Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 04:21 PM
So I finally took ownership (well, has a lien, but whatever) of my new 2003 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V today.

Thing is super easy to drive compared to my SVT (which is kinda rough around the edges if ya know what I mean). It hauls ass too, just slightly slower than my SVT thru 1st and 2nd. That (and the mega torque steer... note it has a Torsen) is probly due to the 175hp and 180lb/ft of torque! I can just imagine what an SRT-4 is like to drive!

This is planned to be my daily driver so I can park the SVT.

Here are some pictures. I'll get it cleaned up in a bit and get some more pictures of it later.

I think it looks ok from the front:

Click pic for 1600x1200 full size

Front action shot:

Rear end, kinda ugly IMO:

Rear 'action' shot:

I need to vacuum it!

Hardest-to-read gauges EVER! I might actually buy the EL set off Ebay just so I can read the damn thing in sunlight!

300W RF factory setup:

The 8" sub makes this a pretty damn good sounding factory setup:

QR25DE:

And if ya wanna hear the exhaust, check this out:
Exhaust - 36.5KB MP3

Sounds pretty tame.

BTW, I'm NOT getting rid of the SVT anytime soon!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 04:25 PM
Congrats! I like the black on yellow. I agree with you on the rear end of the Sentras. Dowdy and goofy looking. Always have been. Have fun with it!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 04:27 PM
I like it. I'd be scared of the worn out hazard button though. The seats and engine bay need a good cleaning too. Looks like the front badge is missing or it has been debadged.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 04:30 PM
Originally posted by todras:
I like it. I'd be scared of the worn out hazard button though. The seats and engine bay need a good cleaning too. Looks like the front badge is missing or it has been debadged.

i was gonna say it looked like someone left some sticky stuff on the button!
Posted By: Phil Rohtla_dup1 Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Hardest-to-read gauges EVER! I might actually buy the EL set off Ebay just so I can read the damn thing in sunlight!

I agree oon the gausges, a fact made much worse by the really good, easy to read gauges in the regular Sentra.

Nice car, one I considered heavily before buying my SVT. But I wanted ABS, and for some reason, ABS was packaged with the sunroof in Canada. And I couldn't fit comfortably if it had a sunroof.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

Nice car, one I considered heavily before buying my SVT.

How much did you pay for it?
Posted By: Tourige Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 06:42 PM
I like how the Numbers on the guages go over 90 degrees so its harder to read..
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 07:43 PM
Nice pick-up!

Is the audio equip stock? sorry I didn't see the pics (56k modem here--to hell if I'm going to wait that long for the pics to load!) I was pretty impressed w/my friend's stock audio equip in his Xterra. I think it was something like 500W. Not too shabby from the oem. Does Nissan usually go big w/th their audio?

Yep, I have seen Sentras' gauge clusters; absolutely ridiculous.
Posted By: Berkel Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 07:49 PM
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Nice pick-up!

Is the audio equip stock? sorry I didn't see the pics (56k modem here--to hell if I'm going to wait that long for the pics to load!) I was pretty impressed w/my friend's stock audio equip in his Xterra. I think it was something like 500W. Not too shabby from the oem. Does Nissan usually go big w/th their audio?

Didn't need to see the pics to know, he said "pretty damn good sounding factory setup"

A lot of SE-R's come with that premium audio, if not all if I'm not mistaken.
Posted By: jtour Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 09:14 PM
Nice ride you will enjoy it! My buddy has a black one and boy are they quick.

Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 10:03 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:
Originally posted by todras:

i was gonna say it looked like someone left some sticky stuff on the button!

It has a black mesh grille, probly something off Ebay along with the ok taillights he has on it. At least he didn't get the chrome ones! I'm getting the stock tails and factory rims at my shipping cost when he goes on leave.

On the dash, it's residue from double sided tape. He had satellite radio in the States, but since it doesn't work here, he got rid of it.

I took some off with my fingernail, so a little cleaning will take it all off.

...I just can't understand why he put it ON the hazard button, though

I'm paying $10,500 for it and a total of $10,850 with GAP insurance. Interest rate is 6% for 60 months. Seeing as I nearly paid off my $9999 loan I had on the SVT in 2 years, should be no problem (especially if I put my dollars to work when I get deployed).

