Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
heres an interest check for carbon fiber intakes both short ram and cold air intake. also i have a interest check on who would like a cai kit that goes through the fender or not. fender would have less bends. i ask this because i would rather not cut a 3 inch hole in my fender if i didnt have to. also would be able to get carbon fiber turbo hard pipes. when replying please give me a price you would pay. keep it short and simple. thanks
I would be interested in a CAI. Through the fender preferably. 100-150 is my range.
Definetly interested...$100 range.
I would also be interested, right around $100, thru the fender would be cool...
Originally posted by captainandy15:
I would also be interested, right around $100, thru the fender would be cool...

mmmmm, cf intake.....i'm in if the price is right bob. match my shiny hood....
Interested.
Interested in fender.. but depends on price.

Thanks!
sweet i will invest in this area definately i wanted at least three interested and im gettin more than that already. first three intakes will be through the fender and be in sections using couples to connect. then the ones after that will be solid on piece design. i think it will be more expensive but will look and probably perform better. ill update asap.
What determines who gets one of the first three? I'd like one through the fender...
I'd be in for $100!
I'm beyond interested. I'm in.
~darp~
i guess i could put them on ebay. before hand let you people know and then post the auction. will give a set time of auction that way itll be first person served type deal.
talked to the company that will make them for me. he will be able to make the solid ones for sure after i get him the specs for it. the first ones should get me enought to order 5 more if i can get them to you guys for a good price. i think 175 would have to be the price range for the first few. it might be more or less. remember i am fronting the money. after i get them to him maybe i can work a group buy for the solid ones. im not sure yet. thanks guys. ill try to work it so everyone gets em. is this reasonable or not. like i said i wont be able to weasle the price down with him. at this price i still can see a better deal right now for a carbon fiber cold air intake.
So did this die or what? I'm really looking forward to getting a shiney new Carbon Fiber Short Ram Intake for my sexy contour.

Assuming this hasn't died I got a few questions. Is this only for the V6? Is the price for the CAI the same price as the Short Ram? If it is why? If it isn't how much is the short ram?

~darp~
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: update short rams and cai - 05/23/04 12:10 AM
ok heres an update. i have recieved un finished pictures of the bends separate from the straight pieces. yeah this sound fishy but im going to set it up with the angles on my car and send it back for a solid piece cold air intake. as for the short rams no they wont be the same price. they will me much much cheaper. remember im putting alot of money into this so far ive sent 300 bux of my own money so when i feel comfortable with what i see ill post pics and take deposits. price? can tell yet but deff 200 or under. short rams should be right around 85 bux or less. remember these are high ball prices and i havent seen the finished product.

questions for you guys.
do you want holes in the pipes for the pcv lines and the ait sensor or no. only reason i ask is some poeple have breathers and some have relocated their ait sensors.
Posted By: thejms Re: update short rams and cai - 05/23/04 12:33 AM
Originally posted by dallasb84:

questions for you guys.
do you want holes in the pipes for the pcv lines and the ait sensor or no. only reason i ask is some poeple have breathers and some have relocated their ait sensors.

Yes
yay its back alive I'm still interested...
Quote:

questions for you guys.
do you want holes in the pipes for the pcv lines and the ait sensor or no. only reason i ask is some poeple have breathers and some have relocated their ait sensors

I say no...but whatever you do I'll work my stuff around this beauty
~darp~
Not to be rude or anything, however someone has already put the R&D into a CF CAI. The GMK is an excellent intake. I'll be posting picks of my CF GMK once I install it next week

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=88810&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=1

Pics^^^^
Originally posted by SVTCuervo:
Not to be rude or anything, however someone has already put the R&D into a CF CAI. The GMK is an excellent intake. I'll be posting picks of my CF GMK once I install it next week

http://www.fastcougar.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=15&threadid=88810&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=1

Pics^^^^

Now thats sexy...Thats the niced CAI I've ever seen(partial to carbon fiber)

Thanks to this post I've lost billions of little kids...

