Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: GTO Pete 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:29 PM
If you are interested in being in the 2006 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

=Note=
Although the 2005 Calendars were successful, in an effort to get back to 2004 (click me) level of calendar, there will be only one calendar with 12 CEGers' Contiques represented.

This means getting in will be tougher than last year. Resolution, clean car, great background, unique angles, mods, etc. are all very important.

Just because you have the wildest Contour on earth, you will automatically be eliminated if you don't have 1600 x 1200. You might have all categories nailed but your car is dirty. How is that calendar worthy? It's not.

1. Don't get upset/angry/bent out of shape/panties in a bunch
If someone criticizes your car, take it like a man. Everyone has an opinion - doesn't make it right. I do this on my free time and want to produce a good product for CEG, not deal with a bunch of s.

2. Must be a current CEG member
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

3. High Resolution - 1600 x 1200 MINIMUM
Many 2005 candidates were "elimintated" due to having low resolution pictures. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!!

4. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, multiple Contiques ( ) are big pluses.

5. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.

6. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004 or 2005 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

7. Photoshop
Absolutely no PS pics.

8. Submission
Try to submit smaller versions of your pics. If you are considered to be a candidate, I will contact you requesting high resolution versions.

9. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like 2004 and 2005, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

10. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo
This was added for the wiseguy below.

=Other info=
Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2006.

Deadline to submit pics
October 31, 2004
This gives you four weekends to wash, wax pose, shoot and submit.

Following this date a CEGer will help design the cover and layout and design of the calendar.

Calendar release date
Shooting for the 2nd week of November

Here is a sample of a "high-quality, calendar-quality pic":
(Would need to be bigger though - size reduced for sample)

- Vehicle is very clean
- No visible damage / work in progress
- Unique background
- High resolution provided

This should answer all questions, but I'm sure someone is bound to not read my post and ask "When is the last day I can submit pictures?"

~Andrew
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:36 PM
Needs more duratec!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:40 PM

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:45 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
If someone criticizes your car, take it like a man. Everyone has an opinion - doesn't make it right. I do this on my free time and want to produce a good product for CEG, not deal with a bunch of s.

Definitely the most annoying part of prior year calendars was hearing people whine about criticism. Good call Pete!

Mark
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:46 PM
That first pic needs less front yard. The landscaping doesn't make it obvious, but the house across the street does.

Mark
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
That first pic needs less front yard. The landscaping doesn't make it obvious, but the house across the street does.

Agreed.

Goonz:
Good start:
1. Car is very clean
2. No visible damage/work in progress
3. Pic is clean (not blurry, off angle)

Drawbacks:
1. Houses in background
2. Reflection of house off your car
3. Partially shaded

Keep shooting!

Mark, you better have some good pics again this year my man. (And you too mikeboy)

Posted By: m!key Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 10:02 PM

Posted By: Beowulf Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 10:12 PM
Holy FLAT, Mikey Boy!

You people need mountains. The car looks great, BTW.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 10:18 PM
Great pic by the covered bridge!

Posted By: myconsvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 10:55 PM

98 Black csvt
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 10:56 PM

Posted By: myconsvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 11:09 PM

98 csvt
Originally posted by Quick_SVT:
Needs more duratec!

it's close. a 2.8L v6

~Andrew
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/06/05 11:37 PM
Quote:

98 csvt

Do you honestly think we are going to put your car in the calendar? Your car is stock and the pictures suck a$$. What the hell goes through people's heads?
Here's mine, i don't think there's ever been a nightshot in a CEG calender, i can hope.

I realize these may be too dark, but i'd figure i might as well post em just in case.

Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 01:08 AM
Alex i like your 2nd to last pic.
Pic one

Pic 2

I will try and get out and get some better ones.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 03:21 AM
I got some! Just a Taster, i got LOTS more coming

THis one is a personal Fav:
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 03:49 AM

Here are some more, i still have more loaded on my camera still and ill try to get them up soon. i have SUPER hi-res of all of these pics btw.
This thread said No P.S. pics, so does that mean i cant Photoshop out licence plates?

Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 05:29 AM

just an observation, like last year...

cars... dont... drive... on... the... grass... they drive on roads, in parking lots and race tracks... grass not so much, so a picture of a car on the grass looks normal how?
Posted By: 111R Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 08:27 AM

Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 11:59 AM
It will be my number one priority to get into the calender this year. Here are a few pics I took the other day... I must get in!

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:16 PM
Originally posted by QuicksilverSVT:

Not high resolution unless you have some you didn't post.

AND NO PICS WITH THE DAMN TIME/DATE STAMP OR CARDOMAIN STAMP!

For those that might not know this is what you need to shoot for...

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:19 PM

Deadline to submit pics
October 31, 2004

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I must get in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/RawBurt/The%20Project/Fountain005.jpg

Then you need a better camera. Your pics are like the allergy commercial currently running.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:28 PM
Originally posted by todras:
I must get in!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/RawBurt/The%20Project/Fountain005.jpg

Then you need a better camera. Your pics are like the allergy commercial currently running.

I think I just need to learn how to use it better!

We need good weather so I can take a bunch more.

Edit: Damn, not high enough Res.

I suck at internet.
Posted By: m!key Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:30 PM

no. that is definately a bad camera.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:31 PM

Many 2005 candidates were "elimintated" due to having low resolution pictures. Scanned or enlarged pics will not work. The higher the resolution the better!!!

[

I hope people are seeing this. I'm not running this but I'd note that you have hi-res of the pic you're posting.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:33 PM
Originally posted by mikey boy:

Damn, its brand new... Could it be because those were taken without a flash?

I think it's 1600x1200.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:35 PM
Originally posted by STRYPED BS:

I suck at internet.

And a handicapped sign! I'm glad I'm not running this there would be 3 ppl that would make the cut. Fromt he pics I've seen so far. As Pete said get some magazines!
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
just an observation, like last year...

cars... dont... drive... on... the... grass... they drive on roads, in parking lots and race tracks... grass not so much, so a picture of a car on the grass looks normal how?

i didn't see "normal looking" as one of the requirements.

What do you have the resolution set at? I hope you don't have it set on the "I wanna get as many pics on this card I can" setting.

Although it looks mor elike bad allergies or nasty hair gel has been smeared on the lense....
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:47 PM

I suck at internet.

And a handicapped sign! I'm glad I'm not running this there would be 3 ppl that would make the cut. Fromt he pics I've seen so far. As Pete said get some magazines!

Did I make your cut Todd ????

Oh, wait. You don't read my posts any more. Nevermind.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 12:54 PM
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Oh, wait. You don't read my posts any more. Nevermind.

Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 02:09 PM
Here's a few shots I didn't include in my recent pics and vids thread..

And my favorites of the others:

a couple Duratec Shots for good measure

and a link to my page
Posted By: 96BlackSE Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 03:33 PM

I have them available in 3072x2048

Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 04:12 PM
Your fourth has my eye. That's a great shot with the angled wall in the background.

What do you have the resolution set at? I hope you don't have it set on the "I wanna get as many pics on this card I can" setting.

Although it looks mor elike bad allergies or nasty hair gel has been smeared on the lense....

you need a trypod or a steadier hand
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 04:27 PM
How many times have we said 96BlackSE has the most calendar worthy pics?? If he doesn't make this calendar, I'll be very surprised and disappointed. Keep up the good work!!

Mark
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 04:34 PM
Great pictures 96BlackSE.

Excellent looking car, fo' sho'!
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 05:16 PM
I like his 2nd pic. Now there is a pre-98 worthy of a calendar.
^^ i couldnt agree more^^ those are some hott pics
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 05:59 PM

This pic has gotta make it into the 06' calander. This is Hec"tour" running the Dragon back in 04', but who cares if its an old photo, its a great photo. If it does make it, can it say something about the Dragon? I ask this because maybe we can get more CEG-ers from other parts of the country to make it out there instead of the usuals that seem to make it out there every year I also like the pic of Mikey Boys ride on the road where its all grass and sky
These are all 800x600 but originals are 2272x1704. Took these last week after a 2-day fullbody claybar and Mothers 3-Step treatment I was real happy with the results...

more here... link

Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 07:13 PM
So simple and yet so hot looking ...
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 07:58 PM
Great pics there. I nominate for the calendar, but don't know which one I like the best.
Originally posted by akrump47:
So simple and yet so hot looking ...

Originally posted by Big_B:
Great pics there. I nominate for the calendar, but don't know which one I like the best.

thanks guys
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/07/05 08:59 PM
I may have some pics in a few days. Just got my Koni Sport suspension on. Needs some camber plates but it will look good once I clean it up.
Everyone please take notes from 96BlackSE!

It almost makes me laugh with some of the pictures suggested by people. Some of these guys cars would have potential, but its little things like dirty wheel wells, no tire shine, dusty sideskirts from not being washed in a week, lack of luster from the paint from no detailing in who knows how long. Looks like I need to throw the 19s back on and go out and take some pics.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

It almost makes me laugh with some of the pictures suggested by people. Some of these guys cars would have potential, but its little things like dirty wheel wells, no tire shine, dusty sideskirts from not being washed in a week, lack of luster from the paint from no detailing in who knows how long. Looks like I need to throw the 19s back on and go out and take some pics.

Yep... and most of the first pictres were taken in driveways or in their neiborhood just like the first post says NOT TO. Oh well, i will get some good pictures sometime soon.
Posted By: slingersvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 01:01 AM

I hope this isn't a crack on my pic's...I have followed the rules and have very high resolution copies of all pic's (800x600 posted so not to kill all that veiw this thread) as stated and all pic's were taken at a local park . My car is in imaculate condition inside and out with NO scratches or dents (well maybe a little on the bottom of the front but not very visible) and VERY clean and just about as shiny as Silver can get The only thing that I will agree needs more work are my headlights

I really don't care much either way I just saw the thread and posted the pic's I recently took for myself after 2 days of detailing my car from top to bottom. As I said I'm VERY happy with the results and the appearance of my car.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 03:51 AM
some of you guys have some great pics but the lighting is way off. as suggested, look in a magazine (or at 96blackse's pics) to see how a professional photo looks. you never, ever want the car's (or anything else's) shadow IN the picture. a friend of mine who was an editor for Truckin magazine said noon is always the safest bet for taking quality photos. the sun is directly overhead so no shadow-casting. if you must shoot with a shadow, do it so the shadow is behind the vehicle, so you cant see it. there are some good pics up above but too much shadow or too dark. some of them look reallly good though.

I nominate 96blackse #3 and #6. that has to be one of the best action shots i have seen on this site!
I like his 2nd pic. Now there is a pre-98 worthy of a calendar.

I really think the colors in 96BlackSe second picture has what it takes for the calendar. The mirror like finish down the side of the car contrasted with the green of the leaves and the metallic street light poles. Even the lone figure sitting on the bench just adds so much interest to that picture.

PS. I think the calendar needs an equal balance of pre 98's along with the post 98's.

Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 04:09 AM
Scott, I don't think it was a crack at your pics. Your pics are very, very, very nice. I'm sure most CEGers would agree!

I dont know if Black and white is considered a Photoshop or not... So here is the color version, I like it in B&W, but the color one looks sweet too.

I have High Res versions of both (well DUH). Thank you all for considering my entry. Us Pre98's gotta have some love
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 05:44 AM

My 3 favorite. I have hi-res of all.

Robert
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 11:40 AM
Originally posted by RobSVT-t:

My 3 favorite. I have hi-res of all.

So let me get this straight. You live in Miami and that's your submission?
scott, i wasnt referring to your pics.
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 06:17 PM
So let me get this straight. You live in Miami and that's your submission?

Well, I'd have better ones from Miami but 2 things keep me from that...A) I no longer live in Miami, I live in Orlando
B) I currently don't have my car, it's still sitting in Miami with some issues.

Those are the best pics I have, I did take some night time pics, but because I didn't have a tripod, they came out blurry and what not.

So go suck rocks!

Robert

Originally posted by Matt R:
Scott, I don't think it was a crack at your pics. Your pics are very, very, very nice. I'm sure most CEGers would agree!

Thanks...I think they are a little dark for the most part (they are untouched but could be brightened up a little if necessary) but I was in a park with lots of trees. They could have been a little better with a tripod as well. I was pretty much just messing around with my camera while my son was having baseball practice. I'm no photographer that's for sure...just learning from others pic's. Once and a while I get lucky with a shot. I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 4300 in auto mode...but I did play with the flash on and off in some of the pic's.

scott, i wasnt referring to your pics.

Didn�t really think so...no biggy anyway I was just messing around and stirring the pot a little

To be honest, I really don't think my car is all that special. There's probably 1/2 dozen or more nice silver SVT's with FSVT wheels and a few with the cowl hood and a couple with 13" Baer brakes. I have a Mirko in the garage but still lots of them as well. It's just real clean with a few goodies...but nothing really that different from many others on the board. Good luck to all, in all honesty I really don't expect to be in the calendar

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/08/05 10:30 PM

All are available in very high resolution.

i do have high res. available too!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 04:48 AM
Is the high res one not blurry and timestampless? taht would look awesome
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

I'm guessing it is the same, just larger.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 07:44 AM
This is looking really bad so far. You guys need to go out somewhere and take some pics, go find some mountains, or a field, or try going downtown and looking at some interesting spots, i know there are TONS around your local hometown, you just need to look.
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

I'm guessing it is the same, just larger.

yea, still blurry, pisses me off too!!

such a good pic though, if it wasnt timed and blurry
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Quote:

98 csvt

Do you honestly think we are going to put your car in the calendar? Your car is stock and the pictures suck a$$. What the hell goes through people's heads?

Scott you read my mind sometimes. Not only that. but he posted the pics twice. Once before LocoZ and once after...
Here are my first 2 submissions... These are from Sounddomain, but the originals are 3504x2336.

