Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well everyone I thought I would try this again. We have updated our hood and lowered the price all in one. These are handlaid carbon fiber hoods with fiberglass gel coated frame. The weight is estimated around 10-15lbs. The come ready to mount on your vehicle using factory locations. Fitment is great. They also come clear coated using automotive style clear coat, so no special "carbon fiber wax " is need, just regular car wax.Also have cutouts for washer nozzels(see pic below). They are ready to order, there is no waitng for 5 people to get started. Once a order has been placed, it takes on day to lay up a hood, than it will be shipped the next. If there is people ahead of you, than your next in line and your hood will be made as soon as possible. On with the details. "No these are not the same as Importfans".

Pricing-$300
Shipping- email with a quote
Approx. $140-150, using Conway air freight

These do not include hood pins, but they are recommned for safety reasons.

Cowl Hood.....Coming VERY soon. To be released as Spring Zing..PLease keep these thread clean of questions about this hood. All will be answered soon. Thank you

PICTURES

PAYMENTS AND SHIPPING QUOTES
Send shipping quotes and payments(via paypal) to this address.
jkim@carbon-werks Titled- "Ford Contour Oem Hood"

Taking and shipping orders now.
I want one but i need the hood to fit my mystique. Can you get a oem for this car i will be in if you can
The fitment of this hood is awesome. It fits almost like a stock hood. In comparison to my current CF hood (which is a couple of years old now), this one has to have the best fit that I've seen yet. To see this hood on my car and the cars at carshows that have hoods from VIS and other companies, this is a really great hood!
Really good stuff. Proly I am gonna get one in late May...
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Really good stuff. Proly I am gonna get one in late May...

Indeed. I want one, but will have to be sometime down the road. If this an indefinate availability?
Originally posted by Ricksvt:
I want one but i need the hood to fit my mystique. Can you get a oem for this car i will be in if you can

I wasn't aware that Mystiques have different hoods. Well if they do we won't be making a Mystique specific one. I don't see the the market being there. Dion thanks for the kind words. When are you going to get one for yourself . So far these hoods will be available for a while. I haven't made a date yet when I will close this, but it won't be soon.
No chance in getting that shipping down at all?
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
No chance in getting that shipping down at all?

Maybe through Greyhound? They shipped the other hoods through them for around $50.
that fitment looks fantastic. if these will be available for a while, i may get one. i'd be interested in painting part of the hood body color. would i get the non clearcoated version, have the body shop paint it then completely clearcoat? anyone know of extremely discreet hood pins? flush mount would be fantastic.
Sorry they will only come clear coated. As far as shipping goes, we had a much cheaper option, but things were routinly getting damaged. So this is the best route. We have had zero problems with them. If your close to Cali, it would be worth the drive.
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Sorry they will only come clear coated. As far as shipping goes, we had a much cheaper option, but things were routinly getting damaged. So this is the best route. We have had zero problems with them. If your close to Cali, it would be worth the drive.

I thought u were in Michigan?

Dion thanks for the kind words. When are you going to get one for yourself .

Yeah, so you can sell me your old one ...
whatever happened to the hood with the cowl in it?
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

I thought u were in Michigan?

The shop is in Cali.

To those intrested in the cowl hood and are waiting to see how it looks before you make a decision, if it is at all based on price. The cowl hood is much more expensive. Just a FYI. Thanks
is putting a color weave still an option on these cf hoods???
Yes we can still do color weave but price has gone up.

COLOR WEAVE- $150 extra- Thats all your standard colors.
New Contact info

To anyone who emailed carbonwerks. There website has crashed. Paypal still works though. To those with basic questions ask me. To those wanting shipping quotes call this number- 562-407-1147 ask for Jhon or Jacob. Please notify me when payment has been sent. Thank you
i really want a cf hood but id kill myself with a stock looking hood as its gotta be red to go with the paint scheme, so believe me when i say i really want one of these cowl hoods...

sponsor a honkie?
where in cali is this place located? i'd definately get one of i didn't have to pay so much shipping!
Originally posted by chikmagnet340:
where in cali is this place located? i'd definately get one of i didn't have to pay so much shipping!

