Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99SVTdriver Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 03:00 AM
I am a rather thin guy and I slide around in the CSVT seats. I am planning on doing some Autocross events soon and wanted ideas on getting settled. Has anyone added a racing harness? Brands? Mounting points? It is my daily driver so it would still have to comply with local laws. Thanks for the feedback.

-David
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 03:07 AM
I have a harness (3 point) though one of my points is where the back seat used to be. With back seat in, you either have to mount on top of the rear deck, or to the C-pillar (and of course lower bolts, go in floor pan or I think some can go on seat frame). You can also get a custom roll cage (or half roll cage) made and mount to it. My harness is a corbeau double release, snap-in 3 point.
Posted By: weargle Re: Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 01:27 PM
I use a Schroth Rallye 4. Good investment that keeps your butt planted in the seat, so you can focus on steering inputs rather than hanging on.

A good hint that I learned early on (before getting a harness) is to put your seat as far forward as you are comfortable with the seat back as vertical as possible, then use your left foot to force your behind into the seat hard. That way, you're firmly planted *and* you're not thinking about grabbing the clutch when you're in a turnaround.
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 04:19 PM
For the low buck solution, try using one of those baby-seat clamps. At least your butt will stay put.

Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 06:49 PM
3 Point Sparco...

Custom bracket so I can take the harness out in seconds.

There is hole already in the rear deck.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Racing Harness? - 05/18/04 07:48 PM
Originally posted by weargle:

A good hint that I learned early on (before getting a harness) is to put your seat as far forward as you are comfortable with the seat back as vertical as possible, then use your left foot to force your behind into the seat hard. That way, you're firmly planted *and* you're not thinking about grabbing the clutch when you're in a turnaround.

Or you can buy racing seats.
© CEG Archives