But I have to admit I'm not a fan of CAI's. I like the looks of the Air Filter under the hood. Especially with the Contour Underhood set up, I just love the way a Short Ram would look. I say if people wanna order that let em' I'm in this for the Short ram.

~darp~
yeah i saw those intakes they are very nice. but i am not partial to the way they made them. the shape is exquisite, but if they used a carbon fiber sleeve rather than making them with sheet you wouldnt see the begining and end of the fabric. the intakes im getting will be made from 3k fiber twill weave sleeve and there will be no edge visible. even though this has nothing to do with strenght the sleeve is also more durable since stress will be carried evenly through the part. i think the gmk intakes look great and so will the ones i can get. ill also be able to get the short rams too. think of it like this. you have a mandrel and instead of wrapping a sheet around it and wet laying. the sleeve is pulled over the mandrel keeping a consistant fabric thickness. sleeve is also more expensive for the reason its manufactured for a certain range of diameter. just a few pointers in the process thats involved here. as soon as i can get finished pictures ill post them and take orders. by all means if you need one right now go with the gmk they have a great reputation that i dont have yet. just remember after i get all the R&D done we take take a big order and depostits and get a cheaper price. right now its high because we have had to get a mandrel made (basically a mold) get the custom order for the sleeve and epoxy. just my two cents. i would just like a list of people that are interested in waiting this out and getting these ones. id like at least 10 units cold air and short ram combined. before i get this going. thanks guys. were looking at a price that ive invested being around 175 to 200 ish also these will have a carbon fiber maf adapter. that might be a little unique.
Quote:

these will have a carbon fiber maf adapter. that might be a little unique.

*dies*
is that a bad thing???? if i had a tig i could make the aluminum ones but i dont and the buisness that is making these deals in just carbon. i want to utilize all carbon fiber in this and i think a carbon fiber maf adapter would be awesome. i like the idea of the cold air extension matting right up to the maf sensor rather than using a metal one. just a idea i think would be cool.
is that a bad thing???? if i had a tig i could make the aluminum ones but i dont and the buisness that is making these deals in just carbon. i want to utilize all carbon fiber in this and i think a carbon fiber maf adapter would be awesome. i like the idea of the cold air extension matting right up to the maf sensor rather than using a metal one. just a idea i think would be cool.

I agree If I could get a Carbon fiber replacement for my accordian tube, MAF adapter and CAI I would do the whole thing, just my opinion though
I tried going through the fender several times.

Its not really practical. It still requires cutting alot of metal. All of which are structual supports for the fender and bumper.

Plus install requires you remove the fender, bumper, wheel and fenderliner!
is that a bad thing????

its a great thing...Its what I've been wanting for some time...
~darp~
Posted By: dallasb84 *UPDATE* - 05/25/04 10:28 AM
just sent the drafts for the maf adapter out to the manufacturer and the specs for the short ram. i have the bends for the cold air kits made and the carbon shafts made for me at present. i asked the manufacturer to rush on the short ram kit. both adapter and the shorty pipe make up the short ram kit. shorty pipe is 2.5 inside diameter and the maf adapter is 2 3/4 diameter. a normal cone filter should fit over the pipe just fine since the shafts will be almost .07 thick. fitment with a normal filter will leave almost .5 inch to the edge of the hood compartment. will look similar but not exactly like the cheap aluminum hard pipes u see on ebay. the shorty has bung holes (ha ha) for the two pcv and 3/4 in hoses so they can clamp on. there will be no hole for the ait sensor. you can dremel it out your self or drill a .5 inch hole and sand the slots for the tangs. i do this because i think some people might want flexibility for this sensor in placement. its not lazyness on my part but just gives the buyer more flexibility. when the prototype is complete i will post pics and will list deposit price and final price and take them. units will be shipped all at once from me to the buyer. who ever wants these needs to jump on this and ill give a window for those interested since i will not over order. yes they will be available anytime its just this makes them cheaper for the more units i can get on this first group buy. payments must be made by end of the stated window which will vary upon manufacturers (not mine) request. im looking for at least 10 units to go. if i can get this number of orders i garantee the final price of the item will be a great price and will make competators sit uneasy in their chairs. i cannot give one at this time but for a 100% carbon fiber intake system and 100% carbon maf adapter. if i hit 10 orders i will pick up the shipping costs as a added bonus whatever that may be.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: *UPDATE* - 05/25/04 02:25 PM
Sounds good to me...
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
I'd like one through the fender...

