Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Sl33stak Dirty interiors? - 07/31/06 10:55 PM
OK, so I have thus far avoided several meets due to my "stained" carpets. I'd hate to be the one guy who showed up and everyone was like "damn, did you see that dudes carpet? The one with corn growin' on it?" So let me see some interior shots that are less than perfect, ones of people who have kids, or use the Tour as a daily driver, etc.
Posted By: Sl33stak Re: Dirty interiors? - 07/31/06 11:20 PM
LOL...lotsa replies.....
Posted By: CrazyCarl_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 07/31/06 11:23 PM
iwent to the last meet and my interior was dirty as hell....these aint trailer queens man.....dont worry about.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Dirty interiors? - 07/31/06 11:23 PM
maby a little later when i feel like getting up and going outside

the previous owner of my tour took there dogs every were

i did manege to resolve the carpets decently clean

there is still some places and right now i have trash gator ade bottles and whatnot all over the car
Posted By: rouar Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:50 AM
Posted in the NECEG topic just a few hours ago.
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
It's a meet, not a car show.
I think more members need to realize this. That would definitely increase attendance at meets.

You're an enthusiast. You show up to this site because you like your car, even if it's not quite where you want it to be.
You should treat meets the same way.
Show up, see other people's rides, shoot the shat about everything under the sun, and enjoy yourself.
No one is there to judge you or your car. Everyone is there to have fun.

NECEG has always been more welcoming of the person and not the car. I expect (hope, at least) that Michigan/EGL is the same. I've come to meets in my dirty filthy barely-running Contour (granted dirty-filthy to me is apparently my friends' definition of a spotlessly clean car since I get comments of the interior every time they ride in it) and nobody has cared. My carpet got stained and musty from various candies my sister's ex-boyfriend left on it as well as a nasty flooding issue I had one year. Ronin used to pull into meets with his side skirt barely hanging onto the car, and Po came to several meets with the entire HVAC vent plastics assembly missing from his dashboard. You won't get mocked - maybe you'll even get constructive advice like where the nearest/cheapest junkyard is (or, best of all, free parts from fellow CEGers - skunk alone gave me his SE badges and two of his 8-spoke alloy hubcaps as well as a grille to Goonz!).

Honestly if your car looks halfway presentable and cleanish (i.e. no Biggie containers littering the backseat, no Sharpie marker all over the interior, etc) you're already doing better than half of America. And the fact that you're bothering to come to a Contour Enthusiast meet shows you care somewhat about the car.
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:56 AM
matt you hit it on the head, my exterior is 3 different colors at the moment, didn't stop me from going to a meet and I did get the ricer comment but it was all in good fun
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:59 AM
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:
matt you hit it on the head, my exterior is 3 different colors at the moment, didn't stop me from going to a meet and I did get the ricer comment but it was all in good fun

ricer!!!
I can't believe you even showed up.
hehe
Posted By: 2000myst Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 01:09 AM
For 8 months my car was 5 different colors of primer, bondo everywhere, rust, holes, you name it.

Only at Real "Shows" should the car be meticulously(cant spell) cleaned or if you want it cleaned.

Matt was right. It is just good that you care enough to be apart of something that is bigger than that and enjoy it.
We basically have the same car, just different styles with different mods. Don't let other peoples opinons bother you.

Opinions are like @#$holes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Dan
Posted By: BrApple_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 01:51 AM
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:

ricer!!!
I can't believe you even showed up.
hehe

I almost just drove the mystique so that I wouldn't show up in a multi-color car ...

I think goonz was the only one that was suprised, as I told him in the thread that I wasn't going to get a mirko at this time ...
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 02:16 AM
A few different SVTs I have detailed recently. (Owners names withheld to prevent flaming and ridicule )

Me working out a stain:

Yummy!
Posted By: TGO Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Sl33stak:
OK, so I have thus far avoided several meets due to my "stained" carpets. I'd hate to be the one guy who showed up and everyone was like "damn, did you see that dudes carpet? The one with corn growin' on it?" So let me see some interior shots that are less than perfect, ones of people who have kids, or use the Tour as a daily driver, etc.

