Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Lets post pics (not just text) of the best OEM (not aftermarket) rims of all time. I really like these rims on the Cadillac Catera, unfortunately, the Catera itself wasn't the greatest looker:

Posted By: MotorCity Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 02:27 AM
I like the SVT Focus wheels.
They even fit the Contour. What more could you ask for?

They are nice, but not very unique. Just your ordinary 5 spoke rim, although they are an improvement over the E1 rims in my opinion.
Posted By: Putz_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 02:31 AM
no pic handy but im fond of alot of the wheels on the new Audi

love the a4 1.8t
dude you're way off. Saab and BMW wheels come to mind
Posted By: Bullet Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 03:01 AM
Here are some OEs for ya

Can't forget these

S4 Wheels.
I like the M3 split 10(?) spokes
Posted By: Pete D_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 03:59 AM

Posted By: sosaudio1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 04:26 AM
I like my OEM Focus Wheels. Now all I gotta do is lower the car over em and voila. Nice touch..will have pretty pics of it soon.

L8R
Rich
Yes, almost any Volvo wheel 16" or bigger.

Audi S4 previous gen.

BMW M3, previous gen.

SVT Focus

SVT Lightning, current.

Corvette Z06.

- Kerry
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 07:22 AM
Anything BMW, Ferrari, Porsche....etc
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 11:09 AM
Well this is a tough one. I think the 93 SVT Cobra rims look REAL good and are my choice. Now these come very close though...
The calipers are now painted blue, just don't have a pic of it yet

Oh yeah, don't forget these rims, I mean hubcaps (they look like rims, right )...

These were "made" to look OEM...
Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 12:09 PM
E34 M5 "Throwing Stars" : Beautiful & functional.
I love many of the BMW rims. damn sexy.

I still love my Cougar rims
There's one series of 17" Mustang Cobra rims that I saw this morning mounted on an older notchback 5.0. The car was clean, silver, tinted, lowered a bit, and had Cobra rims, and I swear at that moment I thought "damn, that would be a nice little sled to tool around in." If I had money for all the project cars I wanted to play with, I'd be a happy man.
Golf 337 wheels are some of my favorite OEM wheels, 18" BBS RC

Posted By: Static Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 05:08 PM
these are my fav...

Posted By: civic_smoker Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 05:23 PM
no pix handy but i like the wheels on the 2002 Porsche 911 GT2...
My Audi A6 2.7 twin turbo Quattro came with (not optional) BBS RC's (17")
I have always been fond of Shelby's Centurion II wheels. They gain a little more coolness when you consider when they were designed. IMHO they would look just as good on a new car as they did back then.

In all though, these are my favorite. Hands down.

Posted By: Derk-xB Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/14/03 09:48 PM
I'm a big fan of the '98 Cobra's wheels.
Posted By: 99blacksvt Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 01:35 AM
Truth be told, I love the current Miata wheels.I wish I could find a pic.
Posted By: LUK A LYK Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 03:04 AM
I am a fan of the VW wheels

Posted By: NITROS_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 04:56 AM
Originally posted by One Tan MDer:
I am a fan of the VW wheels

i too have to give it to the vw wheels, they are the shiznit.

I'm not a huge BMW fan, but I love the M3 wheels. Those would have to be my favs for stock.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Static:
these are my fav...

GNX/GTA rims, very nice I had a very similar rim on my 87 GN, but were made by ARE. VERY, VERY hard to clean so they had to go and were replaced with 16" American Racing Torq-Thrusts

forgot one of my other fav's.
I think they're so damn hot for some reason.
They're only 15's though right?

not a very good closeup pic...
You can get the 16" version of those on certain Focus models like the S2, Mach audio editions, and Sony Editions. They fit the Contour too.

Posted By: MarkO_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
You can get the 16" version of those on certain Focus models like the S2, Mach audio editions, and Sony Editions. They fit the Contour too.

I'm not sure if they are exactly the same. They sure look like they are on first glance. Maybe it's just the finish that is slightly different. Inboard of the spokes on my wheels, the finish is a greyish color while the exterior is polished.

Of course, 6 NE winters have roughed mine up quite a bit. I'd love to get them powdercoated or refinished sometime down the line.

The ones you mentioned Kim are indeed 15" wheels.
Originally posted by Derk2000:
I'm a big fan of the '98 Cobra's wheels.

Yeah, those are the ones I saw on the older 'Stang.
Posted By: Eli_dup1 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/15/03 06:42 PM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
I have always been fond of Shelby's Centurion II wheels. They gain a little more coolness when you consider when they were designed. IMHO they would look just as good on a new car as they did back then.

you know whats funny, is i could swear i've seen those exact wheels on mid 90's saturns.
Posted By: rylee44 Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/16/03 04:40 AM
One that popped into my head are the new M3 wheels, and the Ford Lightning wheels...

Posted By: goduke Re: Best Looking OEM Wheels of All-time - 05/16/03 08:56 PM
I think its a toss up between the 94-98 Saleen wheels and the Skyline GT-R34.

© CEG Archives