I'll be taking some "static" pictures soon and posting them as well.

Posted By: Snipey Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 07:43 PM

yea i do have high-res without cardomain tags too.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Snipey:

yea i do have high-res without cardomain tags too.

This is the one of the few that are nice, good work!
Posted By: Snipey Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
This is the one of the few that are nice, good work!

thanks for the comment, for the record that isnt a house in the background, its some monument thing or something important like that.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/09/05 09:13 PM
People really need to read the requirements before posting pictures in this thread.

This is not just a thread to post any old pictures of your car for everyone to see.
Enough of the "in front of the house" ones, how are these (all available in higher res)?

There's my submission... Mystique Representin'!

I do have high-res avaliable also, let me know... these were photoshopped down to size...
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 03:47 AM
these pics are both hawt

Originally posted by SoundQ SVT:
Here are my first 2 submissions... These are from Sounddomain, but the originals are 3504x2336.

Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:10 AM
the only decent pics i have of my car

Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:14 AM
Originally posted by incubusjunkie614:

i do have high res. available too!

nice , lets see some more

And here they are... Sorry for posting so many, but I could not decide which to choose... Originals are 2048x1536.

(Also available with green, blue, teal, or pink light under the car)

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 01:36 PM

if this doesn't make it in i'll cry.....
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 01:50 PM
Originally posted by pole120:

that is a beautiful picture!!!!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 01:57 PM
I'm with pole!!!!!!!! Holy crap nice work Bob!
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 03:31 PM
Originally posted by MX Racer:

It's a little dark isn't it?
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 03:34 PM

It's a little dark isn't it?

I will agree with that, its an awesome picture and all... but quality wise
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:12 PM
What good is a calendar without variety.

Just my opinion. *I just don't want another Calendar that is all daytime pics.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:23 PM
Their I lightened it for the babies.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:26 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

AND NO PICS WITH THE DAMN TIME/DATE STAMP OR CARDOMAIN STAMP!!!!

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 04:54 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You're a tard....he said he has the originals...so no cardomaine stamp, and high res.

The original has neither... I just use CarDomain (actually I use SoundDomain) to host the pics so you can see them here. I'll e-mail the original when the time comes if it is selected.

Oh, and thanks everyone for the props... It is a pretty cool picture, and I took it yesterday about 5 minutes from my house.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 05:00 PM

No...

You're a tard....

I wasn't talking to the original poster... Lighten up
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 05:47 PM

No...

You're a tard....

And everyone knows this.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 06:29 PM

No...

You're a tard....

And everyone knows this.

pwn3d

Rawbutt, wanna race??

it's the internet, don't get all bent out of shape...jeeze
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 06:36 PM
Rawbutt, wanna race??

SZ06... Put your money where your mouth is NA though.
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Pre98:
What good is a calendar without variety.

Just my opinion. *I just don't want another Calendar that is all daytime pics.

Night pics can still be bright enough to show off the car.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 06:38 PM
Rawbutt, wanna race??

SZ06... Put your money where your mouth is NA though.

you're on...back to the normally sheduled thread.

if none of these make it in, i will be annoyed!! lol

**prays to calendar gods** **choose at least one!**

two more!!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 08:05 PM
Those are some awesome pics man, I was worried from that first picture taht you were cameraretarded. BUT you pulled through for the win
suweeeeet pics man
Posted By: GS474 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/10/05 09:17 PM
i doubt theese wll even be considered but what the hay

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 01:41 AM
Here are my submisions, i iddn't enter last year because i didn't think it was worthy, but after a lot of work, time and effort, i've got something i can be proud of, and i'm by no means any where near done with this car.

The original are 2592x1944

Pole, car looks 100x better without those ugly powdercoated SE wheels. Well done
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 05:32 AM
Hopefully we will see more Pre-98's this year, because the past 2 years have been 80% SVT's and Pre-98's
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 05:44 AM

These are amazing...

I want Hi-Res...
Posted By: White99SE Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 01:08 PM
I know these won't make it in, but what the hell. I have the originals in hi-res.

Posted By: TjZ Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 01:14 PM
now that is how you drive, wonderful work guys.
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 01:16 PM
some nice pics have been posted, some extremely good pics, and some that make you think 'what was that guy thinking?'
all in all so far, i loe alot of them and can't wait to see the calendar, only wish my car was worthy enough to be on it...

I vote for this shot, just try to see if you can pc the Lightning out of the back ground. Or at least crop the photo to get rid of it.
Can you email me the original? That shot is GREAT. john.f.preston at gmail dot com
Originally posted by chknhwk:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/166000-166999/166133_42_full.jpg

I vote for this shot, just try to see if you can pc the Lightning out of the back ground. Or at least crop the photo to get rid of it.
Can you email me the original? That shot is GREAT. john.f.preston at gmail dot com

I wouldnt mind the original of this shot as well if its not too much trouble. brian.grimes at gmail dot com
Posted By: MLuko Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/11/05 05:13 PM

I lost my digital camera in our camper fire.. so these are all the pics i can turn in..
Originally posted by g r y m e s:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/166000-166999/166133_42_full.jpg

I wouldnt mind the original of this shot as well if its not too much trouble. brian.grimes at gmail dot com

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you guys would like a copy e-mailed to you? Just curious... that's all.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you guys would like a copy e-mailed to you? Just curious... that's all.

I was planning on selling it and making millions. But honestly, I think it's a very well done and exciting photograph. One that would look great on my desktop.
Originally posted by incubusjunkie614:

if none of these make it in, i will be annoyed!! lol

**prays to calendar gods** **choose at least one!**

Pic's are nice but your front tag ruins them
...get rid of the tag for photo shoots and you have a winner

The front tag pretty much ruins all CSVT's IMO
OK - I might as well throw MY hat in the ring . I just wish Webshots would allow direct linking . Maybe someone could host 'em for me ??

SVT in the trees

SVT low front

SVT bridge (wide)

SVT wheelwasher

I have more pics in that folder , maybe some are better calendar pics (?) . I have hi-res pics of all of 'em , BTW .
Wow!

Just from what I've seen here I'm CERTAINLY getting next year's calendar!
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
SVT wheelwasher

Now that is a neat picture...
I think SVT Pete's post needs to be quoted for all you to read again. 95% of the pictures posted in this thread are honestly crap. You have car domain on the pic, date/time stamps, they are all low res, they are taken in front of McDonalds and Walmart parking lot, and they plain suck. Seriously, pick up a magazine and take a look at their photos and emmulate. I would be more than happy to post every single pic that is NOT calendar worthy, better yet, I will pick the ones that are worthy. It will save me time.

If you are interested in being in the 2006 CEG calendar, here are the requirements:

=Note=
Although the 2005 Calendars were successful, in an effort to get back to 2004 (click me) level of calendar, there will be only one calendar with 12 CEGers' Contiques represented.

This means getting in will be tougher than last year. Resolution, clean car, great background, unique angles, mods, etc. are all very important.

Just because you have the wildest Contour on earth, you will automatically be eliminated if you don't have 1600 x 1200. You might have all categories nailed but your car is dirty. How is that calendar worthy? It's not.

2. Must be a current CEG member
It doesn't make sense to have pics of cars of people that no longer are on CEG or own the car.

4. High Quality
Pictures in your driveway, in front of your house, lined up at a car show, people/other cars/houses/telephone poles in the background, etc. are not calendar quality.

Suggestions: Take a look at auto magazines and see what kinds of pictures are used for cover and featured rides. Action shots, neat angles, multiple Contiques ( ) are big pluses.

5. "Work in progress" / damaged cars
Primered parts, meshless, one spare wheel, etc. are unacceptable. Contiques with dents, scratches, etc. most likely will be eliminated.

6. No repeat pictures
Pictures from 2004 or 2005 will not be used. Pictures from that same series will not be used.

7. Photoshop
Absolutely no PS pics.

8. Submission
Try to submit smaller versions of your pics. If you are considered to be a candidate, I will contact you requesting high resolution versions.

9. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like 2004 and 2005, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know.

10. Must be a Contour, Mystique or Mondeo
This was added for the wiseguy below.

=Other info=
Mods
Although visually very helpful, mods are not the only determination of inclusion/exclusion from the calendar. This is a calendar - it is visual. Cars can be any color, any year, mild to wild.

Who gets in
The process for selecting what pictures will be in the calendar will be at the discretion of a small panel of CEGers from throughout the country.

Content/layout/design
The calendar will be very basic due to price. The fancier it is, the more it will cost. Last years calendar was slightly under $20 shipped for a very basic calendar. We'll continue that for 2006.

Deadline to submit pics
October 31, 2004

Following this date a CEGer will help design the cover and layout and design of the calendar.

Calendar release date

Here is a sample of a "high-quality, calendar-quality pic":
(Would need to be bigger though - size reduced for sample)

- Vehicle is very clean
- No visible damage / work in progress
- Unique background
- High resolution provided

This should answer all questions, but I'm sure someone is bound to not read my post and ask "When is the last day I can submit pictures?"

Posted By: MLuko Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 02:27 AM
Originally posted by tirminyl:
I think SVT Pete's post needs to be quoted for all you to read again. 95% of the pictures posted in this thread are honestly crap. You have car domain on the pic, date/time stamps, they are all low res, they are taken in front of McDonalds and Walmart parking lot, and they plain suck. Seriously, pick up a magazine and take a look at their photos and emmulate. I would be more than happy to post every single pic that is NOT calendar worthy, better yet, I will pick the ones that are worthy. It will save me time.

or you could PM the people with the cardomain on there pictures for the hi-res ones photobucket wont let me up-load hi-res pic's anymore
here are some more

Originally posted by Tour4reak:

or you could PM the people with the cardomain on there pictures for the hi-res ones photobucket wont let me up-load hi-res pic's anymore
here are some more

Or they can make it easier for the judges and find a suitable host for their high-res pics. Also, just because they post high-res doesn't mean their pics are good. ALL requirements must be met, not just one.
this is an older picture, but i like it...
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 03:20 AM

Chill killer. If you read more than half of those pictures have 'WILL EMAIL HIGH RES W/OUT CARDOMAIN' somewhere in the post. I would be PISSED if all these people posted up 1600 x 1200 pictures, it would take ages to scroll through. These are PREVIEWS of what everyones got.

The people you should be jocking are all the driveway pictures, and all the regular everyday pictures.

Ive got some kick ass pictures of the car in my yard, which honestly you cant even tell its a yard, looks like a freaking state park. BUT I prolly wont post them up because they are just your everyday 1/4 front 1/4 rear side pictures. This stuff takes an artistic touch, like SoundQ's city lights behind his, etc. If I couldnt blow the thing up ginormous size slap a frame on it and be proud to put it up in my living room, it shouldnt be in the calender.

My favs so far:

PS <3 to all the people who dont like quoting pictures
I think SVT Pete's post needs to be quoted for all you to read again. 95% of the pictures posted in this thread are honestly crap. You have car domain on the pic, date/time stamps, they are all low res, they are taken in front of McDonalds and Walmart parking lot, and they plain suck.

Dude...

LAY OFF THE CARDOMAIN stamp...

It is a means of getting the pic on here to show... The originals that will be e-mailed are higher res and will not have the stamp on it.

I personally don't want the super high res pics on here... I'd rather see the smaller, lower res pics that are up for consideration and then let the committee ask for the top 15, 20, or 25 high res pics to be e-mailed for the final selection.
Ugly winter picture:

Picture with ugly phone pole; I never notice those little things until I see the pictures on the computer.

Fine, I will lay off the high res comments but what about the crappy pics? Can you help me solve that?
Wow.. thanks Pudmunkie for pickin' 2 of mine.

I know I said in my original submission that I had other underbody colors available for the one of mine without the car lights on. I think I need to post them here just so the best one can be considered for inclusion.

The important thing to notice is not only the difference in the underbody colors, but that the sun was going down (quickly) and the city lights in the background get a little more prominent in each successive pic.

Again, the originals are all 2048x1536.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 03:50 AM
Another Dragon pic....me in front of a Cobra!

I have the original hi res pics too.

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 03:50 AM
soundq action shots always rock, and your car has a nice stance. Must be the stereo. Im serious, SQLs has a great front quarter shot with the HnR's and his stereo.

You've got a knack for photography it seems, part-time hobby?
soundq action shots always rock, and your car has a nice stance. Must be the stereo. Im serious, SQLs has a great front quarter shot with the HnR's and his stereo.

Hmmm..... H&R's + heavy stereo = great stance... Yeah, I'd agree with that.

You've got a knack for photography it seems, part-time hobby?

Naw. I am an accountant so I have no artistic skills.

Well, maybe I have a little bit of skill, along with a small tripod, a 3.2 megapixel Olympus digital camera (actually I bought it for my wife but she doesn't know how to use it), and a couple of really scenic spots close by. That, and the knowledge that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Note to everyone... The action pics of my car were not taken by me. I was driving my car at the time. They were done by a professional that was working the event (Digital Race Photography) and I bought them from him.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 04:15 AM
Fine, I will lay off the high res comments but what about the crappy pics? Can you help me solve that?

i'd say the quickest way to solve that is to contribute some that you feel are of good quality yourself. maybe lead by example?

naaahhhhhhhh!
Okay...

You guys want magazine-style pics...

Here you go. These pics actually did appear in a magazine feature of my car. They are property of the magazine and no I dont have higher res copies of my own. These are here for demonstration only.

link to the magazine article... linky
This is the only decent picture I have and it isn't even that great...but here she is...

i'd say the quickest way to solve that is to contribute some that you feel are of good quality yourself. maybe lead by example?

naaahhhhhhhh!

