Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Its time people. I know you have been waiting. So on with the details. These are handlaid carbon fiber hoods with fiberglass gel coated frame. The weight is estimated around 10-15lbs. The come ready to mount on your vehicle using factory locations. Fitment is great. They also come clear coated using automotive style clear coat w/ UV protection, so no special "carbon fiber wax " is needed, just regular car wax.Also this particular hood does not have cutouts for washer nozzels, but can be added yourself.
They are ready to order, there is no waitng for 5 people to get started. Once a order has been placed, it takes one day to lay up a hood, than it will be shipped the next. If there is people ahead of you, than your next in line and your hood will be made as soon as possible.

Pricing -$425
Shipping Info - email with a quote@
Kerri-cf1@verizon.net
Approx. $140-150, using Conway air freight
Busniess address's are cheaper

Payment info

-Paypal- wingspancomp@verizon.net
-For other methods of payment please email
Jacob(check contact info)
- Please include shipping info, and a daytime
phone number for the shipping company to
contact you when hood is ready to be
delivered.

Pickup Hoods can be picked up at the shop in L.A.
Will need to make arrangements with Jacob first, as these hoods are on a per-order basis.

Safety
Hood pins are not included but Strongly recomended.
Not responsible for improper mounting. Those not using pins are using at your "own risk". For those wondering, stock latch is very strong though.

Questions,Comments,Concerns, Contact Info
Carbon Fiber shop rep-Jacob, customcfshop@comcast.net

Group Buy starter and all around good guy Brett
bp.powell@comcast.net

On with the freakin pics I apologize in advance for the on car pics. I had to do it at night, and carbon fiber is dang near impossible to photograph that late. I should have some better day time pics in a few days. I hope this will wet you appetites.

How long do we have to place our orders? I am getting ready to move back to the US and won't have the money for a few months.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 11:50 AM
i'm sure we've asked a lot from you already but is there any way i can see this in the daytime??
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 12:06 PM
Originally posted by pole120:
i'm sure we've asked a lot from you already but is there any way i can see this in the daytime??

Originally posted by livinsvt:
I should have some better day time pics in a few days. I hope this will wet you appetites.

Posted By: Pole120 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 12:08 PM
my bad....
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 01:05 PM
Since you are in Michigan, am I safe in assuming you'll be at the Downtown Cruise with one of these on your/someone's ride? Because your night time pictures (excuse me) leave alot to be desired, it would be perfect to see them in person. If not, take a few minutes today and take some more pictures. You got the night time ones up quick, hopefully you can do the same with the day time ones. Face it, you're asking for over $550, better pix will help us decide quicker. Thanks for all you've done so far.

One more thing: how well does carbon fiber hold up to road dings? One of the reasons (aside from the looks) I want to do this is my hood has alot of dings in it. Nothing major, just the kind that bother the !@#$#@! out of someone who cares about their car. Does a chip show up a different color like it does on a painted surface? It's not gonna stop me from buying, I'm just curious.
** Checks Wallets**

** Moths fly out**

Originally posted by wa2tuff:

One more thing: how well does carbon fiber hold up to road dings?

Ding carbon fiber? LMFAO! Sounds like someone is making excuses NOT to get one.

Standard Grade Carbon Fiber Tensile Strength (GPa) 3.5
High Tensile Steel Tensile Strength (GPa) 1.3
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 02:14 PM
Originally posted by todras:

I think he is talking about chips from rocks in the clear coat.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 02:19 PM
Originally posted by WOLF24:
Originally posted by todras:

I think he is talkinag about chips from rocks in the clear coat.

No, I really want this hood. Is the white I see from the wax? I've tried to remove it with a towel and a toothbrush. It's still there. What else can I do?
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 02:38 PM
I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard to find a way to afford this, but my suggestion to you wa2tuff would be perhaps have one of those clear bra's put on. Hardly shows up, and for the investment on this hood, I think it would be worth every penny.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 03:37 PM
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard to find a way to afford this, but my suggestion to you wa2tuff would be perhaps have one of those clear bra's put on. Hardly shows up, and for the investment on this hood, I think it would be worth every penny.