Maybe in 2 years or so I'll trade up for a WRX or 9-2x (if I can find one).
Posted By: KerryKool Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 10:28 PM
Very nice! I love the front bumper on the SE-R Sentras. The color is pretty wild too.
Posted By: SVTC1136 Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/15/06 10:32 PM
Very nice. Followed one of these puppies for a while driving home one night and they are pretty quick. Nothing the SVT couldn't handle though!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/16/06 12:16 AM
Sweet, I've always like those. Congrats!
Posted By: rouar Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/16/06 12:39 AM
Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Nice pick-up!

Yep, I have seen Sentras' gauge clusters; absolutely ridiculous.

They're not shabby with the audio at all. I have 200W 7-speaker stock Bose audio in my Nissan, and that car's nearly seven years old. With the crowd they're appealing to with the SE-R and other vehicles in their lineup these days, I'm not surprised that they offer such audio systems.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/16/06 01:44 AM
Nice buy!
Posted By: cuda06 Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/16/06 02:14 AM
Very nice. A friend of mine here just picked up an 05 in all black. It was a bit of a transition for him since his list of vehicles has been 66 impala, 94 thunderbird, 03 f150, and then the spec V. Have fun with it.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/16/06 12:12 PM
I'm suprised everyone likes it

My plan is to leave this thing as close to stock as possible and replace my SVT as my daily driver.

That way, I can get some stuff done on the SVT and not worry about having to put it all back together at the end of the day.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Yellow Sentra! - 08/17/06 02:23 AM
cool, my friend has got a black SE-R, its not a bad ride at all.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Yellow Sentra @ Private Lake - 08/28/06 11:56 PM
So I found out that my g/f's aunt and uncle own a section of land on this awesome private lake outside Hamburg.

Couldn't resist a couple of pictures of the Sentra on the last day I was there...

Click for 1600x1200 full size.

Click for 1600x1200 full size.

Now I just have to get the SVT up there and get some more!

Oh, and over the whole trip (9 days) from here to Berlin to Hamburg to Stuttgart gave me these results for fuel economy:

Tank 1:
  • 99% highway / Between here and Berlin (in East Germany)
  • 30L (7.93 Gallons)
  • 185 Miles (297.7 Km)
  • 6.2 Miles/L (23.33MPG) (10.1L/100Km)

Tank 2:
  • 90% highway / In Berlin
  • 40L (10.57 Gallons)
  • 283.4 Miles (456.1 Km)
  • 7.1 Miles/L (26.8MPG) (8.8L/100Km)

Tank 3:
  • 95% highway / In Hamburg
  • 35L (9.25 Gallons)
  • 256.4 Miles (412.6 Km)
  • 7.3 Miles/L (27.7MPG) (8.5L/100Km)

Tank 4:
  • 99% city / In Hamburg
  • 40L (10.57 Gallons)
  • 223.8 Miles (360.2 Km)
  • 5.6 Miles/L (21.2MPG) (11.1L/100Km)

Tank 5:
  • 80% highway / About halfway between Hamburg and Stuttgart
  • 35L (9.25 Gallons)
  • 247.7 Miles (398.6 Km)
  • 7.1 Miles/L (26.8MPG) (8.8L/100Km)

Tank 6:
  • 95% highway / Patch Barracks in Stuttgart
  • 41.13L (11.39 Gallons)
  • 272.5 Miles (438.5 Km)
  • 6.6 Miles/L (24.0MPG) (9.8L/100Km)

Total Trip (to Stuttgart at least):
  • ~83% Highway driving
  • 221.13L (58.96 Gallons)
  • 1468.8 Miles (2363.7 Km)
  • 6.6 Miles/L (25.0MPG) (9.4L/100Km)

All numbers in parenthesis are calculated by me (and Google!) due to my car reading in Miles and the gas stations reading in Liters. The first 5 tanks (180L) were in 5L increments due to the AAFES gas coupons I purchased for Esso stations off base, which have 5L as the lowest coupon.

Currently at about 1/2 tank with 150 or so miles on it (horrible mileage driving thru a big ass rainstorm Sunday night).

I'm overall disappointed with those numbers due to my SVT getting nearly identical or better numbers in a larger, more powerful, and faster car... WTH? Of course, it was with A/C on nearly the entire time, so maybe a couple MPG sucked up there.

I'm sure glad Nissan decided to go with the 2nd overdrive as 6th gear instead of making 5th 1:1. Also the fuel cutoff is at 130MPH on these things, but barely has the power to get there in 6th
  • © CEG Archives