Ok:

Just wish the guy wasn't in background

OR

Only if there wasn't a front plate
Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 12:56 PM

naaahhhhhhhh!

Ok...

no... i meant your own pics... not already ones posted.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 01:25 PM
Here's a few I've taken this year.

Posted By: AgFrost Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 01:39 PM
So what if they are reposts... right?

If other people can post blurry pics, so can I!!

This one needs 2 be cropped a little..

naaahhhhhhhh!

Ok...

no... i meant your own pics... not already ones posted.

Well, if you would like a MSP (lets not even go there) in your calendar then I would do so. SVT Pete already posted a good example and directed the readers to the 2004 calendar so they can model their images from. Lets follow SVT Petes rules and get a good quality 06 calendar.
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
Another Dragon pic....me in front of a Cobra!

I have the original hi res pics too.

I know that Cobra! LOL
BTW, thanks for stopping.
Just busting your stones man, that's a great shot! Did you buy those from the photographers that were there? I can't remember the name... Can I get a copy of that too since I'm in it? Great shot...
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 03:26 PM

heres the pics of my car! i have the hi-res saved so enjoy!
dayum i will give it up todras those are some hotttttt pics man
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 03:59 PM
todras - hotness! The parking garage pics are real unique.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:09 PM
Thanks. And if a pic of a car with a limp di[k bendy antenna on it is chosen I will not buy it.
Posted By: Robsdaace Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:28 PM
ok todras no 1 is forcing you to buy a calendar so stop hating on my car just because the antenna.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Robsdaace:
ok todras no 1 is forcing you to buy a calendar so stop hating on my car just because the antenna.

Did I say they were forcing me? I'm stating a fact. Rawburt's and Ryan's also has one. You guys should be ashamed of putting a $5 CB antenna on such a nice car. I trust Pete's decisions. He has taste so I'm not worried.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:38 PM
Hey, at least yours is straight!
Posted By: LadyX Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:41 PM
X was going to install that antenna and for some reason it didn't fit right so he ended up sending it back. I am glad he did now that I come to think of it. Contours should have either the stock lightning rod or shaved with internal. Don't get perverted now guys!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 06:49 PM
I'm perplexed at why people think this looks good. They put on nice rims and give the car a nice drop and some mesh and than a $5 RUBBER ANTENNA! Looking great there Sanchez.
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 07:15 PM
well todras everyone has ther own taste in what does and doesnt look good.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 07:38 PM
I personally just unplugged mine so it never goes up. I dont need it, or use it. Ever.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/12/05 07:58 PM
Mine came on my car, so
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
I personally just unplugged mine so it never goes up. I dont need it, or use it. Ever.

Me too... I have my Sirius antenna on the back deck next to the third brake light and don't even listen to the radio anymore.
i put mine on my car and i like it, like we always say to each thier own, but it seems that todras cant ever let things go and he loves to harp on certain things day in and day out. if you dont like it so what, you have said your peace a million times, everyone knows you dont like it todras so get over it dude and move on.
Originally posted by LadyX:
X was going to install that antenna and for some reason it didn't fit right so he ended up sending it back. I am glad he did now that I come to think of it. Contours should have either the stock lightning rod or shaved with internal. Don't get perverted now guys!

You've got a good head on your shoulders. All I really read was rod, internal, and shaved. At least you knew it was coming...
and she is friggin smokin hott too. yeah yeah i can say that right gigi cause you knows me x is 1 lucky man
Posted By: LadyX Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 01:07 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
You've got a good head on your shoulders. All I really read was rod, internal, and shaved. At least you knew it was coming...

Oh god I knew it LOL Thanks Ryan, I owe you a 24oz Tall Boy
Posted By: MLuko Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 01:15 AM
is there gonna be 2 calendars this year? i'd buy both of them
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 01:20 AM
read first post
Posted By: MLuko Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 01:22 AM
read first post

Doh!
I'll RE-quote part of Pete's first post :

8. Submission

I'd rather see "smaller" pics in this thread . It's MUCH easier on non-DSL-equipped sods (like me) look through the pics . I believe that's why Pete asked us to do that . Plus , then you don't have to scroll left & right to try to see the whole pic (not all at one time) . Please scale 'em down , folks ! Thanks !

BTW - I've seen some great pics !

Posted By: stilov Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 02:30 AM
too many words in these posts and not enough pics...
Originally posted by stilov:

Too many crappy pics and not enough good ones.

Amen to both of you
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 03:24 AM

I'll make sure to take a few more sessions' worth

Posted By: MLuko Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 03:33 AM
i need to borrow a digi cam.... bad.. mine got burned up in the camper fire
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Oh god I knew it LOL Thanks Ryan, I owe you a 24oz Tall Boy

hehe cool gigi.
Posted By: muskamike Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 01:59 PM
I had actually forgot about the calander, otherwise I would of taken specific calander photos and good locations. These are the only high res I have. The last photo is thrown in there just to keep my reputation going.

High Resolution available for calander.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 02:07 PM
Originally posted by muskamike:

Inspecting the rubber quality of your wiper blades?
Posted By: LadyX Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 02:27 PM

Must be because he was cool enough not to have a rubber antenna
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 02:32 PM

Ummm, huh

Whatever... Mike your g/f is gorgeous!
Posted By: Big_B Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 03:10 PM
Originally posted by muskamike:

What are the rules for the calendar concerning females? I assume this is a calendar for cars only. I know my girl would love to pose, and of course I'm talking about quality and tasteful pics only. I guess it wouldn't hurt to throw one out there for fun.
I love hawt chicks nearly as much as the rest of you, but I'd prefer not to have anything but Contiques and scenery in this calendar - no models displaying the cars.

screw you gigi,lol
I just got a 6.1 megapixel Digi Camera and took some KILLER pics yesterday evening. Hopefully, they are much more worthy than my first ones.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 05:26 PM
Post them... Or did you lose the memory card...
Post them... Or did you lose the memory card...

Memory is internal, so no way to loose it, lol.

Can't post them at work anyways... camera and software are on my home computer, doofus. I'll put em up sometime late tonight or EARLY next morning after skool.
I was hoping he lost the memory card
todras - hotness! The parking garage pics are real unique.

I agree, those were some of the coolest pics so far.
Posted By: Mark T_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 10:24 PM
I haven't seen any Mondeo pics on here yet so I thought I'd be the first, here you go.
I've got all these in Hi-res as well but have reduced them to make it a bit mre 56K friendly
If you want any Hi-res ones let me know

Not really for the calendar these ones but I thought I'd share it with you guys anyway

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Mark T:

Lights look great man.
Posted By: Wulfen Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 10:29 PM
Clean engine bay
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 11:15 PM
This one better make it:

Beautiful picture and car man!!
Posted By: BaggedSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/13/05 11:21 PM
http://www.fantomforce.com/Caleb/102_0458.JPG
http://www.fantomforce.com/Caleb/102_0459.JPG
Ah what the heck, I'll toss my hat in the ring. These were taken with film, but are downsized for posting friendliness. I have bigger versions if need be.

I also hope to get my hands on a digital camera and take some more shots just for this.
Posted By: Wulfen Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 02:40 AM
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:

This one should be in the calendar.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 02:46 AM
Normich, it almost looks as if you built a scale miniature of your car and took some pics (the blur and such)

Imo that makes a pretty cool pic
Thanks..I guess. LOL. I've had one photography course but haven't used the camera I'm using a whole lot so I'm not always real good with the focus and such. The blur was total accident, but your right, the one pic from up above does look a bit like a model. Now if only I could afford a digital SLR....
Originally posted by Wulfen:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/NorMich99SE/Contour/6771350-R1-008-2A.jpg />

Im just glad your not making the decisions
Originally posted by Wulfen:

I disagree. Look at the tires. They're brown and dull. They need to have some tire dressing on them. And the pic just doesn't do anything for me in general.

The Mondy pics above however were pretty cool.

Posted By: MxRacer Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 04:36 AM
i'll throw this one up for the halibut (hi res avail)...

Posted By: SVTStuntin Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 03:39 PM
nice pic dude, that should make it
Posted By: LadyX Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 03:40 PM
I agree MX, that pic rocks!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 04:03 PM

The Mondy pics above however were pretty cool.

Very cool.
How about a group shot...

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 04:40 PM
Group shots shouldn't have any people in it, and should ONLY be Contours/Mystiques. Also, better lighting is a must Alex. Idealy, if there were some cool group shots from Spring Zing, that would be cool.

Mark
Group shots shouldn't have any people in it, and should ONLY be Contours/Mystiques. Also, better lighting is a must Alex. Idealy, if there were some cool group shots from Spring Zing, that would be cool.

Mark

well those were jsut examples, not true suggestions.
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:

Mark

well those were jsut examples, not true suggestions.

Good.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:27 PM
my submissions, may have more later

This last one got ruined by those two trucks int he background, but i still like it
Pud, that road must look so kick ass when the foliage changes huh?
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:32 PM
Nice pics, but the 1st and last pics are the best ones IMHO, the others just seem too far.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:39 PM

We've got a winner!
Where were those pics taken out Puddle of Munkey?!

Looks liek a fun road, too.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Mark T:

You Mondy guys all know how to take great pics!!
No, they suck at taking pictures, they just have the most beautiful backdrops.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:49 PM
Welp, I'm heading out to get some new pics. I need to do some modifications so that I don't get fire from say, Mark, about my mudflaps

I have a few twisties in mind, two parks, and downtown later tonight.

Hopefully I crank out some "original" pictures, but we'll see!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 05:52 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/Pudmunkie/DSC01126.jpg

We've got a winner!

I think I may have to agree with you Rawburt.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 07:47 PM
The pics were taken today . The road is awesome when the leaves are all red, Maybe ill take some pics in the comming months at that same spot .

That road runs along huron river, and you can find all kinds of different cars out that way , in fact I just saw a brand new honda civic SI on that very road (Sick looking!). At night the bikers like to go jeebuz fast dodging racoons and deer and such. I tend to keep it a bit tame as there is a sheriff station not far from there...

Posted By: Mark T_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 08:41 PM
Heres a couple more pics for ya, probably not really calendar material but I like them

Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 10:11 PM
Here's mine:

Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 10:21 PM
JC,
You've got a clean SVT, you just need to find a more scenic background. I'm not trying to be the "picture police", but a lot of cars in here have a lot of potential, but need some more creativity as far as pictures go. Not to pick on your pictures Justin, but the parking lot lines kill it. I'm sure GA has some scenery, so go find some!

Mark
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/14/05 10:46 PM
JC,
You've got a clean SVT, you just need to find a more scenic background. I'm not trying to be the "picture police", but a lot of cars in here have a lot of potential, but need some more creativity as far as pictures go. Not to pick on your pictures Justin, but the parking lot lines kill it. I'm sure GA has some scenery, so go find some!

Mark

I understand what you are saying, there's a national park I could take pictures at a few miles from here. Maybe I'll do that later.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/15/05 05:29 AM
My submission.. likely to be canned, but still fun to enter:

The file is is the small 1mb version.. I have the full size version available, should my entry be picked.

Perhaps I will dig through and find others to enter with, as well, later on.

Ray
Posted By: SVTStuntin Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/15/05 03:40 PM
When is this calender coming out? Also is it possible to still buy the previous two years calenders?
Okay, got it all washed up and detailed, so here are my calendar entries. If I may be so bold as to say, more pre98's would be a pleasure for the calendar.

Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/15/05 08:18 PM
Nice pics Curt, way better then the last ones posted.
I'd put my car in here, but I have no good scenic pics and my car is just plain stock.
Thanks again Jason. These last pictures had some thought behind them. Took time to compose the shots. The earlier ones were done in a hurry.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/15/05 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
How about a group shot...

If, and ONLY if, this one is used, how about merging the other half together, although technically it would be a P/S.

I'd rather see just cars but.......who knows.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/15/05 11:14 PM
Alright its time for me to post a few pictures for the calender, so here they are. Enjoy! All pictures are available in high res...

Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/16/05 04:10 AM
Hm, you guys want group shots, this one maybe ok but what do you guys think (even tho there is a few dodges in the back ground) This was taken at an Ohio meet in July.

I can get you a higher res. if you need one.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/16/05 04:13 AM
as nice as a group shot would be, i think it would take away from all the other calender worthy pictures. Now if you could get a nice group shot with a nice scenic background or something then id be all for that.
Originally posted by Mystique97:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/Pudmunkie/DSC01126.jpg

We've got a winner!

I think I may have to agree with you Rawburt.

What about this one? Like the way the road twists and trees all around ya

Originally posted by SVTStuntin:
When is this calender coming out?

Once people stop submitting horrible pictures then the judges can filter through the good ones.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/16/05 06:22 PM

Once people stop submitting horrible pictures then the judges can filter through the good ones.

Submit some of your own, damnit!

I take great offense to that statement, not towards my pictures but the community's as a whole. So WHAT if some of the pics are bad, there are already plenty of good ones that worse came to worse, they would be used.

<rant off>

Submit some of your own, damnit!

I take great offense to that statement, not towards my pictures but the community's as a whole. So WHAT if some of the pics are bad, there are already plenty of good ones that worse came to worse, they would be used.

<rant off>

O'rly? I take offense to you taking offense to me offering help to the community and bring forth thought to those who are thinking of posting horrible pictures. There are countless pictures that are blurred, bad lighting, horribly chopped, and completly busy. If people know their pictures are not up to par then why waste time posting them? Nobody wants to see them.

Save time, save bandwidth, read SVT Pete's post and stop the non-sense. As long as there is a terrible picture I will be there to notify them and send them back to Photo 101. I would like to see the calendar be successful and get back to the way it was in 04.

I guess to leave this post on a lighter note, I would like to see one of your engine shots in the pic.
I agree 100% Mark, If i was the mod of this section i would have deleted half of these pics as they are crap.

