Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 04:56 AM
10:30 - Closing up the restaurant early for once and in the kitchen finishing up. Hear a "thud" from the back - but dismissed it thinking it was a box in my office falling. Want to go catch War of the Worlds with some buddies at 10:40.

10:30:45 - Interest is piqued and I go outside to look. See the driver's side door MANGLED (pix at end) and a set of brake lights flying around the corner and I know exactly who it is. A "hispanic" [censored] that works in the Indian restaurant that drives a late 90s Xterra. I gave chase on foot but she was gone.

10:32ish - I call up a friend, on his way to the theater, and tell him what happens. He says he's right behind the Xterra in question, got the plate info, and followed her. Being an EMT, he made a call as well and gave them information.

10:34 - I call 911 and make the report. Friend comes back after he finds out the whore went to a Latin night club, and that he was told to come back to the scene of the crime.

11:30 - Watching Law and Order: SVU in the restaurant, doing the "WTF" thing about the response time.

11:45 - Call 911 again and politely inquire to the situation to which they say: "We don't have your call as being reported sir. But we'll send someone right away." (Later this was cleared up by the officer as being a mixup at dispatch and the first call was recorded).

12:00 AM - Officer arrives. Tells me he ran the plates and, of-[censored]-course, the gash doesn't have any insurance. But he's going to track down the truck and investigate the damage.

So he told me my options were basically this: I talk to this useless vagina and come to an independent resolution to getting the car fixed. But he said if she refuses, he'll be happy to come in and arrest her and I can take it up with the courts.

Should I skip the nicey-nice and pray she resist arrest so I get to see a Tazer in action live? Or should I actually confront her and hope she speaks English?

Now not only does my A/C not work, but my window rolls down only a third of the way. Could I file this under pain and suffering?

Edit: Pix actually came out ok in the parking lot, here they are:

Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 05:01 AM
DAMN

poor tour I hope her ass it nailed to wall not only to get your car fixed, but her hit and run at the same time. if you fudge up driving you have to pay for it.

had a similar problem when someone used tempar paint on the side of my car around xmas took the cop 55 minutes to get there. but mine washed off
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 05:03 AM
That sucks. I hope you get the situation taken care of.
Don't bother being nice to her , she's the one who took off !
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 05:04 AM
god dammn dude!! I'm sorry meng
Posted By: 303GreenDestiny Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 05:09 AM
I had a hit and run on my car a while back and I was even parked way far out in the Walmart lot. Luckily it didn't do much damage, but it was still lame that whoever hit it didn't come clean. Hope the contour karma gods get them.

At least take her to court and get her what she deserves.
Posted By: tropictour Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 05:43 AM
Originally posted by PÃ?â?¢WDÃ?â?°Ã?®CÃ?Ë?Ã?Æ?TMÃ?â?¬Ã?Æ?:

-tropictour
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:08 AM
Originally posted by tropictour:

-tropictour

+1

Ray
Posted By: Electric Frost Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Ray:

-tropictour

+1

Ray

And fricking awesome you caught the biaaatch, if I caught someone doing that, omfg, I would prolly be the one in trouble with the 5-0 after it was all said and done...ugh
Posted By: TjZ Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:22 AM
Sal, that sucks man but I will swing by your place tomorrow for some food and chat time You can check out the CTA and E1's. Also now its time for the silver fox to run again lets fix it asap. NC'rs must rally up NOW
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:23 AM

-tropictour

+1

Ray

Definately agree! Try to get her to pay for AC as well!
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:42 AM
Tomorrow will be the day of reckoning I believe. I'll smile as much as possible.

What sucks is, I just spent $250 on a Motorcycle Trailer.

Yes... I'm ashamed to admit... a trailer hitch is going on the SVTeezy.
Posted By: TjZ Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 06:53 AM
Originally posted by SalKhan:
Tomorrow will be the day of reckoning I believe. I'll smile as much as possible.

What sucks is, I just spent $250 on a Motorcycle Trailer.

Yes... I'm ashamed to admit... a trailer hitch is going on the SVTeezy.