Are you talking about an actual bra or the clear stick on stuff? If it's the stick on stuff, wouldn't it still look different or at least have a line across the hood on the trailing edge? Hey livinsvt, what's the answer to the question of the day?

Standard Grade Carbon Fiber Tensile Strength (GPa) 3.5
High Tensile Steel Tensile Strength (GPa) 1.3

And Todd, since I really don't know, why don't you be the hero of the day and enlighten me. I guess you're telling me it won't chip? I find that hard to believe.

I'm not all on the up and up on this stuff, but can these be painted?
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm not all on the up and up on this stuff, but can these be painted?

Most definitly. You just have to scuff the clear coat, and have it re-sprayed/cleared.

Since you are in Michigan, am I safe in assuming you'll be at the Downtown Cruise with one of these on your/someone's ride? Because your night time pictures (excuse me) leave alot to be desired, it would be perfect to see them in person. If not, take a few minutes today and take some more pictures. You got the night time ones up quick, hopefully you can do the same with the day time ones. Face it, you're asking for over $550, better pix will help us decide quicker. Thanks for all you've done so far.

Dang awfully bossy..LOL No love, I was up until 4:00 am doin this for ya, than back up at 11:00. I will say again, I will get daytime pics up ASAP. I figured something was better than nothing. Me and the car are in two different places. As far as the downriver cruise, I can't say for sure if I will be there or not. Once again sorry for the poor images everyone. I will let Jacob answer the questions about rocks, but like mentioned before carbon fiber doesn't chip, but it does use automotive clear coat so "dings" may be unavoidable, in the clear itself. Thanks all
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 03:57 PM
Yes, I was referring to the clear plastic film that can be applied to the front ends of cars. When I have my car repainted, I will most definitely be getting a clear bra put on the bumper, and front end of hood. I'd rather have a small line across the hood, and chips in my clear bra, than have chips in the clear coat. Besides, clear bras can always be removed and replaced with new ones, i.e. bye bye chips!
I'll probably also be getting the clear bra put on the side skirts and a small portion of the rear bumper. But all this will be at least a year or two away till i have the money to spend on repainting the car.
FYI it's called 3M Paint Protectant Film. Way different than a bra. No the hood won't ding. The worst that could happen is that the clear will chip just like a regular hood.
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 05:03 PM
Dang awfully bossy..LOL No love, I was up until 4:00 am doin this for ya, than back up at 11:00. I will say again, I will get daytime pics up ASAP. I figured something was better than nothing. Me and the car are in two different places. As far as the downriver cruise, I can't say for sure if I will be there or not. Once again sorry for the poor images everyone. I will let Jacob answer the questions about rocks, but like mentioned before carbon fiber doesn't chip, but it does use automotive clear coat so "dings" may be unavoidable, in the clear itself. Thanks all

No need to apologize us because some people are a little TOO IMPATIENT. You are doing a good job livinsvt, people need to realize that this group buy is going very good so far compared to the others that failed or are having problems.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 05:24 PM
Originally posted by WOLF24:

No need to apologize us because some people are a little TOO IMPATIENT. You are doing a good job livinsvt, people need to realize that this group buy is going very good so far compared to the others that failed or are having problems.

Jeez, sorry if I didn't put a LOL in there somewhere. I'm not a little too impatient, I'm alot impatient. I've been waiting on something like this forever (at least it seems that long). I'm not b!tchin, I just want it.
Posted By: thejms Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 06:10 PM
Originally posted by carraudio:
How long do we have to place our orders?

