Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dpa43_dup1 Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/23/06 03:35 PM
Wasn't expecting this to happen this soon but I knew I was driving on borrowed time, it was just a matter of when it was going to happen. Last night seemed to be the end of what the tranny could handle. Was playing around with a older Mustang GT and shifted from first to second and that is when all I heard was grinding parts and the car was not going anywhere. Pulled into a parking lot and found fluid coming from the tranny. Guess I have to start on the 3 Litre conversion and tranny upgrade sooner than I expected.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/23/06 03:37 PM
Man, that sucks! Well, now you have an excuse for the 3.0 and tranny upgrades.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/23/06 03:40 PM
And you most likely still got owned by the GT. Doubleowned.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/23/06 03:47 PM
Sorry to see. Glad to see you going the 3L route.
Posted By: NVMYSVT Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 12:10 AM
damn Dave... keep me updated on the rebuild.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 12:52 AM
wow, that picture reminds me of when something internally busted a hole in amy trans case. I broke the shift tower a week prior (like 3 days after the purchase of the car) and the local ford dealers mechanics are stupid as fug. They took the trans down/apart to look for the broken bolt, and put it together, 2 days later, turning onto my street I hear a bang and look in my rear view and I had a 1-1.5 wide trail of trans fluid leading to my driveway (about 10 houses from the corner) Was a nasty mess.

At least now you get a better engine and trans!
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 08:26 AM
Damnnn, that sucks Dave. I know with your skills you'll be runnin in no time though. At least you have the daily beater. If my car broke down I'd be hitching

Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 01:32 PM
im afraid thats gonna happen to my car...dont kno why...but knowing my luck, it will...

sorry to hear about that...
Posted By: jtour Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 06:16 PM

Hey at least you get to upgrade it now! Keep us posted.

Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Sad Day at My Ford Compound - 08/24/06 06:50 PM
Ouch.

At least if you need a 3L shortblock or engine built, I'm only a state away. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Rick
© CEG Archives