Not to be an ass but they are, Links would help out a lot more but no people have to post them..

Get serious when posting and think about the pic before you post it.
Here are my submissions..

They are in 800 x 600 but I have Hi Res.. Just ask.

I have more, but didn't want to put more pics in the post:
http://www.foldthecorners.com/contour/Oct/IMG_1382sm.jpg
http://www.foldthecorners.com/contour/Oct/IMG_1375sm.jpg

Like I said, I have them in High Res.
Posted By: snakous Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/16/05 11:26 PM

Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 03:16 AM
Looks like there might actually be some Pre-98's in this year.
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 03:33 AM
I think there should be a bunch, some great pictures in this thread.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 11:06 AM

Posted By: ToasterOven Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 02:31 PM
too many of these pics look like they wernt thought out. like they drove the car in front of a something and just snapped a pic.
some pics makes it look like your driving off the road, like the car is jacked up in the front or the tires jumped off and rolled around in the mud.
put some thought into it!
then again, there has been alot of beautiful pics here too, so , kudos!
Most of these pics are "whore sessions". Seems like everyoen just wants a shot at posting a pic of their car.

Soon as I go back out and re-take the pics I took a few days ago (stupid me took them on super low res ), I'll put the winners up.
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 05:55 PM
time for some group shots...for once..

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 05:59 PM
Originally posted by foldthecorners:

minus the front plate, this is aight.
Thanks pole, but the front plate is staying.
Posted By: snakous Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/17/05 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

that would be an awesome pic with the water in the background if it was a decent picture. it isnt really much of a group shot as much as one car with 2 sitting right next to it cut off the screen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/goonz12/15.jpg

<sarcasm>Awesome group shot.</sarcasm> Try to get the entire group next time.
Originally posted by Stryped:
Most of these pics are "whore sessions". Seems like everyoen just wants a shot at posting a pic of their car.

Soon as I go back out and re-take the pics I took a few days ago (stupid me took them on super low res ), I'll put the winners up.

Talk about whoring ones pics Please don't post anymore of yours, please.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 02:56 AM

It's a little hard to get the entire group and still have the pictures come out good.

Get it?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 03:05 AM

It's a little hard to get the entire group and still have the pictures come out good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/evosprt69/NE-CEG%20Fall%20Cruise%202005/NE-CEGFallCruise028Large.jpg

Get it?

agreed, its hard and I picked that picture because of the whole river in the back and etc...plus its New England Fall in the background at its best..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/evosprt69/NE-CEG%20Fall%20Cruise%202005/NE-CEGFallCruise028Large.jpg

Get it?

Lollerskates. I have yet to see a good group shot posted in this thread.

My two submissions. Two years old now...wing is long gone.

Wow, I am glad you are such a nice troll. Why do you have such a vested interest in this thread... I don't think you are doing any good by telling people that their pictures arn't good. I agree with you that most of them are definitly NOT calender quality... but I don't quite agree with your method of conveying it.

I have a high res version that is cropped to remove timestamp.
Posted By: Wulfen Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:11 AM
Originally posted by NECeg'er:

Good one!!
But maybe just cut the date...
Look at the text under the picture. I have a copy without the timestamp that i have cropped.
Posted By: Wulfen Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:52 AM
Sorry...
I was fixed() on your picture so I forgot to read.
That is a very nice photo. Keep em coming!
Originally posted by NECeg'er:

Wow, I am glad you are such a nice troll.

http://www.digitalslacker.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/doug.jpg

I have a high res version that is cropped to remove timestamp.

Thank you. Going strong for almost 3 1/2 years.

Also, nice pic but I think the windows needed to be up on that one. It draws attention to the fact that the rear doesn't go down all the way and that's all I see when I look at it.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 01:15 PM
Also, nice pic but I think the windows needed to be up on that one. It draws attention to the fact that the rear doesn't go down all the way and that's all I see when I look at it.

WTF are you? I don't remember you when you actually had a Contour, and now you think you run CEG?? I don't know the specifics, but I doubt Pete has you as a friggin judge of the Calendar. Post up pictures of your Mazdaspeed Protoghey and let everyone rip on it.. Constructive criticism is one thing, but geez!

Mark
Posted By: SAV Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 01:37 PM

WTF are you? I don't remember you when you actually had a Contour, and now you think you run CEG?? I don't know the specifics, but I doubt Pete has you as a friggin judge of the Calendar. Post up pictures of your Mazdaspeed Protoghey and let everyone rip on it.. Constructive criticism is one thing, but geez!

Mark

Sorry. But I thought it was funny.

FWIW, I think these are some calendar-style pictures. They aren't worthy of the CEG Calendar because, natch...they aren't Contours.

I'd criticize the ZX2 one even, as good as the BG is, because there are yellow road lines.

These are submissions I have as far as Contours go. They aren't many, and some I expect to be knocked out immediately, but it's what I've got:

Hope this helps. Somewhat.

-SAV
Posted By: AgFrost Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 01:41 PM

Mark

WTF ARE YOU!!!
This is a guy who is trying to help out this calendar, being a little blunt, but truthful none the less. People are submitting blurry, way underexposed pics with timestamps? Are you serious? At least he is not calling other peoples cars ghey! If anyone should be in the hotseat about posting, it should be YOU! And you jump his sheit for saying the windows need to be up? We all know our back windows are dumb, why take pics with them down? Maybe he's just bragging about how his do.. I'm tempted to post some of his pics for him, but after all, this is a Contour calendar.
Now back to the topic...
A few of OutlawdSVT's car

Mark

How clever. Did you actually come up with Proteghey on your own? I find that that is hilarious and I will use it sometime to attack another Protege owner. Cute. I also can't seem to find where I failed to give constructive criticism. From the post you quoted me on, I simply mention that the windows should have been up due to them being a distraction, other than that, I think that is a good pic. I think that was nothing more than constructive criticism. Now, if this was a post your Mazdaspeed Protoghey (im just in awe of how wity you are) then maybe I would but there are currently no pics I like of my car, even if they are calendar worthy.

AG- I am in love with with 2nd and 3rd pic. I really like that moon shot.
Posted By: AgFrost Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 02:57 PM
Originally posted by SAV:

FWIW, I think these are some calendar-style pictures. They aren't worthy of the CEG Calendar because, natch...they aren't Contours.

Hope this helps. Somewhat.

-SAV

Are you F'n kidding me? THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP?
Under construction homes with a trash dumpster sticking out of the hood?
Wait, maybe it does help, DON'T POST PICS LIKE THESE!!
Posted By: m!key Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 02:57 PM
but there are currently no pics I like of my car, even if they are calendar worthy.

even if you could get nice pics of a piece of [censored] it is still a piece of [censored].
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 02:59 PM
but there are currently no pics I like of my car, even if they are calendar worthy.

even if you could get nice pics of a piece of [censored] it is still a piece of [censored].

Well said, I personally think this thread is in dire need of a "cleaning".

oooo. Now my car is a piece of [censored]. Don't make right turns

edit- Let's get back to the calendar submissions. You try to flame me when your taking this off topic and to personal attacks
Posted By: RobSVT-t Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 03:33 PM

oooo. Now my car is a piece of [censored]. Don't make right turns

edit- Let's get back to the calendar submissions. You try to flame me when your taking this off topic and to personal attacks

How about you stop ragging on other peoples pictures of their cars when you won't/can't post pictures of yours! Not everyone can be a professional photographer. My pictures may not have been the best, but everything is better than what we've seen from you. So you need to keep your comments to yourself and let Pete decide which ones to go into the calander. Your "constructive criticism", as you call it, sounds more like you are calling other peoples work crap. According to some people, this is a "family site", and you're not making this a nice place to come onto. You actually make this a very [censored] place to come to. Well, not all you, but you seem to be the most vocal [censored] on this site.

BTW: I'm not trying to be witty, so don't even try and come back with that jackass comment again. Also, I'll be posting some really nice pictures when I get my car back, currently, it's in the shop, so I can't exactly take pictures of it.

Robert
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 03:36 PM
Tirminyl has outlived his usefulness in the thread. I personally find my pictures and most everyone elses very nice.

Again, personally, you Tirminyl have not submitted any of these spectacular photos you are seeking out within our photography gurus. So ytf should we listen to YOUR criticism?

Stay out of the thread if you have NOTHING to submit

-Bill
Posted By: SAV Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AgFrost:

Are you F'n kidding me? THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HELP?
Under construction homes with a trash dumpster sticking out of the hood?
Wait, maybe it does help, DON'T POST PICS LIKE THESE!!

Why don't you and your "tirminyl"ly ill buddy friend chill the hell out, eh? I'll post what I want.

It's a construction site. Construction sites make for awesome photo-op backgrounds. Damn, last year's calendar had two pictures of CSVTs (ParkedCar) in construction zones.

Next time, post something other than pictures we've already used before you clamber onto your high horse.

-SAV
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:05 PM
tirmiyl - Are we supposed to care about your comments in this thread? Seeing as you are not one of the people on the Calendar committe choosing pictures, your unsolicited opinions are meaningless.

I suppose you could do us all a favor and keep those opinions to yourself, but you probably won't.

And how is this supposed to be a moon shot? Once again your credibility = 0

I am not asking for someone to get on here and post the most badass pic of all. As many have pointed out, it seems that people are doing no more than using this an opportunity to whore their car and people are not putting thought into their background selection (not my words but paraphrased from another members). There are several nice pics but they are outweighed by the bad ones. When I say bad, I am not speaking of the persons car. I am speaking of the background selection, the lighting, and the quality of the pic. It could be a combination of all or just one. That is what you are failing to see. Instead you choose to believe that I am doing nothing more than make personal attack on members (even other members are making the same comments as me). Yes, I am being blunt and more vocal but it does nothing more than make people say "Hey, I will prove you wrong" and some have come back with better pics. It seems that most are ignoring what SVT Pete put in his intial post. You can flame me all you want but you are thinking the same thing I am. It is YOUR calendar after all. If no one voices their opinion and challenge other members to strive for better then SVT Pete will have to settle with what he has. Do you really want that? Do you want him to settle with what he has when there could be better? I very well could purchase a calendar but why would I if someone has to settle on their choices.

As I have said before, there are some good pics in this thread but the bad ones I will comment on so they can go and re-shoot. Since you all want to see my p.o.s so bad here just a few that I have available on-line that I really don't like anymore. The pics are a year + old. Now you can really start the personal attacks and flaming on my Protoghey. Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings or get sand in my taco. Have Fun.
tirmiyl - Are we supposed to care about your comments in this thread? Seeing as you are not one of the people on the Calendar committe choosing pictures, your unsolicited opinions are meaningless.

I suppose you could do us all a favor and keep those opinions to yourself, but you probably won't.

And how is this supposed to be a moon shot? Once again your credibility = 0

If you don't care then ignore me.

I know it is a moon shot because I was there when they took the pic. At night. When the moon was out, but what do I know.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:23 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CUT THIS CRAP OUT!!!!

Moderators, can we PLEASE edit this thread to remove banter and flaming, and pictures not pertaining to the calender compitition.
Posted By: myconsvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:37 PM
well first of all i just posted it i dont plan on having it in the calander.. i could honestly care less but u dont have to be a dick about it... but oh well i guess thats just how some poeple are, think they are better than everyone else. oh well

(modded) black 98 csvt
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 04:38 PM
How clever. Did you actually come up with Proteghey on your own? I find that that is hilarious and I will use it sometime to attack another Protege owner. Cute. I also can't seem to find where I failed to give constructive criticism. From the post you quoted me on, I simply mention that the windows should have been up due to them being a distraction, other than that, I think that is a good pic. I think that was nothing more than constructive criticism. Now, if this was a post your Mazdaspeed Protoghey (im just in awe of how wity you are) then maybe I would but there are currently no pics I like of my car, even if they are calendar worthy.

Yes, I thought of that on my own. Evidently personal attacks are fine, since it's obviously cool for you to tell people their pictures are crap. Here's one quote I thought I'd just throw in from you:

Good constructive criticism there. Way to point out what was so horrible in YOUR eyes. Right now, I see enoguh quality pictures to make a pretty damn good calendar. I trust Pete's decision/taste, and not that it matters anyway, HE is the one doing all the work! If I don't like the submissions, I don't have to buy the calendar! The reason I brought anything up, was because this is the only thread I see you post in, and you seem to be pretty quick to tell people how "horrible" their pictures are. If it bugs you that much, go start a Protege calendar, where YOU can be the judge of what makes it and what doesn't.

Mark

Yes, I thought of that on my own. Evidently personal attacks are fine, since it's obviously cool for you to tell people their pictures are crap. Here's one quote I thought I'd just throw in from you:

Good constructive criticism there. Way to point out what was so horrible in YOUR eyes. Right now, I see enoguh quality pictures to make a pretty damn good calendar. I trust Pete's decision/taste, and not that it matters anyway, HE is the one doing all the work! If I don't like the submissions, I don't have to buy the calendar! The reason I brought anything up, was because this is the only thread I see you post in, and you seem to be pretty quick to tell people how "horrible" their pictures are. If it bugs you that much, go start a Protege calendar, where YOU can be the judge of what makes it and what doesn't.

Mark

Honestly, lets just drop it and let people continue to post their submissions for the calendar. For people who dont care about my opinion sure are hanging on to it.
Posted By: AgFrost Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 05:15 PM
The personal level that you guys have brought this to is pathetic. Tirminyl has kept it clean, but it's you guys who are calling him names, making personal attacks and being childish. I would love to see this calendar look like the first one. Those were good quality pictures.