Its in Norwalk. Pm for the address. Thanks
Hi guys,
this is Jacob from Carbon Werks and i'll be your sales rep for this GB so let me know if i can answer any questions for you guys.
feel free to post your questions here or email me at customCFshop@comcast.net.

thanks!
jacob
Originally posted by customCFshop:
Hi guys,
this is Jacob from Carbon Werks and i'll be your sales rep for this GB so let me know if i can answer any questions for you guys.

thanks!
jacob

Question 1: I live in Nor-Cal (Bay Area) How much for shipping up here, Shipping cheaper for two if I get another Nor-Cal buyer as well. Shipping would be to a business address.

Its 361 miles of driving each way.
Hi guys,

thanks!
jacob

yeah what would shipping be to me here in georgia, zip code 30680...if it can be cheap enough i am ready to send funds friday...
i'll get you guys shipping quotes tomorrow.
san jose will be cheaper since it's in california, and if we ship two to the same business address, that'll save you a few bucks as well.

georgia will be around $120-130 to a business address.

let me assure you that we don't skim anything off the shipping rate. we use freight carriers we trust to deliver your items safely and in the same factory fresh condition as when it was packaged.
Bump
how long is this gb gonna go on for???i realllllly want one and the price is perfect i just have to get the funds together..

I am not planning on closing it anytime soon. Maybe a month? Just pm me when your ready to order, even if this is closed.
Great price and product livin. I'm glad to see the reinforcement under the hood. If I didn't have so much invested in my current project I'd be in it for the weight savings. Perhaps after I sell the left over parts I'll be lucky enough to participate.
Originally posted by Keyser:
Great price and product livin. I'm glad to see the reinforcement under the hood. If I didn't have so much invested in my current project I'd be in it for the weight savings. Perhaps after I sell the left over parts I'll be lucky enough to participate.

This hood is great. Its very light. I can lift it over my head and do reps with no problem. I could problay through it 10 feet lol! Maybe we could work something out
This is a sweet deal, I will be ready in one month to purchase.

Rance
How necessary are the hood pins? and I know you said that they will already have a clearcoat, would that be able to be painted, ad then through on another clear? want it to match the car. more sleeper-style
Originally posted by johnny hennessy:
How necessary are the hood pins?

How fast do you drive? My hood, which I'm sure doesn't fit as good as the hood in this GB (which looks very good quality by the way), shakes some at 95mph but not enough to warrant hood pins. If I went 100+ often, then maybe I would get them.
I'll most likely be PMing you in about a month once I get some moneys! I could drive to norwalk even..... mmmm carbon fiber.
one question though.. I wouldn't want my car sounding like a baby rattle, so how much are the hood pins?
The hood pins can range from $15 to $80. Do your best to find a reputable company. In the future I will be able to help a little more with this.

As far as do you realy need them. Well its peice of mind that your hood will not fly up when driving. High speed driving will put alot of stress on that latch and could fatique it. I can't say right now the durability, but you may be fine and never have a problem. Its up to you.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

If I went 100+ often, then maybe I would get them.

guess i better get some when i get mine then
Originally posted by svt4b:
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

If I went 100+ often, then maybe I would get them.

guess i better get some when i get mine then

yeah me too
Have any of you guys ordered yet? If so let me know, so I can follow up. Those that live in the area and are going to pickup there hoods, you need to place an order first. These are made on order basis and there is non in stock. But remember they only take a day to lay up.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much my CF hood shakes until I rode shotgun in my own car once. I'm kind of short, so I guess the guage panel blocks my view of the hood somewhat. OMFG! I thought I hadn't latched the hood- it was like satan himself was trying to get out of my engine bay! Hood pins are def. in my near future. FWIW, Sparco make high quality ones for $30.
Originally posted by vudusvt:
Yeah, I didn't realize how much my CF hood shakes until I rode shotgun in my own car once. I'm kind of short, so I guess the guage panel blocks my view of the hood somewhat. OMFG! I thought I hadn't latched the hood- it was like satan himself was trying to get out of my engine bay! Hood pins are def. in my near future. FWIW, Sparco make high quality ones for $30.