SVT with a hitch I have to see it. Sal reckoning is needed so get it.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 11:41 AM
These days sacrificing any amount of trime when the LEOs are on your side in something like this is dangerous. Run with this and make sure she knows that you can't eff with someone else's property and hide behind a slow/inefficient legal sytem.
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:26 PM
I would think if you take her to court and win (which sounds like it should be easy) you could garnish her wages until the damages are paid in full. That or you could politely talk to her employer and see if he is willing to do anything about an employee that is about to get arrested if she doesn't come up with cash.

Rick
Posted By: liquidX Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:37 PM
And they want me to de-knauberize...

I DON'T THINK SO!
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:37 PM
That bish stole your jack covers too!!!

I'd have to say, IMHO, that you confront her, let her know how pissed you are, and see if she'll settle with you there. If you dont get what you want from her, take it to the courts.
Posted By: xdouble_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:39 PM
Geez, those door ding strips don't work very well, do they?

Sorry to hear/see this. Somehow, I doubt it can be handled independently, but you never know. Good luck getting this resolved.
Posted By: bigMoneyRacing_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:41 PM
Sorry, you lost me at:
this useless vagina

LMAO!!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:49 PM
That poor car.

IIRC, it's been through two garage doors (literally ), some other dings and dents and now this bit** pulls a hit and run.

Maybe you should just have her arrested. I wanna see the Taser video.

Wait...did you say a hitch for a MC trailer?? That car needs a new home.

Hope everything works out and she gets what she deserves.
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 01:55 PM
Try & get some pics of her vehicle too...perhaps some of your paint is on there. Your insurance company should provide an attorney & pursue her for the damages even though she has no insurance. Take her to court, she'll have to pay...she'll have to sell her vehicle if needed.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 02:08 PM
Originally posted by XtrudeHoeing:
And they want me to de-knauberize...

I DON'T THINK SO!

Knauberizing is removing the strips, so de-knauberizing is putting them back on. Good try though.
Posted By: Ex-Mean'Tour Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 02:11 PM

So he told me my options were basically this: I talk to this useless vagina and come to an independent resolution to getting the car fixed. But he said if she refuses, he'll be happy to come in and arrest her and I can take it up with the courts.

I don't get this. Aren't "Hit and Run" and not having insurance both crimes? If he has investigated and concluded it was her, then shouldn't her arrest be automatic?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 02:30 PM
You're lucky it was just the door that was hit. I'm sure you'll win no matter what. You saw her do it basically & you have a buddy to back it up.
Posted By: Pope Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 03:00 PM
unless your state forbids doing so, like Michigan does, sue the [censored] out of her for damages, mental anguish over missing the movie, etc... you'll need a lawyer like Cockrin to win, but it'd make for a nice news story. (also call ICE on her just to be safe)
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 03:28 PM
I'd call my insurance agent and get his/her advice on how to proceed.
It is kind of strange that the cop left the decision up to you rather than pursue her immediately.
Posted By: XT_ Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 03:28 PM

-tropictour

+1

Ray

+11tybillion
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 04:45 PM
Update... for dat ass

Well she hasn't shown up for work today (She works next door in an Indian restaurant) and I'm not about to wait...

Authorities have been called and they are en route!

As far as the history of the car:

2 Garage Doors
1 Colin McRae into an armco. New nose, lights, and hood were required.
3 Jackstands covers missing from various incidents (Including a pile of ice at a mall)
2 fuel Pumps (About to do a 3rd)
1 IMRC
3 Blown Tires due to debris
1 Hit-n-Run
... and a partridge in a pear tree.

Almost sounds like my bike.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 04:51 PM
As far as the cop and the insurance:

Here's the thing... She's driving without insurance. (Maybe even without a license) So she will be arrested. However the paperwork, dates, court, all the stuff will take time. He told me that if she agrees with me to pay the damage, they'll pursue the midemeanors another time so that I can get your affairs sorted out right now without the hassle of court dates, lawyers, etc.... Which for me is good considering I spend more time at work than I do at home every week. Maybe he was lazy? Maybe he was just working the system for me? I don't know, but that was the deal he laid out for me.