SAV: The only things good about the construction pic you posted is the lighting and it's in focus. Do you really want a picture of a dumpster on YOUR calendar? If you can post what you want why can't he? And I did post new pics, even though they were not used in a calendar before. High horse? Great more comments on a personal level...

akrump: Nice try..if it's the sun in that pic, explain how there could be another sunset in the reflection of the car. Sorry the MOON is a little overexposed, it was a 20 seconds exposure.

Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 05:22 PM
If no one voices their opinion and challenge other members to strive for better then SVT Pete will have to settle with what he has.

Remember that there are still 2 weeks left to submit pics. More good ones will be posted ...

Agfrost - I see what you are saying about the moon shot. Very clever, the pictures of course are gorgeous
If no one voices their opinion and challenge other members to strive for better then SVT Pete will have to settle with what he has.

Remember that there are still 2 weeks left to submit pics. More good ones will be posted ...

well I dunno about the rest of you, but all this excessive criticism has made me think twice about submitting anything for this calendar, both past pics or new ones.
I had intended on making some time to go snap photos, but now I'm doubting my ability to take anything that's worthy.
I'm an accountant afterall, not a professional photographer.

I can see very clearly what are the requirements for a good photo, but to actually go out and create such a thing is an entirely different task - especially to come back and get bombarded heavily with criticism stating that what I thought I had done right was in fact still WRONG.
screw that noise! Why waste my time snapping all those photos when it most likely won't make the calendar anyway?

I'm still hoping for a kick ass calendar. I love them! I bought both last year.
but if a majority of people are feeling the way I am, then I fear we won't even see a calendar.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 06:38 PM
Originally posted by frenchblueC2:
well I dunno about the rest of you, but all this excessive criticism has made me think twice about submitting anything for this calendar, both past pics or new ones.
I had intended on making some time to go snap photos, but now I'm doubting my ability to take anything that's worthy.

I can see very clearly what are the requirements for a good photo, but to actually go out and create such a thing is an entirely different task - especially to come back and get bombarded heavily with criticism stating that what I thought I had done right was in fact still WRONG.
screw that noise! Why waste my time snapping all those photos when it most likely won't make the calendar anyway?

but if a majority of people are feeling the way I am, then I fear we won't even see a calendar.

this is exactly why i'm saying remove all the negative chatter, and return this thread to what it started as.....pictures.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 06:40 PM
O ye of little faith
Originally posted by myconsvt:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577003_20_full.jpg

had it been framed properly this pic would be a shoe-in.

this is exactly why i'm saying remove all the negative chatter, and return this thread to what it started as.....pictures.

couldn't have said it better myself ...
Posted By: stilov Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/18/05 07:26 PM
I always thought words should be left out of this thread...look at all the crap "words" that the judges will have to scroll through...how about a thread with pics ONLY...no comments.
Thanks to those who have submitted thus far - there are a couple that really stand out.

I hate to be critical (and I wont point anyne out), but some of you did not read the base requirements to even be considered.

If you had read carefully and checked out the pictures in the 2004 and 2005 calendars, you would see there is a certain "style" of picture that will go in the calendar.

Here are some examples of quality, background, cleanliness, style, etc.

- These are all clean, well maintained vehicles
- Background is "neat", different
- Vehicle placement was thought out
- No houses, light poles, people or other vehicles

Use these pics as examples - plenty of time left to take pics to submit.
I am sorry Pete, but I am going to have to disagree with one of your examples. The third one down has subpar exposure levels and powerlines!!! in the background. A big no no in my opinion.

Hey now... I am an accountant as well and was able to snap off a couple good submissions (see pg 5).

Just give it a shot and see what happens.

One more pic

Have to find higher res copy though
I am sorry Pete, but I am going to have to disagree with one of your examples. The third one down has subpar exposure levels and powerlines!!! in the background. A big no no in my opinion.

I think the 4th down (T-RED) is blurry, but maybe it is just me.

Ray
Here are some more...

This is my favorite of this bunch of pictures...

99mysti, i like the last pic best, nice rims!
Please critique my photos. I'm trying really really hard to get in the calender this year, so I need some help.

You might make it if you get a better camera. Those shots are pretty good backgrounds and such, but your focus and lighting on the first two are pretty bad.

Learn the way your specific camera works by taking other abstract shots (maybe of people) to figure out what it can do.

-SAV
Robert,
The first 2 are still blurry. Looking at your wheels tells you that right away. You can't see any definition or detail in them. The third pic is pretty cool, but could use just a touch more light, to show all of the spokes of your wheels. The last 3 are just too dark. I really like that 3rd one though.
I agree with SAV, fool around with the camera settings to see if you can get it focused any better. There's gotta be a way. Maybe clean your lense? If not, see if you can't borrow someone else's digicam and take some clean shots.

Mark
I dont know what it is with this camera. Its a kodak easyshare 5.0 bought this year. I took these pics in night mode on the highest setting with a tri-pod. What more can I DO?!?!!?
See if you can go touchless, a la having a set timer. That way, absolutely nothing will interfere with the blurry aspect of things.

While you're at it, lock your tripod at an angle to get even better pics.

If only they weren't blurry. Also, try and get a shot from the pavement looking slightly upward. The effect is quite nice
Yeah Robert, pictures like this would be killer.
NOTE: The picture I posted in this and my last post ARE NOT for the calender, just examples, I say that because the backgroud just sucks in them. I may try to get some pics to post up for it dunno if it will be worth it or not.
What about this one, I can get you it bigger if need be, what do ou guys think of that one?
I dont know what it is with this camera. Its a kodak easyshare 5.0 bought this year. I took these pics in night mode on the highest setting with a tri-pod. What more can I DO?!?!!?

Add another light. One CLEAR incandescent bulb off to the left of the camera about 4' or so & maybe 8-10 feet in the air. That will give you a little extra light, a few little 'sparkles' on your paint & you can experiment from there.

You've got some good ideas & I think you need just a little more creativity to pull it off - well.
I hereby throw my proverbeal hat into the ring!

And my personal favorite to date:

Of course, hi res photos availabe upon request
phd2be, thats first pic is awesome!
definitely awesome pics right there.
phd2be (wait, shouldn't that be phd now?) We should do a fall meet in VT next year.
Would you want to host?

Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/19/05 06:33 PM
i dont care for the wing but this is a great pic. especially since you guys are wearing helmets!
Originally posted by timeless420:

Have to find higher res copy though

Rawburt, your daylight pics are too blurry and your night pics are clear, but too dark. your second pic has a good location and angle, imo, but too blurry. your camera can obviously handle a decent shot, maybe your hand is moving?

any chance we could extend this for another month?? i wanted to take some pics for this year's calendar but ran into a little problem...

oh well, i guess next year then. im gonna take some sweet-ass shots of my tour in front of the Enterprise office
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i dont care for the wing but this is a great pic. especially since you guys are wearing helmets!

it is mandatory for 99.9999999999999999999% of track days.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/19/05 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

it is mandatory for 99.9999999999999999999% of track days.

I like the helmets because it kind of makes it more anonymous.

Rawburt, your camera may just suck. To be honest, Kodaks are OK for beat around cameras (for friends and such) but they arent spectacular.

You need to play with the manual settings, if possible. I have begun to do so, instead of using the point and shoot method. It has taken my pics from OK to WHOA! Finding the right setup for the amount of light availible is key! Poor light settings on the user end (can be fixed on the camera) seems to be the biggest problem with 90% of the pics posted, including yours. You almost got it in the 3rd pic, but unfortunately the bottom of the car looks great while the top is in the dark. It really takes it to the next level when you nail it. It takes lots of practice, but you just have to play with it to get it right.

You can really tell when people get it right. Look at all of the pics posted as calender worthy examples and the more recent ones of outlawd. The lighting and light settings on the camera are matched perfectly, and it shows.

I dont know whats up with the vibration though. If its on a tripod and you arent touching it or moving around behind it, then

Im not trying to be rude, just help out. And FWIW, I will be entering as well, but I dont have much time for a photoshoot until closer to the deadline. You may criticize away then. Im no professional either, just learning and trying!
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/19/05 08:22 PM
wtf? can anyone read anymore? i said i dont care for the WING, not the helmets. i said the pic is great ESPECIALLY with the helmets! sheesh!

or are you saying that a big old aluminum wing is mandatory at the track 99.999999999% of the time? you didnt specify.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/19/05 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts and tips guys. It'll really help, in order for me to get in the calender. I am trying SOOO hard!!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/19/05 08:24 PM
Im pretty sure he meant helmets. I understood exactly what you said. I added my own opinion. Just building off of what you said about the helmets.
can someone give me some help on posting pics? i have no idea how, haha, thanks for any help
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 12:24 AM
Ive got a ton more dont hate me for whoring calendr pics.

This one obviously needs to be rotated, just didnt do it before i uploaded.

Let me know which one you guys like the best, I cant decide since im partial (being my own car and all) thats why I uploaded so many
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 12:41 AM
So many? Wait til Brapple busts out the new photoshoot

I have more coming. Just.. got some problems to deal with first
So many? Wait til Brapple busts out the new photoshoot

wow I didn't know anyone was waiting for me to post pics, oh wait a sec

I did post a few but I thought some of mine last year were good but no luck and seeing how things have gone this year with peoples comments I don't know if I want to bother, plus I just don't have the time at the moment, and it is going to rain again this weekend ....

Those pictures are all of 'respectthecontour' and are all available in 2592x1944 px (2megs each )
hey thanks man, for posting those for me, what do you guys think?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 02:01 AM
They are bitchin, i really like the angles, and i like the tree in the last pics, good job!
thanks man, ya i like the tree shots too, trying to get a couple more up
hey pud, your fogs are badass, what are they? and how can i a get a pair?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 02:21 AM
hella optilux 2500, Check the GB think i saw something in there for a GB
Just got back a roll of "color black and white" film I've been taking for a month now and theres a couple of the contour on, I thought this one was decent. I'm open to constructive criticism.

sick pic man, the only thing that could make it better would be to see the whole rear of the car IMO, but looks bad ass man
Thanks. I had to do it like that cause I'm at the gas station, lol. I just thought it looked kinda cool, had no intention of doing something for the calender. I think this weekend I might go out and take a couple rolls of film for possible submission. No access to a digital camera sucks sometimes.
haha, ya you can see a tiny part of the pump, haha, retake that picture this weekend, that pic is bad ass

That is a very nice picture. Love the effect of black and white and the rain drops beading up on the car. Angle is good, too. But I might be bias.

Got a couple of pics:

And a few more in this thread:
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=picsvids&Number=1036809&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

If you decide to use one, pm me for the high-res version.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 02:54 PM
Originally posted by RespectTheContour:

Those would be really nice pictures, but the antenna being up kind of ruined it for me
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SVTatGT:

Those would be really nice pictures, but the antenna being up kind of ruined it for me

Agree, other than that they are great pics.

I love the second to last one! Like the others said, the antenna should be down.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 06:48 PM
Let's see if everyone likes these or not. If none of these work maybe I can go steal the car from Stazi's garage and snap a few more.

Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 06:50 PM
I love the first one... How'd you get up there?
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 07:00 PM
A driveway around the corner.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 07:12 PM
first one is VERY original and well thought out....bravo.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 07:19 PM
i like the side shot in front of the neon car wash side. thats pretty neato.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 07:36 PM
If any of yours make it, it has to be the 2 last ones, they all are nice but the first one (which is good gotta say) has a car going by I see. I highly doubt the car wash ones will make it, maybe they will, I dunno. But great pics man they all look good.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 09:55 PM
Dont you feel stupid driving on a sidewalk during the middle of night with people walking by? I know i do when i do it.

P.S. what kinda Fogs do you have?
those are some sweet pics good job man. is that blue light just reflected from the car wash sign?
Posted By: Rickabod Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 10:45 PM
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 10:47 PM
i dont usually like bras, but that looks really nice with the headlight covers and black rims. nice pic too man...

any more pics? maybe a few closer shots.
damn that does look really good with those black wheels they all flow together
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
damn that does look really good with those black wheels they all flow together

I think the opposite. I really don't like black wheels on silver cars.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 11:29 PM
Can we add a trolls car to the mix
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/20/05 11:38 PM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Can we add a trolls car to the mix

NO ROGER NO!! Bad.
Rickabod, Nice pic.........of the bridge. Looks like you were trying to get a picture of the bridge when a Contour got in the way. Needs to be closer, then you'll have something. I'm no expert, it's just my opinion.
Off topic...
Rickabod, That's the bridge in Sault Ste Marie right?? I was just up there (drove through Brimley actually) just last weekend visiting my girlfriend at Lake State. Spotted a 96 SE for sale over way while doing some color touring. Wow smallish world.
On Topic, I'm personally not a fan of the bra, even with the headlight covers. I'd say if you could lose the bra and covers, and get a little closer to the car, you'd have a nice shot there. Perhaps a slightly lower perspective as well to still get the bridge in. There are tons of cool locations around the Sault.
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Mystique97:
If any of yours make it, it has to be the 2 last ones, they all are nice but the first one (which is good gotta say) has a car going by I see. I highly doubt the car wash ones will make it, maybe they will, I dunno. But great pics man they all look good.

I agree. The pictures look amazing akrump.

ya i realized that after the pics were taken, sucks, i took a few more today with the antenna down, ill try to get em up soon, i was hoping you guys wouldnt notice, haha, oh well
Posted By: CSVT#49 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 02:50 AM
Oh man I can't wait to get my windshield replaced and my mirko splitter put on... I have some sweet ideas. 11 more days till D-day. I've been working on rebuilding my car since I bought it in May for $600!!
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 07:47 PM
Dont you feel stupid driving on a sidewalk during the middle of night with people walking by? I know i do when i do it.

P.S. what kinda Fogs do you have?

