Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: RSchiller_dup1 Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/18/03 08:25 PM
Anyone know a good modification to the Koni adjuster to make it easier to get at the rear adjustments on a CSVT?

Randy Schiller

'99 SVT (AutoX only)
'98 SE ATX
Posted By: Mondeo V6 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/19/03 12:37 PM
If the Contour is like the Mondeo then the adjuster doesn't go down far enough?? When i had this problem i contacted my dealer who contacted koni who supplied an adjuster with a longer reach!! the only thing i had to do was cut some of the boot trim so the top of the shock could be seen.I often though about making an adaptor that would screw onto the upper plastic trim so the adjuster was always on but i don;t adjust mine that often so didn't bother.....
Posted By: TheMark_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/19/03 12:50 PM
Originally posted by RSchiller:

Anyone know a good modification to the Koni adjuster to make it easier to get at the rear adjustments on a CSVT?

A few things you can do... Take a dremmel tool (or other implement of destruction) and grind off some of the plastic apron that is on the handle of the Koni tool, this will give it some more reach. Also, I have seen someone use a bolt that they had cut a groove into with the aforementioned implement and then used a box-end wrench on it. hth

Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/19/03 05:50 PM
I used a hacksaw blade to cut away the "apron" of the knob. Koni does offer the proper tool, $5.00, I think.
Posted By: EricF Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/20/03 01:17 AM
Here you go...

Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/20/03 03:29 AM
Thats what I did to mine with a pair of side cutters!
Posted By: JETNBYA Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/21/03 04:21 PM
Me too! Just do a little trimming and it works great.

Jim
Posted By: ibub_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/21/03 05:46 PM
precisely!
Posted By: holycowSVTpaul_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/22/03 10:31 PM
I cut mine down as shown with a dremel and it cleaned up really nice with some rough sandpaper. You could hardly tell after finishing with sandpaper. Works like charm.
Posted By: EricF Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/23/03 01:32 AM
Just be glad the contours are a little easier to get at in the back
than the cougars... I think I can get a 1/4 turn in at a time.. LOL
Posted By: RSchiller_dup1 Re: Koni Adjuster Mod? - 05/24/03 12:35 AM
Thanks to all - it works great! AutoX here I come!
© CEG Archives