Ya I want one too, but cant get one right away.
Originally posted by thejms:

Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/23/04 07:41 PM
question....?

in this pic, are the windshield nozzles under the cowl?! would they be functional with this hood as compared to the OEM? just curious...and killin time til the day pics come out. thanks for workin on this hood and gettin pics out as quick as you can, even though it is a tease to not see that clearly, you are kickin ass over any other CFhood GB for sure. cant wait to get mine.
Also this particular hood does not have cutouts for washer nozzels, but can be added yourself.

No washers nozzels are hooked up.

I will let Jacob decide how long he wants to keep this open. Than will set a dealine.
Man that'd make a great birthday present. Anyone? C'mon, it was just yesterday!
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/24/04 01:43 AM
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Man that'd make a great birthday present. Anyone? C'mon, it was just yesterday!

NICE! my bday is on saturday and im gettin one of these hoods with some bday cash from the rents...which one will depend on final pics!
happy bday dude!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/24/04 02:01 AM
Whose the guy in the picture? And why isn't he smiling? He's got a new CF cowl hood on his car!!!

I haven't decided if I will put w/w squirters in it, probably not. I might look at how my daughter's Cavalier is done. Hers are on the wiper arm. BUT if I do decide to do it, what kind of special, if any, steps do I have to take to make sure I don't screw anything up? And as a bow of humbleness to WOLF24, thanks again for all you've done to make this happen.
Whose the guy in the picture? And why isn't he smiling? He's got a new CF cowl hood on his car!!!

I haven't decided if I will put w/w squirters in it, probably not. I might look at how my daughter's Cavalier is done. Hers are on the wiper arm. BUT if I do decide to do it, what kind of special, if any, steps do I have to take to make sure I don't screw anything up? And as a bow of humbleness to WOLF24, thanks again for all you've done to make this happen.

You guys crack me up! Thanks for all the support. As far as cutting the hood hear is all you need to know, measure once cut twice . Got it. Seriously, there realy isn't anything special you need to know. But I will see if Jacob can provide some more info for you guys.

How about you people just have fun and put the squirters somewhere that they wont be visible and when you pass by people you squirt. That will be a funny a$$ prank. Imagine ur just chillin wit ur friends outside and a contour with a nice a$$ CF Hood passes by and u end up gettin squirted. I wont really do that but just an idea. Damn i [censored] LOVE that hood wow its amazing only if i had more money and already had my SVT front and back bumpers bought, painted and put on.

Robert

Thats beautiful
WOW!! That does look amazing. Especially with that kit. Dehaze those headlights livin!! I wish I had a bday coming up...
makes me wish i owned a contour just so i'd have a place to mount that great hood....
car is beggin for some black headlights

you guys did a really good job on the hood, its a shame its not functional.
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
car is beggin for some black headlights

you guys did a really good job on the hood, its a shame its not functional.

Sure it is. We get air flow in from the back of the hood, and the vent can be cut out for further air flow. Headlights are the next thing to be fixed for sure.
livinsvt--you have a PM.
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

Thats beautiful

DITTO!!!

Scott
Glad you like Scott. By the way everyone, thats not my car. I can't take all the credit, the owner goes by the real name and screenname STU. He doesn't get to post much. But he appreceates all the props !
I have a question about the design. Non-funtionally it would seem like the hood design would catch A LOT of water when it rains. If we made it functional the water would go into the engine bay. This isn't really good. I like the design and I LOVE carbon fiber but this just seem like the hood has a design flaw.

That said...I'll be buying one in the next month or so.

~darp~
Here's a fix...don't drive it in the rain! :-P
Originally posted by mr_froge:
makes me wish i owned a contour just so i'd have a place to mount that great hood....

I do, and I will!! Guess I'm gonna be numero uno. I just couldn't pass this up. It's taken a long time but I believe it'll be worth the wait. Livinsvt, thanks. I'll be sure to take plenty of pix.

