SVT's are a must. These people broke the threshold in regards to making the contour look good. All the rest followed. Others to add as well:

Pascal, ST PETE, Bernie, Roger R, Eric L, Milan, JVT and TRed SVT. There are alot of other cars as well but I can't remember. Hell I think if you put time and love into your ride we all should be in the calander.

You suggested some really nice cars, but YOU have GOT to have YOURS in the calender.

Posted By: Derk-xB Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 01:13 AM
Warning - this may sound harsh.

I'm all for having pics of modded and unmodded 'tours or 'tiques in this calendar.
BUT...
I don't want a calendar full of contour pics and crap for a background. If you're gonna post (and you're serious about getting the picture in the calendar) please post pics that don't have crap for a background.

Honestly, who wants to see an awesome lookin' Contour with Joe Schmo walking around in the background? Not me.

Backgrounds that I think are cool: 'tours, 'tiques, racetracks, barns, mountains, bridges, rivers, etc.
Backgrounds that I don't think are cool: the appartment, the house that the car belongs to , WAL-MART, etc.

So, some of the folks here need brush up on the background-selection skills and re-post away!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 01:27 AM

I'm all for having pics of modded and unmodded 'tours or 'tiques in this calendar.
BUT...
I don't want a calendar full of contour pics and crap for a background. If you're gonna post (and you're serious about getting the picture in the calendar) please post pics that don't have crap for a background.

Honestly, who wants to see an awesome lookin' Contour with Joe Schmo walking around in the background? Not me.

Backgrounds that I think are cool: 'tours, 'tiques, racetracks, barns, mountains, bridges, rivers, etc.
Backgrounds that I don't think are cool: the appartment, the house that the car belongs to , WAL-MART, etc.

So, some of the folks here need brush up on the background-selection skills and re-post away!

very true. . . aw sh!t, now mine cant be in there!!
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 01:49 AM
Yay stock!

Posted By: Bullet Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 01:52 AM
Now there's a nice picture. Not saying the others aren't either.

I agree totally.
but it'd also suck if everyone posted pics of their cars with only nature backgrounds.
also cool ones are construction sites, industrial scenes, urban scenes, etc. even in financial districts next to some great architecture.

Posted By: parkedcar Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 02:16 AM
this is exactly why i went and re took pics of my car. We have an awesome huge train tressel in the middle of now where....thats what is in my pics. but i am a big fan of cars in front of industrial and urban back grounds....but none of that where i am from
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 02:20 AM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

but it'd also suck if everyone posted pics of their cars with only nature backgrounds.
also cool ones are construction sites, industrial scenes, urban scenes, etc. even in financial districts next to some great architecture.

good call.
Nothing against the people or their cars...I just want to see something in the background other than the person's house and their neighbor's car!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 03:02 AM

BUT...

Amen!!

Matt, if you need help deciding, I think I have a pretty good eye for good photo skills. Maybe someone can volunteer to do some touchup if need be also? You know get rid of signs, extra un-important crap and still make the pics look good.

I have tons more in my sig, these are a few of my favorites, plus a few that have already been posted, which I have the originals from.

I would also think it would be cool to list the photographer and who's car is in each pic. Not stats, just a name an maybe a location of picture or your hometonw (ma be one in teh same)

Thats my $.02, and now some pics! The full 2272x1704 are in my sig if I only post the small size. 2272x1704 is WAY to big to post here!

Posted By: cruises8_dup1 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 03:06 AM
Here are a few of my favorites. Most of these can be as big as 2560x1920

Posted By: Fordinary Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 04:13 AM
^ very cool pics .. above.

heres a couple of my favorites

Posted By: jmgilman Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 04:13 AM
sorry to be off topic, but what kinda wheels does this black SVT have, and can you use the stock tires w/ those rims?

