Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
69Boss302 supplied the strut caps, my CNC buddy did the ZETEC script. I like em.

I used some scrap 6061 aluminum from work, an old FORD air cleaner nut screwed through the valve cover and polished it out to make my own spark plug cover. Yeah, the valve cover is dirty and stained. I plan on sandblasting it and repainting it soon.

Im gonna try to make a battery cover since I can get the aluminum for a good price.

I love cheap mods
nice touch......

i wish i could get aluminum for free
Those strut caps look SWEET with the bar! Valve cover looks good too!
Originally posted by buttersSVT:
nice touch......

Typo on my part. Not exactly free, but damn close. My work started charging me the recycling rate. 75 cents a pound
Originally posted by CRZYDRVR:
Originally posted by buttersSVT:
nice touch......

Typo on my part. Not exactly free, but damn close. My work started charging me the recycling rate. 75 cents a pound

holy pooooo can you say group buy?
Looks great. Nice job
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Added some shiney stuff under the hood. - 08/08/06 01:37 AM
Very nice, well done .

Aaron
yeah group buy? well for SVT too obviously....
Posted By: jtour Re: Added some shiney stuff under the hood. - 08/08/06 12:07 PM
Cool stuff. Dresses up the bay big time!

Originally posted by TheeSVTShow:
yeah group buy? well for SVT too obviously....

If anyone is interested, I might be able to work something out with my buddy. You supply the strut caps of course.

Anyone interested in the plug wire cover? I can make some more as I get more aluminum.

Thanks for the compliments
Very nice. A battery cover would be a big plus. Maybe a coolant resevoir cover, too?
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Very nice. A battery cover would be a big plus. Maybe a coolant resevoir cover, too?

I would love to build one, but I want a top and sides to completely cover the top half of the coolant tank, and I have no way to weld aluminum

Any ideas?
Cut and fold. Make it out of paper, then trace it out in aluminum. Cut the solid lines and fold the dotted lines. Here's a terrible drawing of what I mean:

Now I know Zetec's and Duratec's have different coolant tanks; or at least my tank doesn't look like that. If you think it's do-able, I have a spare coolant tank if you maybe want to try your hand at a Duratec tank.
Thats a great idea, but the aluminum is almost 1/8" thick, and does NOT bend without breaking, I tried

Im thinking about finding another car that I can get a chrome cover for, and using the coolant tank from that car.
Very well done, tasteful and well thought out
Aha! Better idea there!
Posted By: ElKy Re: Added some shiney stuff under the hood. - 08/09/06 11:50 AM
you should be able to bend teh aluminum without breaking it.
when i had my license plate brackets made up, they were out of 1/8" Al and they were bent to look like a "7" bent back at about an 80�° angle.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Added some shiney stuff under the hood. - 08/09/06 11:13 PM
Nice Zetec!
Looking good man, keep it up.
© CEG Archives