or OMP or Momo, i wouldnt use anything else.
How necessary are the hood pins? and I know you said that they will already have a clearcoat, would that be able to be painted, ad then through on another clear? want it to match the car. more sleeper-style

I missed the second part of this question, yes you can paint it. All you would have to do is scuff the clear and respray.
so what is the total cost of the hood going to be????? with shipping and handling and all??
thanks livinsvt for addressing these questions.

alright guys.. im set!! thanx for everything!!! let me know when u think they will get shipped.. hopefully soon so i dont have to roll with a differnt color hood
Originally posted by phattysvt:
alright guys.. im set!! thanx for everything!!! let me know when u think they will get shipped.. hopefully soon so i dont have to roll with a differnt color hood

Glad we could help. Be sure to post pics.
I was just thinking about needing hoodpins and how it would detract from the overall appearance, but how they would also be needed for high speed driving. So why exactly would hoodpins be necessary for an OEM spec hood? Seems strange that the light weight would make it rattle that much if it fits perfectly.
..and just to ramble on:
I want a CF hood with air vents!!
Originally posted by funkmastermike:
I was just thinking about needing hoodpins and how it would detract from the overall appearance, but how they would also be needed for high speed driving. So why exactly would hoodpins be necessary for an OEM spec hood? Seems strange that the light weight would make it rattle that much if it fits perfectly.
..and just to ramble on:
I want a CF hood with air vents!!

Well the fact that it is lightweight is why it can have a tendency to rattle at high speeds w/ no pins. The fit has nothing to do with that. A factory hood weighs considerably more, thus not allowing air to have its way with it.
according to our head designer, it would take a "catastrophic blow" to the hood for the latch to come undone from the hood... even then, just as a safety measure, we strongly recommend hood pins.
Just wanted to say I recieved my hood, and I am really impressed....
The quality of this thing is top notch....finish is beautiful...well worth the money.
I haven't put it on my car yet....lack of time...but I have no concerns, if it fits half as good as it looks.
I also want to thank "livinsvt" he's a good honest guy you can trust...easy to deal with, I never once was concerned about my money.
Thanks again.....when do we get the trunk...."less weigh is great"!!
mikey
Good to hear Mikey. I new you would like it. Now take some time off and put that thing on, than take lots o pics
Live a little...LOL!
livinsvt,

PM'ed you about getting one of these hoods, but haven't gotten a response. Please PM me as I have some questions about shipping, etc.

Thanks
Yea.. getting a $400.00 bonus at work.. ohh I can't wait to blow my money lol.
Originally posted by Allyn48:
livinsvt,

PM'ed you about getting one of these hoods, but haven't gotten a response. Please PM me as I have some questions about shipping, etc.

Thanks

Pm sent
about how long does itt ake to get to ohio?? any ideas, i ordered mine about 3-4 days ago i think.. just wondering.. cant wait
Ordering mine soon, just need money for shipping, Hey, if i didn't mind scratches could you send it a different way, that shipping price is extremely steep for a hood. I ship big package all the time, and wow, max was $120 for a bed!!! that weight and was huge!
Originally posted by phattysvt:
about how long does itt ake to get to ohio?? any ideas, i ordered mine about 3-4 days ago i think.. just wondering.. cant wait

Its guraneteed seven day delivery. I will check on your order tomorrow.