You guys crack me up! Thanks for all the support. As far as cutting the hood hear is all you need to know, measure once cut twice . Got it. Seriously, there realy isn't anything special you need to know. But I will see if Jacob can provide some more info for you guys.

hi guys.
if you really want to open up the cowl portion, be sure to use a couple layers of masking tape and a ruler to draw a straight line where the cut is going to go. i recommend using a dremel w/ an extension as i'm certain that angle won't be the easiest to reach.

as for rain getting in, just drive REALLY fast and dodge those rain drops! but i have to let you guys know, if you cut it open and water gets in and it ultimately results in some sort of damage, we can't be held liable since the end user decided to modify it. to each his own, but i really like the look of it uncut and the vent in the back is functional enough.

lastly, i can't seem to find the link but i knew of a guy w/ a toyota matrix that stealth mounted his washer nozzles under his hood to spray up through the cabin grille just in front of the windshield. maybe you guys can come up with a similar idea!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/24/04 08:44 PM

I haven't decided if I will put w/w squirters in it, probably not. I might look at how my daughter's Cavalier is done. Hers are on the wiper arm.

Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/24/04 10:40 PM
damnit i cant decide im so confused
the OEM is so clean and smooth but that cowl is so SICK and mean lookin
i need
Posted By: m!key Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/24/04 10:52 PM
ummmmmmmm yeah, that is teh sweet.
Wow, that looks very sweet. I think it's a good time to be a contour owner, at least as far looks go. Between this hood and the one Norcal put together, plus all the OEM style ones, there are getting to be some very nice options out there for us.
And what is the big deal about a little water getting on top of your engine anyway? Like water doesn't come into the engine bay from the bottom already??
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/25/04 02:58 AM
i like it except for the vent in the middle of the cowl

without the vent(and an open backed purposeful cowl) i'ld be all over that hood.....nice work
Posted By: Stazi Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/25/04 06:43 PM
I sent my payment in full to Kerri, so I am eagerly awaiting my hood to be made and sent to me.

I plan on switching to the GM style washer nozzles that mount to the wiper stalks.

It looks so sweet! I can't wait!

As for cutting it. As some of you now I already have a hood with a small scoop and vents, and I have never had a problem with it, so I will definitely be cutting the vent out on my CF hood and fitting mesh in there. I need to evacuate as much heat from the engine bay as possible as the turbo concentrates a lot of heat in the engine bay.

Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:
I sent my payment in full to Kerri, so I am eagerly awaiting my hood to be made and sent to me.

I plan on switching to the GM style washer nozzles that mount to the wiper stalks.

As for cutting it. As some of you now I already have a hood with a small scoop and vents, and I have never had a problem with it, so I will definitely be cutting the vent out on my CF hood and fitting mesh in there. I need to evacuate as much heat from the engine bay as possible as the turbo concentrates a lot of heat in the engine bay.

Thats good to hear Stazi. Hey I have a digital laser pointer temp guage. I would like to try and take a few before and after temp readings, unless you have one already. You should meet up with Stu and I, and check out the hood.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/25/04 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Stazi the Aussie:

Me too, me too!!!!! What about water? The vents you have now are different than the one on our hoods. Do you really think water won't be a problem?
Who wants to buy my normal CF hood for cheap?
How cheap is cheap?

For the topic: I really like the hood..lol. Wish I had $600 to drop on it.

~darp~
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Who wants to buy my normal CF hood for cheap?

Take it to the classifieds please!
Take it to the classifieds please!

I just saw STU's car today, and I must say, it looks even better in person. The body kit also looks better in person. You guys can't beat the price and quality of these hoods!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/26/04 07:25 PM
Originally posted by customCFshop:

lastly, i can't seem to find the link but i knew of a guy w/ a toyota matrix that stealth mounted his washer nozzles under his hood to spray up through the cabin grille just in front of the windshield. maybe you guys can come up with a similar idea!

Matrix Nozzlutions
I see a few differend places to send my money through paypal. I'm ready to order the hood but I wanna make sure where to send the money?

jkim@carbon-werks or Wingspancomp@verison.net?

