Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 07:54 PM

Amazing seats, just not quite the tan color I had in mind . . . lol. Just need to figure out how to make these look good in a Prairie Tan CSVT interior . . .

Or, more accurately, how to make the rest of the interior not look like crap around these awesome seats, lol.
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 08:17 PM
OMG that is hotness .

Aaron
Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 08:17 PM
sexy sexy...

Wesley
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 08:53 PM
Not a fan of prarie tan but nice racing seats.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 10:14 PM
<Jealous

I like leather look but don't quite like the feel especially on hot days. So I think I may recover my corbeaus in black and get them in the svt. Or is midnight blue fabric possible to obtain?
Posted By: icysvt Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 10:25 PM
SWEET!!!
Posted By: Guitarman19853 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 10:45 PM
holy hell i just looked up the price of these you could buy a car for that much... granted a crappy one, but still... you could probably find an SVT for the price of 2 of these.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/19/06 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
I may recover my corbeaus...
midnight blue fabric...

heaven.

Posted By: Pre98 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 01:00 AM
secks!
Posted By: 111R Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Mystique97:

X 2!!

makes my recaro srd look like poop!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 01:48 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I like em.
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 02:58 AM
GOD...that is AMAZING!!!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 05:01 AM

Don't confuse a nice high performance street car seat with a proper racing seat. A proper racing seat will not recline, and will have a rigid back, and should not be used in a car without some sort of rollover structure.

A good example of a proper race seat is a Sparco Circuit Pro:

Ok, back to my seats; I'm really torn on what to do with my interior to make these fit in. I can recover the back seat and the door inserts w/ the same leather, but that just isn't quite enough. And I'm not keen on ripping out every single piece of interior trim and repainting it for a color scheme that may or may not look good w/ the Tropic Green exterior . . . Or, my other option is to trade these for the same seats in black . . . I dunno.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 05:33 AM
They really look good. The interior is not that big of a deal to redo, so I'd say redo it. If you're spending the money on those nice sparcos, surely you can spare some change on the rest of the interior. Most of it is plastic anyways and you can do it yourself.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 05:52 AM
Its not the money to redo the interior, its the time and effort that I don't want to get into, especially the dash.

And, fwiw, I didn't pay retail on the seats, I got quite a discount because of a sort of a sponsorship deal from a friend's company www.racer91m.com so its not like I'm made of money. Plus, I've got plenty of money going into other areas of the car these days, lol.

btw, if anyone wants to order anything from there, let me know, as I can get you a 10% off code.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 06:05 AM
Does the color of the seats complement the Prairie Tan, or does it clash with it? If it complements it, then I'd recover the door inserts and the back seat to match. Maybe get matching floor mats too. Leave the plastics stock tan and have a nice two-tone interior. If it clashes, well, I dunno.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 06:09 AM
Surely you don't own a svtc as your only car. Drink some beers and pull the dash out. I know it's a lot of work, but the rewards are worth it, right? ...

Obviously it's up to you to decide, but I'd love to see those seats with a matching interior in a contour. You're not the only one having interior dilemmas; although mine are easier to take care of, it won't look near as good as your's.
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 10:27 AM
I have to agree w/ kremit here. throw those seates in, and every weekend for a while just decide to do one part of the interior. it wont match for a while, but you'll be sitting on cloud 9 (almost literally) and probably wont mind that much. before you know it, everything will be matching and oh-so-sweet
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 01:28 PM
It's definitely like buttah.
very nice
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 02:59 PM
Beautiful seats indeed!
Posted By: JVT_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 05:12 PM
I quote Rara's signature,

--------------------
Balance is the Key.

/apparently not when it comes to your checking account ya unemployed fo'
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 05:14 PM
Jaybee, did you miss the whole part about me getting a new job, paying more than my old one within a month of when I started actually looking seriously for a new one?
Posted By: m!key Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 06:03 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm buttah!
Posted By: Matty K Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 07:07 PM
Buttah-Face?
Posted By: Berkel Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 08:35 PM
Lucky

I wanna two tone my interior, no way I could afford new seats

Posted By: TBoomer Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/20/06 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Berkel:
Lucky

I wanna two tone my interior, no way I could afford new seats

Prairie Tan interiors are already 2 tone...but not in a good way.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 02:30 AM
Nice seats man!