Those are Pilot 55W fogs with LED Halo rings, that can change to 7 colors. Ironically they quit working right the night after I took that first pic. Go figure.

And there was hardly anyone walking down the street that night, even in downtown Detroit

I wonder where SVT PETE is ...
here we go, high resolution can be provided upon request

discription of the vehicle:

1999 Contour SE Sport, Medium Steel Blue/Graystone Leather
- Duratec MTX
- 79k and counting
- sunroof w/lighted switch
- leather
- fog lamp mod
- DMD
- Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
- Sylvania Silverstars ( high and low )
- OEM front end cover
- GTS clear headlight covers
- FSVT wheels w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE750's
- Vent visors
- HPP RSTB - T-red
- "stock" SVT airbox
- pre 98 center console
- Infinity Reference 5000cs (front doors)
- SVT Exhaust
- Redline Tuning Quick-Lift kit
- OMP FSTB - T-red
- Painted calipers - T-red
- Sony CDX-F5700 head unit
- recontented/new horn(s) - Fiamm Highway Blaster Horn
- Pre 98 sail panels
- recontented clock
- Pre 98 chrome antenna bezel
- Infinity Reference 6802cf (6x8 in rear doors)
- Sony XM-4060GTX (for door speakers)
- Sony XM-2100GTX (for subwoofer)
- Rear deck amp shelf w/distribution blocks
- Infinity Reference 1230w + home made box
- SVT main cat
- Optimized Y-pipe
- Mobil 1 synthetic ATF + friction modifier
- throttle hang / moose fix
- K&N drop in filter for CSVT airbox
- NE-CEG window sticker
- www.contour.org window decals
- Silverstar 3457 parking lights
- Silverstar 893 fog lamps
- Front Motor mount insert
- Knauberized
- BAT struts
- Eibach springs
- One touch sunroof module
- tint (35% side and 20% rear)
- Elky Mesh
- Ford Racing 9mm wires - Red
- SVT guage cluster
- White hvac overlay
- SVT front brakes (278 mm rotors)
- gauge pod with air/fuel, voltage, oil pressure
- Redline Goods Leather shift/e-brake boots (black w/lite grey stitching)
- Autovation Race Pedals (matte finish, 3+dead pedal and heel guard)

all images can be found here

here are the ones I think are the best

Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 09:36 PM
My favorite of the Brapple Bunch
i like the shot of the of the front left wheel
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 09:59 PM
Man, if your car doesen't make it, that would be so lame, that car is awesome and the pictures you have are just fantastic. I like the side shot by the shore, and the ones with the woods.
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 10:00 PM
I think the pics were taken in good locations and from the right angles, but for some reason the lighting seems off to me
thanks for the kinda comments I really appreciate them as always, its nice to see others like what I have done, but I did it all because I wanted to

I think the pics were taken in good locations and from the right angles, but for some reason the lighting seems off to me

I will agree, but to tell you the truth I think it depends on the screen you are viewing them on, on my 32" tv most of them seemed alittle dark but on my 17" computer monitor they looked really good
Posted By: SVTatGT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/21/05 10:25 PM
yea, that may be it, I am using my 5+ year old monitor here at work
Brabble, very nice pictures. Cudos. I like the ones on the narrow road with the fall colors. About the comments on them being to dark, I have noticed that on different monitors within my house the brightness of pictures changes.
Posted By: snakous Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/22/05 01:14 AM
brapple, it looks great...i need a drop!!
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/22/05 02:20 AM
Good pics brapple, +1 vote from me
Posted By: rouar Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/22/05 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Coolkuehl3:
Brabble

I like that

The pictures came out awesome this year. I can't wait to buy a CEG 2006 calendar ... or calendars ... SVT PETE you have raised my expectations! J/K!

(this time round Brapple should definitely have at least one pic in it )

Originally posted by brapple:
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~briana/fall05/DSC02225.JPG
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~briana/fall05/DSC02232.JPG
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~briana/fall05/DSC02235.JPG
http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~briana/fall05/DSC02251.JPG

wow

thanks to everyone for the positive support, I never expected so much feedback in favor of my pictures as I have already seen so many better ones from other people myself

Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/23/05 05:18 AM
Got some More up, Hope you guys like some of them (I know i know, its pretty much stock, My SVT kit is coming in the mail in the next month and so is my BOSAL and BAT Y-pipe. (all hi-res avail)

What i use to get her clean:

I Like this one a lot:

I got more Night-time photos, but they are .TIF and take forever to load.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/23/05 06:10 AM
Got the Rest up:
Enjoy!

There are some seriously sweet Contours on here.
Anyway, the lighting was horrible and these are professional pictures taken of me at BeaveRun Road course. I've been playing with auto contrast and brightness in Photoshop but I figured I'd just post the originals (shrunk to 1024) for some input on what everybody thinks.

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/23/05 08:19 PM
Sweet shots chknhwk Love that last pic, nice pipes
Thanks! The Brullen exhaust + MSDS headers sounds on the track.
My instructor was bug-eyed after coming off the track. He had to call his wife he said. "Honey, you won't believe the ride I just got in a FORD!"
LMAO!
I guess I will officially throw my hat into the ring.

All are available at 2580 x 1720. Any comments?
i like the second and the last one, but the mini waterfalls coming out of your wheels kinda ruined the water ones for me...but still nice dont get me wrong
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/23/05 11:59 PM
I personally feel that its only fair if you took the pics yourself. No pro shots!
I personally feel that its only fair if you took the pics yourself. No pro shots!

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 12:24 AM
maybe referring to Bobs pictures taken by a magazine photographer / pro pics at the track.

Or Chknhwks pro pics from the track.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 12:25 AM
maybe referring to Bobs pictures taken by a magazine photographer / pro pics at the track.

Or Chknhwks pro pics from the track.

Exactly.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 01:41 AM
I gotchj00 brodawg
OK - gonna see if this works (fingers crossed) . Of course , I have higher-res pics available .

You likey ?
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:

You likey ?

That is an awesome picture.

The pics from the magazine are not supposed to be under consideration... I don't have high res available. They are just examples of magazine pics of a Contour.

The track pics however I hope are fair game for consideration.
Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 04:14 AM
# 7, 8 and 9 are the best.
Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 04:33 AM
Very nice pix man; quite professionally looking.
Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Stryped:
No, they suck at taking pictures, they just have the most beautiful backdrops.

U got that right
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 11:50 AM

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 04:47 PM
Robert, you nailed the second shot. Great job, and much improved! Cant you see the difference?

Im willing to bet that second shot makes it in. Its an awesome pic. You cant even see the bendy antenna!
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 05:21 PM
agreed! the first two shots are great man, especially the second one. great job...
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 06:06 PM
Robert, you nailed the second shot.

+1
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/24/05 10:17 PM
I know why his first two shots look better than the third one!!! you can't see his little wimpy antennae on them, haha sorry i had to rawburt...
1 or 2 are great!...very nice imporvment Robert! i hope one makes it in
Here are a couple more pics (higher-res in hand) :

Almost forgot this one :

As usual ... comments ?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 12:19 AM
Well I hope we dont have pics of different cars in the same location i.e. only one pic of that waterfall should be allowed.
only one pic of that waterfall should be allowed.

Don't worry . I doubt very highly that there'd be 2 pics from the same place in the calendar . There's only going to be one calendar (12 months/pics) & MORE than enough great photos shown so far to choose from .
i know its not as easy as them being in the post, but take a look and let me know what you think, thanks

web page

web page

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture150small4ln.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture118small0xz.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture032small8ie.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture119small6wp.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture124small3ol.jpg

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture152small6pd.jpg

http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture031small3at.jpg
Posted By: rthoman Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 02:03 AM
RespectTheContour....

very nice... I say respect the pics!
Posted By: Snipey Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 04:11 AM
Respect, can i get a link to those in high-res, and a towel?

seriously, though

awesome work, makes my car look crappier tho, someones gotta leave the state!
Posted By: AgFrost Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 04:54 AM
I did some color correction and noise reduction, I think it looks better than the first time I posted it....

Thanks OutlawdSVT for letting me shoot your car!
Wow, I just noticed how much color info is lost going to 8 bit from 16 bit! Stupid jpg!!
Good-lookin' pics , Respect .
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 02:43 PM
Buddy - Your pics are killer!

Rawburt and brapple - much better, I could see some of your pics being nominated as well. Same with you Touridge!

Agfrost - yea I see an improvement, but honeslty I think the best shot of Outlawd's car was the one you posted just before the moon shot, with the car parked in front of some trees. Something about the lighting in that shot was just perfect!
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 02:58 PM
I like this one a lot, nice pic:

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/25/05 05:21 PM
Skrilla:

black out those b-pillars.

Pole
just wanted to say thanks for the positive feedback on the pics guys much appreciated, and snipey, the towel is in the mail, haha
Here are a couple group pics . More/better ones to come very soon .

And another of my car :

Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 03:19 AM
Buddy, i like the first and third ones, They are both calender quality to me.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 12:29 PM
What do you guys think about these?
I have all of them in high res.

very nice photos robert!! very much improved!...i love the ones along the dock, but im not sure about the parking garage

still very nice...hope you get in!
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 04:59 PM
Very nice Robert, those dock ones are very nice pictures. The parking garage one is a little dark but still good.

And those group photos up there also are good, I hope at least one group photo gets in, that would make the calender. A group photo would be also a good cover for it too maybe.
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 05:35 PM
Here are few more from the Northeast CEG meet:

And one more by the Wheel Wash:
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 05:44 PM
What do you guys think about these?
I have all of them in high res.

pics look amazing.. but please .. oh please.. get rid of the vinyl.. your car is soo clean but that look is ruined by that horid sticker
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 05:49 PM
I have been debating this for quite some time now. I think I will take your advice and get rid of them, thanks for the motivation.
i like that one the best rawburt, great pic man
I personally think you should keep the vinyl and get rid of the god aweful rims. The bends in them really turn me off
dayum really. i love his wheels. i wanted them soo bad but funds made me go with the excel's
i throw two more out there...

http://img429.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture140medium9ul.jpg

http://img484.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture126medium3ma.jpg
Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/26/05 10:14 PM
i dont know if i would go as far as saying your vinyls look horrid. i think they are very subtle and they look great, however, i do agree that without them your car would be much smoother rawburt...off with the vinyl!!
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 12:31 AM
The tears are painted on, I think he should Paint it Metallic Blue
Skrilla:

black out those b-pillars.

Pole

Car needs to get repainted so I'm thinking about getting the pillars painted black.
Posted By: myconsvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 07:48 PM
ok i now these are alittle blurry but if i could fix them what do you guys think?
[image]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577003_26_full.jpg[/image] [image]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577003_24_full.jpg[/image]
[image]http://myfsu.ferris.edu/cp/email/getImage/remake1.jpg?msgId=3.$NIMAIL.$NINBOX0058.34&prtId=0.1[/image] [image]http://myfsu.ferris.edu/cp/email/getImage/100_0084.JPG?msgId=3.$NIMAIL.$NINBOX0058.34&prtId=0.2[/image]
Posted By: myconsvt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:01 PM
ok here are a few pics they arent the best, alittle blurry but tell me what you think if they would be worth fixing or what?

[image]
Originally posted by myconsvt:
ok i now these are alittle blurry but if i could fix them what do you guys think?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577003_26_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/577000-577999/577003_24_full.jpg
http://myfsu.ferris.edu/cp/email/getImage/remake1.jpg?msgId=3.$NIMAIL.$NINBOX0058.34&prtId=0.1
http://myfsu.ferris.edu/cp/email/getImage/100_0084.JPG?msgId=3.$NIMAIL.$NINBOX0058.34&prtId=0.2

the [image] code doesn't like your links

nice pics
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:09 PM
not bad, but i suggest next time not being so far away, the backround overshadows the car as the primary subject in the photo.
Posted By: akrump47 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:17 PM
Myconsvt - your last pic would be sweet if it were closer up. Try taking one with your car filling the right 1/3 of the frame close up, and the road curving off to the distance in the left/center.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:20 PM
Well, unfortunately, I dont think I am going to have time to take new pics. I wanted to pwn3d you all with the Rocky mountains, but am going to have to live with what I got this summer. Just not enough free time these days The last few days were when I had time, but the weather has been consistently crappy. Oh well!

Of course, all are high res. when asked for.

***My personal favorites (the first one is my all time favorite)***

wow...every shot there is just better than the next...imo #5 is my favorite

great looking car and very nice photos!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:32 PM
Very nice (old) looking pics... Your car is so sexy especially with Stazi's old rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:36 PM
Very nice (old) pics...

Well, nothings changed since then, otherwise I wouldnt have posted these.

The new mods Ill have done by the end of next week wont be visible, well not all the time anyway
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 08:43 PM
Very nice (old) pics...

Well, nothings changed since then, otherwise I wouldnt have posted these.

The new mods Ill have done by the end of next week wont be visible, well not all the time anyway

#3 is my desktop background
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/27/05 09:24 PM
Damn chris, those look amazing
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:
Damn chris, those look amazing

ditto man love them all.
ok, i had talked to the guys at the airport for like 20 minutes, and they just didn't have any time to let me actually get on the runway... which is what i wanted to do, but they'd let me get 2 feet away?

oy.

anyway, i've got quite a few for submission, sorry for so many so late...

also, they're all available in ~2810x2120
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_018.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_019.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_020.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_021.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_001_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_002_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_003_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_004_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_005_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_006_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_007_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_008_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_009_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_010_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_011_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_012_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_014_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_015_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_017_correct.html
http://greaseymonkey.photosite.com/car/car_calendar_016_correct.html
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 12:03 AM
Constructively, some of those shots would be perfect with a ten or fifteen degree tilt to them. Hell, even 45 degree tilts net some awesome pics. Cool locale, too.

