Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Look what came today!!! Doesnt look like Im going to class today, cause I may be puttin these on all afternoon!!!! I waited a whole month for these!

That's hot. It's about a 4 hour job. If you've done it before.
soo hott

I envy you
i hated waiting so long for those. I remember when i first put them on. It was soooo much faster!! if you do not have a good exaust system they sound gargally. When you get the exaust done is when it really shines. Then get the car tuned so you don't have any problems.
this is whats downstream:

magnaflow race series. gonna sound hot!

im about to start the install, wish me luck!
omg I wanna smoke tail-lights!!!!
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

i hear that the high is a bummer though.

Probably not too good for your health.
Originally posted by mikey boy:

i hear that the high is a bummer though.

what u mean?
C'mon guys, smoking plastic =

He meant actually SMOKING the tail lights (plastic)...
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
C'mon guys, smoking plastic =

He meant actually SMOKING the tail lights (plastic)...

Duh
BTW, very nice exhaust. Congrats!
You won't regret this mod!!!! GOOOOOD LUCK!!!
err..what brand are these headers though? Not the Weapon R is it??????

-dan
Ahem...read the title of this thread.

Hope the install is going well, Chris!
You bastid, Kingpin! First the sexy tint and exhaust, now MSDS?

Don't park your car in my neighborhood

Hope the install has gone well.
Originally posted by Derk2000:
Ahem...read the title of this thread.

Hope the install is going well, Chris!

Team America? is that the brand? Never heard of it. I honestly thought it was a name of a puppet movie. lol and umm Price?

-dan
I think he's denoting a "Team America" voice while exclaiming the fact that he got his MSDS headers.
Ehhh stupid V bend in the Y-pipe, headers looks nice tho
from team america, when they sing "america, fu(k yeah!" anyway, this install is every bit a pain in the a$$ as everyone says. ive been working for ~3 1/2 hours and still dont have the manifolds off. 2 more nuts on the front and 3 in the back. who ever invented the flex head gear wrench is a god. and the wobble extension.

on no, they are not weapon rice.
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
this is whats downstream:

magnaflow race series. gonna sound hot!

im about to start the install, wish me luck!

BRING DING DING BAAA, RICE! i hate Dual Fart Cannons
Originally posted by Pre98:
You bastid, Kingpin! First the sexy tint and exhaust, now MSDS?

Don't park your car in my neighborhood

Hope the install has gone well.

and dont forget that mirko in a week or so
Originally posted by Tourige:

BRING DING DING BAAA, RICE! i hate Dual Fart Cannons

there not ricey fart cans, they're magnaflow race series mufflers, and he's got a magnaflow muffler upstream from them. he posted sound clips a while back, listen to them, it's far from rice.
..You beat me to it.
So up to hour 6, I'll bet this will need a Day 2.....lol. Do not worry though, the headers are worth it. I had'em on my SVT, best Mod for NA aside from 3L hands down IMHO

those things are hott!!
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
So up to hour 6, I'll bet this will need a Day 2.....lol. Do not worry though, the headers are worth it. I had'em on my SVT, best Mod for NA aside from 3L hands down IMHO

ok, i called it quits at midnight. the front header is completely installed, the rear manifold is off. unfortunately, i couldnt get the studs off on the passenger side, so i have to pull the alternater. i was getting frustrated and just decided to call it a night. so tomorrow the alt. gets pulled, the rear manifold comes out, new header goes in, install y pipe.

tally right now is one small patch of skin missing on my knuckle, lots of scratches, and a few swollen areas on my forarms. im gonna be sore tomorrow. . . .
That's not a bad list of cuts and scrapes.
That rear manifold is a total PITA, and I wouldn't have gotten my car done in 6.5 hrs. if there weren't many others working on my car at the same time. It's a hard job to do, especially if its your first time. Keep up the good work!
I LOVE that pipework you have going on!

-SAV
MSDS headers and y-pipe? Luckkkkky!! No seriously I can't wait to order mine with the next group buy. You best post some sound clips. I will do a search for your other ones, anyone have any idea what section to do a search in (performance?)?
© CEG Archives