I'm in. I can't use one in Texas unless it gets cool air through the fender, too much heat soak. And I don't want to relocate my battery.
after i get the short rams out. i will be working on a carbon heat shield that seals the area off. but there will be cold air intakes avialable after the short rams are done.
after i get the short rams out. i will be working on a carbon heat shield that seals the area off. but there will be cold air intakes avialable after the short rams are done.

So you are having the short ram intake done first? From what I understand this will include a replacement for the accordian tube and a MAF adapter? When you produce the CAI I am assuming it will be just like the rest of the current market and attach to a MAF adapter?
right. i am making the short ram, then heat shield. i guess you could say you can upgrade the existing short ram to the cold air as the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. the cold air kit will have the short ram and the cold air extension. you can buy the cold air extension separately as well. and if you want a heat shield for the short ram i will design one and have it sent out for reproduction and then release those. so whos in on this?
right. i am making the short ram, then heat shield. i guess you could say you can upgrade the existing short ram to the cold air as the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. the cold air kit will have the short ram and the cold air extension. you can buy the cold air extension separately as well. and if you want a heat shield for the short ram i will design one and have it sent out for reproduction and then release those. so whos in on this?

Well how will prices go? If I purchase the items as they are made ie. short ram then extention will I end up paying more then if I would just wait for your CAI kit to come out?
jms,
if you want something a little different and want something custom made. like have the maf in a different place that is possible too. but for the cold air kits id like to get alot of them ordered so the price will be cheap so that there can be a better market for parts for 2.5 owners. if you require something different pm me and i can get it for you. of course payment will be upfront for it since it will be custom made. but be rest assured this will be quality and your moneys worth.
jms,
if you want something a little different and want something custom made. like have the maf in a different place that is possible too. but for the cold air kits id like to get alot of them ordered so the price will be cheap so that there can be a better market for parts for 2.5 owners. if you require something different pm me and i can get it for you. of course payment will be upfront for it since it will be custom made. but be rest assured this will be quality and your moneys worth.

Not looking for anything custom made. Just looking for something better then what I have! I was this close to purchasing the GMK intake honestly, then I saw your GB. I am in no hurry, just the thought of a CF intake sounded neat.

Anyway, like I said I eventually want a CAI. I am under the impression that your CAI kit is going to replace everything from the TB down? If you are making the short ram intake first, which is the replacement for the accordian tube and a MAF adapter. I will buy that. I am also assuming that your CAI is going to be the same as your short ram but with an extention from the MAF adapter? Please correct me if I am wrong. I also want this. I was just curious if it I will save money by waiting for the whole thing or just buy the short ram first then when the extention is done buy that?

Hope I didnt ramble to much....kinda late
of course I'm in
~darp~
i totally understand. yeah they will all be kinda the same. the cold air extension will work with the shorty pipe. the shorty is what replaces the accordian. then the carbon maf will be replaced with the cold air extension. for the cold air kit. you can buy the cold air extension separate from the cold air kit if you want to upgrade the short ram. i hope this answers your question. remeber im not doing this to make money just getting great prices in a bad market. i dont think youd lose money buying the short ram and then buying the extension since the prices will be relavent to how much it cost me to get them made.
Just wanted to say I am still interested in the CAI.
i would like to see some pics of the cold air intake. will it look like speed demons injen intake or is it like the one on the link. i would love the intake to look like speed demons injen prototype .
Originally posted by svtkid04:
i would like to see some pics of the cold air intake. will it look like speed demons injen intake or is it like the one on the link. i would love the intake to look like speed demons injen prototype .