thanks
17" or 18" Enkei RS5's. IIRC the official aftermarket SVT wheel. I think those are 18"s though, but I can't remember.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 05:05 AM
they look big like 19's

and yea those pics above are pretty damn nice...
Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 05:10 AM
They are 18's with 215/35/18 Parada rubber. Car is beautiful in pics and even better in person. Tonight at the track it really hurt his times.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 05:36 AM
Ahh my twin! Great pics cruises.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 05:36 AM

these don't look bad
Posted By: NOVA SVT_dup1 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 06:09 AM
what about the eyelids on that black car, are those plastic that can be bought somewhere or just vinyl?
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 12:53 PM
I was just wondering if you were going to show which cars were going to be in the calender before they were sold.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 01:24 PM
Theres a nice shot of my car, as well as Chattenoga's ride, from our trip out to the Dragon this fall. The background is perfect and my car looks like its got and Eibach kit on it, action shots are really cool, especially ones on killboy.com under the Oct 3-5th Dragon Run, page #9 half way down If that doesn't make the cut, heres a couple of my car...

Heres one showing the first and only CSVT (right now anyways) with a Mystique center reflector and tailights

A "seasonal" shot

Eric all those pics are awesome, Btw Nima were you at... That bridge pic you had was awesome.
Which Eric? I've got a couple bridge shots, but they aren't very nice.

A lot of people seemed to have really liked this one:

Do those count as nice backgrounds? This isn't called the Scenic City for nothing!!

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Theres a nice shot of my car, as well as Chattanooga's ride, from our trip out to the Dragon this fall. The background is perfect and my car looks like its got and Eibach kit on it, action shots are really cool, especially ones on killboy.com under the Oct 3-5th Dragon Run, page #9 half way down

Yeah, that first pic of all three of us on Killboy's page is We all look lowered in those individual pics cause that's a right hand turn and the body roll kinda closes up that gap a little. Well, a little for the FSVT, some for the CSVT and about two feet on my SE!
my car(s)

I can rescan just about any of these photos in high detail if needed.
Somebody needs to hire roger a photographer, no way those pics do his car justice.
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Somebody needs to hire roger a photographer, no way those pics do his car justice.

No doubt.

Roger deserves to be in the calendar, but I think his lack of hi-resolution, hi quality pictures will unfortunately disqualify him.
can we get any love for the stock mystiques???

if not i understand
Roger, if you do end up making the dyno meet after your your incident, Id be willing to take some hi-res photos of your car while at VT Performance.
Well heres some:
SpeedDemons Gallery
Cant post anymore for somereason
Posted By: timeless420_dup1 Re: Calendar Pics need to be worthy - 10/16/03 11:02 PM
What about some action shots?

I have very hi-res versions as well
Eric L's

OutlawdSVT's

Is there love for a Mustang in there? Na just kiddin.....
TROLL
You know what, maybe I'm partial to modded cars, but I'd really like to see some nice engine bay's with the overall car shot. Also a small paragraph under the car with pertinent data like the owners name and mods year and assembly line number if its SVT.

Outside looks are good, but the contour is about having Show+Go, not just all show.

I think Tom's on to something.
Here's and : Pic of car + small blurb (Name, Screen Name, mods, etc)
Engine bay pics would be cool, too.

And your so modest, that why we love you! Your car is one of the PHATEST.

How about 1 more for the road
Here's my 2000 SVT with Eibach's and 17" Focus SVT wheels

More here More Pic's

Scott
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

No doubt.

Roger deserves to be in the calendar, but I think his lack of hi-resolution, hi quality pictures will unfortunately disqualify him.

a dedication to roger's contour:

now heres a background for u including the renaissance center well known in dertoit's skyline:

and heres a "stripe" motif:

OUtlawd just sold me on a mirko
Originally posted by Mattyv12:
can we get any love for the stock mystiques???

I would post some pics of mine, but I don't have any in the required res so.... I figured I would keep my pics to myself and just enjoy the thread.
yeah i am sold on the mirko to outlaws car is pimp daddy i love it
Originally posted by mdaj:

outlawd's car is definitely baddddddd as hell. i wouldn't do anything differently if i owned it. uniwiper doesn't even look bad. i think it looks bad on civics because the driver always manages to paint it yellow or gets some stupid cheap annodized ones.
Just a pic that shows the meatal flake.

here are a couple of mine.