Say, what's up with that big red butt plug in the background?
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Hightower GT:

You must not have a dog.

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 02:43 AM
Nice seats man!

Doggie chew-toy. Ten bucks says that's what he claims anyway!

Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Rara:

Don't confuse a nice high performance street car seat with a proper racing seat. A proper racing seat will not recline, and will have a rigid back, and should not be used in a car without some sort of rollover structure.

A good example of a proper race seat is a Sparco Circuit Pro:
[image] http://www.racer91m.com/catalog/circuitpro2.jpg[/image]

Ok, back to my seats; I'm really torn on what to do with my interior to make these fit in. I can recover the back seat and the door inserts w/ the same leather, but that just isn't quite enough. And I'm not keen on ripping out every single piece of interior trim and repainting it for a color scheme that may or may not look good w/ the Tropic Green exterior . . . Or, my other option is to trade these for the same seats in black . . . I dunno.

Hm didn't really notice the difference until you posted that pic up, now its totally obvious. I didn't see that your seat reclined, now I see the crease in it that you said something. My bad.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 03:06 AM

I almost died of laughter when I read this!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 03:59 AM
Brian, I honest didn't know you still cared about the CSVT enough to want to put something that nice in there, you must have some major plans for it
Posted By: Harrry Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:

I almost died of laughter when I read this!

I did..

i had to look back to see what he was talking about. That was too funny
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 12:24 PM
Ok here is the plan. I'll trade you my Pumice pre98 SE seats for those. It will match much better than that. I will then dye them black so they match the exterior. Problem solved.
Posted By: jtour Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 01:50 PM
Those seats look so nice. Color is awesome just hard to keep clean.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:03 PM

So, this pic shows just how different the color is.

Feel free to suggest color schemes that would work well w/ the Tropic Green exterior . . . also feel free to photoshop this pic to show everyone what you mean.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:26 PM
Oh holy crap!!!! That's a HUGE difference! I'd keep the seats (they're just SOOOOO sweet, and that really is a beautiful tan color), and go with a nice saddle-leather brown to contrast with the seats. Cover the door inserts in a seat-matching leather. Mmmmmm.....

Sorry, my photoshopping abilities rival my Halo 2 online abilities. That is to say....they suck!

Saddle leather:

I think it makes a HOTTTTTTT combo!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:30 PM
Really needs to be a black seat or more of a Baseball Glove/Saddle color.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:37 PM
I think that saddle leather color would go well with the seats.
If you went with the seat color everywhere else, it'd be way too much buttah, and would just look gross - on the verge of ricer yellow almost, and you don't want that.

It's too bad it didn't work out with the existing tan.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 111R:

X 2!!

makes my recaro srd look like poop!

That's a beautiful poop...

...FOR ME TO SEAT ON!!!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 04:41 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Really needs to be a black seat or more of a Baseball Glove/Saddle color.

I'm inclined to agree. I keep going back and forth between keeping these and recovering the rear seats and door inserts w/ the same leather, and painting everything else w/ a dark charcoal gray (still not keen on tearing the dash out, some of you know how long it takes for me to get my own projects done) or, trading the seats back to Sparco for black ones, recovering the rear seats, and maybe the door inserts in the black leather, and calling it good.

The additional benefit w/ the black, is that when I eventually sell the car, I can replace the seats w/ stockers, and reuse the nice sparcos in another car.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 05:27 PM
I would just swap them for black ones. Seems easier and cheaper. And like you mentioned you could reuse them later. I also feel like black is more acceptable if its not going to match.

But hot damn are those seats beautiful! Great color.
Posted By: platinum_drew Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 05:32 PM
wow I didn't realize the difference was to extreme, but after getting the in-car comparison I'd probably go w/ the black...they'd still look a little out of place, but it wouldn't look as bad as the two-toned tans or the 100% butter interior (bleck )
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 05:57 PM
Go with black. If you take as long as I do with projects, at least the black seats will match a little better than the butter seats and prairie tan interior.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 06:34 PM

And, fwiw, I didn't pay retail on the seats, I got quite a discount because of a sort of a sponsorship deal from a friend's company www.racer91m.com so its not like I'm made of money. Plus, I've got plenty of money going into other areas of the car these days, lol.

