Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ridered81 New Rims!! - 08/07/06 02:26 AM
Well, kinda.... the tires on my enkeis are pretty much bald and i cant afford new tires at the moment so until then i decided to spice up my stock rims. So far I have only completely finished one rim and the others are in progress but i think they turned out pretty nice. Any comments are welcome, good or bad. Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics but i will get some real pictures once they are all done and on the car. Enjoy!

Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: New Rims!! - 08/07/06 02:54 AM
Originally posted by ridered81:
Well, kinda.... the tires on my enkeis are pretty much bald and i cant afford new tires at the moment so until then i decided to spice up my stock rims. So far I have only completely finished one rim and the others are in progress but i think they turned out pretty nice. Any comments are welcome, good or bad. Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics but i will get some real pictures once they are all done and on the car. Enjoy!

not bad... Although dont use those for too long... painted rims = chiped like a mother.
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: New Rims!! - 08/07/06 03:01 AM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

not bad... Although dont use those for too long... painted rims = chiped like a mother.

Umm... E1 rims are painted btw. Been about 82k miles with no chips so far.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: New Rims!! - 08/07/06 03:06 AM
i made sure to sand them primer, sand then paint with several coats of clear coat on them. they should be fine for the short period of time that they will be on the car
Posted By: CRZYDRVR_dup1 Re: New Rims!! - 08/08/06 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ridered81:
i made sure to sand them primer, sand then paint with several coats of clear coat on them. they should be fine for the short period of time that they will be on the car

I did the same thing and it lasted fine. Even did the same paint scheme on my old SE wheels.

Looks good!
© CEG Archives