Hey man, mess around in paint or photoshop (if you have it) and just mess with some cropping and tilting. Can't go wrong

Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 12:06 AM
im pretty sure you arent aloud to use photoshop...i thougt that was in the rules.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ridered81:
im pretty sure you arent aloud to use photoshop...i thougt that was in the rules.

you tilt the camera when you take the picture......

Posted By: ridered81 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 12:50 AM

Hey man, mess around in paint or photoshop (if you have it) and just mess with some cropping and tilting. Can't go wrong

not talking about the first half of his statement....
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 01:17 AM
Hm, I always thought the photoshop rule was in place to prevent added effects, not so much so as cropping and tilt alterations. Am I wrong?

Plus, that is merely a suggestion for static pictures taken that could have been better if they were tilted a bit. Pole hit it on the nose, and the desired "angled" pic should simply be taken at an angle in the first place.
hey kingpin, where did you pick up those numbers for the bumber, i need to get me a set
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 02:44 AM
PM's work best for that kind of question, and keep the clutter out of the thread....
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 06:08 AM
Here are a few that i snapped today...I've got more commin but I've just gotta set up a few things! I have the originals in 2272x1704.

Posted By: parkedcar Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 02:46 PM
The weather has been real crappy here lately so i havent had a chance to clean up my car and get some pics. But here are 2 that i found. Nothing special, just thought the angles where nice.

Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/28/05 06:04 PM
Parkedcar, the first one is nice, the second one has to much Grass...
Parkedcar, the first one is nice, the second one has to much Grass...

Hmmm ... I kinda like the grassy pic .
Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/29/05 02:11 AM
2nd pic is cool. 1st is kinda way too boxed in.
was able to get out and get a few more pics today, only difference in the car from las time is it is a week later, I just took the cover off this morning and took off

again high res versions are available

all pics can be seen here

here are some of my favorites from this batch

Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/30/05 12:30 AM

Hmm. These pics look darker on my desktop than they do on my laptop.
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/30/05 02:08 AM
Whats up guys, i definately dont mean this to be a repost but i was PM'd that the pics i posted showed up as red X's...if its a double post im very sorry...Anyway, i have the originals in 2272x1706

Again, sorry if this is a repost!!!
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/30/05 04:47 AM
1314, your car looks like a cross between "kit" and an undercover cop car, love it, awesome pics
Posted By: Deep Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 12:47 AM
My photography skills suck...but whatever, no harm in trying...

couple of last efforts, yesterday it was snowing, today it was 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky, gotta love NE

http://img499.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture286small0sk.jpg

check 'em out, let me know what you think
couple of last efforts, yesterday it was snowing, today it was 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky, gotta love NE

http://img499.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture286small0sk.jpg

check 'em out, let me know what you think

looks good

and of course good luck to everyone, there have been many great pictures posted, and with that I need to start saving some them to my collection of pictures ....
Posted By: GrooveNerd Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 04:46 AM
Here's a few of mine...

All available in way-huge format.

Marty
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 05:08 AM
#2 and 3 better make it in (either one) Those sre friggen SEXY
Posted By: parkedcar Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 03:08 PM
looks like those two i posted will be my only entries. Yesturday was beautiful so i was planning on washing and getting some pics, but ended up at the hospital visiting my best friends brother.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 06:24 PM
Well, here we go. Hope you guys like em. Obviously higher resolution is available.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 06:27 PM
looking good as always Tom, now tint those tails.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 06:31 PM
Looks great Tom! I was really hoping to see the Mirko installed by now! And, have you always had those vent visors? Just my opinion, but I wish they weren't on there. Other than that, definitely one of the cleanest SVT's around!

Mark
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 06:35 PM
My final submissions~

All available in hi res (first post as well)

And an older pic, but a good one.

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 06:43 PM
Looks great Tom! I was really hoping to see the Mirko installed by now! And, have you always had those vent visors? Just my opinion, but I wish they weren't on there. Other than that, definitely one of the cleanest SVT's around!

Mark

Thanks guys. I've had the vent visors on every car I've owned for the past several years. It's great to be able to open your windows when it's raining or snowing and not get wet. It was even nicer when I was a smoker. And I've been out of town for 10 days and just didn't have enough time to get the Mirko on.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 07:34 PM
Put Tom's car in the calander! Not only because it looks hot, but then part of my car will be in it too!
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 07:38 PM
Put Tom's car in the calander! Not only because it looks hot, but then part of my car will be in it too!

Did you see last years calender?
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 07:55 PM

Did you see last years calender?

Nope.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 10/31/05 08:47 PM
Tom I will say I was also hoping for a little bit of mirko action, but I know what its like to be busy. Be sure to let us see when it goes on!
Posted By: Pole120 Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 08:50 PM
I'm excited to see the picks for the calender.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 08:51 PM
I'm excited to see the picks for the calender.

Posted By: starjammir Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 08:55 PM
Might as well enter one or two...
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:09 PM
Hopefully it gets in Bill, we need a pre98 Stique in there this year.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:19 PM
I wish I had pics of it without the SVT sticker, cos I tokk them off, but hopefully these are good enough.

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:26 PM
Big pimpin' 19s! Look much better than your old wheels
Posted By: Stazi Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:27 PM
Big pimpin' 19s! Look much better than your old wheels

They look awesome now on your car.
Posted By: RawBurt Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:33 PM
Stazi, you better run out and get some more pics. And hopefully we have till the end of today... There are other cars in both of your pics... I think thats a no no.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 09:36 PM
Thanks for the compliment. Im sad now though cause they are about to come off for a few months. Back to stock for me. . . . My omnifi should like that better, however. Remember at SZ I said I didnt have any problems with it skipping? Well, your old 18's tossed that out the window. It liked those 55 sidewalls much better.
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: Last day of submissions..... - 10/31/05 10:54 PM
time is almost up...

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture139small7zo.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture204small8rc.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture225small5ox.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture241small3wx.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture252small5ba.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture261small9lx.jpg

http://img499.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture264small7ft.jpg
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/01/05 12:32 AM
Quote:

a couple Duratec Shots for good measure

if these had water on the engine id have a joygasm
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 12:38 AM
I'd vote for this one..........

Posted By: The Digital Slacker Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 12:41 AM
Sorry tom, I don't think that picture is good enough. The lighting is way off, its almost hard to see the car.
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 12:59 AM
i posted another one of the same shot with the sun behind the building, just posted that one too cause i thought it was something a little different, i think you can see the car perfectly fine, i think the sun coming down on it looks good, but hey im bias
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 03:40 AM
I was in Nashville this past weekend for a show, and had a chance to take these after cleaning up the car on Friday. The building in the background is called The Parthenon, for obvious reasons.

Originals are 2048x1536.

So, 3 more submissions from me...

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 01:43 PM
Originally posted by D�¯�Ÿ�«t� �¨ Slacker:
Sorry tom, I don't think that picture is good enough. The lighting is way off, its almost hard to see the car.

The lighting is the whole reason I like it. It's different, it stands out. It doesn't look good on my monitor at work, but at home it's a different story. Maybe that's it?? Just my .02.
Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/01/05 11:10 PM
I know it's past deadline, but I just got these back today from being digitized, color is off a bit from the film prints, but a couple came out nice. Hope some of you enjoy them.

Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: Last day of submissions..... - 11/02/05 01:57 AM
wow, so many sweet looking rides with awesome pics, i cant wait to see the final product (and i dont envy the ones bringing to that point now ) good luck guys
Posted By: GTO Pete 06 Calendar Pics Submission - Extended - 11/02/05 10:10 PM
Due to working a new job and my second job, time is tight. As I begin requesting hi-res from people, please continue to submit pics.

New Deadline: Monday, November 7, noon EST.

Posted By: snowb159 Re: 06 Calendar Pics Submission - Extended - 11/03/05 05:27 AM
[image]http://ilstu.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8870851[/image]

this was before the koni kit, if i get nice weather this weekend hopefully I can get more pics, what do you think?

also, anyone know the easiest way to get negatives turned into digitals? (i have a few amazing ones from my photo class)
Posted By: Bella Re: 06 Calendar Pics Submission - Extended - 11/03/05 05:02 PM
Green Contours are hott!!!!

Too many good pics, I definately can't wait for the calender!

Hey, are trolls allowed to get it?!
Posted By: Snipey Re: 06 Calendar Pics Submission - Extended - 11/03/05 08:28 PM
Well thanks for lengthening the submit date, i got a few more tries

i took a bunch so ill only put a few and link the rest to save everyone from scrolling

and the rest:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/SnipeySvT/Fall%20Shoot/SvT018.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/SnipeySvT/Fall%20Shoot/SvT014.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/SnipeySvT/Fall%20Shoot/SvT011.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/SnipeySvT/Fall%20Shoot/SvT010.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/SnipeySvT/Fall%20Shoot/SvT007.jpg

im open to criticism as always, tasteful criticism at least

-Snipey
Today's shoot.

Some are similar but less obstructions in the BG

those are my top pics, but there's more to look here

and here
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/03/05 09:12 PM
I did some digging from SZ05..

Now, I'm not certain if I have hi res copies of these or not. I'll find out though.

I've noticed some people didn't submit anything and I know they have a camera. Cough.

hey snipey, i think that first pick would be awesome if the car were centered on that road, i think its a badass backdrop, still a good pic though
Posted By: Snipey Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 12:35 AM
thanks a lot you cant tell by the pic but its actually in the middle of 2 roads, theres trees on either side of the 2 roads, and on the median in the middle. i just parked it at a break in the median as to not stop traffic if anyone had been driving through :-p
ill see about trying that out tho, thanks again 8)

edit: oh yea i couldnt center it from that angle cuz some stupid tree was trying to get in on the picture and ruin the view!

-snipey
Posted By: stilov Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 03:19 AM
Here is my car...I wish I had it done already (3L turbo build)

Enjoy...oh yes functional hood scoop for top mount intercooler
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 04:26 AM

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/SpringZing2005/CIMG2236.jpg

I agree. What tips are those?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 04:42 AM
No tips, they are connected to the mufflers. They are Magnaflows.
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 07:57 AM
1. some of you have some BEAUTIFUL cars.

2. some of you need a lesson in photography.

3. seeing some of your cars has of course reaffirmed my love for the elusive "tropic green"

4. i think a csvt might be my next ride

5. mmm... tropic green

Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 11:54 AM
Originally posted by hoboprodigy:
some of you need a lesson in photography.

So it's my understanding that the pic u posted should serve as a good lesson in photography?

1. Picture is not focused
2. Picture is "boxed" - a car is a moving object and can't be "boxed" in a frame in a way that doesn't suggest dynamics of the object
3. Background is - to put it very mildly - boring like hell and so is the angle.

I usually try to avoid posting negative comments like this; however in this case your above mentor-like statement didn't leave me many options.
Posted By: Bella Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 04:07 PM
Love the car... hee hee!!

But sorry, I don't think a Taurus is allowed!!

Nice rims though, looking good
Originally posted by R_G:
some of you need a lesson in photography.

So it's my understanding that the pic u posted should serve as a good lesson in photography?

1. Picture is not focused
2. Picture is "boxed" - a car is a moving object and can't be "boxed" in a frame in a way that doesn't suggest dynamics of the object
3. Background is - to put it very mildly - boring like hell and so is the angle.

I usually try to avoid posting negative comments like this; however in this case your above mentor-like statement didn't leave me many options.

agreed x2

Look at the pictures in the SEMA thread. 100% better than what you did.
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 05:21 PM
No, the was meant to be a lesson in look how amazing a color tropic green is. that's a $40 camera with a maximum shutterspeed of 1/2". A lesson in photography can't be obtained with such a camera.

There were several pics in this thread that could serve as a lesson in photography.

I was just throwing it out there, that with some of the shots i've seen in this thread, there would need to be absolute perfection for anyone to make it on this calendar. nice work :/
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 05:34 PM
Bill car looks hot as always and your pics turned out amazing! I totally forgot about hte deadline and missed out this year again next year for sure!
No, the was meant to be a lesson in look how amazing a color tropic green is. that's a $40 camera with a maximum shutterspeed of 1/2". A lesson in photography can't be obtained with such a camera.

There were several pics in this thread that could serve as a lesson in photography.

I was just throwing it out there, that with some of the shots i've seen in this thread, there would need to be absolute perfection for anyone to make it on this calendar. nice work :/

honestly though, did you forget what the purpose for this thread is? To submit photos of Contours and Mystiques for the contour.org calendar.
So why post up a pic of a car that has nothing to do with the subject of this thread?
If you wanted to whore your car pics and display your love for the green, you could have made your own thread.
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 05:44 PM
no, i signed up for this forum and picked a completely random thread to post pictures of my car which has absolutely no relation to the cars this club is focused on. i also expected to get a warm welcome by doing so and i am now very emotionally hurt that i have not received one.

next time i'll go find a green contour in a parking lot, steal it, take it to some scenic mountainous area, then take a horribly angled shot, at 1/60 shutterspeed, while scratching the back of my ass, have it developed at a cheap 1-hour photo, with a timestamp, then i will write cardomain.com on it with a crayon, then scan it with a $10 scanner, and post it here with the caption "i'm going to cry if this doesn't make it."

do you get it now?
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:02 PM
next time i'll go find a green contour in a parking lot, steal it, take it to some scenic mountainous area.........

............ and drive off of a cliff.

You could have done us all a huge favor and ended your sentence with that.

