Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
my mom bought her Grand Prix GT last year during the GM sales event. She decided she liked the new grand prix's and wanted to pick one up while she could get what she wanted for a very fair price.

She got an 05' completely loaded with everybody but the flappy paddle shifters and the supercharger ( ) still hauls pretty nicely though.... I decided to be a good son and wash AND wax her car for her today. I feel like im turning into another Roger, every other week im posting about a car I waxed. lol.

So lets start with the dirty pictures, shall we?

Now the clean pictures...

So im looking at these pictures and I think to myself, my god... This is actually a pretty good looking car... So I decided to take the GP to one of my most favorite photo shooting places.

and to keep it contour related, here is a pic of my old beloved contour... on one of the last times I detailed it.

what no comments? I thought I did a pretty good job....
You did do a good job, It's just that car is insanly ugly (IMO)
good job but im not the biggest fan of the car.
car looks alright to me, but the old Grand prix looked alot better!
Is that a specialized license plate or is Michigan finally switching to a more interesting design standard?
Originally posted by Rouar:
Is that a specialized license plate or is Michigan finally switching to a more interesting design standard?

you have a choice, I think its like $10 for the blue one, or $25 for the sunset one.. my mom bought the plates... I still have my OFJ F31 plate with the sunrise on it, but my new car came with a blue one and I was just too lazy to have the changes made.

I know the GP isnt the best looking car... But man it drives so nice... I think was wrong with the car is the shoes they put on it... Ever since Pontiac has made the GRand prix they have put fairly ugly rims on them combined with fat ass tires, and I HATE that. I think if this were my car, I would get some 18 inch rims with a 5 spoke design and a gunmetal finnish, drop the ride height by about an inch.... Oh yeah, that would look schweeeet.
great pics, sorry i dont like the car though
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
I think was wrong with the car is the shoes they put on it...

They look like 13" rims because the car is so big. 17" minimum on a car that size! What is that, a 235/100/16?

Mark

Looks good.

My favorite pontiac is the GTO but the car looks sharpe.

Originally posted by jtour:
Looks good.

Personally I look at the GTO and I get angry... I think Pontiac did the wrong marketing technique with it... Vauxhall made the car originally, since technically Vauxhall is Euro GM, but they made this sweet muscle car called the Monaro VXR with an early Vette engine for an extremely affordable price; GM liked the idea and brought it to America... The BIGGEST problem I saw with marketing this car was calling it the "GTO" because it was NOT in any way shape or form a GTO, nothing about it resembled the original. The reason why the charger, the new mustang, the new challenger, the new camaro, the reason why they are all so hyped about is because they ACTUALLY look like really retro versions of the older models made back in the day. People generally like old things with a cool new twist. For example, the new charger was taken from being a pure 2 door car to a 4 door sedan that still had the grunt of the classic charger... Plus people want 4 doors for the praticality.

I think the GTO, or more commonly known as the Monaro would have done 100x better only had they given it a different name. That simple. They should have just put Pontiac badges on it and called it the "Pontiac Monaro." I am not going to lie, I do like the styling of the GTO, and you get a lot for what you end up paying for one... but if I ever owned one, first mod... removing all of the badges and replacing them with Vauxhall Monaro badges. Because that�s really what it is... isnt it?
First thing that should have been done to this car in detailing it is removing the dealer sticker on the trunk lid

Originally posted by Fmr12B:
First thing that should have been done to this car in detailing it is removing the dealer sticker on the trunk lid

lol, she would... but we are kind of family friends with the dealer, hentz the really good deal for the car My mom doenst mind advertising the dealer at all, plus leaving that on there makes her oil changes with filter and tire rotation (when needed) only $19.99 and that includes a free wash
Originally posted by jtour:
Looks good.

Personally I look at the GTO and I get angry... I think Pontiac did the wrong marketing technique with it... Vauxhall made the car originally, since technically Vauxhall is Euro GM, but they made this sweet muscle car called the Monaro VXR with an early Vette engine for an extremely affordable price; GM liked the idea and brought it to America... The BIGGEST problem I saw with marketing this car was calling it the "GTO" because it was NOT in any way shape or form a GTO, nothing about it resembled the original. The reason why the charger, the new mustang, the new challenger, the new camaro, the reason why they are all so hyped about is because they ACTUALLY look like really retro versions of the older models made back in the day. People generally like old things with a cool new twist. For example, the new charger was taken from being a pure 2 door car to a 4 door sedan that still had the grunt of the classic charger... Plus people want 4 doors for the praticality.

I think the GTO, or more commonly known as the Monaro would have done 100x better only had they given it a different name. That simple. They should have just put Pontiac badges on it and called it the "Pontiac Monaro." I am not going to lie, I do like the styling of the GTO, and you get a lot for what you end up paying for one... but if I ever owned one, first mod... removing all of the badges and replacing them with Vauxhall Monaro badges. Because that�s really what it is... isnt it?

Oops I meant early GTO's I agree with you 100% The GTO looks like a cavalier on 'roids. Still I wouldnt mind having one.

What happened to the tires and how about the engine compartment pics
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

the tires are nothing amaizing.... I cleaned them but I dont put tire shine on them, it looks horrible with that big of a tire... Engine compartment... Come on, we have all seen a 3800... If you havent, where have you been for the last 3 decades?
A friend of mine picked up a 2004 last month and loves it. Its ok to me but there are a few things that I don't like.

You need to show your mother this site so she can get some aftermarket items for that thing!!!

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GP1906&Product_Count=&Category_Code=04EXT
alias jerk, your so right about the rims, i bet if you had some bigger rims and thinner tires it would make a world of a difference.
Originally posted by ridered81:
alias jerk, your so right about the rims, i bet if you had some bigger rims and thinner tires it would make a world of a difference.

exactly... just go to tirerack.com and use their rim viewing program... LOTS of way better rims that they could use... I saw a 99 with 18's on it and dumped, looked hawt.
Nice cleaning/ waxing job but this post needs...

less Pontiac!
Originally posted by Klasse Act:

the tires are nothing amaizing.... I cleaned them but I dont put tire shine on them, it looks horrible with that big of a tire... Engine compartment... Come on, we have all seen a 3800... If you havent, where have you been for the last 3 decades?

What I mean is a "complete" detailing, thats all
Would it kill Pontiac to get rid of those god awful looking exhaust tips ... that and maybe mount them parallel to the road.
Pontiac may suprise everyone and go completely RWD, thats what I read anyways and if they do, look out
Originally posted by jitb:
car looks alright to me, but the old Grand prix looked alot better!

I agree that i like the older ones better, but nicer wheels would definitely help the newer models!
© CEG Archives