THIS was the one on NECO. Seeing as though the MAF and all that is gonna be Carbon Fiber you can just get a mental picture of the outcome...

~darp~
Posted By: dallasb84 short ram *update* - 05/29/04 10:45 PM
these intakes will be 100% carbon. like stated before. dont be dissappointed if the price for the (full cold air kit) is near the price of the gmk kit. i want to keep it as low as possible but carbon is more expensive than wrapping it over aluminum. there are 3 layers of carbon sleeve which is super high quality stuff. but yeah on to the up date..... the short ram will be....1 shorty pipe, 1 carbon maf adapter, and mounting stuff like coupling and hose. cold air kit will be......1 shorty pipe, 1 cold air extension that will connect to the maf directly. i pressume the cold air extesion will be one piece and not be split in the center.
Update from the manufacturer:
maf prototype and short pipe should be done this weekend. thats the news.

OK who is IN ON THIS and who is waiting to see pics and who doesnt care at all. i need to know and i need more people in so the prices can drop. its about to get hecktic pretty quick as as soon as i collect your money your order will be made. come on guys this is the best time to get the best price and i need your help to do it. lets get this rolling.
Posted By: thejms Re: short ram *update* - 05/29/04 11:21 PM
Waiting to see pics here, most likely in, curious as to final price!
Posted By: Focer Re: short ram *update* - 05/29/04 11:31 PM
I really want to say I am in but, I need to see pics and prices for both shorty and cold air kits...
Originally posted by darpinian:
Originally posted by svtkid04:

THIS was the one on NECO. Seeing as though the MAF and all that is gonna be Carbon Fiber you can just get a mental picture of the outcome...

~darp~

but is it going to be one piece? will it look like speed demons injen intake. i dont have a pic but you guys know what it looks like. let me reword that. will you be able to see the attachment between the shory and the extension or will it be one solid piece cuz tha would be sick and so on.
Posted By: darpinian Re: short ram *update* - 05/30/04 03:38 AM
these intakes will be 100% carbon. like stated before. dont be dissappointed if the price for the (full cold air kit) is near the price of the gmk kit. i want to keep it as low as possible but carbon is more expensive than wrapping it over aluminum. there are 3 layers of carbon sleeve which is super high quality stuff. but yeah on to the up date..... the short ram will be....1 shorty pipe, 1 carbon maf adapter, and mounting stuff like coupling and hose. cold air kit will be......1 shorty pipe, 1 cold air extension that will connect to the maf directly. i pressume the cold air extesion will be one piece and not be split in the center.
Update from the manufacturer:
maf prototype and short pipe should be done this weekend. thats the news.

OK who is IN ON THIS and who is waiting to see pics and who doesnt care at all. i need to know and i need more people in so the prices can drop. its about to get hecktic pretty quick as as soon as i collect your money your order will be made. come on guys this is the best time to get the best price and i need your help to do it. lets get this rolling.

I'm in 100%. I wanna see the Pics of course. But I know I'm in for sure. Price doesn't really trip me out. I'll go up to 200 for this.

