Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: CSVT#49 My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:14 AM
Figured I should take some pics of the care after I spent all my time getting it prep'd for the show (header installed, Mirko splitter installed, triple gauge pillar and paint matched my bezels).

Posted By: m!key Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:16 AM
WOW! it is looking great man. good work on the details. it looks like you could fall into that paint. T-red is the best color on an svt.
Posted By: TRicker Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:16 AM
hey i missed you after the burnout comp (black contour guy) i put mine on the dyno! look at the post in the north central section, slip to be up soon
lookin' awesome
usually I don't like painted interior pieces, but I think you did a great job.

I would have removed the hood liner.
Posted By: B.Brattina Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:20 AM
didn't know the first year came with 'cassete' players

car looks sick though
I LOVE T-RED SVT's then again, I love all SVT's Red with black and gold is dead sexy. excellent work, keep it up.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:22 AM
BEAUTIFUL CAR

Needs less gold painted IMRC cover and that hood liner IMO
Posted By: Tourige Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:23 AM
Man that thing looks DAMN SEXY with the mirko and Hightowers.

also the rims match the high towers NICELY.

Only gripe is the IMRC cover and the stock intake.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:26 AM
Originally posted by TRicker:
hey i missed you after the burnout comp (black contour guy) i put mine on the dyno! look at the post in the north central section, slip to be up soon

Yea we ended up leaving shortly there after. However I did go and check out your car. I like the switches man they look pretty wicked. I wouldn't mind a ride in your car to see how the nitrous works for ya.

Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
lookin' awesome
usually I don't like painted interior pieces, but I think you did a great job.

I would have removed the hood liner.

Thanks. As for the hoodliner I don't mind it as it is still in one piece. The previous owner painted "SVT" on it, but unfortunately he didn't do that great of a job. I haven't gotten around to trying to fix it.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Needs less gold painted IMRC cover and that hood liner IMO

Originally posted by Tourige:
Only gripe is the IMRC cover and the stock intake.

Yea I kind of hear ya on the painted cover. I wanted to get a red carbon fiber one but the cost has really been keeping me from it. The paint was kind of a substitute for the time being. As for the stock intake that will be going as soon as I find the time and money to move the battery to the trunk and buy a full length CAI from what used to be customcougars.com

Posted By: TRicker Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:35 AM
#49 it would be my pleasure to give you a ride man, especially when i get my clucth done! you have my # maybe next weekend if your not too busy you can meet me out at the midway for a ride i would like one too, to see how they compare N/A
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:40 AM
Well I'll give you a ride assuming I have my clutch broken in by then lol. I'm fricken waiting to see what these headers have to say at WOT. It's driving me nuts especially with my iron foot hovering over the gas pedal!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 04:49 AM
Beautiful T-Red SVT , I miss my T-Red SVT . You did a great job on the small details way to go.

Aaron
Posted By: rouar Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 09:44 AM
Originally posted by B.Brattina:

Not particular to 1998 - all years had the CD player as an option (just as they did the sunroof). However, not many didn't come fully loaded so seeing a tape deck or non-roof SVT is fairly rare.
Posted By: jtour Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 12:20 PM
Looks hawt!

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 01:54 PM
Those wheels are sweet, what kind are they?
Posted By: Scottster Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:

Not particular to 1998 - all years had the CD player as an option (just as they did the sunroof). However, not many didn't come fully loaded so seeing a tape deck or non-roof SVT is fairly rare.

Pardon my preying eyes, but what is the button to the right of the defroster? Trac. Control?

My 2000 just has a black insert there and it looks cheap.

And, yes like everyone else said, that is one mean lookin 'Tour. Beautiful paint work too.
A matte dark bronze wheel throws everything off IMO. Also need some better looking lug nuts. Everything else looks great though.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 04:47 PM
needs redline hood lift kit and an in-dash dvd player

sick ride bud
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/24/06 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Rouar:

Yea mine has neither of those. I think this car had the bare bones options for the SVT. With no sunroof or CD player. It did however have the optional wiring harness problem

Originally posted by Scottster:
Pardon my preying eyes, but what is the button to the right of the defroster? Trac. Control?

My 2000 just has a black insert there and it looks cheap.

It's not what you think. I bought that switch from a Mondeo in the UK. They had there climate control setup with all buttons rather then the turn style knobs. What you see there is two defrost buttons one for the rear and one for the front. I'm going to make the front defrost button into a push button for my fog lights.
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: My car after the CC Summer Nat's show - 07/25/06 03:01 AM
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Those wheels are sweet, what kind are they?

17" SSW Trex wheels in bronze. When I bought them they looked to be more of a goldish color in the pictures, however they are more of a gun metal grey in person.
© CEG Archives