Shipping price for the hood is average, except everyone else uses ground, we use air freight. No problems what so ever. This is the only route we will use, unless you pickup
I'm still waiting on a shipping quote....??
hi guys,
i emailed several of you with your shipping quotes.
let me know if i missed anyone.
and just as an FYI, shipping to a business address is usually about $25 cheaper.

thanks!
jacob

Its guraneteed seven day delivery. I will check on your order tomorrow.

um.. so what if it dopesnt arrive in seven days?? some money back ??
it's kinda like USPS... best effort, but no guarantees! the freight company doesn't give us money back, so we can't offer money back either.
haha.. i know.. just givin a hard time... im hoping it comes today.. my car goes to the shop tomorrow.. and they were going to mount it for me while it was there
hmm... no hood yet
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Another pic - 05/24/04 04:02 AM
Here is a pic of my buddys Stu's car with our Oem hood. Looking good

Posted By: svtkid04 Re: Another pic - 05/24/04 04:16 AM
what kind of body kit is that and what does the back look like? the hood looks great
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Another pic - 05/24/04 04:21 AM
Originally posted by svtkid04:
what kind of body kit is that and what does the back look like? the hood looks great

Its the Andys Autosport kit, check out the Spring Zing pictures for more pics.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 05:44 AM
Bump
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 06:09 AM
wow those hoods look great livin i really like the fitment on the silver tour. they look exceptional and i love your price range. as soon as the vented hood come alive i should be on that gb as well. i am so excited that we are bringing a better price to the contour world. good luck man and im glad your taking the initiative to help us all. keep it up.
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 05:14 PM
Will a hood be available for pickup at the So Cal location the dates June 10th-13th?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 06:05 PM
Its possible, you will have to arrange that ahead of time though. Email Jacob, his address is on page three. Thank you
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 06:33 PM
I love the last line in your signature! ! !
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 05/26/04 08:23 PM
Will a hood be available for pickup at the So Cal location the dates June 10th-13th?

hi chris,
got your email.
i'll check on our schedule and get back to you.
thanks.
jacob
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/02/04 10:43 PM
hi guys.
just wanted to give you an update.
the mold got damaged while pulling a hood and it's currently being repaired. it will take about a week before we can start pulling new hoods from it. let me know if you guys have any questions.
thanks,
jacob
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/02/04 11:54 PM

hi chris,
got your email.
i'll check on our schedule and get back to you.
thanks.
jacob

Jacob,

time frame changed. Looking at being in So-Cal 17th-19th of June.
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/03/04 09:34 PM
that might work out.
let me see what our calendar looks like next week and confirm that with you.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/03/04 10:22 PM
*cough*cowlhood*cough*
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/04/04 07:28 PM
*cough*
it's coming, it's coming!
*cough*
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 08:20 PM
first off, i'd like to thank everyone for their patience!

with out further ado, i present to you, the induction hood!

here's a shot of the opening in the back:

Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 08:35 PM
Sweet. Need a test fit?
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 09:20 PM
Very sweet. I have the money sitting in savings right now. So when can we buy them!!!!!!!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 09:44 PM
Muther focker i should of freaking waited, Damm you guys . That looks Awesome guys nice job on it.
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 09:45 PM
Very interested.
Price and availability?
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 09:51 PM
thank you for your positive feedback!

GB price is $425.
Each hood will be made to order, so about 5-7 business days after the payment is made (unless we get multiple payments on the same day).

payments can be sent to wingspancomp@verizon.net.

please email kerri (kerri-cf1@verizon.net) for a shipping quote before sending your payments.

thanks!
jacob
Posted By: Buckshot77_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 10:01 PM
I can't tell from the pics, are the vents actually functional or is the hood more of a for show piece? I really like the hood, but for me to justify buying one it has to be functional.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: svt4b Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 10:46 PM
well it functioned well in getting me to sh*T my pants! thats nice fellas...very nice. im kinda glad now that i had to get some furniture about a month ago when i almost impulse bought the oem. its my birthday in 2 weeks...hmmm

very nice hoods guys...great work on both
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 10:55 PM
Jacob,

Check you Email. I could come up this weekend.

