Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Great win. - 08/28/06 11:56 PM
http://www.nepa-scca.com/solo2results2006/solo2results_082706.htm

Finally got a stinkin' '89 Si with a good driver. Woot! Admitedly it was a lot of head games to make him go slower (didn't work on Kobak - he made a National Trophy run. Touched every apex cone, perfect line, etc.), but still...

2nd in PAX, 3rd in Raw. Turbo SM Neon? Slower. STR4 ACR on slicks? Slower. Crazy turbo MR2? Slower. All three of them, actually.
Posted By: chknhwk_dup1 Re: Great win. - 08/29/06 01:25 AM
Wow, those are some hard wins! Congratulations.
Posted By: SVT2000Contour_dup1 Re: Great win. - 08/30/06 04:58 PM
Great job. I know some of the drivers you beat and they are NOT pushovers. Wish i could go that fast.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Great win. - 08/30/06 08:38 PM
I think that race tires do not give you a real advantage on the Schuylkill Mall lot there. last year I ran once there and I just barely beat Chris Haydu and I was running RA-1's while he was running good street tires.

http://www.nepa-scca.com/solo2results2005/solo2results_082105.htm
Posted By: weargle Re: Great win. - 08/30/06 10:39 PM
RA-1s aren't any better than Azenis on my car. Now 215/50-13 V710s? Holy shit. Daddy's addicted. The only thing that could be better is the A6. Even on gritty, pebbly sites it's faster than street tires could ever hope to be.

Nice driving, Phil, now put some race tires on the fast car and fix that rust. FTD and FTPAX for sheezie.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Great win. - 08/31/06 01:55 AM
I wish they made V710's in the correct size for my protege (or at least one that would fit the stock wheel area). At least this year they have the better sized A6's I might give them try sometime.

I thought the RA-1's did pretty good for what they are. I managed a 2nd in pax at a cumberland airport event and a 3rd in pax just ahead of sam strano at a local autocrossers inc. event last year.
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Great win. - 08/31/06 02:10 AM
Originally posted by moxnix:

I thought the RA-1's did pretty good for what they are. I managed a 2nd in pax at a cumberland airport event and a 3rd in pax just ahead of sam strano at a local autocrossers inc. event last year.

Wow. Did Sam have a bad day or did you sneak the MSP into HS? That's nuts

Seriously though, that's quick. Sam's not just a national driver, he's a national shoo-in.
Posted By: moxnix_dup1 Re: Great win. - 08/31/06 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
Originally posted by moxnix:

Wow. Did Sam have a bad day or did you sneak the MSP into HS? That's nuts

Seriously though, that's quick. Sam's not just a national driver, he's a national shoo-in.

Well I might have left out a few details

It was pouring rain that day and Sam was driving a B Stock MR2 Turbo. He managed 6th in PAX at the D.C. event the next day in the dry and I was 51st.

Also the MSP has alwasy been a very good wet car for me.

Some of my friends told me I needed to print out those PAX results and frame them.
http://www.autocrossersinc.net/docs/AI_Results_10-08-2005.pdf
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Great win. - 08/31/06 11:02 AM
Yeah, you definetly do.

FWD+LSD+WET=PAX.

I'm starting to think that either the driver's mental condition or odd variations in course surface can really affect times. I just haven't figured out which is the determining factor. There's a local AS driver in an S2000 that usually takes PAX. I've beaten him before, but only on one lot. On another lot he dominates. He thinks the junky AS04s he runs are better on that lot, I think he drives well because he's mentally prepared to go faster, and since it's not our lot he doesn't have RE duties to distract him. Maybe it's both.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Great win. - 09/05/06 04:03 AM
GO KIA!!!
Chris Delarche KIA RIO 0 0:37.864

Joshua Boinski PONTIAC VIBE 0 0:39.298

Mike Bartasevich PONT SUNFIRE 0 0:43.885
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Great win. - 09/05/06 01:03 PM
Have you ever seen him run? He threw on some r-comps and can really drive. He's very apologetic about the car though: "I wouldn't reccommend this car for anything like this [autocross]. It was just what fit my daily driver needs."
Posted By: Blue Goose Re: Great win. - 09/05/06 03:52 PM
Phil, its nice to see a Contour on the results there!!!
© CEG Archives