Thanks Mat
Umm there is only one listed for this Gb. Wingspancomp@verizon.net is the only one.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/27/04 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:

Matrix Nozzlutions

I'm wondering since our wiper cowl is slotted--if the nozzles were placed on the solid part by the wipers, would they still squirt over the windshield far enough to be useful. Since my car is now at the dealer's, I can't look myself to see if there is even enough room to mount them, and if there is enough room for the nut and hose underneath. If so, would the wiper have to be removed in order to remove the cowl to mount the squirters?
Umm there is only one listed for this Gb. Wingspancomp@verizon.net is the only one.

I saw another one on the OEM hood GB, thats why I asked.
Paid for mine today, do you think its possible I'll get it befor the 10th?

Mat
Originally posted by Contour98SVT:
Paid for mine today, do you think its possible I'll get it befor the 10th?

Mat

It will be cutting it close. They will let you know for sure. Thank you!
is the raised cowl actually functional? I've read through and haven't seen that clarified. . .I need functional heat clearance for sure. . .

This hood is HOT, and from my previous experiences with this CF company (livinsvt's previous sail panel GB was excellent!), I'm sure this CF hood is very nice. . .
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
I just saw STU's car today, and I must say, it looks even better in person. The body kit also looks better in person. You guys can't beat the price and quality of these hoods!

Thanks Matt. Glad you got to check it out!
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
is the raised cowl actually functional? I've read through and haven't seen that clarified. . .I need functional heat clearance for sure. . .

This hood is HOT, and from my previous experiences with this CF company (livinsvt's previous sail panel GB was excellent!), I'm sure this CF hood is very nice. . .

Yes it is all open in the back, and could even me widened out more if wanted. Plus the vent/ scoop can be cut out for more air flow. I think you need one
Posted By: Korfu Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/28/04 06:59 AM
if only there was a pre98 version
Posted By: outkast Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/28/04 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bmonje:
if only there was a pre98
version

We can,t get a pre 98 hood can we get a photo-chop?
thanks for all the positive feedback!

Contour98SVT, we will do everything we can to get you the hood before the 10th.

Thanks Man you Rock, I leave for vacation and I will be gone for a week and I would love to have the hood on the car before I leave. Even if the car is staying home its just the image I get to take with me.
mmmmmm.....cowl hood
hey scott,
i'm showing that your hood is out for delivery so you should receive it shortly!
enjoy!
Posted By: thejms Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/29/04 05:00 PM
Originally posted by thejms:

We will be ending this Gb at the end of July. At that point we will evaluate the sitation and decide on how we wan't to carry on with these. Thanks for all the support!
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....Deadline - 06/29/04 06:06 PM
im waiting on a check from my moms for my bday adn the rest is in my account, so the money will be coming your way soon. i think im going with the OEM to keep it smooth and simple but i must say that i lost sleep figuring out which one i want. they are both absolutely SiCk!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....Deadline - 06/29/04 06:11 PM
i don't have the cash for CF and i want it body color anyway, is there any chance of us seeing this hood availabe in fiberglass and possibly w\o the scoop??
Originally posted by pole120:
i don't have the cash for CF and i want it body color anyway, is there any chance of us seeing this hood availabe in fiberglass and possibly w\o the scoop??

Sorry carbon only.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 06/29/04 06:58 PM
hey scott,
i'm showing that your hood is out for delivery so you should receive it shortly!
enjoy!

Any word on mine yet?
I am interested but I am wondering how long it will take to get one made. I am going to be able to pick it around August 8
you'd have to get your payment in before the GB ends, but we can definitely get you a hood before August.
So after this GB is over, are you going to offer the hood anymore? Hopefully, you'll just up the price or something...
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So after this GB is over, are you going to offer the hood anymore? Hopefully, you'll just up the price or something...