Eric
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:16 PM
I'm INTERESTED!
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
....I really like the hood, but for me to justify buying one it has to be functional....

Rick, from what livinsvt and Jacob have told me, the vents are indeed functional.
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:23 PM
the 3rd picture shows the opening in the back which allows the engine bay to breathe a little easier. that's the functional part.
the top cowl is not functional but you could very easily cut into it and open it up if you like.

we don't want to hijack this thread so we'll start up a new thread just for the cowl hood.
Posted By: outkast Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:30 PM
you make an old man cry
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:30 PM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Muther focker i should of freaking waited, Damm you guys . That looks Awesome guys nice job on it.

I am thinkin the same thing!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Cowl hood pics! - 06/10/04 11:40 PM
See I told you guys to trust me, the little changes were worth it
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/10/04 11:44 PM

Damit next time im waiting, Unless i can get rid of mine .
Posted By: outkast Re: Another pic - 06/10/04 11:53 PM
Originally posted by outkast:
you make an old man cry

I wish I could get a pre98 like that
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Another pic - 06/11/04 03:51 AM
Ok someone PLEASE post pics of that thing on an SVT and if I don't die from excitement, I"ll buy one. That thing looks awesome

Also is there any chance of getting that made out something else besides Carbon Fibre? I will be painting it T-Red to match the SVT, and if I can save on regular materials then that would be badass. Thanks
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 03:53 AM

You and yours have totally outdone yourselves!! That hood it way beyond my expectations!! The next thing you have to do is post pix of it fitted on a car. Not that I would, but if we wanted to put w/w squirters on, could you drill the holes? AND, what does it look like underneath (is it reinforced like the OEM hood?). In the meantime, I've emailed kerri for a shipment quote. God, that hood is beautiful!!
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 03:59 AM
Yes I'd also like to know if you could drill the wholes for the fluid squirters. I"m excited about this
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 04:09 AM
Relocate the squirters....that thing is to hot to cut up...
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 04:51 AM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Ya what he said, squiters are for wussys . We will get pics of it on a Tour A.S.A.P.
Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 05:10 AM

Ya what he said, squiters are for wussys . We will get pics of it on a Tour A.S.A.P.

No I"m pretty sure I need my squiters. Also, can this be made in anything else besdies CF?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 05:13 AM
Problay not. But I will leave that up to Jacob to answer. Fiberglass can be a pain to work with to make it look good. Also the frame is the same as on the OEM hood. She's good and sturdy
Posted By: parkedcar Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 06:46 AM
That thing is gorgeous. Especially now that i am in need of a new hood. My only complaint is the non functioning scoop. Wont that just hold water if it rains? And is it possible to make a cowled hood with out that scoop.
Awesome work though!
Posted By: Stryker Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 07:02 AM
i cant see it...
Posted By: Contour98SVT Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 08:50 AM
This question probably has been asked but are we able to pay with credit card?

Mat
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 12:46 PM
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:

No I"m pretty sure I need my squiters. Also, can this be made in anything else besdies CF?

I must agree, these hoods are too hot to cut up but I live in Ohio--lots of snow and crap in the winter. Although, if I change the hood for winter driving like I do the wheels, hmmm. Now, if I do change it for the wintertime, is it going to cause problems with the integrity of the hood over time? And BTW, how do these hoods fasten on--do they have threaded holes like the OEM or what?
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 12:57 PM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
That thing is gorgeous. Especially now that i am in need of a new hood. My only complaint is the non functioning scoop. Wont that just hold water if it rains? And is it possible to make a cowled hood with out that scoop.
Awesome work though!