And as far as my insurance goes - I'm on my stepfather's policy (I actually signed the car over to him... Long story) and I'm out of state. I'm not quite sure if she has uninsured motorist coverage. So I'm waiting to hear from both her and the police before I claim anything.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 07:06 PM
As far as the cop and the insurance:

Here's the thing... She's driving without insurance. (Maybe even without a license) So she will be arrested. However the paperwork, dates, court, all the stuff will take time. He told me that if she agrees with me to pay the damage, they'll pursue the midemeanors another time so that I can get your affairs sorted out right now without the hassle of court dates, lawyers, etc....

That makes sense to me then. I didn't even think of it that way.

in any case, best of luck getting this resolved.
Posted By: v6contourse Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 07:19 PM
Have him arrest her [censored]!!! Thats what i did when a woman decided to throw her car in reverse sittin at a stoplight, back into me, and then try to run. . Then i introduced her to the contour's ability to run her stuff down while i was on the phone with the police. He arrested her for felony hit and run.
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 07:45 PM
I hope your situation pans out better than mine, i had a hit and run, called cops, got police reports, but my insurance wouldn't waive the deductible, even with the police report they basically summed it up as "Pay your $500 deductable, or if you know who did it have their insurance cover it" after that i just wanted to shout "If i knew who did it it wouldn't be a hit and run, it'd be a collision dumbass!"

So I'm still driving around with a cracked rear svt bumper, and have a $500 deduct i can't afford
Posted By: m!key Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 08:40 PM
i will take an L2.
Posted By: TGO Re: Hit and Run... - 06/30/05 09:45 PM
definitley have her arrested. F- that man. I've had a hit & run on my car twice. Both times, luckily it was covered by insurance. First time the woman left a note, and the second time my insuarnce covered it as a "no fault."

I have some good new for you though...find someone parting out a 'tour, there's plenty. Due to shoddy body work from the first accident ( i had almost identical damage to you ) I decided to just replace the door, which is what should have been done the first time. It cost me $75, and the guy who sold me the door gave me a bunch of other stuff for free too. It took about 45 minutes to install and swap over hardware..that includes my spirited drive around the parking lot of my job with the door off.
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/01/05 12:02 AM
UPDATE..... REDUX!!

She didn't show up today so I called the police. Of course about 75 minutes later he shows up (close because I almost left for the bank).

He took my statment and said that he found out the [censored] actually had her insurance on hold - which could mean she either missed a payment or is being reviewed.... Or something. So there might be SOME hope.

What's new to me is the process for following up on the report. He gave me a business-sized card with a case number and website. In 1-2 days I have to go to the website and enter the case number where I'll be directed to the information on the report along with her HER insurance information - if it's there.

Otherwise I'll have to find out about my insurance carrying uninsured motorist coverage or if necessary, how the collision will be covered. Being that I have a report and the guilty party I hope it would bode favorably.

The officer sounded promising in that it will solved one way or another. He said it's mostly circumstantial for now but given the information he's been given, it SHOULD work out.

Not happy, but not pissed. At least I have the Aprilia.... With the broken mirror.

Too many long stories....
Posted By: Stazi Re: Hit and Run... - 07/01/05 12:37 PM
Man I would be livid.

I had some asshat demolish my rear end and then try and weasel out of paying for it. I was NOT going to claim the deductible so I filed a "mini-tort", in MI you can do this as well as other no fault states. It's a legal doc that lets you sue the other person for the damages. I did this through advice of my insurnce company and I never paid a freakin' cent!
Posted By: PeppermintPatty Re: Hit and Run... - 07/01/05 12:52 PM
You really need to at least notify your ins co of the situation even if you don't think you need them quite yet. They can't do anything to you, as far as raising your premium or loosing discounts w/o you filing a claim...although they still may be able to assist positively in the justice of this case.
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: Hit and Run... - 07/01/05 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
god dammn

Why isn't crap like this edited? Shame on you.
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 11:44 AM
Because people who get upset over swear words need to stop being wieners anyway
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:

AaaaaaaaaAAaaaAAAaaaaaaaamen.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 04:01 PM

People who consider using the Lord's name in vain a simple "swear word" and have absolutely no intention of even TRYING to censor theirselves (instead, making excuses why the OTHER people are wrong) need to stop being that way, too..