~darp~
Posted By: phattysvt Re: short ram *update* - 05/30/04 05:15 PM
i'll prolly be in, i too would def. have to see some pics tho
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: short ram *update* - 05/31/04 02:43 AM
I'm in...But, I want to make sure for the CAI, no cutting and no fusebox/battery location? Or is it the same as the other CAI?
Posted By: 99 red SVT Re: short ram *update* - 05/31/04 04:42 AM
Interested in the short ram intake, but need to see pictures first.
Posted By: dallasb84 up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 05:52 AM
1 jms....... waiting for pics.
2 darp...... want one so bad hell give his left testiclite
3 focer..... wants pics
4 svtkid.... wants to know how close it will be to the gmk and the injen. well imagine if you can. a couple with two clamps on the throttle body. a shorty pipe thats a little shorter than the kmk pieces of junk with the taps for the pcv and the 3/4 inch hose. then a couple that connects the shorty to the maf. then the carbon maf adapter and then your airfilter. the cold air extension will do away with the maf adapter and will connect to the maf directly and go around the battery like the gmk. i want the extension to be on big piece instead of split at the maf and at the cold air hole. get it? pm and ill try to draw you a skematic on ms paint.
5 phatyysvt. wants pics
6 freeprojectpat. wants pics and wants a custom one made. pm me man and maybe we can hook something up for you. it shouldnt be too hard.
7 99redsvt.. wants pic and interested in the short ram.

so far thats seven people interested of that one is for sure. i am still waiting on the pics. i have recieved notice that the prototype molds for the maf are being made. i should have heard something today but i didnt. as for the shorty pipe that should be easy to make. come on guys i need more people for the prices to really go down significantly. i wish i could quote these but at this point i am still in the dark.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 05:57 AM
just a question for you...i'm not in on this but i was wondering...

you say the MAF is going to be built into the intake and you're going to do away with the stock one? Isn't that going to do jack the price up considerably because you are not only paying for an intake but also for an MAF? And how is your MAF going to work correctly? Is it going to be calibrated for duratecs/zetecs?

Or did I misunderstand?
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 06:02 AM
no no no. what i meant was the maf adapter from the shorty kits will not be used but instead the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. when u upgrade the shorty to the cold air. the maf itself will still be there.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 06:36 AM
What will be the diameter of the carbon MAF adapter?
Posted By: IonNinja Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 06:48 AM
no no no. what i meant was the maf adapter from the shorty kits will not be used but instead the cold air extension will connect to the maf directly. when u upgrade the shorty to the cold air. the maf itself will still be there.

oh ok guess I didn't read correctly

i forgot duratecs use maf adapters...
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 06:57 AM
inside diameter of the maf adapter and cold air extension will be 2.75 and outside will be close to 3 but not quite because of thickness of the fabric.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 08:08 AM
inside diameter of the maf adapter and cold air extension will be 2.75 and outside will be close to 3 but not quite because of thickness of the fabric.

Seems kind of skinny. For reference, the MAF adapters from the KKM kit are 90mm (3.54 in.)

I know alot of guys here are using K&N filter 3530 which has a 95mm base diameter. Having to cinch the filter base down to 70mm is a dubious task. For those of us who would like to stick with the K&N, would we be able to buy the shorty pipe without the MAF adapter?

If so, or if a larger size MAF could be fabbed (I know that might not be possible at this stage in development), I'd be interested.

Also, will the inside of this intake be laid w/CF as well? I only ask because the "backside" of CF products is often "rough"- which isn't exactly good for smooth laminar flow.

Thanks for expanding our aftermarket.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 08:25 AM
sorry i didnt answer your other questions. yeah i can get you the shorty pipe. and i can special order your maf if your like it bigger. im assumin you want over 3 inches? if so im sure i can arrange this at a later date. but if youd like to order just the shorty pipe i can do that. yes inside will be carbon and since the process involves a mandrel. and wax the inside should be super smooth. thats in order for the carbon to slide off so to speak once it is cured. im not exactly sure what the manufactures process is but this is the most widely and cheapest way to make composite cylinders. let me know exactly what you want and i can get it for you. it may be more expensive if it involves having to get a different order of sleeve but im sure it shouldnt be too much more. the manufacture will be ordering stock according to the amount of people getting in on this. so the earlier the better. thanks.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 08:42 AM
um the inside diameter of the kkm maf adapter i have(was purchased on ebay) is bout 2.75 and the inside diamter of the maf itself is about 3 1/8 so i dont know what to say other than im trying to mimik what is already made.
Posted By: vudusvt_dup1 Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 12:40 PM
OK, but the KKM that I got from KKM is 90mm (3.54 in).
Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 04:13 PM
Originally posted by vudusvt:
I know alot of guys here are using K&N filter 3530 which has a 95mm base diameter. Having to cinch the filter base down to 70mm is a dubious task. For those of us who would like to stick with the K&N, would we be able to buy the shorty pipe without the MAF adapter?