I hope you got a better deal than most. A little pricey on some things!!!!!!!

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=199
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 06:43 PM

I hope you got a better deal than most. A little pricey on some things!!!!!!!

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=199

I'm sure that's just what roush's retail list price is . . . they tend to be a little expensive

I'll let them know so they can fix it, lol.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 09:41 PM
I'd honestly would want the rest of the interior to match the seats. The seats are badass; look very "High End" European.

DON'T go with black, especially with the tropic green. The color seats you have a perfect, just gotta coordinate the rest of the interior.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/21/06 11:14 PM
WOW!, those seats look like they just came out of a Ferrari
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/22/06 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
WOW!, those seats look like they just came out of a Ferrari

Man, you are GOOD!!
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 03:28 PM
So, while I'm working on getting rid of these beautiful seats (they are for sale for anyone interested; I'd take $2600+shipping for the pair, compare that to $3400 elsewhere . . .) I'm trying to decide which seats go in now. i have two options I'm deciding between, and likely one set will end up in the contour, and the other set in the cobra . . .

First up, are the same basic seat as the ones above, but with no sliding thigh bolster, and are covered in Black Alcantara.

http://www.racer91m.com/servlet/Detail?no=120

OR

There is the used seats from another OEM (these are supplied to an italian OEM by sparco, these seats just don't have the embossed logo of the OEM) i used to own these seats, but sold them to another CEG'er, and have arranged to repurchase them as soon as tan seats sell.
Don't mind the nasty slider hardware, since that would be replaced anyway.

And, so you can see the pimp part of them, here is a shot of the seat back:

I lub me some carbonous fibers . . .

So, which seats should go in which car????
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 03:32 PM
They're all nice. What about the upper left tan suede though?

Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 03:32 PM
btw, for all the people drooling over fancy seats; i can probably set up a group buy for some sparco seats through racer91m.com if there is enough interest. Drop me a PM if you would be interested in a group buy. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be for the super fancy seats like I've got . . . Stazi has some Sparcos in his car that start at like $369 each.
Posted By: cannondalemtb Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 03:32 PM
I vote the set that you already sold. Those seats look amazing
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 03:34 PM

Too light. I was able to check out the swatches for that seat when I originally ordered mine, and it didn't match any better than the tan leather.
Posted By: Barge Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 04:21 PM
You should buy the first option so I can buy the 2nd option :-P stupid project budget... need more OT.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 04:27 PM

Too light. I was able to check out the swatches for that seat when I originally ordered mine, and it didn't match any better than the tan leather.

Well then it's decided. CF skeleton for the win!!!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 04:52 PM
btw, for all the people drooling over fancy seats; i can probably set up a group buy for some sparco seats through racer91m.com if there is enough interest. Drop me a PM if you would be interested in a group buy. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be for the super fancy seats like I've got . . . Stazi has some Sparcos in his car that start at like $369 each.

What did yours run you?
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 05:15 PM
Retail on the Milano Prestige is $1699 each, and sparco specifies you can't advertise prices less than retail on thier stuff. but, I'm sure i can get some sort of order discount from www.racer91m.com for CEG'ers if there is enough interest.

The pricing I got on those seats isn't typical, or repeatable, because www.racer91m.com / Racer Bargains sponsors our race team . . .
Posted By: starjammir Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 05:21 PM

Stazi had, I own em now
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 05:46 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:

Stazi had, I own em now

Ah, my bad, its been awhile since I've seen Stazi's car . . . What does he have now?
Posted By: starjammir Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 06:46 PM
stock svt ones.
Posted By: SVTforme_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/29/06 09:59 PM
I am pretty sure SEM makes a vinyl dye that would match the stock colors. Everything I have ever dyed has come out great and lasts a long time.

Otherwise, you can drop them off over here and I will put them to good use .
Posted By: m!key Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/30/06 01:25 AM
is this thread still going?
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/30/06 10:01 PM
Originally posted by m!key:
is this thread still going?

No.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Butter-Soft Leathery Goodness - 08/31/06 12:47 AM
Damn, those seats would look sweet in my SHO.

(Guess it is still going...)
© CEG Archives