And opening it up for air flow would just let water in when it rains??? Still, that hood is beautiful
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 01:09 PM
Holy [censored]!! I want a post 98!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 02:35 PM
The hood requires no modifications to mount up. Bolts to stock locations. You can use C.C. through paypal, but you may also be able to do it by phone. You will have to email them.
Posted By: thejms Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 03:32 PM
I am waiting to see pics on a car then I will order
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 03:57 PM
Originally posted by thejms:

Posted By: Airforce Re: Another pic - 06/11/04 04:57 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

see you shouldn't always do what kevin does huih??
Posted By: SVT24 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 04:57 PM

Me too.

livinsvt, I will be ordering an OEM or cowl for sure, just wanna see pics on the car first. I am still waiting on them to give me a shipping quote on the cowl hood.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 05:47 PM

Yo tambien!...need to see it on an actual car....preferably a black car.... preferably my car....
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 07:38 PM
sigh
Posted By: Contour98SVT Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/11/04 11:12 PM
How high is the lift of the cowl. The hood is sweet, good work

Mat
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Contour98SVT:
How high is the lift of the cowl. The hood is sweet, good work

Mat

Approx 2"
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/12/04 01:06 AM
Originally posted by outkast:

I wish I could get a pre98 like that

Ain't that the truth.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 01:28 AM

I am still waiting on them to give me a shipping quote on the cowl hood.

I'm in Ohio, 30 miles west of Cleveland. They told me $130 to a business address.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 03:50 AM
Come on dude, you're a picture (or 2 or 3--front, side, and with hood open) away from an order.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 05:00 AM
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Come on dude, you're a picture (or 2 or 3--front, side, and with hood open) away from an order.

Relax bro, the hood is in Cali and I am in Michigan, its on its way.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 02:32 PM
Scott, I am ready to order!

Damn that looks TOIGHT!
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/12/04 03:05 PM
Waiting on a shipping quote

Scott
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: Another pic - 06/13/04 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Airforce:
Originally posted by LoCoZ:

see you shouldn't always do what kevin does huih??

Ahhhhhhh Hellll noooooooo!!!!!!
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/14/04 09:57 PM
wow, this thread picked up speed REAL quick!

thanks livinsvt for addressing many of the questions.

1. for CC payment, please use PayPal for the time being as we're still in the setup process from the bank.
2. for washer spray nozzles, none of our hoods come predrilled so we can cater to both audiences, but if you really want to install the nozzles, it's fairly easy to do w/ a dremel and some masking tape.
3. for shipping quotes, please email my associate Kerri and she'll take care of that for you. Kerri-cf1@verizon.net
4. for installation, this hood is a straight bolt-on and requires no modifications.
5. at this time, we don't offer a cowl version w/out the scoop.
6. a fiberglass version is not available, but you can paint the carbon fiber version if you choose to.

thanks for all the positive comments! let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted By: Speed Demon_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/14/04 10:23 PM
comments: i was really looking forward to this since people started doing the mustang scoop like mine i was looking to switch it up again, the scoop puts me beside myself though as just... tacked on, it literally looks stuck on there, IMHO some sn95 style cobra vents on the side would have been killer, i love the shape of it but that scoop... thing is just killin me.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/14/04 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
comments: i was really looking forward to this since people started doing the mustang scoop like mine i was looking to switch it up again, the scoop puts me beside myself though as just... tacked on, it literally looks stuck on there, IMHO some sn95 style cobra vents on the side would have been killer, i love the shape of it but that scoop... thing is just killin me.

The more I look at it, the more I am tending to agree with Speed Demon. I sincerely hope it looks better on the car. As always, waiting for pix.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 02:40 PM

I am still waiting on them to give me a shipping quote on the cowl hood.

I'm in Ohio, 30 miles west of Cleveland. They told me $130 to a business address.

I looked at another CF hood site and the cost was $100 to a business and $130 to a residence. Course this one been going on for about a year and a half and still no hoods. Even tho, any chance on reducing the shipping a little bit?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 03:27 PM
Shipping is what it is. We tried other companies and items were getting damaged on a regular basis. Whats $20 anyways. Most companies charge about the same for shipping of there hoods. Besides this group buy has only been going on for about a week unofficaly , you must be confused with the other group buy.