Still considering options, but I imagine it will still be available for some time, with maybe increased price. If we do good on this buy, we may be able to keep price were its at.
Posted By: Rance Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....Deadline - 07/01/04 01:57 AM
We will be ending this Gb at the end of July. At that point we will evaluate the sitation and decide on how we wan't to carry on with these. Thanks for all the support!

sweet! so I still have time. I deffinately want this hood so I will try to order in begining of july!
Livinsvt, I know your probably swamped with PM's, so I figured I would just post here instead. Do you think this hood will ever become available for pre 98s? I would be interested.
Anything is possible( I answer all my pm's so feel free). But I am not sure there is enough intrest for you guys. If we did though,we would have to except deposits up front, like %50. I think we have proven reliable and fairly quick now so don't be worried. I can discuss it over. But don't expect anything to happend for a couple of months. I will keep you posted, maybe I will start a intrest check. To keep this thread clean,pm with any other questions. Thank you
Bump!
thanks for all the positive feedback!

Contour98SVT, we will do everything we can to get you the hood before the 10th.

Any word on the hood yet?
email sent!
I was #2 after Brett...I just couldn't pass it up!

Struggled with the fit a little and still have to adjust a little more but over all pretty friggin' happy

More pic's in pic's and video...

Thanks Jacob for working out the bugs and getting things taken care of so quick and thanks Brett for getting this GB together!

Scott
Originally posted by scottd60:
I was #2 after Brett...I just couldn't pass it up!

Struggled with the fit a little and still have to adjust a little more but over all pretty friggin' happy

More pic's in pic's and video...

Thanks Jacob for working out the bugs and getting things taken care of so quick and thanks Brett for getting this GB together!

Scott

What problems did you run into with it?
email sent!

Didnt get anything.
Congrats Scott glad everything worked out. It takes a little adjustment to fit most any aftermarket hood, looking good bro!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/12/04 05:16 PM
Got the shipping info late last week from Kerri. Should have the hood by Thursday.

Only because I want to have the answers before I hear the question:: what if the carton/box/etc the hood is packed in comes screwed up--I know not to sign for it but am I limited to posting here for help or can you PM me with a phone number? I obviously don't want to wait XX weeks for a trucking company investigation and claims to happen (or am I just being paranoid?).
Got the shipping info late last week from Kerri. Should have the hood by Thursday.

Only because I want to have the answers before I hear the question:: what if the carton/box/etc the hood is packed in comes screwed up--I know not to sign for it but am I limited to posting here for help or can you PM me with a phone number? I obviously don't want to wait XX weeks for a trucking company investigation and claims to happen (or am I just being paranoid?).

Email Jacob or Kerri right away and they can help with a speedy turn around should something arise. But to let you and others know, these hoods are packaged very well, styrofoam at each corners plus layers on top, plus other packing material. I never had a problem, but we all know how shipping companies are.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/12/04 08:40 PM

Just got a phone call from the delivery truck driver. I should have my hood within an hour or so. I'll post when I see it. Anticipation is rising!!!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/12/04 09:44 PM

Just got a phone call from the delivery truck driver. I should have my hood within an hour or so. I'll post when I see it. Anticipation is rising!!!

It just arrived!!! Course I had to open it up and check it out. I don't know whether to $h!t or go blind!!! It's beautiful. It was also packed good enough to go to China! I don't know how you guys managed to get all the foam packing inside the box and then scoot the hood inside--but thanks. One hell of a packing job!!! Now all I have to do is get it home. I'll use my boss's van tomorrow and then put it on the car Wednesday cause I have to work late tomorrow. Here I am, babbling like a school girl, I'm just excited and pleased. Thanks, to all who were involved, good job!!
Great! I know I don't have to say this, but post pics A.S.A.P. Enjoy my impatient friend
Damn it, now i cant wait for mine!! 2 weeks seems so far away
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/13/04 05:54 PM
im waiting on the reply for my OEM. order was paid for and rec'd last tuesday so im trying to stay calm and be patient but i feel like the school girl that wa2tuff has referred too and mines not even here yet