Originally posted by DemonSVT:
3" flange diameter.

RF-1047 - 6" L x 6" to 5" taper = ~625cfm effective area
RC-4700 - 6.75" x 6" x 4" - ~640cfm
RE-0930 - 6" x 6" to 4.625" = ~600cfm

All are good choices.

The RC-4700 is chrome capped.

There you go, if you would like to stick with K&N here are some choices. I am assuming you are using the RU-3530. I am thinking of going with this

Originally posted by Bridge:

K&N RF-1047 (w/carbon fiber top, thanks for the info DemonSVT!!)

Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 05/31/04 04:28 PM
well imagine if you can. a couple with two clamps on the throttle body. a shorty pipe thats a little shorter than the kmk pieces of junk with the taps for the pcv and the 3/4 inch hose. then a couple that connects the shorty to the maf. then the carbon maf adapter and then your airfilter.

I am assuming you are providing the hose and clamps with the kit?
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 01:23 AM
jms thats a bomb lookin filter. ok guys i got pictures for the shorts ram kit the prices are a little more expensive than i thought they would be. he asked me what temperatures the parts would get up to and i was thinking between highest it could get to 130 degrees. he got back with me today about the temps and said the manufacturer of the resin said wed be better off using high temp epoxy and that jacked the price up substantually. im sorry for letting this out now i wish i would have known earlier. the price for the short ram kit will be 100 dollors flat. the shorty pipe will be 65 dollors. the maf will be 40. i feel so let down that the price is so darn high. i will go on ebay and buy all the couples for the kit. i expect black will be the color of choice. i saw a great deal on pink. how do i upload these pics.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 01:40 AM
id like to upload the pictures on the forum but i made a geocities web page. http://www.geocities.com/dallasb84/shortram.html

also the maf backplate is 8 layers thick making it 1/8 inch to it will be strong.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 01:51 AM
So $100 gets everything except a filter, right? If so, I'm down...Just out of curiosity, what is the projected price for the CAI extension?
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 02:12 AM
yeah i figure ill sell the pieces individually and considering the price for the small components the cold air extension shouldnt be more that 100 bux max. even though this shorty kit is so expensive the whole cold air kit will still be under 200 bux like i wanted to begin with. i still have to get all the coupling together but will take orders at this time. paypal address is
dallasb84@yahoo.com after you order please send a email with the description of your order.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 02:25 AM
project pat... 100 bux gets all maf couples hoses and short pipe. if you want to wait for the cold air kit. id just buy the short pipe for now. its all up to you. thanks alot.
Posted By: Bridge_dup1 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 04:25 AM
Is that short pipe a 3 port (regular duratec) or 4 port (SVT duratec)?

Whats the price on just the short pipe?
Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 04:32 AM
I am in for $100. When do you need the money? Also Bridge's question concerns me. If it is only 3 port what do we do for the 4th?

Is that short pipe a 3 port (regular duratec) or 4 port (SVT duratec)?

Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 04:33 AM

the shorty pipe will be 65 dollors. the maf will be 40.

Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 04:51 AM
i have a contour svt and have designed it to work with my car. it has two 1/4 inch lines and a 3/4 in line in the shorty pipe. then there is a ait sensor. i will make that for you on your order individually. that way you can position it how ever you like. i noticed on the intake i bought a while back there was a 4th port on the metal maf adapter for the ait but i closed it off and cut the hole in the coupling for the ait. that is up to you guys on that but there are 3 bungs on the shorty pipe for the pcv and the 3/4 inch lines. im curious as to different configurations for different models because i have not noticed a difference between the svt and non svt models. the shorty pipe has 3 lines and the maf will have the ait as the customer wants it. i will accept pay pal.
my paypal address is dallasb84@yahoo.com or just dallasb84. your order will be sent to the manufacturer asap.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 04:54 AM
if you have a specific need for a 4th port let me know and im sure we can work something out. i havent seen a 4th port before. like i said i have a 98 svt and i dont have one.
Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 03:24 PM
Ok, I am kinda putting two and two together here. there are 3 'tubes' that come out of the shorty and 1 hole for the sensor? You are saying that you did not get the hole put in the shorty for the sensor? I just want it in the stock location. I dont feel comfortable taking a drill to it when I get it or anything. Are you going to charge extra to get this port for the sensor added?
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 05:57 PM
ok im not sure if you have looked at the ait sensor. the cold air i had bought from ebay had a port for it that extended out. but the problem was the ait sensor was not in the airstream. how can it measure air temp if its not in the air's path. thats just it. it needs to be flush with the pipe so that it will cock in place. i will do the cutting for you. no need to worry. if you want it in the stock vicinity i can do just that. no worries. i hope this helps you out. thanks. most likely the ait will be on the maf adapter
Posted By: thejms Re: up date and questions answered. - 06/01/04 06:02 PM
ok im not sure if you have looked at the ait sensor. the cold air i had bought from ebay had a port for it that extended out. but the problem was the ait sensor was not in the airstream. how can it measure air temp if its not in the air's path. thats just it. it needs to be flush with the pipe so that it will cock in place. i will do the cutting for you. no need to worry. if you want it in the stock vicinity i can do just that. no worries. i hope this helps you out. thanks. most likely the ait will be on the maf adapter

Yes I have looked at it, I understand the concept. I was just making sure that there will be a place provided for it. Thanks, money sent btw.
Posted By: dallasb84 ITS ROLLING FOLKS - 06/01/04 06:10 PM
you dont know how excited i am to hear i have got one order!!! wooot wooot intakes here they come. thanks jms.

ordered...
1 jms
Posted By: thejms Re: ITS ROLLING FOLKS - 06/01/04 06:13 PM
NP Dallas, thanks for all the hard work and bringing more to the aftermarket table. I hope you get more orders.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: ITS ROLLING FOLKS - 06/01/04 06:14 PM
me too me too. no problem man just doing what i love. come on guys who else is in on this.
Posted By: 10mmFeeder Re: ITS ROLLING FOLKS - 06/01/04 11:21 PM
How long will this be open? If you need money now I can send it, but if you can wait a week or two that would be cool. I am definetly in though...
Posted By: dallasb84 short ram update - 06/02/04 05:17 AM
mr. freeprojectpat
the gb will be open a while longer but i would like to mention the order will also be delayed. i need at least 8 more people to complete this group buy.
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: short ram update - 06/02/04 05:27 AM
so is anyone else interested in the short rams? at this point if people are waiting for the cold air intake i can take orders for the shorty pipe now. who else is interested.
Posted By: kuropis Re: short ram update - 06/03/04 05:07 AM
Hi.. still interested in the CAI. Would like to see pictures and a final price before I make my decision.

Thanks for helping with the aftermarket!
Posted By: dallasb84 Re: short ram update - 06/03/04 05:15 AM
NO PROBLEM its just that right now im hoping to get a few orders in but i have only one so far. i was so excited to do this its just hard and i feel bad that the price jumped but i had a feeling that would discourage buyers. i totally understand this. the pictures are of the prototypes and i expect higher quality even better than that for these parts. if youd like i can take pictures of parts i ordered to show durability. going as far as standing on a 2.5 inch elbow i had custom ordered. this stuff is strong.
Posted By: kuropis Re: short ram update - 06/14/04 03:51 AM
Anything new going on this (CAI)?

Thanks!
Posted By: kuropis Re: short ram update - 06/28/04 04:12 PM
Did this die?
© CEG Archives