Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Klasse Act "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 03:18 PM
In another post Todd said that the only "Bold Moves" from Ford was the Mustang, well, I couldn't agree with him anymore May I present to you to "shinning example" of that to you guys and BTW, yes I know, I should've waited

The first new Mustang here at "The Compound"

Bad ass rims

One of the best seats in the house

"Stylin' and profilin'"

One of the best pics IMO

Darth Vader, your car is ready!!!

19's on a Mustang, its a beautiful thing

Ready to gallop out of "The Compound"!

I bet alot of people will be seeing this view of Ed's ride in the future

"Coulda, woulda, shoulda", yeah, yeah I know, I should have one of these in this garage of my own

Cool in the shade!

BTW this is SVTEdwardo420's 2006 Mustang GT and I'd like to thank him for trusting me with his baby, the thing only has about 4K on the clock, so its pretty hard to part with it, especially with how nice it is this weekend. I guess his buddy was messin' around with some fireworks and it needed some attention I applied what I learned from SZ and waited 12 hours to add the final step after SG, in this case we went with Souveran because the car is basically driven on the weekends as its his "toy". His car also reminded me of why I'll never own another black car, but because its someone elses, its no biggie

P.S. theres no engine compartment shots because all I did was degrease the engine bay because he's putting headers on it next weekend

Posted By: 1FASTDAD Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 03:43 PM
Nice. Love those 19's

Wesley
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 03:44 PM
Love it....with the 19s though....it needs a lower BAD!
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 04:38 PM
Another happy customer just picked up his ride He told me he's got a Brembo/Wilwood setup planned for it, so I'm thinkin' he'll lower it at the same time, then it will REALLY be bad ass in black
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 04:57 PM
I don't like the seats. I've sat in em and well they need MUCH more bolster. Only gripe with the car.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
P.S. theres no engine compartment shots because all I did was degrease the engine bay because he's putting headers on it next weekend

headers?? what about the supercharger he supposedly was getting??
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 05:58 PM
Originally posted by MxRacer:

what if he is getting... dare I say.. both?
Posted By: MxRacer Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 06:06 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

he was supposed to have gotten the S/C months ago.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 08:07 PM
I think he got the car monthes ago

I agree with you Pete about the seats, but I think they (Ford) thought that most people would cruize it like the muscle car that it is, so maybe thats why they are the way are

As far as a S/C-er on that car, damn is about all I can say With Ed putting headers on it next weekend, axle back exhaust sometime afterwards and those brakes he was talkin' about, it looks like he's got a plan for the winter down time Oh I forgot to mention this too, he's got a SWEET Pioneer flatscreen w/ navigation....
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 08:11 PM
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

he was supposed to have gotten the S/C months ago.

I've sat on a supercharger for a while now, some other things in life take priority over car tunes. He does have the car afterall...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 08:15 PM
I agree, the biggest part is taken care of, the car, the mods will come intime I mean he's already got:

-sweet 19's
-NICE stereo/NAV system
-tint
-headers to be put on
-"Compound treatment"

IMO, he's going pretty good already
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 08:39 PM
Yeah, get a pic of the NAVI, that is kickass. I sawit at redline a few weeks ago.

Needs HID's.
Posted By: Harrry Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 08:57 PM
Personaly i would of done the supercharger before rims stereo and wax job brake kit and headers.

That is me though.

Nice ride no doubt about it.
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 10:48 PM
Ok first off i would like to thank roger ... the car is very nice... and i already have the supercharger, the problem is , i have a 3 year 36,000 and i dont want to void it right now becuse im having problems with the car that need to be fixed before i supercharge the car, so dont go talking like i dont have the s/c with those comments . i do so stop there. and i did just order a set of headers i couldnt pass up the deal so those will be on next weekend. and the supercharger will be on within the next month. because i have a 3 week break off of school. so ill have plenty of time to do it. i was kind of scared to s/c it but i was talking to 2 guys down at woodward friday night that both had 05 mustangs that were supercharged one with 10 lbs of boost and another with 14 completley stock motors and drivetrain. i just didnt wanna slap a supercharger on with nothing else done to the car , i have alot of plans including a full roush suspension also . but its expensive.. any way once again roger thanx i apperciate it. and i should have some supercharger pics within the month
Posted By: ilive4sports Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/23/06 11:48 PM
So which supercharger kit did you go with?

You have a really really nice car. Your plans for it and everything you have already done to it make the car even better.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 12:28 AM
Beautiful GT you've got there Ed.
Nice detail job Roger.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:18 AM
First off no problem Ed, the pleasure was all mine! Its more of a "labor of love" for me Also, thanks Luca, I really appreciate it.

