Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Lexxer My Tails.... - 07/25/06 04:42 AM
I'm sure this has been done before here but I was just wondering what you guys thought,

Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 04:53 AM
Totally ruins the lines of the car. Ditto on painted reflectors. If you don't want the reflector, then the pre-98 trunk is the way to go. Just my opinion of course. If you like it, that's what counts!
Posted By: Scottster Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 04:57 AM
Yeah, sorry I appreciate the consideration, but it doesn't jive with the "flow" of the car.

I find when I have an idea like that, I don't react impulsively, but think about it for a good month or two before going ahead with it. And most times if I don't...I regret the decision later on!
Posted By: Scottster Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:02 AM
P.S. Black out the B-pillar and sail panel. Don't just paint it Silver "because you can". Consider the flow/shape of the form in terms of the daylight opening (windows). I go to school studying Industrial design...just sharing some knowledge.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:04 AM
IMO I think its nice cuz its different with the rear taillights.

I dont like the corner silver so much but I do like the center reflector.

Howd you do it?
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:06 AM
I like the painted rear reflector,but with the chrome painted also.With out the reflector painted I think it gives off a granparents/oldsmobile type of look.But I agree with the other guys black ouot b-pillar mod.I'm not knocking on you at least your trying new things with your car
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:12 AM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I like the painted rear reflector,but with the chrome painted also.With out the reflector painted I think it gives off a granparents/oldsmobile type of look.But I agree with the other guys black ouot b-pillar mod.I'm not knocking on you at least your trying new things with your car

I beg to differ on unpainted looking like an Oldsmobile. My parents had a 4 door Cutlass Supreme. It had a stock body-color panel between the tails that looked like a painted panel. Yuck! (ebay example, NOT my parents' old car!)

Blacked out B-pillars rule on tinted Silver Frosts!

Posted By: 98EB_Expedition Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:49 AM
Mmmmmmm spinner hubcaps
Posted By: rouar Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 09:54 AM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
I beg to differ on unpainted looking like an Oldsmobile. My parents had a 4 door Cutlass Supreme. It had a stock body-color panel between the tails that looked like a painted panel. Yuck! (ebay example, NOT my parents' old car!)

You "beg to differ," then essentially agreed with his statement??

I actually like the painted reflector and tails. I agree with Scotster regarding the
sail panels (though I have no clue what "daylight opening" means).
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Rouar:
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
I like the painted rear reflector,but with the chrome painted also.With out the reflector painted (meaning unpainted) I think it gives off a granparents/oldsmobile type of look.But I agree with the other guys black ouot b-pillar mod.I'm not knocking on you at least your trying new things with your car

You "beg to differ," then essentially agreed with his statement??

I actually like the painted reflector and tails. I agree with Scotster regarding the

Reread. Slowly and out loud if it helps you. He said unpainted looked like an Oldsmobile. I beg to differ. Painted looks like an Oldsmobile, as shown in the picture.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 11:59 AM
Meh... I decided to not paint mine, I like the look of tinted way better.
Posted By: jtour Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 12:22 PM
Not bad but I like the red reflector. Still not bad though.

Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 01:01 PM
I like the taillights.
I don't like the painted rear reflector though
Posted By: Lexxer Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 04:39 PM
Well the closer you get up to it, I really effed up the rear reflector. It was looking good until I put clear coat on and it messed up so I need to redo it now =/

As for the tails I just followed the reflector part inside the lens and painted/clear coated it.

Thanks for the input though guys, good or bad. As for the pre-98 trunk it looks good I just don't have the money and I kinda like the rear reflector painted. Just my opinion, everyone has different tastes.
Posted By: Hightower GT Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 04:54 PM
It looks like t3h poopie.

Wrong color or silver as well.
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:27 PM
You can get pulled over and ticketed for what you did. You covered up the rear red reflectors that are required on the back sides of all cars.
Posted By: Scottster Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 05:40 PM

That's just how automotive designers refer to glass on the car. I guess I just picked that one up at school. Actually the industry norm for window graphics is "DLO" for day light opening. Dashboards are IP's, for Instrument panels, etc. Everyone loves to have abbreviations.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: My Tails.... - 07/25/06 10:09 PM
Originally posted by BlackE1:
You can get pulled over and ticketed for what you did. You covered up the rear red reflectors that are required on the back sides of all cars.

Im sure police will instantly know that and pull him over for it!
Posted By: Lexxer Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 03:11 AM
I have had quite a few cop cars behind me and around me everyday, I'm more worried about my tints then I am a cop pulling me over for my tails...which I did get pulled over a few weeks ago and the cop didn't say anything...not like its obstructing the taillights enough to not see them well.

And yes its not the exact Silver Frost but matches well enough for me
Posted By: rouar Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 10:00 AM
Reread. Slowly and out loud if it helps you. He said unpainted looked like an Oldsmobile. I beg to differ. Painted looks like an Oldsmobile, as shown in the picture.

I need to stop posting before 6am evidently.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:

I need to stop posting before 6am evidently.

And yet you made this last post at 5am! So much for practicing what you preach! LOL
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 06:06 PM

And yet you made this last post at 5am!

says 6 am on my screen.
you need to check your time zone settings, mayhaps
Posted By: ElKy Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 06:17 PM
yeah, wut shee sayd!
Posted By: Tourige Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 07:15 PM
looks [censored].
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 07:21 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:

And yet you made this last post at 5am!

says 6 am on my screen.
you need to check your time zone settings, mayhaps

Checked 'em and they're properly set. Are yours off maybe? Hmmm?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Hightower FTW:
It looks like t3h poopie.

Wrong color of silver as well.

^
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: My Tails.... - 07/26/06 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 98EB_Expedition:
Mmmmmmm spinner hubcaps

and side exit dual exhaust
© CEG Archives