It just arrived!!! Course I had to open it up and check it out. I don't know whether to $h!t or go blind!!! It's beautiful. It was also packed good enough to go to China! I don't know how you guys managed to get all the foam packing inside the box and then scoot the hood inside--but thanks. One hell of a packing job!!! Now all I have to do is get it home. I'll use my boss's van tomorrow and then put it on the car Wednesday cause I have to work late tomorrow. Here I am, babbling like a school girl, I'm just excited and pleased. Thanks, to all who were involved, good job!!

glad you are already enjoying your new hood!
Is there any particular hood pin i should use when i get the hood. I wish i didnt have to use them, but if its strongly sugested, i will.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/14/04 01:21 PM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Is there any particular hood pin i should use when i get the hood. I wish i didnt have to use them, but if its strongly sugested, i will.

I'd like to have suggestions, too. The box was huge but the hood is very light. I don't think it's too wise to rely solely on a molded in hood latch. I agree with parkedcar, I really don't want to use them but I think it would be a good idea.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/15/04 11:51 PM
wheres my hood
its an OEM that was ordered like 10 days ago and hasnt shipped yet...im assuming its coming "ground" to hawaii and thats gonna be pushin it cause im moving soon

I can't realy suggest anything at this point. I hope to be able to in the future. If you find one just make sure it has a good clip or latch and won't rust on ya.
My hood will be in on monday and right now I am like a little kid that is about to have christmas. I am soooooo happy and I can't wait.......but unfortunatly I have to wait until Aug 4 to actually get the hood and my car.
between 12 and 1 tomorrow....hot diggity
Just Got here!!
Gorgeous hood guys. I cant wait to install it.
I guess i am 95% satisfied though only because light passesthrough it and there are a few decently noticeable air bubles int he gel coat. But all thats the nature of the material i guess.
I will def. post pics when its installed
glad you like it!
air bubbles and fabric skewing is just the nature of this beast. we do our best to eliminate it but it you can't change the nature of carbon or the process.

the light passing through it won't affect the look at all b/c once it gets installed, it all goes away.

enjoy!
Well now thats its been sittin in my shop a few days and i get to stare at it all day i decided i am completely satisfied. Great work guys!
Well now thats its been sittin in my shop a few days and i get to stare at it all day i decided i am completely satisfied. Great work guys!

Glad you like, do post pics. Everyone else the group buy is still closing the end of the month
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/24/04 12:43 AM
mine gets here tuesday

this anticipation is killing me!

Glad you like, do post pics. Everyone else the group buy is still closing the end of the month

Will you be still selling any after the end of the month? I will have money in September....
Most likely they will be available. But I can't be certain of price. Just contact me
Most likely they will be available. But I can't be certain of price. Just contact me

Any more sails in the near future?
Originally posted by skrilla187:

Any more sails in the near future?

Possibley. I have recently been getting emails so I may try again in about a month.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/26/04 10:37 PM
my OEM is going to be here tomorrow !!!!!

its like waiting for santy clause, but i live in hawaii and christmas doesnt even feel like christmas out here so that means that livinsvt and customCF are my new holiday heroes

ok i'll shut up until it gets here
Originally posted by svt4b:
my OEM is going to be here tomorrow !!!!!

its like waiting for santy clause, but i live in hawaii and christmas doesnt even feel like christmas out here so that means that livinsvt and customCF are my new holiday heroes

ok i'll shut up until it gets here

HOHOHO
Posted By: svt4b Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 07/28/04 11:32 PM
merry fu(kin christmas!

my hood is here! it looks pretty dayum good. i got a little scared when i saw light through it but then i realised it was ok. that [censored] is super light too! and that box that it came in was HUGE!

i will get pics up soon but for now...it looks good in my living room
well, i just found out that my pops ordered it on the 27. cant wait till it comes in. thanks livinsvt for makin this happen.
Originally posted by MarshlMathrs:
well, i just found out that my pops ordered it on the 27. cant wait till it comes in. thanks livinsvt for makin this happen.