Mark
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:10 PM
Good call Kim, I agree, and also this guy has no business in coming in here as a Noob and talking about other's photographic skills and he posts up a picture of a car that's boring (nice car tho LOVE the SHO, my dad had a black 99) the focus is way off the camera too, I'd have to agree.
Yes, if you want to post a pictures of your car that is not a Contique, go make a new thread and post pictures, that's how you get the good feedback. Posting pictures in a thread with all of the same car in it, and posting a different car, with crappy background, and a boring angle, you will get ragged on about it.
So please if you would like to post pictures of your SHO you are more then welcome to, in this section, but make a new thread.
I am not trying to be an ass or start a flame war, some of us that said something are just trying to give you advice so you do not get flamed on in the future.
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:16 PM
if i cared about getting flamed i wouldn't have posted anything on this forum anywhere. please do not misunderstand, i am not nearly full of myself enough to make a thread on a contour forum about how great or how pretty my taurus is. i was simply commenting on what a nice shade of green some of us share. and no, the picture wasn't meant to be the "lesson in photography" - most of the shortcomings in the timestamped, slow shuttered pics were already pointed out.

i should have just taken a close up shot of the fender to get my point across. my bad guys, my bad.

if i was submitting a picture for a car club calander i would have strived for a better camera, better setting, better shot.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:33 PM
We forgive you, we are just giving you advice so you don't run into this again. Hope no one flamed you enough to make you leave, that has happened plenty of times, I seen people make a post in a thread and get flamed about it, then you never see them post again after that.
Hey if you got anymore pics of the SHO feel free to make a thread here in the Pics and vids section, I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of it. BTW what year is your SHO? 98 or 99?
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:41 PM
'99.

I'm not about to leave, the interwebs don't scare me. :> I've been sorta perusing this forum off and on for a while, I like to read and soak up knowledge on a car before I consider buying one.

Posted By: Steeda. Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:47 PM
'99.

I'm not about to leave, the interwebs don't scare me. :> I've been sorta perusing this forum off and on for a while, I like to read and soak up knowledge on a car before I consider buying one.

GenIII SHO's Suck!!!

Go get your cams welded!
Stop posting pics of your Car in the Calender Thread....GET IT!?!
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
'99.

GenIII SHO's Suck!!!

Go get your cams welded!
Stop posting pics of your Car in the Calender Thread....GET IT!?!

no, done, ok.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 06:54 PM
Wow 7 posts of completely worthless nonsense.
Posted By: R_G Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 07:32 PM
LOL
Posted By: Steeda. Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 08:24 PM
Wow 7 posts of completely worthless nonsense.

For sure probably gets it from Driving around that Super High Output wanna be...

Surprise Hyandi's Only
Same Hiddieous Outside..

Gen III SHO's blow!!!
damn, and someone suggested i use PM's to find out about someones fogs, haha, this is great
http://www.people.iup.edu/bvrl/PB040906.jpg
http://www.people.iup.edu/bvrl/PB040901.jpg
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/04/05 11:19 PM
Originally posted by guitarman19853:

Great background, but the car positioning needs some work. Just block the road next time to get your car into a good position instead of just pulling off the side.

Thats not just a problem with yours, many posted pics suffer from it. I just wanted to say, however, that the backgrounds are awesome.
yeah... i wish i could've... there was too much traffic dispite it being a very small road that probably only people who live there travel on... must've been at least 6 cars come by when i was parked at the place
Posted By: hoboprodigy Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/05/05 12:03 AM
Originally posted by guitarman19853:

the setting is great, you might benefit shooting from a tripod if you can get ahold of one if you didn't already... there's a little loss of focus in the car itself.

and ditto on blocking the road :>
Well, since the deadline is extended I guess that means the last pics I posted are eligible, sweet! Here's a couple more from the same weekend photoshoot, again, these are scans made from color negatives (I don't have a digi cam) and the color is a bit off from the prints, but I think they're decent still. As always, constructive criticism is welcome.

i dig the background in the first shot, nice and eerie, not a bad pic for oct., halloween and all, haha
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/05/05 05:09 PM
I agree, though the second pic has a "wraparound" feel to it and I like it.
Posted By: parkedcar Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/05/05 10:12 PM
I got a chance to wash the car today and take some pics. I might take some more tomorrow too.
Here ya go. All available in hi-res obviously.

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/05/05 10:34 PM
Here's a few more. Couple may look like previous ones, but are better centered.

Thought one of these might work for a cover.....something totally different than a picture of a car.........

VERY nice. Can't wait to get this calendar!
I LOVE that second engine shot Tom...to me that's worthy of a spot in the calender by itself.
i have mixed feelings about these shots, any feedback?

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture207small4na.jpg

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture275small9tk.jpg

another train shot...

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture286small6nf.jpg

nightime shot...yet is was 5pm!
http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture319small1iv.jpg
harbor shot...
http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture317small3hz.jpg
Posted By: Bella Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/06/05 01:37 AM
Way2tuf: I love your rims, they look so good with that color!!

Green SVT Contours...
Posted By: NVSVT 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/06/05 02:40 AM
Normally I hate the way cars look when they are illuminated with High Pressure Sodium (HPS) light, but your Silver Frost SVT has a kind of metallic champagne gold look to it in the night shots. I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks good, but it doesn't look bad either. Your day time shots look good though.
Figured I'd go out and take a couple more shots since the deadline was extended. Hows everything look?

And a one of my Duratec shots for good measure

Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/06/05 07:47 AM
Is your engine painted Mystichrome?
wish I could enter these for the calander, yes they are older photos but they were taken with a film carmera. I could find the originals and scan them in rely high resolution but ... anyway

i like the third one a lot brapple, the backdrop is awesome, sucks they are on film

heres one more i have...its very gray, but thats all i have to work with, haha

http://img56.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture330small4cf.jpg
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/07/05 03:19 AM
I have a bunch of great shot but htey arent quite large enough to qualify (1200x900)

Posted By: XKontour98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/07/05 03:35 AM
a few more:

Posted By: Davo Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/07/05 04:04 AM
Mine:

high rez
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/07/05 04:18 AM
Interesting pic, Davo. There aren't too many cool things sitting in front of buildings around here (except for an aging army tank ) I doubt thatd suit well for the calendar

Doug, good submissions. I told you those were particularly good shots!
Posted By: m!key Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/12/05 05:56 PM
is the voting over for this?

Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/12/05 06:01 PM
I dunno. I would think it would have to be wrapping up here in the next little while. I mean.. how much longer could it be, really?

I guess its a matter of "wait and see", huh?

Ray
Posted By: m!key Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/12/05 06:05 PM
that is knucking futs!
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/15/05 03:53 PM
I have taken my pictures in front of the Cowboys stadium, is it too late to submit?

I have to get them on my comp and uploaded
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/15/05 03:58 PM
Due to working a new job and my second job, time is tight. As I begin requesting hi-res from people, please continue to submit pics.

New Deadline: Monday, November 7, noon EST.

Posted By: CSVT985 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/15/05 04:15 PM
Okay, thanks.

After seeing some pictures in this thread, my car never had a chance from the beginning.
Good luck to the entrants...

Oh what the hell:

Why waste my time snapping all those photos when it most likely won't make the calendar anyway?

I may be the only one, but I enjoy looking at all the pics.
Posted By: stadtsoldat Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/17/05 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 96RedSE5Sp:
Why waste my time snapping all those photos when it most likely won't make the calendar anyway?

I may be the only one, but I enjoy looking at all the pics.

Me too.
Posted By: Tourige Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/18/05 03:05 AM
I see a lack of Quality compared to last year.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/18/05 03:18 AM
csvt985, your car is hot! i think it might have a shot.
So is there an ETA on this calender?
I see a lack of Quality compared to last year.

that seems a little too negative, there were some seriously nice shots posted, i think the final product will reflect that and will be right up there with last years, just my opinion
From the very first post:

Deadline to submit pics
October 31, 2004

Calendar release date

Given that the submission deadline was extended by about a week, I would think the release date would probably also move.
so do we find out who got a spot in the calendar before they actually come out?
Posted By: 1314_dup1 Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/25/05 07:42 AM
"9. "Did I make it in the calendar?"
Please do not PM me asking me this. I will not answer. Just like 2004 and 2005, the final 12 will not be revealed until the calendar is complete - even those who made the calendar will not know. "
but i didn't pm you
sorry, i'll read more.
Posted By: GTO Pete Update: 2006 Calendar - 11/28/05 02:55 AM
Update:

Sorry for the delay. I'm in the process of requesting hi-resolution pictures. Then off to layout and design. I'll keep everyone updated with progress.

Thanks!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 11/29/05 06:02 PM
Anxiously awaiting release.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/29/05 06:18 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
even those who made the calendar will not know. "

hellooo, they do need time to prepare their acceptance speeches
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 2006 Calendar Pics Submission Thread - 11/29/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by 1314:
even those who made the calendar will not know. "

hellooo, they do need time to prepare their acceptance speeches

^^^^^^ LMAO
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/06/05 06:58 PM
Any word on them?
Posted By: GTO Pete Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/06/05 07:11 PM
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Any word on them?

There has been a delay in layout/design due one CEGer having personal issues and the not being able to get in touch with the other.

Any volunteers?
Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/06/05 08:01 PM
I can.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/06/05 08:13 PM
I can.

Will PM later with details. Thanks!
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/08/05 04:00 AM
Originally posted by 2b no SVT Pete:
I can.

Will PM later with details. Thanks!

need any more help?
Posted By: CSVT985 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/09/05 04:41 PM
Curse my inability to be browsing at the precise moment of that question being asked.

CURSES!!

Well if you need a unique photo, people seem to like the blackedout SVT...I should change my name to that...that would rock.
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/09/05 05:12 PM
Why isn't this stickied anymore?

Does this mean the selection and layout process is done?

Posted By: Pre98 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/09/05 05:27 PM
I'm somewhat curious myself. onders:
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/09/05 07:10 PM
Well they have all the submissions, so no need for the sticky. The rest is in their hands.

Hopefully its coming soon cause this year is almost over!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/6/05 - 12/09/05 07:33 PM

Hopefully its coming soon cause this year is almost over!

werd
Posted By: GTO Pete Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/09/05 11:41 PM

Layout and design will begin tonight.

grymes - thanks for the offer, but the original layout/design guy is back from vacation ( ).

I expect to have the calendar ready for purchase NLT mid next week. I will start a new post with details for purchase and post a link at the end of this thread.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Thanks for your patience guys.

thanks for your determination and time
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 05:28 AM
I will start a new post with details for purchase and post a link at the end of this thread.

So at that point we'll know who made it?
Posted By: BurritaSVT_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 05:50 AM

]
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 11:56 AM
ummm...
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
ummm...

Posted By: g r y m e s_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 03:00 PM

Layout and design will begin tonight.

grymes - thanks for the offer, but the original layout/design guy is back from vacation ( ).

Sorry I couldnt be of service.
Posted By: R_G Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 04:53 PM

Posted By: Pre98 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/10/05 05:25 PM

Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/11/05 02:32 AM

Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/11/05 06:01 AM

Posted By: shotwell_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/11/05 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:

Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/11/05 07:30 PM
I will start a new post with details for purchase and post a link at the end of this thread.

well I assume if you were asked for a high res pic (I wasnt /cry) then you can probably assume you're in. The rest of us will have to wait!
Posted By: m!key Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/11/05 11:33 PM
i would like to go on recored saying that i was never contacted before i went on vacation to do the calendar. i do now have the pics and info and they will be ready shortly. dont get mad at me i didnt know anything about it until friday.
Posted By: MxRacer Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/12/05 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:
i would like to go on recored saying that i was never contacted before i went on vacation to do the calendar. i do now have the pics and info and they will be ready shortly. dont get mad at me i didnt know anything about it until friday.

ohhh!! so it's all your fault you no good rat!

j/k. thanks for putting it together for us!!!!!!
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/12/05 03:50 AM

well I assume if you were asked for a high res pic (I wasnt /cry) then you can probably assume you're in. The rest of us will have to wait!

Not every hi-res pic will make it in (at least I don't think it will...). I was asked to send 2 of mine and I doubt I'd be in there twice.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Update: 2006 Calendar - 12/9/05 - 12/12/05 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Mikey Boy:

And another year where Mike's hard work is greatly appreciated.

The "problem" with many of the high res pics is that even though they were high-res, they were pixelated and grainy. This stinks because some that should have made it in did not for that reason. (I will post pictures of exactly what I mean by that.)

Monthly representatives will be revealed as the calendar is available for purchase. Thanks to everyone who contributed pictures and your patience.
Posted By: GTO Pete 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 03:36 AM
Posted By: Tourige Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 03:44 AM
Holy crap, looks like its gonna be REALLY good this year.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 03:50 AM
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 03:56 AM

Do we have any time frame on unveiling?
Posted By: Marky_dup1 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 04:03 AM
Great looking cover, Rawburt you are famous now!
Looking foward to this, when can we order it?
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 04:35 AM
That is one SWEET cover. Even if my car wasn't pictured in there, it would be really b*tch*n'
Posted By: Pole120 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Coolkuehl3:
*That is one SWEET cover. Even without my car pictured in there, it is really b*tch*n'

I was going to call you, but figured you were sleeping, congrats Curt.
Posted By: SoundQ SVT_dup1 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 04:57 AM
Pete, you're such a tease...

Cover looks great! Now where's the rest.
Posted By: Davo Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 05:50 AM

Posted By: svt4stv Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 05:54 AM
that's awesome!
Posted By: RespectTheContour Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 12:36 PM
<---hard
Posted By: RawBurt Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 12:51 PM
That is freaking awesome!
Posted By: Frosty Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 05:08 PM
Holy [censored]! That's amazing!!!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 05:19 PM
No flowers.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 06:46 PM
No flowers.

Posted By: m!key Re: 06 Calendar - Coming soon.... - 12/15/05 10:54 PM
hahahahaaaassholes