Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: zosopage Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 02:51 AM
Hey all. I finally joined CEG. I have a 99 Countour SVT and was ondering if I could send some pictures to someone to have them posted. If there is a place to send them that is listed I just haven't found it yet. There is a lot to read on this site!!! Someone let me know, that would be great.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 02:52 AM
bk4293@ameritech.net
E-mail 'em to me, I host a few on my fototime account for you, and welcome to CEG!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 02:53 AM
www.pbase.com is pretty cool and free but you can't post the actual pics here. You can only link with pbase.

www.fototime.com seems good but it costs money after a month. Probably worth it though. You can directly link to picks as well so they can be seen directly in the post if you want.

I am cheap so I am going the pbase.com route for now.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 03:03 AM
Here it is...
The link...
http://www.fototime.com/{6760DB29-F447-4F30-AD37-50549B06F584}/picture.JPG

The Pic...
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 03:05 AM
Much thanks to bk4293 for puttin up the pic of my car!!
Posted By: MotorCity Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 03:08 AM
Looks nice. I like it all aside from the wing.

Very clean! Wait until you get bit by the mod bug.
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 03:14 AM
Can't wait to put in some mods. What do you know about removing the resonator pipe?? Does it mess with your emissions?
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 03:16 AM
No it doesnt. Cost around $40.00 at any local shop and gives your car a more aggressive sound.
Posted By: Woodencross Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 06:20 AM
Originally posted by bk4293:
No it doesnt. Cost around $40.00 at any local shop and gives your car a more aggressive sound.

Only cost 25 at the shop I went to. Gives a great sound.

Anyway, go to www.fototime.com. It is completely free if you only want your pics up there for thirty days at a time. After each thirty days, it purges or erases your pictures, and then you have another free month. I've been doing it for almost a year now.
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/25/02 07:34 AM
Car looks pretty sharp. Im not a big fan of wings, but yours looks ok
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 12:37 AM
I uploaded some pics to the registry and it says I am awaiting approval. If anyone cares to check them out I am listed in the 1999 models under the name Jayson.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 12:53 AM
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Looks nice. I like it all aside from the wing.

Very clean! Wait until you get bit by the mod bug.

Ditto on both . Im not a fan of the wing but hey its your car man. Maybe some pics from differnt angles will change my mind. Ohh and welcome to Ceg
Posted By: thegibby005_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 02:21 AM
with only having one picture to base my opinion on, i actually like the wing...it dosn't look to big to be obnoxious, and looks pretty tasteful...
Posted By: thegibby005_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 02:25 AM
zosopage...what kind of wing is that? i can't really afford one, but im still curious...
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 02:53 AM
thanks, once i am approved in the registry, there are 5 up on that page that you will be able to view, from different angles
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 02:54 AM
Originally posted by thegibby005:
zosopage...what kind of wing is that? i can't really afford one, but im still curious...

it's a Saleen wing, I personally like it better on my car than the Mustangs I have seen it on.
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/27/02 11:49 AM
I like the wing, at least the color matches the car so it dosen't stick out like a sore thumb and Welcome to the CEG!!!!!!!
Posted By: RaceboyFl Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/28/02 07:08 AM
First off, welcome to CEG! I really like the wing. I just wish that Saleen had followed through with the whole body kit that they displayed at SEMA a couple of years ago. Has many fans, would have made much money! Oh well, they are kicking themselves in the @ss right now. Anyway, welcome, and keep posting the pics.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/28/02 07:08 PM
Here ya go man

Posted By: FLuiDSVT_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/28/02 07:11 PM
Is that stock exhaust? Those tips stick out a lot further then mine??
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/28/02 09:26 PM
hot damn that is one clean SVT

i'm diggin the wing, i was gonna put one of those on my baby till i found somethin better

sweet car though dude, fo sho!
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/29/02 08:22 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Here ya go man

Wow. I'm really looking forward to our meet on the 8th to see your car in person. My 'tour is going to look so pathetic next to yours with all of the salt and crap on it.
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/30/02 04:13 AM
I like the wing!
Posted By: 1BADTOUR Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 11/30/02 05:49 PM
Dude that cars looks so awesome with that wing. Looking good keep up the good work.
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/02/02 12:55 AM
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:
Is that stock exhaust? Those tips stick out a lot further then mine??

yEAH, IT'S THE STOCK EXHAUST.
Posted By: tgrimes Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/03/02 05:57 PM
Nix the wing dude, you're driving an american car, an SVT at that, not some silly rice-mobile.