Now Ed, what type of problems are you having with the car. In my short drive to the quarter wash to clean the engine bay up a bit I didn't notice any problems with your car, but then again I didn't get on it either, so whats up with it? Now your smart NOT to void that warrenty right away, so if you wait to install it....smart guy and its a "bold move"

Speaking of "bold moves", I forgot to take a pic of something interesting on Ed's ride. The gas cap "suggests" using BP fuels, are you kidding me Ford How much did they pay you guys for that advertising, what whores

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing your car again in the fall Ed for that free wash/vac/spray waxing and then you can put it to sleep for the winter
Posted By: MxRacer Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:38 AM
Originally posted by SvtEdwardo420:
Ok first off i would like to thank roger ... the car is very nice... and i already have the supercharger, the problem is , i have a 3 year 36,000 and i dont want to void it right now becuse im having problems with the car that need to be fixed before i supercharge the car, so dont go talking like i dont have the s/c with those comments . i do so stop there.

take it easy chopper. you had been talking about it for so long, i was starting to wonder....
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:50 AM
Ed knows I love his rims, BUT!, I'd love to see that car with your style rims Dave

Black car, black interior, limo tint and some black bullitts
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:53 AM
The gas cap "suggests" using BP fuels, are you kidding me Ford How much did they pay you guys for that advertising, what whores

Go look at the Ford Fusion gas cap. It suggests SHELL gas. It's not a BP thing.

Mark
Posted By: jtour Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 12:24 PM
Gosh thats a sick looking car!
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:09 PM
Yea the problems are drivetrain related, its grinds real hard, if im really getting on it from first to second , and second to 3rd, it pops outta second sometimes if im getting on it. and the weirdest problem is if im on the freeway and down shift, the car will stumble all over the place its hard to explain, itll like bog down its going way to lean or rich or something isnt engaging properly , but i take it into the dealership and they say nothings wrong, so i guess i sshould just blow the tranny and motor and GET A NEW ONE hahaha yea right but any way thanks for all the positive comments.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 02:18 PM
The dealership says nothing is wrong, because they are driving the car under normal driving conditions. You tell them you are beating on it, they don't fix the problem You're between a rock and a hard place with your situation.

Mark
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 03:48 PM
I told them it was under "hard" acceleration.. they just dont get it . so im going to take it back in and see if they will take the tranny out and tear it down, i knmow they will see premature wear on the gears, and it will have to be replaced. but getting them to do that will be hard as hell. its either that or i drive it until it blows up.
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 04:32 PM
Take one of them for a ride in it yourself.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 05:00 PM
sweet stang man. i alllmost picked one up myself when shopping for my cobra. i found a few nice ones, fully loaded with leather for about $20k. those cars look soooo good modded. ive heard someone is making the Shelby GTH hood. that hood is sick. and check out Classic's ducktail spoiler.

what s/c did you go with?? please say Pro-charger...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 05:17 PM
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

Or Kenne Bell.. I'm assuming they've made one for the 05's by not, right?

Mark

Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
The gas cap "suggests" using BP fuels, are you kidding me Ford How much did they pay you guys for that advertising, what whores

Go look at the Ford Fusion gas cap. It suggests SHELL gas. It's not a BP thing.

Mark

So, we've got one advertising BP and another one advertising Shell, WOW!, another "bold move"
Posted By: MxRacer Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by svtizzle4stizzle:

Or Kenne Bell.. I'm assuming they've made one for the 05's by not, right?

Mark

i think he said he was getting a procharger.

as for the BP and Shell ads on the gascaps, who gives a rats ass?
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 06:43 PM

as for the BP and Shell ads on the gascaps, who gives a rats ass?

that's what I was wondering. Its no difference than 'filled with Mobil1' crap.
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 10:58 PM
Yea i went with the p-1sc procharger with a 8 and 10lb pulley , im going to start with the 8lb one for now and go from there. The kit is a full kit , fuel pump, injectors, tuner, all the piping. I also kinda went a little big on the intercooler, and got the one for the D-1sc so its alot bigger. also im using my spare nitrous tank from my contour and use it to spray the intercooler. i got a set of 4.10 gears also .
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 11:24 PM
Hey Dave, I only mentioned the gas cap thing because I've never seen that before

Now, about that 4.10 gear set Ed, don't you think thats a bit too low seeing that your going with a S/C-er I'm thinking a 3.55/3.73 would be more than enough IMO. Also, are you going to Alternative Perf or someone else for all this work or what?

Oh Dave, just for the hell of it... LOL!
Posted By: SvtEdwardo420 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/24/06 11:51 PM
Well yea i had thought of going with a 3.73 , but this is only a weekend car, and will be going to the track alot so im not to worried about it. Im going to do the install and then find someone to tune it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/25/06 12:09 AM
I put BP or Shell in my car.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: "Bold Moves" at "The Compound" - 07/25/06 01:09 AM
Might wanna check with Barge or Dave (MX)
© CEG Archives