Ray
Posted By: BEVAN//3L Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 04:55 PM
10:30:45 - Interest is piqued and I go outside to look. See the driver's side door MANGLED (pix at end) and a set of brake lights flying around the corner and I know exactly who it is. A "hispanic" [censored] that works in the Indian restaurant that drives a late 90s Xterra. I gave chase on foot but she was gone.

I can fix it,call me.

Mike
Posted By: DuratecDave_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 06:23 PM
Thanks for the play-by-play action with timeline, there John Madden.

Agreed that it was a good thing your buddy was an EMT, that way he would be able to "make a call".

Why in the world would you call 911 for someone bumping your car? Yeah it sucks that it happened, but not only did you call an emergency number once, you impatient drama queen you called twice?
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 06:46 PM
Originally posted by DuratecDave:
Thanks for the play-by-play action with timeline, there John Madden.

Agreed that it was a good thing your buddy was an EMT, that way he would be able to "make a call".

Why in the world would you call 911 for someone bumping your car? Yeah it sucks that it happened, but not only did you call an emergency number once, you impatient drama queen you called twice?

A) When I called 911 I told them to direct me to someone who can help a hit-n-run with no injuries, and they did. So your precious time was not wasted.

B) When it's nearly 12 AM and I waited almost 90 minutes WHILE I just got done doing a 13 hour day, I would like to think I was very polite considering my real mood. I'm thinking most people, who don't seem to appreciate law enforcement, probably would've done nothing but b!tch and whine, as true to your drama queen impressions I'm sure, about how it took them an hour-and-a-fu(king-half (look no "god" with a lowercase "g"!) to respond to obvious illegal activity. I simply smiled, thanked him for coming and gave him the details. And considering when I calld back they said they didn't have my call on record because it was mis-filed, I'd like to think my resolve would've made Mother Theresa smile. So if I was wearing too much make-up and crying a little too much for your taste... you can eat my ass.... With syrup please.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 08:31 PM
look no "god" with a lowercase "g"

I SINCERELY thank you. Thank you, very, very much!!!

Ray
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 08:36 PM

People who consider using the Lord's name in vain a simple "swear word" and have absolutely no intention of even TRYING to censor theirselves (instead, making excuses why the OTHER people are wrong) need to stop being that way, too..

Ray

Very well Ray, you have a point. However its just written words on a message board. If people can get seriously upset about something said in a public forum (be it against the rules or not) then maybe they should consider staying away. I guess part of it all is that I have trouble understand how people can take things so seriously, thats all.

You also have to take into account that not all people are religious, or even care about 'god'. Althought some measure of respect regarding your religion would be nice, they shouldnt be required to censor themselves because of the whim of a few people. "God" is not a swear word for an atheist (or in my case, im just a catholic that doesnt really care).

Sal, sorry for hijacking !
Posted By: SalKhan_dup1 Re: Hit and Run... - 07/02/05 08:56 PM

Doesn't bother me!

The internet is a silly place and filled with many silly people.
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Hit and Run... - 07/04/05 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear 'bout your ride , Sal . Hopefully it gets all fixed up to it's former perfect glory ! Seriously , I'd be pretty worked-up too . Good luck .
Posted By: touredon Re: Hit and Run... - 07/04/05 04:03 PM

Ray

Very well Ray, you have a point. However its just written words on a message board. If people can get seriously upset about something said in a public forum (be it against the rules or not) then maybe they should consider staying away. I guess part of it all is that I have trouble understand how people can take things so seriously, thats all.

You also have to take into account that not all people are religious, or even care about 'god'. Althought some measure of respect regarding your religion would be nice, they shouldnt be required to censor themselves because of the whim of a few people. "God" is not a swear word for an atheist (or in my case, im just a catholic that doesnt really care).

Amen!
© CEG Archives