Having that wing implies you are at their level, when actually you are much above it.

As for the resonator, I cut mine out, and I love the way it sounds!

Posted By: S9V8T Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/03/02 06:32 PM
So what your saying is that Saleen is ricey???? come on lighten up, get some ground controls and some 18s on it and he's rollin
Posted By: tgrimes Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/03/02 07:23 PM
There are good wings, and then there are rice wings...

That's no Saleen wing.
Posted By: Journie Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/03/02 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bk4293:
Here it is...
The link...
http://www.fototime.com/{6760DB29-F447-4F30-AD37-50549B06F584}/picture.JPG

The Pic...

Looks childish with that stupid WING.You should have spent the money on something better like 17" wheels and tires or a set of springs.Sorry,I just do not like it at all.
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/04/02 12:54 AM
The wing came on the car when we bought it, so I didn't waste any money. As for the "wing", what kind is it then????? HUH?? Tell me if you know so much. Anyways, I will not get rid of it, I like it.
Posted By: S9V8T Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/04/02 04:00 AM
hey zosopage dont let these haters put you down...do what you like and even if you didnt waste money on it if you like it keep it...I swear you haters are so lame ..let me see your ride, whatch you got??? hey at least he's rollin in an SVT...and yeah I have seen some old saleens with that style of wing..it looked sharp to me? So what? The first thing you haters have to do is criticize someone else's ride ..I mean I gots much love for all of you but you have to think before you speak and put some one down, you know the old saying , " if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all" or at least dont hate about it d*mn ..this is an organization not a place to put your fellow patrons down..lets stick together and set the example to these ricers and make them want to be one of us...one!!!!
Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/04/02 05:14 AM
Thank you very much. That about sums it up. But, I should mention, if you think back, remember the Chargers and SuperBees, etc, with the big wing on back??? I believe those cars were far from "rice" material. Any car enthusiast, no matter what kind he drives, has to respect Mopar from the 60's and 70's. I will admit that the wing was a bit large and odd but still, who was gonna beat em???
Posted By: rollingstash_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/04/02 05:29 AM
Yo you know we be talkin like we be hatin, but we's all abouts da love up in dis piece. We be lovin dis an dat, but yo dis one time I was hatin and dis dude, he be callin me a hater, but den he be hatin on me and we waz both bein haterz. word yo fo real.

On the other hand, I don't like wings, but I like SVT's. Because of this, I think we can all compromise, you know, come to some sort of an understanding? How about you keep your wing, and give me your car in trade for my car?
Posted By: SVTnKC_dup1 Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/04/02 05:37 AM
HAHA FUNNY~
<p>
Hey man, i love your car, i love my car, i love all SVT's... well except this one i saw... i'll post a pic if i can find it again, it was seriously the gayest thing i've ever seen done to any NICE CAR~ oh and my personal opinon (weither you want it or not~ ) I really don't like the wing, but like most have said, your car, your stuff! And if you like it... then more power to ya! Keep up the nice work with the car... and watch out for that MOD BUG, it's catchy, and there's no cure!
Posted By: tgrimes Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/05/02 01:25 AM
Originally posted by S9V8T:
hey zosopage dont let these haters put you down...do what you like and even if you didnt waste money on it if you like it keep it...I swear you haters are so lame ..let me see your ride, whatch you got??? hey at least he's rollin in an SVT...and yeah I have seen some old saleens with that style of wing..it looked sharp to me? So what? The first thing you haters have to do is criticize someone else's ride ..I mean I gots much love for all of you but you have to think before you speak and put some one down, you know the old saying , " if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all" or at least dont hate about it d*mn ..this is an organization not a place to put your fellow patrons down..lets stick together and set the example to these ricers and make them want to be one of us...one!!!!

You know the wing would be cool except for the fact that every ricer with $350 and a can of spray paint has one on their car. So the wing that appears on this particular SVT was made famous by the ricers we "love" so much.

You know, we really should give the SVT guys more credit. If they wanted a wing like that on the contour, I believe they would have put it there.

Posted By: zosopage Re: Pictures of my 99 SVT - 12/05/02 06:59 PM
Like I said, it was on the car already when we bought it.
© CEG Archives