Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Soi have been saving for quite some time so i can do something fun. Some of you know that i have gotten rid of my contour for the fox, i've been buying and searching all summer and now that i have some time i can get around to doing all of this fun...

Here's the list, for now:

Hurst Shifter (already installed)
Adj. Fuel Pressure Regulator
Cobra Upper/lower intake manifold
FRPP 65mm TB
C&L 73mm Mass air
South Side Machining Lift Bars
Bunch of Ford Racing Gauges
and last but certainly not least the Vortech Blower

I still have to order injectors and hope i have enough for the tune haha, but i'll figure something out.

you crazy asian!
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
you crazy asian!

Are you blind? He's Mexican.
Hmm interesting!
You crazy bastard. Im angry you held out on me like that! You should have told me you were buying up parts left and right.

Hey, maybe that vortech will give you ebtter gas mileage and you can come down here some more
WOW , cant wait to see everything installed .

Aaron
Pudmunkie,

I start to wonder if you ever leave ann arbor. all these meets and you have never been to one. So you shouldn't be talking about people going places
You dirty Mexican, I give you a swift kick to the junk.

For making a fast car
Is that blower going onto your stock block? Wasn't it running a little rough at SZ06?

Mark
Holy crap!! All i can say is i hope you plan on upgrading the internals sometime soon as well...
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Is that blower going onto your stock block? Wasn't it running a little rough at SZ06?

Mark

everything is being dealt with don't worry.

The stock block can take up to about 450hp, i don't plan to be anywhere near that high so i'm not too worried about it.
Sure should fly after your done. What song we you like me to sing acapella at your funeral "Dust in the wind"?

You're my boy yellow!
DAMN! your car is gonna HAUL!!!

have fun with it!
Originally posted by The Five-Oh!:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

everything is being dealt with don't worry.

The stock block can take up to about 450hp, i don't plan to be anywhere near that high so i'm not too worried about it.

Oh I'm not worried, it's not my car.

I'm fully aware of what a stock 5.0 block can handle. At SZ, I just wasn't sure if YOUR block could handle that. Good to see the motor will be fresh though. Good luck with the install!

Mark
it'll be fine, i hope. once i get this stuff done i'll probably start saving up for a full motor build.
Actually many are getting closer to 550-600 rwhp on the stock bottom end. What you need to watch out for with the boost is the blown HG. I am currently running 15 psi on a mostly stock bottom end, but with arp studs and I am just lifting the heads. I don't have actual numbers, but based on traps and weights I'm in the 450-475 rwhp range. I'll find out later in the week when it finally gets tuned.
what size injector are you running? Good luck with the C&L meter, it's either hit or miss with them. My car ran terrible with the C&L, I switched to a FRPP and the car ran like stock, night and day.
How much boost you running?
Originally posted by turbo_fox:
Actually many are getting closer to 550-600 rwhp on the stock bottom end. What you need to watch out for with the boost is the blown HG. I am currently running 15 psi on a mostly stock bottom end, but with arp studs and I am just lifting the heads. I don't have actual numbers, but based on traps and weights I'm in the 450-475 rwhp range. I'll find out later in the week when it finally gets tuned.
what size injector are you running? Good luck with the C&L meter, it's either hit or miss with them. My car ran terrible with the C&L, I switched to a FRPP and the car ran like stock, night and day.
How much boost you running?

the pulley on there is good for 9-10psi, i also have a higher boost pulley and belt but won't use that anytime soon. i planned to use 30# injectors, i'm hoping the C&L works out.
Lookin ggood alex.. lots hawt. I am jealous....
Looks like some fun indeed!
Originally posted by SteedaSan:
Pudmunkie,

I start to wonder if you ever leave ann arbor. all these meets and you have never been to one. So you shouldn't be talking about people going places

Ive been to a few, it just so happens that alot of them happen on saturdays which I work . Alot of the other ones I dont go to because you're there. .

Plus if I leave ann arbor, I have to deal with the 'real world'.
I can see it now, Stang vs. Stang SZ07...BE THERE, BE THERE, BE THERE
Yea, good stuff is comin this way, i'm ready.
the pulley on there is good for 9-10psi, i also have a higher boost pulley and belt but won't use that anytime soon. i planned to use 30# injectors, i'm hoping the C&L works out.

i was running a c&l 73 with my 9psi paxton and never had any problems whatsoever.

can't wait to get that crap installed. have fun tapping the oil pan!
Originally posted by MxRacer:

i was running a c&l 73 with my 9psi paxton and never had any problems whatsoever.

can't wait to get that crap installed. have fun tapping the oil pan!

that's the only thing that i'm worried about
How hard can it be to drop the oil pan if necessary... don't they just come with a punch or something to make it easy?
Originally posted by Barge:
How hard can it be to drop the oil pan if necessary... don't they just come with a punch or something to make it easy?

it doesn't come with one, but it does say in the directions to use a punch and not drill.

it doesn't come with one, but it does say in the directions to use a punch and not drill.

Drills leave shavings.. if you're gonna drill you'd have to drop the pan... at least in my not so humble opinion.. well really it's more fact than opinion once it leaves my mouth.

Drills leave shavings.. if you're gonna drill you'd have to drop the pan... at least in my not so humble opinion.. well really it's more fact than opinion once it leaves my mouth.

that's why i do not want to drill.
call me crazy, but didn't someone make an oil-filter adapter plate to circumvent this whole oil pan tapping nightmare?

lol

ha
I took my pan out and drilled the two holes, then used bulkhead fittings. If i were to do it again, I would weld in some bungs. My bulkheads arent leaking, but it's still a pain no matter what.
I will find out on Friday how much more injector I need. Do you have the 30's yet? If not, would you be interested in mine?
Originally posted by turbo_fox:
I took my pan out and drilled the two holes, then used bulkhead fittings. If i were to do it again, I would weld in some bungs. My bulkheads arent leaking, but it's still a pain no matter what.
I will find out on Friday how much more injector I need. Do you have the 30's yet? If not, would you be interested in mine?

sorry already ordered a set cause i need them by this weekend.
© CEG Archives