Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TexasRealtor Shelby GT - 08/22/06 09:32 PM
I like the gold stripe better, but you can get a 5speed and no rental abuse.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 10:02 PM
Why do you keep using that image shack stuff? Do you get some money everytime someone clicks on it?
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Hightower GT:
Why do you keep using that image shack stuff? Do you get some money everytime someone clicks on it?

yeah, wicked ghey.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 10:40 PM
I'm not clicking!!!
Posted By: Tisby Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 10:42 PM
Even when you click it the picture is still pretty small...
Posted By: teamSVTour Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 10:48 PM
saw a new black saleen while I was driving around this past weekend...now that thing was nice
Posted By: 2000myst Re: Shelby GT - 08/22/06 11:01 PM
Yah 550hp if its a 281E. I did see a ROush Stage 3 in NH a while back. They are nice. I've also seen alot at shows especially some of the bigger Ford and Mustang shows.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 12:09 AM
Probably could have continud discussion on the other recent GT 500 threads we've had in the last weel or two also with basically the same paint schemes. For those that can use Google.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 01:00 AM
I like it, but I'd still rather get a standard GT and the FRPP packs, lose the Shelby grill and hood pins and stripes, and save some bucks. What kills me, though, is the uproar over it just being 25hp over the stocker...the real benefit to this new setup is the handling improvement and how it lets you exploit the power better.
Posted By: tropictour Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 04:41 AM
The white one looks amazing with the silver stripes. Too bad they are vinyl.
-tropictour
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 05:01 AM
Looks ok. I like the grill and hood pins, and stripes are always cool with me. Only 25hp huh? Kinda disappointing, but if it really does put it "down" better, then I say it's a good thing. Now, if only Ford would bring the cowl hood back...

On a side note, anyone seen the new Saleen hoods? I saw one at the dealer today, and thought to myself, "Wow that reminds me of the old IROC-Z Camaros..." Not a bad thing at all! I still don't really like the overall look of the car. It seems to have gotten too big once again. If I was a mustang fanboy(which most folks on here know I most certainly am NOT...) I'd be prepared for another Mustang II-style debacle after this body style plays itself out in about five to 8 years. I kinda liked the Mustang II... it looked really sporty with the ground effects on it.
Posted By: Frosty Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 11:51 AM
Those are beautiful!! I have a new background for my computer!
Posted By: TexasRealtor Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 01:32 PM

I'm internet challenged. Link to a better site please?
Posted By: jtour Re: Shelby GT - 08/23/06 01:58 PM
No matter what those cars are darn right s3xy!

Posted By: TGO Re: Shelby GT - 08/25/06 12:05 AM
i definitely like the looks better than the gt500.
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: Shelby GT - 08/25/06 04:29 AM
Not digging the wheels. Let's try something new please. As for the Mustang II comment I believe that most people choose to forget those years and pretend that it never happened.
Posted By: TGO Re: Shelby GT - 08/25/06 01:37 PM
those krager style wheels are super retro, and only look good on a mustang.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Shelby GT - 08/28/06 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TexasRealtor:

I'm internet challenged. Link to a better site please?

Umm.. http://pages.google.com/

100MB fo' free.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Shelby GT - 08/28/06 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TGO:

Disagree on two counts. 1st, I think it's Cragar, far as I remember. And the style is "S/S". I had them on an old Nova, and unless my wires are crossed, that's what they were called when I bought a new set of them. Also, those wheels look friggin GOOD on just about any old pony car. Not "muscle", but pony cars, such as the early 'Stangs, Nova's, Roadrunner's, Chevy II's, etc.

Also, the only wheels that ONLY look good on a Mustang are the old Stang wheels and the old 10-spoke Shelby wheels...

Stang's:

10 spokes:

And for good measure, the Cragar S/S wheel:

Damn, that's a great looking wheel. Well, before everybody and their brother copied the design.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Shelby GT - 08/28/06 08:38 PM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:

Damn, that's a great looking wheel. Well, before everybody and their brother copied the design.

Classic old-school goodness there!
Posted By: TGO Re: Shelby GT - 08/29/06 01:05 AM
i meant of current cars. slap those on a new camaro or something...they look like crap. I know they're popular for lots of classic muscle cars. and i'm sorry i spelled it wrong.
Posted By: OutlawdSVT_dup1 Re: Shelby GT - 08/29/06 02:48 AM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Originally posted by TGO:

Disagree on two counts. 1st, I think it's Cragar, far as I remember. And the style is "S/S". I had them on an old Nova, and unless my wires are crossed, that's what they were called when I bought a new set of them. Also, those wheels look friggin GOOD on just about any old pony car. Not "muscle", but pony cars, such as the early 'Stangs, Nova's, Roadrunner's, Chevy II's, etc.

Also, the only wheels that ONLY look good on a Mustang are the old Stang wheels and the old 10-spoke Shelby wheels...

Stang's:

10 spokes:

And for good measure, the Cragar S/S wheel:

The first wheel is off of a 67 and those kind are called style steel wheels. The Shelby wheels are nice . I agree the Cragar style wheels are on everything it seems like.
© CEG Archives