So whats the deal with people not liking the vent. It can be made functional. Or do you just not like the looks. Either way its not changin now . We should have pics of it on a car, maybe by the end of the week. Than we will open a new thread and "officaly" start the buy.
Thanks for all the positive remarks.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 03:31 PM
Looks way better than the other one IMO. It's toight!
Posted By: outkast Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 04:19 PM
90% of us love that cf hood!I just hope you sell a
ton hoods and than look out for us pre 98 guys.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 05:44 PM
i think it looks damn good! cant wait to see it on a car and then gettin one.
is there any hole at all under there or is it on us to cut it? either way thats cool.
Originally posted by Ricksvt:

I wasn't aware that Mystiques have different hoods. Well if they do we won't be making a Mystique specific one. I don't see the the market being there. Dion thanks for the kind words. When are you going to get one for yourself . So far these hoods will be available for a while. I haven't made a date yet when I will close this, but it won't be soon.

i sad now
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 09:42 PM
Originally posted by svt4b:
i think it looks damn good! cant wait to see it on a car and then gettin one.
is there any hole at all under there or is it on us to cut it? either way thats cool.

As far as the scoop? That can be cut out if you like. Underneath, will be opposite of whats on top, about a 2" rise. Hope that answers your questions
Posted By: svt4b Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 10:41 PM
HUH?! in the picture it looks as if there is another layer under the cowl. i was under the impression that we could have it cut out to feed air out and complete the functionality of the hood. ive already gotten my shipping quote, im just making sure wether or not i need to take the grinder to this beauty when i get it
and like everybody, pics on a car would be the deciding factor
thanks
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/15/04 11:30 PM
If you look at the very first picture posted on this OEM version GB, you'll see that the bottom layer that you'r talking about is just the back part of the under frame. The under frame is the same on both versions, but b/c of the cowl, the top layer is higher on the induction version which makes it look like there's another layer under there.
If you guys choose to cut the induction scoop open, you'll have hot air coming out thru both the scoop and the back of the hood. But you actually don't need to cut it open b/c you'll get plenty of ventilation from the slit in the back.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 05:07 AM
Shipping is what it is. We tried other companies and items were getting damaged on a regular basis. Whats $20 anyways. Most companies charge about the same for shipping of there hoods. Besides this group buy has only been going on for about a week unofficaly , you must be confused with the other group buy.

The other GB that's been going on for about a year and a half is by NorCalCoug. I wasn't confused, I was just hoping to save alittle green. You have those guys blown away. They still don't have their hoods and you're just about ready to go on your second design.

PS> I just had to go a take another look.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 05:16 AM
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Awesome work though!

And opening it up for air flow would just let water in when it rains???

Don't mean to post again, but if it's opened up, will it let water in if it rains?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 06:03 AM

Don't mean to post again, but if it's opened up, will it let water in if it rains?

Well since it hasn't officialy been tested, I can't say as to how much, but I have to beleive if water gets in there it will find its way into the bay, so just do 80mph every were and never stop and you will never have anything to worry about...LOL
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 06:26 AM

Well since it hasn't officialy been tested, I can't say as to how much, but I have to beleive if water gets in there it will find its way into the bay, so just do 80mph every were and never stop and you will never have anything to worry about...LOL

Good answer, good answer!!!! (clapping and yelling in the background) Hmmmm.
Posted By: Contour98SVT Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 08:26 AM
Question for the CF Guy, How well does CF stand up to UV rays?

Mat
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 03:41 PM

Mat

Its not so much the carbon as the clear coat will protect it, just like clear coat protects automotive paint.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/16/04 04:33 PM
It's most likely clear coated in UV protected polyurethane.
Posted By: carbonfiberone Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 05:17 PM

Mat

the marine grade resin we use on all of our products has UV protectant in it. allow me to quote the production manager in saying "marine grade resin is the cadillac of resins!"
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 06:43 PM
It will be week tomorrow since I asked for a quote? Any answers...sent another e-mail today.