Sure thing man. I know you will enjoy it when you get back. Return safe
this is for customCFshop , i informed livinsvt about my pops ordering the hood on the 27JUL and was just curious if you guys received confirmation of that? i sure cant wait to see a pic of my tour with that hood on it. well, thanks for your help and as well to you, thanks for makin this possible.
livinsvt, is there any way that you can check if they have recieved confirmation on the order, just curious? thanks for the help
Originally posted by MarshlMathrs:
this is for customCFshop , i informed livinsvt about my pops ordering the hood on the 27JUL and was just curious if you guys received confirmation of that? i sure cant wait to see a pic of my tour with that hood on it. well, thanks for your help and as well to you, thanks for makin this possible.

yup, order confirmed. we'll notify you when it's ready to ship!
thanks.
hey customCFshop. thanks again. i preciate the help. my pops was just curious he ordered right. i cant wait to recieve it.
Posted By: ibjamn Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 08/04/04 01:37 AM
When does this group buy end?
Well i have the hood on now and it looks amazing!! Livinsvt, it fits awesome. I didnt have it acually bolted down so it wasn't a fare judgment on its fitment. The other issue we discussed is obviously still there but not noticeable.
Thanks guys for puttin the time and effort into this. Pics will be up sunday night when the rest of the car is back together.
-Mike
Originally posted by ibjamn:
When does this group buy end?

Technicaly its over but I think I am going to extend it for a few weeks. I have been real busy as of late and not paying much attention to this,sorry.

Well i have the hood on now and it looks amazing!! Livinsvt, it fits awesome. I didnt have it acually bolted down so it wasn't a fare judgment on its fitment. The other issue we discussed is obviously still there but not noticeable.
Thanks guys for puttin the time and effort into this. Pics will be up sunday night when the rest of the car is back together.
-Mike

Great! Enjoy your hood, can't wait to see pics
i was just curous. how long does it usually take to get the hood made?
2 days to get a hood complete, start to finish.
Ok group buy ends Sunday everyone. If you would like to purchase afterward the same details apply, but the cost will go up. Thanks all for particpating.

Brett
customCFshop.....well i ordered my hood two weeks ago and am curious cuz i havent heard any word on it yet. so if you know anything, could you please post some info (David Hershberger / placed the order on July 27). id appreciate it. thanks for your time.
You have a pm
Hey guys,

We were experiencing some issues with the latches on the the Contour hoods so we had a local member come by and we test fit the master plug used to create the mold as well as 3 hoods (1 OEM, 2 Cowl).

FYI, the test fit car has never been in any accidents and never had body work done.

The latches on two of them were about a ½? too far forward and we saw that it would take some adjustmnet to the grille mount to fit, so we??re going to fix that on the bottom mold. As for the rest of the hood lining up, one hood sat slightly to the left, but Dion showed us how much play there is in the latch locking mechanism both side to side and up and down, so there??s enough room to compensate for any minor adjustments. Other than that, the hoods lined up pretty close the factory lines.

Please understand that every car is a little different when it rolls off the factory line so having to make minor adjustments described above is acceptable.

The latch problem has been addressed now so there should be no more fitment issues.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this.
thanks!
Jacob
Posted By: Unlead Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 08/12/04 01:55 PM
sounds good to me , im in if its not too late
Originally posted by Unlead:
sounds good to me , im in if its not too late

Its not. You have until Sunday, than price goes up.
Posted By: Unlead Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB....56K Beware - 08/12/04 04:08 PM
How much will it go up ?
Im waiting on mine, i cant wait.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Carbon Fiber Cowl Hood GB Closed - 08/16/04 09:16 PM
This GB is now closed. If you want a hood contact me or the carbon shop. Price will be higher, how much I don't know yet. Thanks all who particpated!
same here, its going to make such a big difference with the looks.
© CEG Archives