Here are a few that I have that I like - I have all the hi-res pics:

Elky's car - license plate is no longer valid....so no biggy

Here's the fav one of my car.

Here is my Car..... Just a nice addition to the List....

PICS
MORE

If someone could host this that would be great!!!!!!
This might not work....

Here they are!!
^ man this car is teh hawt..
handful of my favorites
Some of my fav's!

1600x1200
1600x1200
1600x1200
Originally posted by Kingpin:
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:

I would have to agree.

definetly agree....i've loved all of eric's pics
My old Car

I know there are alot better pics of my car out there my comp crashed and i lost all of them..

How about pics of the SHO? lol
Originally posted by MarkusSVT:

What wheels are these??
IIRC they are forged centerlines... could be wrong... but, my buddy was interested in them and I think that's what they are.
So whats the word on this calender, I'm itching to get one.
Originally posted by e1flakedsvt:
So whats the word on this calender, I'm itching to get one.

DITTO
I'll take one too.
i'm working on it... here's a preview

we're still organizing as far as which car will go on which month etc.

STAY TUNED!

can't wait

so does this mean you already have a selection of 12 definites?
yes

AND ITS A SEKRAT!
I want one!!

Any idea on a possible price?
yes

AND ITS A SEKRAT!

Do you take bribes?
Do you mind if I post this on vwvortex.com ?

There are a lot of Contour lovers over there.
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

My car is Ms. January!!!! (or at least according to that photo it is)
well i definitly want one. Any idea of a price or a time period when it would be completed?
I have a pic that I'd like to be considered, however I'm having trouble posting it. Could someone host it for me? It's 1792x1200 850kb.
Originally posted by Drumnut:
I have a pic that I'd like to be considered, however I'm having trouble posting it. Could someone host it for me? It's 1792x1200 850kb.

As Speed Demon has stated, pictures have already been selected, you're about 1.5 months late to the party.
..hopefully mine will make it into next years calendar
Like the post we should have a Contique's looking their WORST! calander, At least that way I will get some recognition
What about this guys Contour...

if that guy wasn't in the picture it would be a fine shot.
dude...QWK98SVT better be in that calendar...i dunno if he submitted pics or not-- but seriously, he needs to be in there
We have all 12 months covered.

Just waiting for a couple people to submit pics.

Be patient.
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
hey look, Skrillas cousin

j/k, i think for sure Skrillas car should be in the calender just cuz u dumbf*cks don't want it to be...along with the other two show cars that aren't on CEG.

gotta say those are two of my favorite cars, If either of them were in, I would definently buy a copy of the calender.
btw, any details on the calendar? the new year is what, 10 days away
go to the GB section, they are for sale.
^^ just like to point out i made my post before the GB was opened, so i don't look like an idiot
Was there ever a post telling people to get them in the "Group Buy" section ??? If not , WHY NOT ?!?! Unless I missed it , I didn't see one . I don't hang out in the Group Buy forum all the time , so hell , I might have missed it !!
Originally posted by Y2KMondeoSVT:
Was there ever a post telling people to get them in the "Group Buy" section ??? If not , WHY NOT ?!?! Unless I missed it , I didn't see one . I don't hang out in the Group Buy forum all the time , so hell , I might have missed it !!

Originally posted by Kingpin:
go to the GB section, they are for sale.

there's your post
its not a gb really, just available for the whole group to buy

and i'll keep em up there until we do next years so dont worry about it!
do you think youll do another calendar for next year. ill have some decent and bigger pics of my car next year if your going to do this again.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
do you think youll do another calendar for next year. ill have some decent and bigger pics of my car next year if your going to do this again.

Me too. I have some decent pics, but they are all too small. Might even get around to lowering it this year.

And Jims car has to be about the hottest "pre" out there.
wat size tips are those?
MMMmmmmmm. Whatever the Borla comes with. 3? 3.5? Sorry, I don't remember.
ohhh, sweet

I thought that was an SVT exhaust with some new tips on it...
© CEG Archives