I have seen people here who drive around with towels on the floor so as to not get their carpets dirty. That's ridiculous. Now, I keep dirt off them as much as i can...but there are dark spots where my feet always are...I think one has a cigarette burn, and i even spilled a whole milkshake on the floor once. I'm not going to coat my car in plastic and stuff to keep it super clean. It's 7 years old, and after all - it's only a car.

Maybe if it were a DB9 or something
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 02:44 AM
If you want to see "dirty" interiors, just look at the shift knob thread.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 02:57 AM
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
If you want to see "dirty" interiors, just look at the shift knob thread.

ouch
Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 02:59 AM
My carpet got iced tea in it last week.

But then I gutted the interior and cleaned it, so my carpet is nice again.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 03:33 AM
Mine from a month or so back. I haven't cleaned it in a while- but if you get it up to speed and just touch up on it here and there, life becomes a lot easier.

Yes, that is a muffler and a tripod in the backseat

Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 03:47 AM
Dang it, I just vacummed mine the other day. It was pretty bad (can be found in previous posts of mine in this section). My carpet still isn't great, but can probably be cleaned up with some hard scrubbing. And I think if I get the svt floor mats cleaned up, it'll be looking pretty good.
Posted By: jtour Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:31 PM
One thing I try to do is to keep my interior as clean as possible. I think I have a great interior for a daily driver '99 tour. I think it should be clean cause I am spending time in it. I give people rides and I always get comments on how clean the inside of my car looks and smells.It comes down to just being clean.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:37 PM
Originally posted by jtour:
One thing I try to do is to keep my interior as clean as possible. I think I have a great interior for a daily driver '99 tour. I think it should be clean cause I am spending time in it. I give people rides and I always get comments on how clean the inside of my car looks and smells.It comes down to just being clean.

+1

It really doesn't take much at all to have a clean interior. If your careful not to make a mess, and just vacuum every month or so, it's easy.

It's when you get lazy and spill without cleaning it, drag in dirt because you didn't shake off your muddy shoes, etc, that you don't feel like cleaning it because it's obviously more work than just a quick vacuum.

I get comments all the time on my interior. Everyone thinks my car is at least a 2003+ if they don't know about the car. I hate driving in a car with a dirty and smelly interior. I want to be comfortable when I drive, and not have to battle garbage to get into the car or to try and find something on the floor.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 12:37 PM
Mine is a daily driver (hopefully changing sometime in the future...), but I try not to spill things.

I can stand being messy (bottles/paper/etc), but I can't stand it being stained.

I do a full interior detail every month or so, comes out very nice... my girl hates it when I clean the seats

She says she will never own a car with leather...
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 01:56 PM
Todd likes our backseat cleanliness.
He told me so in a drunken stupor.

I love a clean car.
I love hopping into it and having it smell as new as when they rolled it off the truck at the dealership.
I especially love when car show judges notice that new car smell.

sometimes I like sitting in people's dirty cars though.
It's fun to rummage through their junk and learn things about them. Same with messy rooms.
Posted By: Nezerconezer Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/01/06 03:02 PM

I love a clean car.
I love hopping into it and having it smell as new as when they rolled it off the truck at the dealership.
I especially love when car show judges notice that new car smell.

sometimes I like sitting in people's dirty cars though.
It's fun to rummage through their junk and learn things about them. Same with messy rooms.

Ugh its not so pleasent when your friend has weeks old soda hiding in the cup holders. Put my can of sprite in there and got splashed with that scummy crap. Worst ride ever. I wont ride in his car again. I dont care if it costs me an extra $100 a year I'm not going back in there.

I cant stand having a dirty car. Really bothers me, when I just purchased my car the carpet was stained. I couldn't stop looking at those stains. I even made a thred on the best way to get rid of old set in stains. The tips worked great. A clean floor and freshly cleand sadle soaped leather is a great scent.
Posted By: Pen_Two Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/02/06 05:37 PM
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Dirty interiors? - 08/02/06 05:57 PM

I've never drank before.
© CEG Archives