Scott
Posted By: thejms Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 08:13 PM
I live in Vegas, how hard would it be for me to just come and pick it up so I dont have to pay for S&H? Where exactly is your shop btw. Sorry if I missed the answer to these questions in this HUGE thread.
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 10:29 PM
Livinsvt:::::::If I ordered a cowl hood today, how long would it be before I got it? I know I'm gettin anxious before I see it on a car but I just found out about the Downriver Cruise in Southgate, Michigan on the 26th of June. Could you get one to me in time for it? That would be too cool If there just isn't enough time, that's fine too. I wouldn't want a rush job--it would have to be done right.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 10:46 PM
Livinsvt:::::::If I ordered a cowl hood today, how long would it be before I got it? I know I'm gettin anxious before I see it on a car but I just found out about the Downriver Cruise in Southgate, Michigan on the 26th of June. Could you get one to me in time for it? That would be too cool If there just isn't enough time, that's fine too. I wouldn't want a rush job--it would have to be done right.

It would be cutting it close, but probaly doable if you act fast. I won't have pics up until next weekend anyway.
Email Jacob if your serious and he can let you know for sure. Thanks and sorry for the delay in pics everyone.
Posted By: svt4b Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/17/04 11:57 PM
could anybody photchop that thing onto a tour?? i want one so bad and i have a shipping quote but i still gotta see it on the car...
Posted By: Contour98SVT Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/18/04 08:29 AM

Mat

the marine grade resin we use on all of our products has UV protectant in it. allow me to quote the production manager in saying "marine grade resin is the cadillac of resins!"

Thanks for the reply, thats what i was looking for.

Mat
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/18/04 04:29 PM

It would be cutting it close, but probaly doable if you act fast. I won't have pics up until next weekend anyway.
Email Jacob if your serious and he can let you know for sure. Thanks and sorry for the delay in pics everyone.

I emailed yesterday to the corrected email you gave me, no answer yet.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/19/04 05:58 AM
Sorry man, They have had a few people out sick this week, so emails are stacking up. Give it a few more days at the most,if you don't hear anything let me know. Thanks for your patience!
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/19/04 03:51 PM
I got an answer. Jacob said I wouldn't get it in time for the cruise, so I'll just wait for a picture or two, even tho I can't see myself not getting one.
Posted By: PlatoSVT Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/22/04 03:21 PM
any update on the installed hood/shipping yet?
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/22/04 03:32 PM
Sorry for the delay, I will be installing the hood tonight. So expect pics up late tonight early tomorrow, unless it rains then maybe tomorrow night. Thanks
Posted By: svt4b Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/22/04 06:13 PM
man im [censored]*ing myself with anticipation
my birthday is in 4 days and i havent choosen my gift yet
Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/22/04 07:37 PM
Sorry for the delay, I will be installing the hood tonight. So expect pics up late tonight early tomorrow, unless it rains then maybe tomorrow night. Thanks

I'm holding you to this!!
Posted By: Ryno368 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/27/04 07:00 PM
how long will this gb last
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Cowl hood pics! - 06/27/04 08:02 PM
This group buy I will hold open for another two weeks.
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Oem Hood new payment info - 06/28/04 02:15 AM
Please make paypal payments to wingspancomp@verizon.net
Thank you. Two weeks left starting Monday. Than price could go up!
Posted By: svt4b Re: Oem Hood new payment info - 07/02/04 09:44 PM
i sent my paypal to the customcf@comcast address since thats what kerri told me to do. but the money has been sent!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 One week left - 07/05/04 04:12 PM
This group buy will be closing on Sunday. Thanks all who purchased. Contact me or Jacob if you wish to purchase in the future. Thanks again!
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Two days left - 07/09/04 10:57 PM
This group buy will be closing on Sunday night. Thank you
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 GB CLOSED..Thank you - 07/12/04 04:03 PM
This group buy is officialy closed. Thanks to all who participated.
© CEG Archives